Trattoria No. 10
10 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trattoria No. 10
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriaten.com/
- Phone: 3129841718x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Caputo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trattoria No. 10
Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria No. 10 - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Trattoria No. 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
401 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (219)special occasion (196)romantic (179)notable wine list (103)neighborhood gem (102)great for lunch (101)good for groups (92)late-night find (14)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Squash Ravioli To Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014We had the squash ravioli as a side dish. It was as if we were having desert first. The service was great - just the right touch of friendliness along with expert guidance to the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Great for anytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went here before a show, but we will go back even if we aren't attending a performance. Great Ravioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business dinnerMitsukoDined on 9/18/2014Our table of 5 all enjoyed dinner at Trattoria 10. I ordered a frisee salad with goat cheese but it appeared to be arugula, which I also love. My entree was the squid ink pasta with seafood which was delicious and flavorful. We ordered gelato assortment for dessert and also the truffle cake. We were most impressed with the head server who came to our table to offer a seat at the bar to free up our table for the next reservation. We were done so did not move to the bar but she was kind enough to offer us a bottle of wine for moving us. We declined the wine as well but the gesture was very professional.Special Features:
- Open Table does it again!GiGiDined on 9/18/2014We never would have walked in off the street -- it looks just fine, but there are a million to choose from and you really can't discriminate. But the other reviews (especially for the squash ravioli) sent us in for lunch. It was terrific -- a very large veal piccata, and a prosciutto/fig/fennel antipasti were equally delicious. I watched them serve a private group of 60 at the same time, and there were no hold ups on our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessBarney100VIPDined on 9/17/2014What's not to like about this place? Cozy atmosphere with great service, inventive spin on classic Italian fare, and impeccable service. Everything was fantastic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Definitely a "10"FIneDinahDined on 9/17/2014This is my absolute favorite downtown restaurant. Perfectly prepared Italian food with a light touch. The atmosphere invites you on a European fine dining experience without leaving town. Service is impeccable (thank you, David).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite destinationnorthernlightsDined on 9/15/2014I'm sure there are many other comparable restaurants, but in the dozen or so times I've visited Trattoria 10 during the past 20 years, I have always had a completely enjoyable experience, from the food to the ambience to the service. There has never been a misstep, ever. For these reasons we keep returning to Trattoria 10 every time we visit Chicago. The ravioli are superb.Special Features:
- Great Chicago FindTessDined on 9/13/2014Very cozy spot below street level. Loved the atmosphere & service. Nice menu. Be sure to try the ravioli (I went wild for the butternut squash with walnut butter). The veal scallopini was very good, as well. Good list of Italian wines. All in all, a lovely evening. I would surely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try the ravioli!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The butternut squash ravioli is outstanding! Get the larger size as it would be hard to eat only 4 of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I had seen Trattoria No.10 on "Check Please". When we were looking for a restaurant to go to before going to "The House of Blues", Trattoria No. 10 was the perfect choice as it was in walking distance of the venue. We made reservations online and received an email with a confirmation number. The next day we got a call that they had to change our reservations as the restaurant hours were wrong on the website. It still allowed for plenty of time to enjoy our meal without feeling rushed. Our server was very conscientious of the time to allow us to enjoy our meal but not feel rushed. The food was phenomenal! The service was spot on! Every part of the experience was incredible! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!BirthdayorganizerDined on 9/12/2014My first time here. Was meeting two others for a business lunch, arriving from Mt. Prospect, Glenview and Chicago. Although the restaurant filled up, we were easily able to carry on a conversation at our table without being overpowered by noise, or hearing the conversation at the table next to us. Delicious food, excellent service, pretty murals, nice ambiance. Our server was a delight! Very professional, courteous, and attentive without hovering. Knowledgeable of the menu items and helpful at providing recommendations. Will come again---and again! Very pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chicago MustTXK65VIPDined on 9/8/2014I try to make it here at least 3 or four times a year. You must try their house made raviolis. They have standard and special varieties available and you can order them as an appetizer to share. Although they concentrate on pasta dishes, I've had the pork or beef selections and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattaria No. 10 is a must try!!!Cubsgal74Dined on 9/6/2014Our party of 6 dined here last Saturday night based on it being rated as one of the top restaurants in the area according to Zagat. The restaurant was fantastic in accommodating us after being late for our reservation- we are not locals and had a little trouble finding it. When we did arrive, we were promptly escorted in with a smile. The service was outstanding- some of the best we have experienced anywhere- and we were given excellent recommendations of items to try. In particular, we loved the polenta appetizer, the butternut squash ravioli (amazing!) and the day boat scallops. In a city with so many great choices, Trattoria No. 10 is a must-try- reasonable prices, top notch service, delicious food. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodNewYorkLuVIPDined on 9/5/2014Not as good as when Laurie Piper was in the kitchen but still rates high. Scallops had some grit and the sauce was too thick. Pasta dishes always good.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 9/5/2014Excellent downtown restaurant. Have been going there for years. Food and service is way about standard. Would highly recommend for personal or business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria 10--Always excellentLooseEndsDined on 9/5/2014Dinner with hubby. Food and service were excellent as usual. Really love the butternut sage ravioli and never miss it. Also had rack of lamb. Delicious. Also, when I am looking for someplace elegant and all around well run, T10 is my first choice for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experienceRbodDined on 9/5/2014Out-of-town guests were impressed, but as Chicago goes a pretty average downtown tourist restaurant. Nothing exceptional, but nothing horrible.
- Always OutstandingTJM1957VIPDined on 9/4/2014We had a birthday celebration (mine) that evening. Our waiter, David, was very attentive and down to earth. He gave great recommendations and we never had to look for him. He also brought complimentary wine and dessert complete with a birthday candle to our table. The beet ravioli salad was amazing as was the other pasta dishes we had. I love going to this place.Special Features:
- LoisDined on 9/3/2014All around exellent. The choice of either small or large portions for entres really gives a great deal of flesibility. A favorite place in the loop for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This has always been a favorite of mine. It has a wonderful ambience, as well as, wonderful food. Great place to go to lunch that is close by.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantDinerDined on 8/30/2014Lovely venue with very good food, service, wines, ambiance - all that anyone could want. And prices are not typical downtown Chicago prices. While not cheap, the pricing is very suitable to the menu.Special Features:
- Special place in theatre districtgoodfenceVIPDined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy are meal at Trattoria #10. First timers should try the Butternut Squash ravioli. It has been the top dish here for 25 years.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSethDined on 8/29/2014I ordered the sausage pasta to share and Steak, it was excellent.Special Features:
- Great homemade pastaDiner321VIPDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic and attentive service. Wonderful pasta and Italian wine selections. Profiteroles for dessert were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Pasta and Great Service. GO!LongTimeFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Dave was our server and he was stellar. The fresh pasta that is made there, and was truly flavorful and tender. You can order 1/2 or full orders of pasta, or as we did, full orders but 2 different pastas. They brought us each two smaller plates of each ravioli which were outstanding, as were the shellfish pasta, the salads, and the cheese course that we had for dessert. Two of us had beet "ravioli" salads that were a rift on ravioli...thinly sliced beets with a ricotta/goat cheese mixture, topped with perfectly seasoned arugula. A gorgeous presentation and so tasty. The wine choices were also quite good with many in the $60/bottle range. We had two bottles. It is in the Loop, underground. We cannot give our server enough accolades. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade Ravioli is a must!RSchueDined on 8/23/2014This has always been our favorite spot for pre-theatre dining, but it also is a very splendid choice for dinner any time. We enjoyed a birthday dinner with our niece featuring the ravioli half-orders as appetizers then moving on to salads and splitting a couple of entrees among our small group. Great service and good recommendations from our waiter. The only odd part of our experience was the ladder being used to adjust the track lighting over the changing table settings. At first, I thought it had to be a roof leak given the earlier thunderstorm. How odd to have staff on ladders in the middle of the service staff and fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the RavioliJustGiveMeGoodFoodDined on 8/22/2014The menu is very definitely traditional Italian, with several different ravioli choices, and a number of other pasta dishes and mains. I had intended to have the caprese but our very enthusiatic and well-informed waiter, Jan, suggested that we try a few of the house specialities instead. In the end we had the organic beet ravioli (thin-sliced beets, sandwiched together to look like ravioli) and an actual ravioli (with artichoke and ricotta) for starters. The half orders of all of the pasta dishes make for a perfect appetizer size. For mains, I had another half order - the orecchiette this time - and the spouse had the veal scallopini. The pasta was cooked perfectly & the half orders ideal. Excellent craft beer menu. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- good Italian diningcath2oDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our evening here, it was not very busy possibly because it's in a basement and no outdoor space. In the winter I imagine it would be very cosy. Food was good, but not exciting (mainstream italian) and service very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chicago FoodUpstreamDined on 8/21/2014Trattoria #10 was a very beautiful place. A bit hard to find but the food is well worth it. The service was good as was the wine selection.Special Features:
- Delicious!abradfoodieDined on 8/21/2014I have never been let down at Trattoria No. 10. This past visit was one of the first times I didn't get pasta so I was worried I wouldn't enjoy my meal, but I did! The salad I ordered came out quickly and was perfectly prepared. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Favoritewe4foodDined on 8/20/2014Go here when you want to let a person know they are special and deserve a high quality dining experience in the heart of the Loop.Special Features:
- Always GreatrddsdvDined on 8/20/2014Had a great lunch on Tuesday--the food was excellent, as always, and the service was very good. The noise level seemed a bit louder than usual, but not distracting.Special Features:
- Lunch BreakHowardr48VIPDined on 8/20/2014Took a friend out for his birthday. We both had the house made pasta and neither of us we disappointed. I had one of the ravioli dishes and it was wonderful. Given that we were there for lunch the service was tailored to getting you in and out in an hour. No complaints.Special Features:
- It was a Birthday Lunch CelebrationfoodconnoisseurDined on 8/20/2014We had a large group with an early reservation. We were seated promptly, the server was friendly, polite and attentive, and the entrees were wonderful with plentiful portions. The only dislike I had was the bread was toasted too hard. I would have preferred warm bread over what was served.Special Features:
- Interview LunchTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 8/19/2014Asked for a "quieter" table in the restaurant and was accomodated nicely.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitsluvagoodmealDined on 8/18/2014We were a bit disappointed in this visit. My butternut ravioli were not served hot and with very little sauce. Our other entree, the pasta with wild mushrooms was served hot and was delicious, although a little salty. I told the server about the ravioli and she apologized but I didn't get a hot entree until my husband was done with his lunch. We, of course, wanted to dine together and not separately. We always raved about this restaurant to friends, but we were not happy on this visit.Special Features:
- GOOD EXPERIENCEFLAGEORGIALINEDined on 8/15/2014WHILE IN CHICAGO ON BUSINESS I SELECTED TRATTORIA 10 FOR A SMALL DINNER PARTY OF 4. GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND QUALITY.Special Features:
- DeliciousckschollVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great dinner, wonderful service provided by Sarah. The new menu has some additions. And the gluten free pasta is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodMrsPaloDined on 8/15/2014Had dinner before heading over to Goodman Theater. Service was excellent and the food was even better! Very reasonably priced considering the quality of the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014What a hidden gem in the city. So enjoyed and will definitely will visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.