2472 Lamington Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriamediterranea.com/
- Phone: 9087817131
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Trattoria Mediterranea
We are a family style Italian Restaurant known for our tasty food. We proudly recreate the flavour of our traditional dishes, while we are creating new ones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Mediterranea - Best Restaurants in Bedminster ›
Trattoria Mediterranea reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (21)good for groups (16)romantic (13)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- anniversary dinnerGerriDined on 10/18/2014Love your restsursnt. 8 of us have our anniversaries around the same time n always celebrate here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!locayokelDined on 10/17/2014As always, their food was delicious!!! The carpaccio, cod special and pasta dishes are always beautifully prepared. The service is wonderful, great family business, we love coming here for dinner. They did our wine set up immediately and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My first dine in with my in laws here was great even we were shouting on each other since it was crowded, second time around on my husbands bday service started in slow motion even there's only 5 table occupied that night around 7pm, of course I have to asked twice for the menu , waited water for almost 10 mins , bread served without the signature pairing of Parmesan I'm kinda confused that night that I just don't wanna ruin my hubby's bday. overall the food is fantastic credit to the chef , got my request to be seated next in the window and had a lil sweet treat for my hubby's bday but in the end I preferred a Good Service which will makes everybody happy and the business goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every timeBearsDined on 10/4/2014Every time I eat here I am blown away. At most restaurants, I find one thing I like and get it every time. At this restaurant, they constantly have delicious specials which make me try new dishes every visit. Each time I go, the meal blows away the last time. Ive never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Very noisyDineoutoftenDined on 9/27/2014Food was wonderful but noise level was awful. We were 6 people but could not hear each other. Did not make it an enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first introduction73dineDined on 9/27/2014We went for the first time in Saturday evening and could not have been more pleased. The food was great and the service made the night extremely comfortable. We had guests from out of town and they wished there was a restaraunt like this closer to them. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceDoco888Dined on 9/20/2014Good Food and good service Nice portions Lasagna is delicious When the restaurant is crowded, it is loud in there ..... BYOB..... Excellent Bruschetta... a good value and fun atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Every TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. Food is excellent. Service is wonderful. Place does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationCelebrateDined on 9/20/2014While it was the restaurant's 20th anniversary, it was our 29th. Great dinner and service. I wish we were available to enjoy this gem more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?NjfoodieDined on 9/19/2014After passing by this family owned restaurant in our neighborhood for years and we finally enjoyed a wonderful dinner there! Should have gone sooner. Lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousmelshinVIPDined on 9/6/2014all four of us enjoyed our dishes. The meat lasagna special was perfect. We were so full that we could not enjoy any of the homemade desserts.Special Features:
- Fabulous food but so loud!JannaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We absolutely loved our meals at this trattoria that I was happy to find in my new neighborhood. We will need to avoid Saturday nights in the future, however, in hopes that the noise level will be such that we can speak at our table without yelling!Special Features:
- Many choices done well on a Sat.eveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014A favorite BYO out in the horse country of NJ with excellent food and service, all the more impressive at prime time on a Sat. night. Noise level is the only drawback. It's as if you were at a party overstuffed with loud guests. Go early if you can.Special Features:
- What a Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014We were looking for a new place to eat near my sister's house, so we decided on this one. It was a Friday night and we hate crowds, so we got there early. The food was amazing! They had a favorite fish, swordfish, prepared lightly bread crumbed and grilled. I had never had it prepared this way, it was such a treat! The salads, all of our dishes were wonderful! If you enjoy Italian food, freshly homemade pastas, served with a smile..this place is for you! We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in the area...jws928VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is definitely my family's favorite restaurant. It is by far the best Italian food we have had since living in New Jersey...and that's been a long time. What makes it all the more special is how well you are treated as a guest. I understand it is a family business that has been operating for over 20 years. The pride they take in their food and the service you receive as a guest is unmatched in my opinion. We always look forward to going back and bringing friends. If you crave Italian, you will be very happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday; group of 6SilkCityDined on 8/30/2014Small birthday party, in private area was just superb. Food and service were great, as usual, and care taken to ensure a pleasant experience and fun time. Anti pasto was especially yummy. This little gem never disappoints, with its fresh, delicious fare, warm and competent service and family feel. Looking forward to next trip!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantluv2dineDined on 8/29/2014I love Trattoria Medittereanea. Fabulous italian food, homemade pastas and large portions. Always great specials. The staff is extremely friendly and the service is impeccable. It's our first choice to take guests. We love it and it's a BYO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinnerReeReeDined on 8/28/2014I have been here many times and always have a great meal. The dining area is small and comfortable. The service was great. It is BYOB. The food is always fresh and carefully prepared. All pastas are home made. I will return and try more dishes.Special Features:
- always a lovely experience!jerseydinerDined on 8/19/2014I have been here many times with retired lady friends, in groups of 3 to 8. We have probably dined here 10 times as a group. This week, I finally took my husband and another couple, and TM did not disappoint. The food is always excellent. They are able to accommodate special requests (within reason), the presentation is a treat. The menu is not extensive, but everything is wonderful. we suggest: Braciole, lasagna, pork milanese, antipasto misto, fish. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- You always get the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014If you want to eat something authentic, something Mediterranean, something Italian, something served well without waiters pushing you out the door, here is you choice. a well kept secret for a long time, but now the cat is out of the bag. You do need a reservation or you probably will not be able to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and TerrificDeboraheventsDined on 8/8/2014Trattoria Mediterraea once again was amazing. We went this time with my children... Beyond accommodating. Their specials are so tempting it is difficult to decide on what to get... Cant go wrong here.Special Features:
- Never disappointing!Hairslisa4uDined on 8/1/2014The food is prepared w/ a true love and respect for what is to be served to guest! And you are treated like a welcomed valued VIP guest! I have never taken a friend there that hasn't returned on their own.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience will returnJackvzDined on 7/27/2014I have been wanting to try this restaurant for several years, its in a small shopping center, very close to some larger restaurants, parking isn't plentiful, but once inside the host and hostesses were very friendly and any entrée we considered ordering was explained in detail. They bring out complimentary bruschetta. My wife ordered homemade ravioli, they were a lot larger than normal size ravioli and so fresh, they must have been made that day. I had the thin veal wrapped with prosciutto, came with roasted potatoes, and veggies. Both of us enjoyed everything on the table. Even the desserts didn't disappoint. Its a BYOB, which we prefer. We will definitely return ASAP.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The food is excellent, along with the service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Best Italian aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Not only was the staff welcoming, but they were knowledgeable of the menu and the specials. The food was delicious. I had one of the fish specials and was so pleased with the dish. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingDisappointingVIPDined on 7/15/2014Have been going here for years. Never disappointed. Consistently excellent. Food better than in ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodwineanddineVIPDined on 7/15/2014It may not seem like much from the outside at a first glance, but the food is what really matters and it's certainly 4+ stars. From the starter to the entrée, the use of Jersey tomatoes with other fresh ingredients, and sauces perfectly balanced with spices, made a delicious summer meal. What I experienced is cooking by people who really love what they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotRitzVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been here several times and I think the fish and pasta's are the way to go here. I only gave the service a 3 star because I think our waitress went home and they totally forgot we were the last of two tables in the restaurant and disappeared. Otherwise, dinner was great. I love the mussels and clams in white sauce, and I always love their homemade lasagna, even the bread is good. Mu husband had the gnocci with eggplant, which we really couldn't find the eggplant, but he enjoyed it. He had the special which was eggplant cake for an appetizer and it was absolutely delicious. We will be back. Love the BYOB and that you can make reservations on Open Table.Special Features:
- Perfectly prepared Italian cuisineFivestarconnoisseurDined on 6/27/2014Purely elegant Simply delicious Vibrantly outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have Never Been DisappointedjojoDined on 6/27/2014Took friends who had never been there and they loved it also!! Salads were superb. For our entrees, I had the monkfish and my husband had the branzino and they were both fantastic. We will return and return and return.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the Trattoria Mediterranea reviews archive.
- Unbelievable great findLuv2eatDined on 6/21/2014This place is a find, a true diamond tucked away in Bedminster. We have gone here several times. On Saturday nights my husband and I go with friends. We also have gone with our kids for an early dinner on Sunday and the chef made whatever our girls wanted. The food is all homemade authentic Italian, homemade sausage and pasta, our favorite! Everything is fresh and savory. The restaurant is owned by two brothers who truly care about their customers and work to exceed expectations, affordable and BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousDunwalkeDined on 6/6/2014The food is always delicious and brought to your table piping hot. Creative menu, well prepared and excellent quality. I highly recommend Trattoria Mediterranea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding every time!NantucketSamVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have become reglaulars and experience is always outstanding. Food is better than most 'fancy' places. Staff genuine and friendly. The casarecce pasta is my favorite and all fish dishes are prepared perfectly. Salads are fresh and not overly complex. This is the best restaurant in the area and a hidden gem!!Special Features:
- Everything was very gooddiamarimpDined on 5/25/2014Everything was very good,service was great,it was quiet,will go back soon againSpecial Features:
- Unexpectedly nice little placesmoserenityDined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation for Mother's Day since we would be visiting in the area. There was something for everybody on the menu. Chicken Sabitina and salad options were well done. Hazelnut Gelato & lemoncello were the perfect finish. The attentive server's really made the experience a positive one. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- nice findlee123Dined on 5/10/2014Great place for a good meal. Pasta is homemade, appetizers are fantastic and employees/waiters are top notch. If you live in area, give it a try...it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food- good valueNJMikeSDined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit and we will return. The appetizers (salads) and main courses, pasta dishes, were excellent and highly seasoned. The service was also attentive and dinner was leisurely. Thee wait staff accurately described the food taste (intense flavors/highly seasoned); same with a dessert. We ate in the small area near the kitchen, and once the large family party with lots of kids left, the noise level dissipated allot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindtahooeyDined on 4/26/2014We ordered many times from their pizzeria next door and decided to try the restaurant. We were a party of six and everyone loved the food and the service was outstanding! I am sorry that we didn't try it sooner. Will definitely go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're in LoveLuv2dineDined on 4/26/2014This was our second visit to Tratorria Mediterranea and the meals continue to blow us away!!! Fresh made Pasta, seafood fantastic..... You can not go wrong with anything that is ordered The Staff make you feel like FamilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodNancyVIPDined on 4/13/2014We've been here numerous time sans always enjoy the foodSpecial Features: