Trattoria No. 10
10 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trattoria No. 10
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriaten.com/
- Phone: 3129841718x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trattoria No. 10
Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria No. 10 - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Trattoria No. 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
387 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (229)special occasion (186)romantic (164)great for lunch (111)neighborhood gem (107)notable wine list (101)good for groups (92)late-night find (17)hot spot (15)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Glad to be backKakiVIPDined on 10/28/2014Why did I wait so long? Had not been to Trattoria No 10 in a few years and being there the other night made me realize why it was a favorite for so many years. Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, and great service. We both had the arugula salad and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. I will go back and order the exact same thing!! This is a wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Style Business LunchElmhurstGuyDined on 10/28/2014This is a great restaurant for a "business lunch". Our office is business casual, but the large majority of people here were wearing suits and the meal was about 2 hours as the server timed our courses to our pace of conversation. The food was excellent and were quite interesting interpretations of Italian standards. Great first courses, my polenta was hearty, the baked baby pumpkins were delicious and discussion worthy. Ravioli is the specialty. Mine in the roasted corn sauce with baby shrimp was great and everyone liked their dish very much, especially the butternut squash ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StratfordDined on 10/27/2014Met an old friend there. It was the perfect setting for a "catch up" lunch. The food was great as usual. The service was very attentive, but not overly so. The atmosphere in the restaurant has always been outstanding for lunches and dinners with friends or for business. I recommend it all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeLoveChicagoFoodDined on 10/25/2014We had a nice time here. Its clean and the food was good but not great. They put a lot of effort into their ravioli but it would be nice to have more variety in the menu. Also they are located in a basement so their are no windows to let natural light into the dining area.Special Features:
- In theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Staff got us out in plenty of time to make it to the theater. Service attentive and friendly....homemade ravioli fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousItalianwannabeDined on 10/25/2014You just can't beat homemade pasta and sausage. Worth the money, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid evening in ChicagomytopfoodiesDined on 10/24/2014This is a lovely restaurant with very nice ambiance. The veal was marvelous and wine selection is amazing. Even when the restaurant is full it doesn't seem crowded and the noise level is below normal allowing for conversations. All personnel are great and attentive. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningfunDined on 10/24/2014I have been dining at this restaurant for years. The food is always good. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant.Special Features:
- HelenVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time visit. EXCELLENT service, food and ambience. Will go again :)Special Features:
- Great Lunch LocationrddsdvDined on 10/22/2014As usual, the food and service were wonderful--the noise level was a bit higher than usual, though.Special Features:
- DisappointeddocVQVIPDined on 10/20/2014I had heard so much about this place, but the recommended ravioli with asparagus were very mediocre and the sundries tomatoes too strong and over-powering for the other contents. The cheese plate was boring and uneventful with few complimentary relishes. The setting itself is romantic and warm.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian RestaurantEmerilDined on 10/20/2014A wonderful restaurant known for their in house pasta dishes. The entire experience was everything you would expect in a dining experience. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodHappyFaceDined on 10/18/2014The butternut squash pasta was exceptional as was my husband's veal scaloppini.Special Features:
- Pre-theater, but with a twist...bobbDined on 10/18/2014For a number of reasons, this is a favorite of ours. Over the years we met a couple from Bloomington, IL who shared many of our theater subscription dates and would say hello to each other and chat at intermission. Because this was my birthday, we had received a birthday note and a complimentary meal from the restaurant, but we were surprised to get a note from the couple that they were leaving Bloomington for Phoenix and would like to have dinner with us this final time at a place of our choice. We changed the reservation from two to four and met them for this special dinner. They had not been to Trattoria 10 and were charmed, as we expected. The food, wine and service was impeccable and everything was perfect. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in Theatre districtHootVIPDined on 10/18/2014A group of 4 had dinner at Trattoria on a Saturday night prior to seeing a concert nearby on State St. We were all pleasant surprised on the quality of food and overall knowledge of the staff on explaining the menu. They were very attentive and made sure we were able to move thru dinner quickly so we could make our 8:00 pm show. We all had different dishes, veal scallopini was excellent, very tender and tasty. The scallops were recommended by the server and were some of the best. The duck my friend had was excellent, he said (I'm not a fan of duck) and the shrimp and linguini were also excellent. Overall, you can't beat this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top PickDabidBDined on 10/17/2014A wonderful experience in all categories. Great service, very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanuckDined on 10/17/2014Loved it!! Next time I'm in Chicago, I'll be there!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!Bladeco1Dined on 10/17/2014The decor was a nice recollection of Turin with a shade of Tuscany in the peripheral. The ravioli is to die for. The birra is most tenacious as well as delicious. The staff is awesome, it was our anniversary and they treated us to a piece of Tiramisu. We started dinner with salads and the baby spinach drizzled in strawberry something takes 1st place. The chocalate truffle accompanied the tiramisu and was exquisite as well. The atmosphere is extremely romantic for an evening encounter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!happy2eatDined on 10/17/2014Had a reservation for 10 people coming in from different directions after work on a Friday. We were allowed to be seated at our table before everyone arrived. It was so convenient to meet there but with traffic & lots of timing factors we could not have coordinated getting there all at the same time. I really appreciate that they worked with us & made it absolutely a stress free evening. The wine selection is quite fine and the food was absolutely delicious as well!! Staff was super!! The evening couldn't have gone smoother for our large group.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Experience!JohnBakerDined on 10/17/2014From the atmosphere, to the beauty of the restaurant, to the knowledge of the waitress, to the outstanding tasting food selections, our wonderful experience at Trattoria No 10 is something we will never forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian gem in the LooplittletunaVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a favorite of mine for warm ambiance, fabulous food and efficient service. This is the perfect spot for lunch, pre-theater, dinner or special occasion. I have never had a bad meal -- in fact, I have always had superb dining experiences in this classy (not snooty) Trattoria in the city. Do not discount longevity for becoming stale. This restaurant is totally with-it and is operating on all cylinders.Special Features:
- Check, please!BriggieJDined on 10/16/2014Loved the food and ambience, but disappointed in only one aspect of the otherwise good service. The waiter specifically asked at the beginning of the meal if we had tickets to the theater, but then we were left searching for him to bring the check and ended up having to run to get to the theater on time. That being said, I'd give it another try...Special Features:
- Fabulous pre theaterPhyllisita55Dined on 10/16/2014Food service all was excellent. Unique pairings and great farm fresh combinations and yes the ravioli is fabulous! Our server was great with suggestions and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceChowdahDined on 10/15/2014Really great dining experience. Our server was fantastic. Highly recommend this spot for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnerwedineoutDined on 10/14/2014We have eaten here several times before. Experience was good but tonight was exceptional. Great food and Great service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday LunchOmarieDined on 10/14/2014Had a wonderful lunch that included the delicious crab salad and pepper crusted New York strip steak with crispy onions and blue cheese risotto which was very flavorful. The meal ended with a surprise birthday dessert that added a special celebratory touch. Although the service was a bit slow, overall it was an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- My favoite placeCuckVIPDined on 10/14/2014excellent food and outstanding service. The ravioli is the best in the city. The atmosphere is great for a serious business lunch or dinner and restaurant has even more private areas for a large group. It is also a perfect setting for a special occasion, anniversary or the theater. Cuck.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & serviceBlondieVIPDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant never fails to wow; they are consistently outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- dannyk01Dined on 10/13/2014Great food and service. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Poorly handled homeless situationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014A homeless man appeared in front of our table for an uncomfortably long time and he and and the manager disputed his place there. The manager did not offer him help, only threatened to call Police repeatedly in front of us. It wasnt until we helped this poor soul w a little cash that he left. Not your best foot forward , Trattoria #10.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shri420Dined on 10/13/2014If convenient, a 5:00 dinner timing will give you an hour or so of relatively quiet dining. Once the room fills up the noise level can be instrusive. The menu offers good options. For variety, opt for the smaller pasta portions and try more than one.Special Features:
- Jkp14Dined on 10/11/2014Our waiter was outstanding. The experience was perfect for my first time to Chicago and my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMarleenDined on 10/11/2014Great service on a busy night. We were welcomed by a friendly waiter who explained the menu and advised on accompanying wines. We had great antipasti and superb pasta dishes. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Unique menu-Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014David was great , attentive, and even charming. Menu-everything in each category you wanted to order from . Pumpkin was hilariously great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeAlibearDined on 10/11/2014I picked this from reviews I read on line and was not disappointed. Our server was friendly and efficient. Our food was excellent. The squash ravioli were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location before the theatreRDandMADined on 10/11/2014The wait staff was very considerate asking right when we sat down if we were attending the theatre. The waiter kept everything on time! The recommendations were excellent and each dish we ordered was really good. I had been to this restaurant years ago and am glad I came back! I would love to go back on my next trip to Chicago.Special Features:
- Great choiceNewYorkerOnrBusinessDined on 10/9/2014We selected this from the Zagat's listing and the rating was accurate. Very high quality food, excellent range of menu items for a group, excellent wines, great service and unbeatable location if you are in a Central Loop hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape to ItalyFIneDinahDined on 10/9/2014If you delight in cozy hideaways right in the city, enjoy an outstanding dining experience at Tratorria #10. Elegant but warm and friendly atmosphere and exceptional food. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch before theatre!gr8tfoodDined on 10/9/2014Had fabulous lunch before theatre! Beet salad and squash ravioli were better than expected! Would order the same thing tomorrow! Only complaint would be the Aperol Spritz. Glass was only filled half way, with little ice and not a lot of bubbles. Don't know what was missing, possibly Prosecco had been open for awhile? Just returned from Italy where the Spritz was bolder in it's presence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastalunchwithcustomersDined on 10/8/2014This is the second time that I have eaten @ Trattoria No. 10. I had the spicy sausage ravioli and was very pleased. I asked for more sauce to put on the pasta, and was very pleased that I did.Special Features: