Trattoria No. 10
10 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trattoria No. 10
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriaten.com/
- Phone: 3129841718x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Caputo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trattoria No. 10
Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria No. 10 - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Trattoria No. 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (213)special occasion (210)romantic (195)great for lunch (103)neighborhood gem (102)notable wine list (98)good for groups (87)late-night find (16)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantDinerDined on 8/30/2014Lovely venue with very good food, service, wines, ambiance - all that anyone could want. And prices are not typical downtown Chicago prices. While not cheap, the pricing is very suitable to the menu.Special Features:
- Special place in theatre districtgoodfenceVIPDined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy are meal at Trattoria #10. First timers should try the Butternut Squash ravioli. It has been the top dish here for 25 years.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I ordered the sausage pasta to share and Steak, it was excellent.Special Features:
- Great homemade pastaDiner321VIPDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic and attentive service. Wonderful pasta and Italian wine selections. Profiteroles for dessert were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Pasta and Great Service. GO!LongTimeFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Dave was our server and he was stellar. The fresh pasta that is made there, and was truly flavorful and tender. You can order 1/2 or full orders of pasta, or as we did, full orders but 2 different pastas. They brought us each two smaller plates of each ravioli which were outstanding, as were the shellfish pasta, the salads, and the cheese course that we had for dessert. Two of us had beet "ravioli" salads that were a rift on ravioli...thinly sliced beets with a ricotta/goat cheese mixture, topped with perfectly seasoned arugula. A gorgeous presentation and so tasty. The wine choices were also quite good with many in the $60/bottle range. We had two bottles. It is in the Loop, underground. We cannot give our server enough accolades. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade Ravioli is a must!RSchueDined on 8/23/2014This has always been our favorite spot for pre-theatre dining, but it also is a very splendid choice for dinner any time. We enjoyed a birthday dinner with our niece featuring the ravioli half-orders as appetizers then moving on to salads and splitting a couple of entrees among our small group. Great service and good recommendations from our waiter. The only odd part of our experience was the ladder being used to adjust the track lighting over the changing table settings. At first, I thought it had to be a roof leak given the earlier thunderstorm. How odd to have staff on ladders in the middle of the service staff and fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the RavioliJustGiveMeGoodFoodDined on 8/22/2014The menu is very definitely traditional Italian, with several different ravioli choices, and a number of other pasta dishes and mains. I had intended to have the caprese but our very enthusiatic and well-informed waiter, Jan, suggested that we try a few of the house specialities instead. In the end we had the organic beet ravioli (thin-sliced beets, sandwiched together to look like ravioli) and an actual ravioli (with artichoke and ricotta) for starters. The half orders of all of the pasta dishes make for a perfect appetizer size. For mains, I had another half order - the orecchiette this time - and the spouse had the veal scallopini. The pasta was cooked perfectly & the half orders ideal. Excellent craft beer menu. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- good Italian diningcath2oDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our evening here, it was not very busy possibly because it's in a basement and no outdoor space. In the winter I imagine it would be very cosy. Food was good, but not exciting (mainstream italian) and service very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chicago FoodUpstreamDined on 8/21/2014Trattoria #10 was a very beautiful place. A bit hard to find but the food is well worth it. The service was good as was the wine selection.Special Features:
- Delicious!abradfoodieDined on 8/21/2014I have never been let down at Trattoria No. 10. This past visit was one of the first times I didn't get pasta so I was worried I wouldn't enjoy my meal, but I did! The salad I ordered came out quickly and was perfectly prepared. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Favoritewe4foodDined on 8/20/2014Go here when you want to let a person know they are special and deserve a high quality dining experience in the heart of the Loop.Special Features:
- Always GreatrddsdvDined on 8/20/2014Had a great lunch on Tuesday--the food was excellent, as always, and the service was very good. The noise level seemed a bit louder than usual, but not distracting.Special Features:
- Lunch BreakHowardr48VIPDined on 8/20/2014Took a friend out for his birthday. We both had the house made pasta and neither of us we disappointed. I had one of the ravioli dishes and it was wonderful. Given that we were there for lunch the service was tailored to getting you in and out in an hour. No complaints.Special Features:
- It was a Birthday Lunch CelebrationfoodconnoisseurDined on 8/20/2014We had a large group with an early reservation. We were seated promptly, the server was friendly, polite and attentive, and the entrees were wonderful with plentiful portions. The only dislike I had was the bread was toasted too hard. I would have preferred warm bread over what was served.Special Features:
- Interview LunchTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 8/19/2014Asked for a "quieter" table in the restaurant and was accomodated nicely.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitsluvagoodmealDined on 8/18/2014We were a bit disappointed in this visit. My butternut ravioli were not served hot and with very little sauce. Our other entree, the pasta with wild mushrooms was served hot and was delicious, although a little salty. I told the server about the ravioli and she apologized but I didn't get a hot entree until my husband was done with his lunch. We, of course, wanted to dine together and not separately. We always raved about this restaurant to friends, but we were not happy on this visit.Special Features:
- GOOD EXPERIENCEFLAGEORGIALINEDined on 8/15/2014WHILE IN CHICAGO ON BUSINESS I SELECTED TRATTORIA 10 FOR A SMALL DINNER PARTY OF 4. GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND QUALITY.Special Features:
- DeliciousckschollVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great dinner, wonderful service provided by Sarah. The new menu has some additions. And the gluten free pasta is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodMrsPaloDined on 8/15/2014Had dinner before heading over to Goodman Theater. Service was excellent and the food was even better! Very reasonably priced considering the quality of the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014What a hidden gem in the city. So enjoyed and will definitely will visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCarolDined on 8/14/2014This is a great restaurant. The food was exceptional, as was the service. Our server was Sarah and what a joy she was. Also, the ambience was great. We will dine there every time that we visit Chicago. We now have a new favorite.Special Features:
- Superb againevanstonjoDined on 8/14/2014We love Trattoria No 10 because the duck confit farfalle is to die for and so is the beet salad, which is really beets sliced very thin and put together ravioli fashion with a creamy, goat cheese interior. Their chocolate budino is more than enough for two and their coffee rocks. Go there!Special Features:
- Always an excellent placeSeafoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014Prices are kind of high, but the food is always really great, and interestsing choices.Special Features:
- Food & Service Consistently GreatBlondieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Trattoria No. 10 never disappoints; their food and service are consistently outstanding, as are their menu selections. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent in all respects!BarbDined on 8/13/2014The food, service and ambiance all provided for an excellent after concert dinner for the four of us. We also really appreciated that the noise level was moderate so that we could easily carry on conversation. Thanks for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Trattoria #10 is actually #1!SalivatingDined on 8/13/2014We first attended Trattoria #10 with a choral directors society and immediately knew this was the place for our special occasions. We live in the far-south suburbs and have often dined at Trattoria #10 just for the optimum experience. In other words, there was no other particular reason to go downtown other than to dine at Trattoria #10. The food and the service have always been exemplary, and we are already planning our next excursion to this magnificent restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistant as everFoodLoversDined on 8/11/2014Trattoria #10 is a must if you have not been. We have not been in a while as we now live in Florida. We ordered way too much food, but had to have the main staples that are on their menu. Appetizers: Butternut Squash Ravioli, Sausage Ravioli with Arrabiata and fresh Basil, Mushroom Crostini and appetizer portion of Farfalle pasta with duck confit, caramelized onions, asparagus and pine nuts. (Thanks Mr. Rosenthal for keeping that dish on the menu). My wife's Rack of Lamb was perfection paired with seasonal vegetables which were cooked nice and al Dante. The Veal Scaloppini with lemon and Caper Berries was as tender as could be. Tiramisu for Dessert. Yum. Kudos to Lorenzo, Tammy, Sal, Jan, Chef Caputo and the Management team.Special Features:
- Great Italian Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We loved this restaurant! Although the location is great for theatre going, it was a wonderful meal all around. Everything was prepared perfectly and our server, Michael, was great. We loved the veal scallopine and pastas and the desserts were excellent! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Perfect.DrJAFDined on 8/9/2014This is a comfortable welcoming restaurant with a friendly well trained wait staff and the food is consistently excellent. The ambiance allows for comfortable private conversations.Special Features:
- greatav8rixDined on 8/9/2014Great finish to an afternoon of friends and theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAlexVIPDined on 8/8/2014We came to Chicago for a business event and selected Trattoria No. 10 based on reviews. One of our guests who lives in Chicago then told us that it was one of her favorite restaurants. The food was excellent. The lamb was tender with a sauce that complemented rather than overpowered the lamb, and it was cooked exactly as I had requested. Service was professional and solicitous without being overbearing. Noise level was reasonable and seating was comfortable. Prices are on the high side but you do get quality for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredDined on 8/8/2014Came here to celebrate husband's birthday after we finish seeing a matinee play. The meal and service was fampntstic! Used the valet parking which was reasonable. Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid and deliciousNikonLeeDined on 8/8/2014This place is just great, Excellent food; the Ravioli is ridiculous - especially the squash, Best ravioli in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Trattoria No. 10 has remained true to its roots through the years. Quality service and cuisine, lots of menu choices, pretty room. This restaurant never disappoints.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/8/2014The beet ravioli were excellent, mushroom pasta very good and the tiramisu outstanding.
- Wonderful Birthday Celebration!DebHVIPDined on 8/7/2014Special friends in town for a birthday dinner so I decided to get out of the Streeterville area and try something different. Trattoria No 10 did not disappoint! The ambience was incredible and our meal was fantastic. I enjoyed a seafood main course while my friends both had pasta--we were all extremely pleased with our choices and the service was first class. Would also strongly recommend the kale caesar salad. We were treated to a beautiful birthday cheesecake by our server (let them know in advance that it is a special occasion!). While we weren't going to the theater that night, I would suggest this as a pre- or post- theater option.Special Features:
- excellent choiceMaddyDined on 8/7/2014Excellent service, excellent food. Located near the theater district and pays attention to getting you to the theater on time. Will return.Special Features:
- diningoutDined on 8/6/2014We always enjoy dining at Trattoria 10. Food is wonderful and service is always excellent.Special Features:
- As always, great Italian foodThirdman47Dined on 8/6/2014Been eating at Trattoria 10 from time to time for a number of years, and it's one of my favorite spots for business lunches. Their homemade spicy ravioli is terrific (assuming you lean towards the spicy side). Service is always classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing special hereNadineYVIPDined on 8/6/2014went for a business lunch and wasn't overly impressed. given that it was a business lunch, we expected service to be a bit quicker. however, after taking our drink order, it took a long time for the waiter to come back with drinks. we then waited a long time to place our food order. had the sirloin salad; it was fine. colleague enjoyed the ravioli. restaurant is quiet and good for conducting conversation.Special Features: