Trattoria No. 10
10 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trattoria No. 10
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriaten.com/
- Phone: (312) 984-1718
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trattoria No. 10
Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria No. 10 - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Trattoria No. 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
384 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (231)special occasion (180)romantic (153)neighborhood gem (115)great for lunch (109)good for groups (101)notable wine list (96)hot spot (19)late-night find (17)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always Love Trattoria #10!LaddiedogDined on 11/21/2014Warm welcoming atmosphere, delicious food, friendly competent service - and you can hear your own conversation! What else do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before show dining- for 30 yrsjazzzfanVIPDined on 11/20/2014Very nice quiet space outstanding service very good Italian food made on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ambiance and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Always my first choice when deciding to take out of town business guests. Also a great place for a romantic dinner before heading to the theatre. Waiters are extremely helpful and curtious. Had a business meeting this week and guest needed to leave in a relatively short period of time. The food was served to us within 10 minutes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!FredDined on 11/17/2014Dinner was outstanding! The mushroom soup was fantastic and the lobster ravioli was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find, Nice BasementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The setting of the restaurant is very nice. Although it is in a basement, it feels like a lovely Italian basement! I had a wonderful field green salad and the lobster ravioli. The smaller portion of the ravioli was enough for me, but hungrier people should go for the bigger option. Lobster ravioli was quite good; some lobster was a bit dry but the sauce was wonderful. No butter for bread, but great bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We had a great experience with a party of 6 including our 4 year old. Food and service were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/14/2014We have never been disappointed in terms of the quality of the food and the wine selections.Special Features:
- Nice lunch in downtown ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Good food, service, ambiance. Warm welcome, clean, and invitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceSkibabeDined on 11/10/2014I've been going to this restaurant for over 25 years. The food is consistently excellent. I always know that whatever dish I order, it will be of high quality and very tasty. Some of the items change on the menu every few months or so which allows one to try different dishes. I had lobster ravioli the other night which was to die for. You should also try their butternut squash ravioli which one of my dinner companions loves and they put it on the menu every year at around this time. We came to Trattoria No. 10 the other night just for that reason. Service is always great, too. Our waitress took time with us to explain dishes and answer questions without making us feel rushed. Anyone who hasn't tried this restaurant is missing out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downstairs but upscaleChicago2VIPDined on 11/8/2014You enter the restaurant at street level and immediately go downstairs (there is an elevator) and the hostess area opens up to several larger dining rooms. We were seated and greeted promptly. Our party of four was delighted to find a number of options to chose from. We all started with one of the more than nine salad options and all of them were very good. I had the veal scaloppini which was marvelous and my wife enjoyed the ravioli with asparagus which she loved. Our guests enjoyed two of the other pasta choices and raved about them as well. We all finished the evening sharing a couple tiramisu deserts along with coffee. This was truly a delightful experience! A friendly staff and atmosphere. We all can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dishes & nice wine list!AandBClevelandVIPDined on 11/6/2014Three of us went here last week for afterwork dinner. The ambiance was great for work or play. Noise level is just fine for discussion, but not too stuffy that you couldn't have fun. Yes, you walk downstairs to enter the restaurant, but don't let that dissuade you. It's a nice ambiance. We started with beet salad, calamari and a soup among us. All were delicious. As mains, we had mushroom risotto, homemade ravioli w/ butternut squash, etc., and farfelle w/ duck. We each tasted all three, and they were delicious! Presentation was lovely. The wine list was very good. Service was wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. Easy walk from JW Marriott on W. Adams. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doc HollidayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Our server was quite focused to our needs and professional. The accessory service ie drink refillers, were excellent also. We enjoyed the ravioli dishes which had great flavor and tenderness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014My business guest loved the food and ambiance. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great experience againQTPriVIPDined on 11/1/2014we enjoyed having our anniversary here. I had the best squash ravioli, the nutty flavor really came through. And I was happy that I could order half dishes and try the sausage ravioli also-it's a great option for people who love to try everything! My boyfriend had the pork dish that was excellent-it was so tender that it fell off the bone. Honestly we've been to other Italian restaurants and none can come compare to Trattoria. Also, to add to our great night we got a surprise tiramisu - so tasty and light and my boyfriend appreciated the extra chocolate on the side :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I were attending a show and wanted to try somewhere new to eat prior to the evening's event. We came across this place almost totally by accident as a referral from the ticket company. The menu looked interesting so we booked. Very glad we did. The food is excellent, very fresh, locally sourced, which appealed to my inner-Greenie, and most importantly tasted great. Portion sizes were on point, flavours were exquisite, and the presentation was lovely. We cannot wait to go back and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices up, food slipping?bigmccDined on 10/31/2014We have eaten at Trattoria No. 10 many times, but our most recent visit was perhaps the least satisfactory. My sautéed calamari appetizer was very good (but not as good as a few weeks ago when the dish was focused on calamari + peppers rather than calamari + beans) and the duck breast with confit entrée was also very good. Neither of my wife's dishes met the mark -- a pedestrian salad and a veal dish that was mediocre at best. A passable bottle of wine at a high price. Menu prices have increased more than a little -- entrees were in the low 30's; app ranged from ~$10 to the mid-teens. This is comfortable place to have dinner, particularly after the pre-theater crowd has left. I hope that they hit the mark better on our next visit.
- Wonderful hidden gem!Live2EatDined on 10/31/2014We ate at Trattoria No. 10 before a theater event and were DELIGHTED at our find. The food was amazing and authentic. We ate from each portion of the menu, leisurely, and had the most wonderful time. The service was impeccable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- top notch diningluvtoeathereDined on 10/30/2014This restaurant never fails to please. One of our party is a vegan and was accommodated wonderfully and cheerfully. Acorn Squash Ravioli very flavorful and the portion size is just right. Vegan pasta and marinara was a hi8t with our guest - she vowed to return. Service, ambiance, menu choices - just cannot be beat.Special Features:
- Every time in ChicagoMarkKVIPDined on 10/30/2014Had a business dinner during my latest Chicago trip. I've been before, and didn't have time to search around, so I returned to #10. The food and service are consistently good, so I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loop Go-toReturneeDined on 10/30/2014Great after work loop location! Trattoria 10 knows their audience. When server was advised we were not part of the theater going crowd, we enjoyed a leisurely meal that was really wonderful. Food was excellent! Love the local food sourcing and explanation of that. Service was exceptional - attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian foodChrisDined on 10/28/2014Outstanding Italian food in the heart of downtown ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to be backKakiVIPDined on 10/28/2014Why did I wait so long? Had not been to Trattoria No 10 in a few years and being there the other night made me realize why it was a favorite for so many years. Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, and great service. We both had the arugula salad and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. I will go back and order the exact same thing!! This is a wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Style Business LunchElmhurstGuyDined on 10/28/2014This is a great restaurant for a "business lunch". Our office is business casual, but the large majority of people here were wearing suits and the meal was about 2 hours as the server timed our courses to our pace of conversation. The food was excellent and were quite interesting interpretations of Italian standards. Great first courses, my polenta was hearty, the baked baby pumpkins were delicious and discussion worthy. Ravioli is the specialty. Mine in the roasted corn sauce with baby shrimp was great and everyone liked their dish very much, especially the butternut squash ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StratfordDined on 10/27/2014Met an old friend there. It was the perfect setting for a "catch up" lunch. The food was great as usual. The service was very attentive, but not overly so. The atmosphere in the restaurant has always been outstanding for lunches and dinners with friends or for business. I recommend it all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeLoveChicagoFoodDined on 10/25/2014We had a nice time here. Its clean and the food was good but not great. They put a lot of effort into their ravioli but it would be nice to have more variety in the menu. Also they are located in a basement so their are no windows to let natural light into the dining area.Special Features:
- In theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Staff got us out in plenty of time to make it to the theater. Service attentive and friendly....homemade ravioli fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousItalianwannabeDined on 10/25/2014You just can't beat homemade pasta and sausage. Worth the money, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid evening in ChicagomytopfoodiesDined on 10/24/2014This is a lovely restaurant with very nice ambiance. The veal was marvelous and wine selection is amazing. Even when the restaurant is full it doesn't seem crowded and the noise level is below normal allowing for conversations. All personnel are great and attentive. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningfunDined on 10/24/2014I have been dining at this restaurant for years. The food is always good. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant.Special Features:
- HelenVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time visit. EXCELLENT service, food and ambience. Will go again :)Special Features:
- Great Lunch LocationrddsdvDined on 10/22/2014As usual, the food and service were wonderful--the noise level was a bit higher than usual, though.Special Features:
- DisappointeddocVQVIPDined on 10/20/2014I had heard so much about this place, but the recommended ravioli with asparagus were very mediocre and the sundries tomatoes too strong and over-powering for the other contents. The cheese plate was boring and uneventful with few complimentary relishes. The setting itself is romantic and warm.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian RestaurantEmerilDined on 10/20/2014A wonderful restaurant known for their in house pasta dishes. The entire experience was everything you would expect in a dining experience. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodHappyFaceDined on 10/18/2014The butternut squash pasta was exceptional as was my husband's veal scaloppini.Special Features:
- Pre-theater, but with a twist...bobbDined on 10/18/2014For a number of reasons, this is a favorite of ours. Over the years we met a couple from Bloomington, IL who shared many of our theater subscription dates and would say hello to each other and chat at intermission. Because this was my birthday, we had received a birthday note and a complimentary meal from the restaurant, but we were surprised to get a note from the couple that they were leaving Bloomington for Phoenix and would like to have dinner with us this final time at a place of our choice. We changed the reservation from two to four and met them for this special dinner. They had not been to Trattoria 10 and were charmed, as we expected. The food, wine and service was impeccable and everything was perfect. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in Theatre districtHootVIPDined on 10/18/2014A group of 4 had dinner at Trattoria on a Saturday night prior to seeing a concert nearby on State St. We were all pleasant surprised on the quality of food and overall knowledge of the staff on explaining the menu. They were very attentive and made sure we were able to move thru dinner quickly so we could make our 8:00 pm show. We all had different dishes, veal scallopini was excellent, very tender and tasty. The scallops were recommended by the server and were some of the best. The duck my friend had was excellent, he said (I'm not a fan of duck) and the shrimp and linguini were also excellent. Overall, you can't beat this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top PickDabidBDined on 10/17/2014A wonderful experience in all categories. Great service, very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanuckDined on 10/17/2014Loved it!! Next time I'm in Chicago, I'll be there!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!Bladeco1Dined on 10/17/2014The decor was a nice recollection of Turin with a shade of Tuscany in the peripheral. The ravioli is to die for. The birra is most tenacious as well as delicious. The staff is awesome, it was our anniversary and they treated us to a piece of Tiramisu. We started dinner with salads and the baby spinach drizzled in strawberry something takes 1st place. The chocalate truffle accompanied the tiramisu and was exquisite as well. The atmosphere is extremely romantic for an evening encounter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!happy2eatDined on 10/17/2014Had a reservation for 10 people coming in from different directions after work on a Friday. We were allowed to be seated at our table before everyone arrived. It was so convenient to meet there but with traffic & lots of timing factors we could not have coordinated getting there all at the same time. I really appreciate that they worked with us & made it absolutely a stress free evening. The wine selection is quite fine and the food was absolutely delicious as well!! Staff was super!! The evening couldn't have gone smoother for our large group.Special Features: