336 South Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattorianeapolis.com/
- Phone: 6267923000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday 1130am to 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11am to 10:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Clinton Mccann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are not doing catering at this time, but may do so in the future.
- Special Events: We hold Wine Dinners, Wine Tastings, Beer Dinners, Beer Tastings. We do a special a la Carte Brunch every weekend.
- Cross Street: Del Mar
- Public Transit: South Lake Avenue Gold Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have abundant parking in a large lot directly behind the restaurant and on the street in front of the restaurant. The lot behind the restaurant offers free for 2 hours during the day and free parking for an unlimited amount of time after 5pm (until 2am).
A word from Trattoria Neapolis
We are a Modern American Italian restaurant on Zagat's list of the Top 12 New Restaurants in Los Angeles We have a beautiful design, a wood burning oven and grill, and serious cocktail, wine, beer and coffee programs. Our Cocktail Director was nominated for Best Bartender in America, our Wine Director is Vice President of the North American Sommelier Association, and our Beer Director was called the "Best Beer Sommelier in Los Angeles" by Los Angeles Magazine. We serve lunch and dinner seven days a week, brunch every weekend. We also hold wine dinners, beer dinners and have three beautiful areas for private events. We have free (with some restrictions) abundant parking directly behind the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Neapolis - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Trattoria Neapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (43)romantic (42)good for groups (39)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Wine Events and Menu are ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014We attended a wine dinner with Frog's Leap here, and had a blast. A perfect pairing of food to wine and hospitable staff.Special Features:
- Creative atmosphereSaturdaynightspecialDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to Trattoria Neapolis. It had been the site of a real estate office previously, and the interior space was quit unusual and worked well. The service was very professional, and at one point the owner came over to greet us and chat us up. That was fine, but my husband did not appreciate the "hard sell" to come back for brunch some time. I didn't think that was too pushy, but usually when the owner comes by, it is usually less of an advertisement. Our dinner specials (halibut) were disappointing, and overpriced. The foccacia bread was outstanding, and the panne cotta divine. Our dinner partner's pasta dishes were fine. We may return, but have other Italian restaurants we prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 8/31/2014We came here for lunch and the food was great. Service was exceptional, we would come back!Special Features:
- surprisingly blandjfysh21Dined on 8/30/2014We went here for the 1st time so I hate to judge on that but we were not impressed. On Saturday nite it was not crowded.. maybe.. our 1st clue. Booths were great..old world tile, antique mirrored walls. Great decor. I ordered the halibut special w.cream of broccoli soup starter. Soup was so bland, needed salt which was very hard to attain from the waiter. Had to ask busboy. Waiter was bland, no personality. We love when the wait staff can have fun w.us. On an off nite u you'd think that would be possible. My dining companion was vegan, something the waiter didn't understand. Instead of saying "I will ask the chef what he recommends" he said well I guess u are limited to the veggies and ????Special Features:
- Below ExpectationsBroadwayFanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Had to wait a long time for a reserved table, had to ask for refills of water, and the bread came after the main courses. Really left with an impression that this older restaurant was still unnecessarily disorganized and frantic for no good reason. Limited menu options for vegetarians, and my selection was a very small serving. So disappointing!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian in PasadenaYumYumGirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Trattoria Neapolis has a warm atmosphere and inviting atmosphere which is great for dates, celebrations, casual lunch with friends and good for groups. The wood-fired pizzas and homemade pastas are excellent and everything on the menu is delicious! The service is friendly, professional and attentive and ask for Monty, she's awesome! Trattoria Neapolis is one of my favorite restaurants and I always look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRitaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Rigatoni with short ragu was wonderful, but could have been a bit hotter. Also a great Caesar salad could have bee a bit cooler. Waiter Santos was the best, engaging and extremely accommodating. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!VIP1000dinesVIPDined on 8/13/2014Wow! A beautifully designed restaurant! Two levels, Italian tile everywhere, wood burning pizza oven, and a lovely sun room in the front. Upstairs is perfect for a party or business meeting. Now for the food. Amazing wood burning pizza oven, pizza was a good as Mozza (Mario Batali's restaurant). Salads and pastas perfect. We can't wait to come back for another business luncheon. Don't forget the homemade gelato!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeLuvtodineoutDined on 8/11/2014The waiter Nicholas is really great, attentive and helpful with the menu. We like the variety, pasta, seafood , steaks and great salads. The wine and cocktails are good. They had lemon verbena gelato which was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as goos as I remeberedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014very slow service and the food was not as good as I remebered. In their defense, the chocolate desert was truly off the charts.Special Features:
- Excellent modern italianscotchyDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Neopolis probably a dozen or more times now. Always great service, excellent food, and nice list of cocktails and wine. Recommended.Special Features:
- Italian OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My wife had a craving for some Italian food and we both wanted to try some place different. She had seen Neapolis in passing and thought it would be good give it a try. We were not disappointed. This is like stepping into an "oasis" off of Lake Street's noise and clatter. Very good menu and very nice service. We will come back.Special Features:
- not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Atrocious service, good food. We were there to celebrate, and, instead, were soaked with water and shattered with glass when the waiter broke a glass on our tabletop.Special Features:
- Such a huge disappointment!disappointeddinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014We've been here several times. The two prior visits, the service was OK. This past Tuesday was off the richter bad. It took a server 15 minutes and two requests of bussers to take our drink order. He was VERY clear he was not our server but would take our drink order. Ten minutes before the drinks came and he begrudgingly agreed to take our appetizer order, even though, he said it again, he was NOT our server. The food came out slowly and he checked back once, gee thanks. If you don't want to serve me food, don't take my money. Especially disappointing since the owner was there. If this is how we're treated on a Tues night with the owner there, it speaks volumes on the direction of the restaurant. We won't be returning.
- Wonderful experienceSoozinCADined on 7/27/2014We had brunch here last Sunday for m-i-l's birthday. We chose it based on Open Table reviews, as we like discovering new gems in the Pasadena area. Two of us had the lobster hash - delicious with a generous amount of lobster while my husband had the Italian French toast - a bit too sweet for me. We also tried the Market Soda of the day, watermelon lemonade, which was very good. For dessert we shared the chocolate semifreddo and we all loved it. The combination of smooth chocolate and crunchy hazelnut was perfect and the tang of the frozen yogurt offset the sweetness and made it a memorable treat. The decor is beautiful with dark wood and the service attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014You must start with one of their fabulous cocktails and then follow it with a divine caprese salad and their halibut! To end one of the most delightful tiramisu's I have ever had, it was light and full of fabulous flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchEgglady67Dined on 7/20/2014Yummy egg dishes for Sunday brunch and very reasonable prices. Good foccacia. Nice bday treat with "Happy Birthday" spelled out in chocolate coulis. We have been for dinner but it gets noisy at night. The upstairs rooms are very nice, and the most comfortable restaurant chairs upstairs and in main dining area are the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodfoodDined on 7/19/2014We went for DineLA for the first time. We loved the potato bread, and the Meyer lemon sauce for the arancini. The rest of the meal was good and found the French waiter excellent and interesting.Special Features:
- Great locale for all occasionsTanninsDined on 7/18/2014Thank you DineLA for introducing us to this restaurant! We kept forgetting that this restaurant was an option since the latter half of Lake Ave. is not known for fine dining. We will be back! Great happy hour deal - if you can get a seat. If you can't find a seat, there is little room to hover without being in people's way or awkward. Wonderful events like monthly wine and dinner pairings as well as daily dinner promos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014The restaurant was very nice and comfy and romantic. Perfect place for a date night with someone that LOVES authentic Italian food. They don't have your typical fettuccine alfredo or anything you can find at your local olive garden. They have specialty foods. I gave it three stars because it was a little pricey. For the dine LA deal and two drinks the total was a little over $100. The atmosphere was great, the service was great and they really take care of you. The only thing is the price if that's something that concerns you.Special Features:
- Always FantasticpinkfidgetDined on 7/16/2014This is not the first time I've eaten here, and it continues to be consistently fantastic. The service is always some of the best you'll ever receive, with friendly and knowledgeable wait staff who know when and when not to hover. The food is impeccable. All of this provides an amazing experience for any diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodRevZDined on 7/13/2014I've reviewed this place numerous times, including just a couple of weeks ago: all I want to add is that I wish they would not do a "kids eat free" thing Sunday nights. I'm sure it's necessary financially, but it may backfire if adults like us stop going. Secondly, it was freezing cold the night I was there, which is not usually the case. But pastas and salads were excellent, as always, and the wild salmon special was tasty as well, although too big of a portion.Special Features:
- Slipping a bit..?RevZDined on 6/29/2014This is our favorite restaurant so I hope the minor issues won't be indicative of a trend. The main thing was that we've enjoyed the grilled BABY octopus since it went on the menu about a year ago. So when we were there the other night with friends, I naturally ordered it--but unfortunately, it was no longer baby octopus but adult octopus--and completely tough and inedible. We did send it back and the server took it off our bill, kindly, and suggested the delicious caprese as a replacement--but I really hope they bring back the baby octopus and ditch the adult version! I also felt the pork chop was not as excellent as it has been (one of our faves, we've ordered it many times). It seemed over-sauced this time, obscuring the grill flavor.Special Features:
- bdaydelightbdaydelightDined on 6/28/2014I went with friends and we had a wonderful dinner and evening.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014This is our new favorite restaurant for date night. The service is excellent, especially the tall waiter with the accent, and the hostess with the long brown hair is always so sweet and lovely. We've been there so many times now, that we have a "usual table." I love the service and now they remember that we love the cheese plate and remember my favorite sparkling cocktail. There aren't very many vegetarian options, but they're happy to accommodate dietary needs and make excellent recommendations. There's also a good wine list. They actually have 2 lists: one by the glass and one by the bottle. My fiancé and I both love this place! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kizzleDined on 6/16/2014It took forever for our entrees to come out. Everything else was fine.Special Features:
- bdaydelightbdaydelightDined on 6/15/2014The staff is very friendly and efficient. Our waitress was a delight and unobtrusive yet always seemed to show up just as we needed her. The food is delicious and the best coffee I have had in a while.Special Features:
- Really DisappointedfoodieDined on 6/14/2014Food good but service lacking terribly in an empty restaurant. Felt like an intrusion rather than a valued client.
- Great Service, not for vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014This is my second time dining here. The service is excellent. There's a great wine and cocktail selection; however some wines are only available by the bottle. It can be a bit noisy at the bar if you go earlier in the evening. The service was great in the later evening. I love the beet salad and the Pomodoro (but I'm a vegetarian and that's pretty much all I can eat there). I do like the seasonal menu. And love their desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their seasonal menu & dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014My fiancé first went to Trattoria for a special occasion. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and I couldn't get enough of the dessert! They even wrote "Congratulations" on our dessert plate. The cheese plate is a must have, the beet salad there is one of my favorites anywhere, and the Pomodoro was delicious. I took it home and my fiancé finished it later that same night. This is our go-to restaurant for date nights. Great service, great food, love the sparkling cocktail and wine selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Service was great the food was fair, the pasta was alright nothing special, the short rib was dry, my friends veal was over cookedSpecial Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We were asked by a friend to choose a restaurant that we would like to go to in lieu of payment for a small job we performed at her home. We decided to try something new within walking distance to our home. Trattoria Neapolis turned out to be the perfect choice. We found the food, service, ambiance and resonable prices to be perfect! I will proudly recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantRestaurantreviewsDined on 5/23/2014Neapolis feels like you have arrived in Italy and are expecting a fabulous Italian meal! The food is great ambiance even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2014A very good place for dinner we enjoyed the food and drinks our server Santos was awesome made us very welcomedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 185 reviews are from the Trattoria Neapolis reviews archive.
- Feels like homeFoodDudeVIPDined on 5/22/2014...If home is the bar from "Cheers." All that's missing is Frazier & Cliff. A beautiful space, with a historic preservation feel to it. Elegant but informal and a truly enjoyable meal and evening. Service that both friendly and knowledgeable. An involved management and a solid kitchen makes this a must for repeated visits. A good selection of Italian varietals on a compact but serviceable wine list and a similarly compact but varied menu. One could nitpick--as in the Tuscan melon seemed like a semi-ripe cantaloupe--but the butter lettuce version of a Caesar salad with exceptional and the pasta and risotto entrees were perfectly prepared. Highly recommended for a leisurely and satisfying experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchaltadenadinerDined on 5/21/2014Great place for a special lunch. Excellent service and good size (meaning not excessive size) portions. Good, well-prepared food. Professional friendly staff. Really like the décor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Had lunch. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The facility was attractive. The food was delicious. The prices were reasonable. We enjoyed our meal very much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Rather expensive Italian restaurant - small portions - not worth it
- The TratSDietVIPDined on 5/15/20144th time dining at the Trat, consistently good. I always like when the owner stops by to chat to make sure everything was to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Meh . . .Trotter13Dined on 5/11/2014Went here at the end of brunch service on Mother's Day and the staff seemed rattled by the morning service. Everything took a while to get moving. But once we got our server he was great, the food was just okay. Since it was our first time, it will take another visit to really make a decision if I like this place or not.Special Features: