1447 Grandview Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoria-roma.com/
- Phone: 6144882104
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Prokopchak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trattoria Roma
Serving authentic Italian cuisine for over 15 years, Trattoria Roma specializes in made to order dishes such as Rotolo di Pasta & fresh seafood features daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trattoria Roma - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Trattoria Roma reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (6)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014We shared the antipasto plate and both ordered the cod special, which was outstanding. The mixture of flavors was awesome, with the grilled pineapple taking the prize. A half bottle of a nice chianti was available. My husband enjoyed the very nice tiramasu and I tried the salty caramel cheesecake. The service was excellent and the atmosphere very warm, quiet and calm. It was the perfect ending to a busy day.Special Features:
- NuggetVIPDined on 9/6/2014The summer peach salad with added salmon was a hearty meal for two members of our party. The pasta lunch portion was a disappointment for one member at our table. Perhaps some kind of portion visual would have made for a more pleasant dining experience for the hungry patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved on Labor DayHungryIDined on 9/1/2014I had 3 houseguests over Labor Day weekend, one of whom wanted to treat us to dinner -- & nothing seemed to be open. Trattoria Roma came to our rescue! We were 4 diners who have travelled in Italy and love Italian food. The menu looked good online, and we were not disappointed. The waitstaff was attentive & helpful. The place was very quiet when we arrived but filled up quickly. We had 4 different salads and pasta dishes, and we were all happy with our choices. I particularly liked the fresh peach slices in the house salad and the angel hair pasta. The waiter accommodated my friend's request for chicken piccata, although only veal was on the menu. We were too full for dessert. We had a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RLGahOHDined on 8/30/2014As always the food was great and the service was excellent. The mushroom/polenta appetizer was outstanding as was the peach salad. Almost too full at this point for the main dish, but it was lasagna-had to eat it all and top it off with the best pot de creme. The restaurant seemed very quiet for a Saturday night but maybe we were just early diners (6:30).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 out of 4's not badBeardiesRuleVIPDined on 8/23/2014Four dinners and three were quite good. Mako shark with risotto was excellent, shrimp (gambas) with tomato/basil sauce over pasta was very tasty and the veal caprese special with tomatoes and mozzarella was outstanding. Service was slow and the restaurant was not busy at the early hour we dined. We finally had to ask for bread which was brought out as 4 very thin, crisp slices of bread and no butter or oil served with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need another try to say for sureEricDined on 8/22/2014Food was okay. The lasagna sauce was good but the ground beef just tasted like beef, so it's highly reliant on the sauce for flavor. The pesto was just garlic, no other bold flavors. The garlic bread was out of this world and the waiter and other staff were very friendly. We had $10 off and still spent $60 (with tip) for two without any alcohol, so if trip #2 doesn't produce any better food then we won't be back. If I can make better Italian at home, it's not worth spending that much for an evening out.Special Features:
- Once was enoughWilliamDined on 8/9/2014Took friends to celebrate their anniversary. Waiter was great. Food was good.Special Features:
- excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I remember Tratorria Roma when it was on Morse road. I went once in the 80s and I never forgot the name. It was the best Italian food I ever ate. When I got a groupon I wondered if it was the same, but in Grandview. Yup....still excellent! The chef did an excellent job altering the menu for my carb-free sister!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might be our only visit...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Impromptu dinner with the husband. Shared a lovely caprese salad. Entrees were not special. My pasta reminded me of a dish I get at piada and my husband seafood stew was not a traditional preparation for a Classic Italian dish and was served cold. Don't know if we will go back but at least we can say we tried it!
- Charming Italian DinnerecsandDined on 7/24/2014I visited Trattoria Roma during Columbus' Restaurant Week, and was immediately impressed with the ambiance and greeting by a friendly hostess. We were seated in a quiet section near the bar and were helped by our server promptly. Our food was timed nicely - it arrived quickly to our table, but not too quickly - and it was all delicious. I would highly recommend Trattoria Roma for date night or just a fine Italian meal with friends or family!Special Features:
- Great StaffErinLynnDined on 7/24/2014We went in for Restaurant Week and had a great time! The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. A great wine list with a half bottle option which I really liked. The food was good, considering we're all a bunch of foodies and full blood Italians from NYC, we very much enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Not That ImpressedRyanDined on 7/23/2014We tried Trattoria Roma over Restaurant Week. Usually our Restaurant Week experiences are quite good. This one was noticeably mediocre. There wasn't anything blatantly wrong with our experience, but it didn't wow us. The food was adequate. It needed a good deal of salt and didn't knock my socks off, but I ate it all. The service was iffy. Three different people waited on us, one of whom looked at our breadless table and asked if anyone had brought bread. We were also crammed into a tiny table next to where the waiters store the water carafes, so the wait staff reached over my wife all night to get to them. The wait staff was friendly, they just seemed mismanaged. To wrap up, it wasn't a terrible experience, but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- DaisysmomDined on 7/23/2014Great neighborhood spot. Friendly service, although a little slow. Nice variety of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service not so muchgumbyDined on 7/22/2014The food was really good. I had lobster ravioli that was so delicious. However, there just seems to be way too few staff. We probably waited 10 minutes before we could even place our drink order. And then the wait between each course was so long. There's a line between being left alone to enjoy your meal and being ignored.Special Features:
- Traditional southern ItalianNotTheRestorTheirMomDined on 7/17/2014Stick with the basics. Lasagna. Amazing. Mixed chicken dish with veggies. Super bland. Waiter warned me with a "that's a very light dish. is that what you want?". Should have listened. Well light doesn't have to taste boring and it wasn't really light. If you are up for some old fashioned pictures-of-Frank-on-the-wall, southern red sauce, white bread, basic Caesar and a nice stiff drink, this is the place for you. There's a hundred of these places in NYC. There's only 1 in Grandview.Special Features:
- Lovely nightJennieDined on 7/16/2014It was so easy to make a reservation, request a patio seat, and enjoy a lovely dinner. Excellent choices and superb service. This could become one of our go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place, special treatmentBear70Dined on 6/24/2014We always have a good experience here. With all the food choices in Columbus, Trattoria Roma continues to stand out. Soft Sinatra jazz, quiet, and flexible with the food. I generally ask if I can have something a little different about a dish and chef is always glad to do it. And the food is always served HOT, which I really like. Quite a nice wine list, and reasonably priced. Nice desserts, too.Special Features:
- Lovely summer nightPepeDined on 6/22/2014The weather was perfect and the dining experience was a close match. Great food as usual and the service was exceptional, including a couple of fine recommendations from our server. Love T Roma!Special Features:
- Spot onJahensonDined on 6/21/2014I've been going here for years. I've never had a bad meal or bad service. Consistent, great food and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria RomamangiagirlDined on 6/21/2014Our dinner was excellent. We split the calamari, each had a salad and an entree. The seasonal peach salad was delicious and refreshing - a great suggestion by our server. Our food was also delicious and everything was spaced very nicely. They have a very nice wine list with by the glass options that are reasonable price. Our server was very friendly and very attentive. Overall, we were very impressed and will go back again. All the food delivered to other diners on the patio looked delicious too!Special Features:
- A nice neighborhood restaurantBrook52Dined on 6/18/2014Has an intimate, neighborhood feel. The bar is excellent, the food is nicely prepared and presented, and the service is always prompt and attentive. My wife and I have been there several times, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the Trattoria Roma reviews archive.
- Very disappointedSally2travelDined on 5/31/2014Returned to Trattoria Roma based on a previous great experience. This time was completely different. Service was inattentive and unacceptably slow. Restaurant was literally EMPTY except for one other inside table and a full patio but it took nearly 40 minutes to receive salads. The server blamed it on a kitchen rush despite the empty dining room. After waiting for entrees he came to clear our salad plates and said our entrees were ready. He then left and went to prepare checks for other tables while we continued to wait, until I finally asked another server if he could find our entrees. The food was forgettable and one of us was very ill later in the evening. We had to ask for our check while the server continued to ignore us. AVOID
- RomanticspecialdinerDined on 5/23/2014Nice romantic night for a big anniversary. Enjoyed the quiet even on a Friday night. Most people were outside eating - but we also got there early and as the night went on the dining room filled up. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent favoriteearzDined on 5/16/2014This is one of our "go to" restaurants. Food is consistently great and have not had anything here that isn't the same level of quality. They had one of my favorite salads (I guess it's seasonal)--blood orange dressing and currants and sunflower seeds. We had an appetizer (humus...it's unique), so I ordered the salad and crab cake as an entree, which was great. Our server was young but very professional and checked back appropriately without being too hovering or forgetting about us.Special Features:
- InconsistentjmajDined on 5/16/2014We have had really good food at Trattoria Roma in the past and we have also been disappointed in some of the offerings but we thought we would try it again when family came to town. Unfortunately, it was more of the same. Two of four meals were pretty acceptable but two of them, both pasta fresca, one with the whole wheat pasta and one with the angel hair, were decidedly uneventful. The 'fresh'vegetables were slightly overdone rather than crisp tender, the cream sauce was fairly flavorless and underspiced. This dish could shine with some fresh basil and lemon juice along with some freshly ground black pepper to enliven the flavor. We're hesitant to try again until they start to recognize the importance of fresh and flavorful dishes.
- Nice Mother's Day BrunchBeckyDined on 5/11/2014The salad, calamari, and Key Lime Pie were excellent. Probably one of the best Key Lime pies I have had in a long time. My husband was very happy with his panini, while I thought my gluten free pasta & meatballs were just ok. The Mimosa was fine, although, felt as though it could use more alcohol. It is a matter of taste. The Italian Mojito was excellent. The waitress was very attentive, and she did not interrupt conversations or bring in the main dish while we were eating salads and appetizers. She is a very strong asset. I would say the experience was very good...a few more boxes need to be checked to make it excellent :)Special Features:
- Molto Bene!DiscerningPalateDined on 5/10/2014Great food, wine list and atmosphere. We will be returning to this restaurant soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good way to start the WeekmtopDined on 4/27/2014Been to the restaurant before; very pleasing. Nice ambience; wait staff very attentive; food very good, hot/well seasoned (stuffed chicken breast). Quiet night which I appreciated. Only downer: swinging kitchen door on the other side of the wall, sounds/feels like small child kicking a the wall, thump, thump, thump. Didn't really take away from the experience but didn't add to it either. Recommended for a "date" night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian RestaurantweederVIPDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I go there quite often. The food is tasty and served in moderate portions. The staff is always friendly and attentive. They can answer questions re the menu and make good suggestions. The restaurant is always clean and pleasant. After 7:00 PM mostly an adult crowd/ Tjere are a few tables out front facing the street which some folks like during warm weather.Special Features:
- Amori!libraDined on 4/26/2014A long standing Grandview Avenue gem - always lovely to enter the environs of Trattoria Roma - so clean with fresh looking table linens, welcomed by the professional service staff. Always look forward to the freshly toasted slices of Italian bread that are served immediately. The scallops were perfectly cooked and infused with flavor. The antipasto was a delicious beginning and the pasta serving was delicious and not a huge serving that is intimidating. You can carry on a conversation which is part of a good dining experience too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnersocialgalDined on 4/19/2014Several years ago we went here and were not huge fans but boy has that changed. The service was great the food was better! Best calamari ever. Our group had pasta chicken scallops and it was all great. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome. LovedSSDSDined on 3/20/2014The food was awesome. Loved the caprese salad! Server was friendly and attentive. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceBrynnerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Very friendly neighborhood gem with great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good. Chef very willingBear70Dined on 3/6/2014Reliably good. Chef very willing to customize a dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night, six o'clock.jimboVIPDined on 2/16/2014Sunday night, six o'clock. Table for six. Restaurant was quite busy, service was superb. Diyana continues to excel, and Jan at the front podium was on top of his game as well. Food was served on a timely basis, and a busy kitchen hit all its marks. Thanks again, TR!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehValenDinerDined on 2/16/2014Glad we got a coupon... Not the best place I've ever been - food was expensive... without the coupon would have been $95 for pasta, a single glass of wine (shared), an appetizer, salad and the meal... all that said, it tasted wonderful... needs updating IMO to be able to charge those prices.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014The waiters that waited on our tables were not good at all. There was a woman that came to our table to bring water and to refill our glass and she never made any eye contact or say hi. Our main waiter also came to our table once in a blue moon and we noticed that he waited on the table right next to us that had two women and he made alot of small talk with them and also showed more care and compassion to their needs then ours. We truthfully had to flag him down to put in our food order as well as for our checks. Didn't expect that experience and quite frankly I was disappointed on an evening like that for my girlfriend and I on Valentines day. Will not go back there again.Special Features:
- The food was bland, cold andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014The food was bland, cold and took a very long time to come out.
- Sean and Matt continue tojimboVIPDined on 2/2/2014Sean and Matt continue to excel. A wonderful meal, with fresh ingredients, including the special recipe Jewel Evans bread. Served by Diyana, who is a true professional. Topped off with fabulous desserts and Stauf's coffee. Thank you Trattoria Roma!Special Features:
- All-around goodGoEnjoyDined on 1/23/2014On the dining side of the restaurant (there is a small bar separated from the dining room), there is no competing music or other background noise; so, it's a perfect place for having conversation and simply enjoying a great meal. The lighting is appropriately set, so reading a menu and seeing the food when it arrives are easily done. After years of dining there, the restaurant is considerably above average with consistently good food and service! As I think about the experience, I appreciated the atmosphere as much as I did the food; so, I strongly recommend it for an all-around great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.