Trattoria On Pearl
1430 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria On Pearl
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriaonpearl.com/
- Phone: 3035440008
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Cofrades
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can provide food for any off-site event, from appetizers to a 5-course chef's menu, for 8 to 200 people. We can also close all or part of our restaurant for your private event.
- Private Party Facilities: We specialize in rehearsal dinners, for 20 to 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Guillermo Casarrubias 3035440008
A word from Trattoria On Pearl
Trattoria on Pearl features modern Italian cuisine in its warm and cozy restaurant located on Boulder's Pearl Street Mall. It also has a 40 seat patio for people watching during warm days and evenings. Chef Daniel Cofrades, who trained in the best kitchens in France and previously worked with Kevin Taylor and at Adega, meticulously prepares each dish. Favorites include homemade gnocchi, ravioli, cracker-crisp pizzas, linguine vongole (clams), cioppino, pollo arrosto (roast chicken), and veal scaloppine. Owner Guillermo Casarrubias has put the wine expertise he gained at the Brown Palace in Denver, the Left Bank in Vail, and the Pump Room in Chicago to good use. He has increased the wine list from 50 to 300 bottles of wine from around the world, including French, Italian, California, Colorado, Spanish, Chilean, Australian and Argentinian varieties. Guillermo has also developed specific pairings of after dinner drinks and desserts — the perfect conclusion for the ideal meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria On Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
- ClosedClosedDined on 5/25/2014Closed, but they did call me to tell me they were closed .
- SeizedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014It was my son's graduation from CU Boulder and I had booked a table for 13 on Saturday May 10 many months ago. On Friday we were walking by the restaurant and happened to notice the seized sign for non payment of taxes. We were very lucky to fit our group into a wonderful restaurant down the street called Sforno. Food and service terrific! We did not hear from Open Table about the closing which would have been a nice gesture.
- closing the day before cu graduatioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014We had reservations for dinner on CU's graduation day. Two days before, someone from Trattoria on Pearl called us to cancel our reservations because they had closed due to bankruptcy. What???
- The restaurant does not exist!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014We went to the restaurant and it was closed down and out of business.
- Seized because of taxeslaaseeDined on 5/8/2014Initially, I booked a spot at Trattoria on Pearl for graduation dinner. To be honest, I'd never been here before and booked solely based on the fact that it was one of about 3 restaurants that had an early enough reservation. However, I never even got to taste the food or look at the restaurant because 24 hours before my reservation (literally) I got a phone call stating "we didn't renew our lease on Pearl so we're closed until further notice." So the day before my graduation I had a large group of people coming and no reservation. They had to have known they'd possibly close earlier than 24 hours before. Luckily L'Atelier was super kind and fit us in last minute.
- DisappointingdenverskierVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was average - chicken picatta and marsala was a bit tough. Salads were good. Gnocchi bolognese was canned bolognese sauce poured over gnocchi. None of the four of us really liked the food. Pretty disappointing for a $100 meal. We received our salads and then and HOUR later our entrees arrived - even though we were the only people in the restaurant at 8 pm on a Saturday night! The excuse was that they "cook the meals from scratch". Hmmmm.Special Features:
- Uh-oh! What a disappointment...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014From the moment we sat down on the outside patio's uncomfortable chairs, to the strange host... we were concerned. We hadn't been to the restaurant in about a year, and usually had a good experience, but things have deteriorated. Service was slow, even though there weren't many people dining. The waiter explained they were getting a "lot of on line orders." We ordered the calamari appetizer, which when it finally arrived, we had to send back since it was overcooked. Our two dinners tasted like they came out of a can, with shrimp also overcooked. Through no fault of the restaurant, some guy playing guitar and "singing" out front didn't help the ambiance. They did comp us for the app and two glasses of wine. Better skip this place now.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Our waiter Jordon was absolutely charming, helpful and he gave excellent service. They need to keep him as he is a gem. We moved tables and there was no attitude whatsoever. The only complaint was the noise level as a table of several women came in and were seated next to us. We just couldn't hear each other. Ended up at a table in the bar area and it was great. Had coupons to use but did the Monday night special so we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experiencedadanddaughterDined on 4/26/2014The plate of mixed appetizers for two was very good, but our waiter told us it could not be prepared for three instead, even though that is how many we were. Pastas were fresh but a bit overcooked, and the sauces seemed heavy on the cream and a bit bland. The best one we tried was the Fettucini Carbonara, which had a bit more life. When we asked for Gellato for dessert we were told that they didn't have any because they had been planning to close permanently that very day and had been using up their stock of food. However they apparently are now expecting to stay open until July. Based on the few people there on a Saturday night, I wonder if they will last that long.
- Reasonable place to visit.MoreQthanADined on 4/11/2014This place has a pretty location and a lot of competition. Thus I would have expected it to be pretty good and, though the food is certainly "ok", there are things they could do better. First: the service.... (sigh). Our poor waitress was rushed off her feet and could barely keep up, hence food not warm, drinks late, and we had to open the bottle wine ourselves. Really. Secondly the hardware (!) - the chairs and tables (outside) have certainly seen much better days. Thirdly, while the food is actually pretty good, just a little more effort would make it very good (please). However; the wine was not at all bad (for the price) and the ambiance is very pleasant indeed. Will I be back? Probably. Maybe later in the summer - but not before......Special Features:
- Delightfully delicious diningDiningInDenverDined on 4/8/2014Yum! Everything was excellent. Soup, salad, fish, fresh ingredients. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't have the Bistecca ....MokifoodDined on 4/4/2014Nice location and Trattoria atmosphere. A good wine list. The salads were fresh , large and flavorful. The Bistecca was "unfortunate" as it was ordered med-rare and arrived well done. And the gnocci was average at best. Service was cheerful but help on the wine selection was not well informed. Seemed to be well set up for larger groups or families. For the money there are better options.Special Features:
- Pizza PizzaTrattoriafan4lifeDined on 4/1/2014Having tried so many great entrees here, we finally decided we'd try the pizza. Don't know what took us so long. Crispy crust with a rich tomato sauce, loads of cheese and slices of "designer" pepperoni topped with fresh basil. We wanted to eat the whole large pizza right then it was so delicious but we had already had savory salads and the great homemade house bread and dipping sauce. Wow what a deal at such a low price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handmade pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/13/2014Excellent pasta. They brought my salad with my entree. When I commented I would not have ordered the salad if I was going to receive them at the same time nothing was said or done. I didn't eat the salad but was still charged for it. Disappointed in the service but the good was amazing though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was ClosedKimberlyVIPDined on 3/9/2014We went to this restaurant last week, reservations at 1 pm. There was a closed sign on the door. We've been to this restaurant before and it is a good place to eat on Pearl Street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingckingDined on 3/1/2014Trattoria on Pearl is charming and good! Food is delicious, with well-balanced flavors, fresh and not at all heavy. Service is warm and welcoming from your first welcome at the door. This has the feel of a small restaurant in Europe. The chef is in evidence frequently, visiting with customers and making certain that all runs smoothly. Timing is just a tad uneven, and the minestrone, while flavorful, was heavy on potatoes and light on other veggies, or I would have given 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MenuMicheleDined on 2/28/2014We arrived and were seated by the window on a cold evening. It was also close to the door and every time the door opened we were chilled. We asked to be moved somewhere else and immediately and cheerfully were taken to a table far from the door and window. After that, the evening was wonderful! The Restaurant Week menu was satisfying and we opted to add the wine pairings with our meal. It was a delightful dining experience. Wait staff was wonderful and our waitress was charming.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant Week diningHappyDinerDined on 2/28/2014We ate here the last day of the February restaurant week. The selection offered was very diverse. The wives both ordered the lobster and shrimp while the husbands both tried the fettuccine carbonara. The food was very tasty although we felt that the fettuccine sat under the heating lamp too long as the sauce had begun to dry out. The hit of the night was the Chocolate Martini. We even had to stop at the bar and ask for the ingredients so we could attempt to recreate at home. We certainly will return again to try their regular fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What restaurant week is all about!!JCMCDMDined on 2/26/2014We went for restaurant week, and this is one of the top 10 out of many we have tried. Excellent food and service, even though they were a bit short staffed, and got slammed on a Wednesday night. All good! Well be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria--a Gem on PearlCandyDined on 2/22/2014We have eaten at Trattoria several times now and always find a consistently pleasing experience. I love the location on Pearl and like to sit near a window or outside to see the action. The service has always been good and the food has exceeded expectations. We took advantage of the 5280 deal (now $30/person), and both chose the half lobster entree. My husband's from Maine and said the lobster was great and not too dry which sometimes a half lobster can be. The desserts and drinks to go along with each course were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too bad considering....CrdfgrlDined on 2/15/2014We went on a VERY busy Saturday night and two of their staff had just walked out on them and one of their waiters (ours) had to handle the door traffic as well as do tables. He was completely frazzled and was trying to keep it together. We felt really bad for him because people were walking out and saying bad things about the service but really it wasn't his fault. By the time we got our good etc ... It wasn't really that long of a wait at all and the good was amazing!! My boyfriend didn't think his steak was big enough but he always thinks that. All in all, I would go back in heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedblahblahDined on 2/15/2014We have been to Trattoiria before, and loved it. This time they were short staff (manager telling everyone someone had walked out) Food was over cooked, we had to ask for everything from water to the check. Hoping it was just a bad night
- We were 9 minutes late andjntsDined on 2/15/2014We were 9 minutes late and they had given away our table. They forgot to give us bread. Our appetizer was very good (sweet potato gnocchi) and my ravioli di pera was great, but my husband's fettuccinni with shrimp was so bland he couldn't even eat it.
- One if my favoritesBill5845Dined on 1/17/2014La Trattoria is one of my favorite Boulder spots. Good food, good service, great service all under Guillermo's personal attention always a meal a wonderful experience. In the summer, sit outside and enjoy the Pearl Street Mall scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive christmashoussieVIPDined on 12/25/2013What a fun night! Guillermo prepares 6-7entrees and several sides, each person picks an entree and 2 sides, then it all comes to the table and pass them around. Really fun dividing it all up and sharing. Roast turkey, prime rib, a gorgeous lamb roast: festive and fun for the holiday (And everyone in High spirits!) and all was incredibly good. So fun if cooking does not fit into your day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemMarkDined on 12/21/2013This place is a real gem. The owner/chef is truly an artist. We visited based upon a friends recommendation and they were right on! Great food, warm atmosphere, nice comfortable place for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Bite DinnerJillyDined on 11/22/2013Made a reservation for First Bite night because menu was varied and much to choose from.The entrees were very good and it met our expectations. The service was excellent and the ambiance was pleasant and romatic.Special Features:
- Boulder First BitesCOFoodieDined on 11/22/2013Visited Trattoria on Pearl for first time. First Bites menu looked good. Got the avocado soup and fondue to start. Both were delicious and at a good temperature which can make or break a soup. The entrees were quite substantial portions. I got the shrimp & lobster fra Diavola and my husband got the oso bucco. The lobster was still in the shell, half a tail and claw. I didn't expect that much meat for a discounted dinner. Desserts were also substantial and tasty. The coffee was singly made from expresso. It doesn't get any better than that! The wait staff was very attentive and accommodating. Generously offering more bread even before we asked. We were thus surprised that the place was so empty on a Saturday night,especially a First Bites.Special Features:
- great foodErieDined on 11/20/2013Hadn't been to Trattoria for several years. Went for First Bite Boulder. Food was excellent. Choices were very nice. Told the waiter we had an event to attend and told him the time. It obviously didn't matter to him. He kept re-stocking glasses at the bar. Had to approach him to get our dessert as we needed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A group of four of us wentMackDined on 11/19/2013A group of four of us went for a First Bite Boulder dinner. We were all very happy with our food and service. It was a slow night but we enjoyed the ambience and friendly and helpful staff. We will return.Special Features:
- Restaurant week success.KIeffalaDined on 11/16/2013This was our first time at Trattoria. We went with friends to try it out during restaurant week. We loved it every course was great, and the wine pairings were spot on. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to this restaurantbouldernativeDined on 11/16/2013I have been to this restaurant many times over the last few years and have always enjoyed it. I used to consider it the best italian restaurant in Boulder. However, my dining experience this time was not good. Our waiter made a number of errors with our orders, which wasn't that important, but then when the food arrived, it wasn't very good. The lobster was bland and tasteless, and the osso bucco sauce tasted kind of like barbecue sauce. Since it was the First bite menu, the meal also came with dessert. I had the pumpkin creme brulee, and it wasn't very good. It was bland and had a funny aftertaste. I won't be returning to this restaurant. There are too many great restaurants in Boulder to waste time at a mediocre one.
- First Bite GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2013The special menu for First Bite is excellent. Lobster Diablo and Osso Bucco are a treat. Salad was excellent and the Gelato-Chocolate Dessert was dreamy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location,PoobahDined on 11/5/2013Good location with great outdoor seating. Great service. Food was average and bland and lacked taste and originality. Overpriced, but had great lunch menu value.Special Features:
- It was a so-so experience.RobinDined on 11/2/2013It was a so-so experience. The appetizer and dessert was good, but entrees were mediocre. We used a TravelZoo coupon and our service was almost nonexistent.......server was not very attentive unless we flagged her over. First dessert received was not prepared properly, so returned that. Server was attentive to that, but not to much else.
- The perfect Trattoria... plus!TeganDined on 10/22/2013We've been to Italy several times and this wonderful restaurant epitomizes the traditional trattoria. We look forward to dining at this terrific restaurant for that very reason. The owners and staff exude warmth and hospitality--- they welcome you like old friends into their home. The trattoria's freshly made delicious breads, pastas, tantalizing antipasti, delicious entrees and luscious desserts are expertly prepared and consistently great. Combine the delicious fare, fine wines, genuine warmth, smiles and attention to detail and you have a perfectly trattoria--- with gourmet food--- right here in Boulder, CO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeeweePEeweeDined on 10/4/2013We ordered chicken and is rubbery as if microwaved. We sent it backSpecial Features:
- Better outsideDogMomTravelVIPDined on 10/4/2013This was my second time dining at Trattoria on Pearl. While the pasta was equally good, the ambiance wasn't. Last time I sat outside which was great. This time we were inside. Unfortunately, inside is a bit too cozy and loud and you constantly hear the door slamming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date PlacegooddatesDined on 9/28/2013My wife and I have been to Trattoria a few times, and every time we are astounded with how good the food is. The gnochi here is always unbelievably good, and the servers were able to suggest a wine that went extremely well with our meal. Overall, Trattoria has all the components for a good date. A relaxed atmosphere, good food, good service, and good wine if you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BillyDined on 9/27/2013Good was pretty good and prices were great for happy hour. As with alot of boulder establishments in boulder waitstaff was subpar but i being in food service im probably over critical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.