2472 Lamington Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriamediterranea.com/
- Phone: (908) 781-7131
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Trattoria Mediterranea
We are a family style Italian Restaurant known for our tasty food. We proudly recreate the flavour of our traditional dishes, while we are creating new ones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Mediterranea - Best Restaurants in Bedminster ›
Trattoria Mediterranea reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (28)good for groups (19)great for lunch (11)romantic (11)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Wonderful evening!SakbeckerDined on 11/22/2014We went to Trattoria Mediterranea for our anniversary. We had a very late reservation but asked them to call if something earlier came up and they did. The food was fantastic! We had pasta with jumbo shrimp and swordfish. Both were cooked perfectly and the waiter, who made the homemade pasta for a mushroom ravioli special gave us a sample no charge and it was delicious. The staff was friendly and worked well together. It was a great experience and we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True ItalianSomervillianDined on 11/18/2014Cod entrée and lamb ragu entrée were terrific. Loved having Italian people running the restaurant. Returning Saturday night; bumped my reservation somewhere else that is Italianish. Our server was terrific. She brought a birthday goodie for a very special friend who has been faced with challenges recently. Blessed evening. Returning with more Italians this Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Service!GAF96Dined on 11/16/2014Service was excellent ... server was terrific explaining the menu ... many interesting and unusual specials ... food was outstanding ... an all-around great experience ... go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesomefewdluvrDined on 11/9/2014The food here is outstanding. I have gotten to the point where I let Chef Michele or his brother Dominic select my entree and I am never dissapointed. Extremely fresh fish, homemade pasta, homemade sausage and homemade gelatto are all excellent. If you have never been here do yourself a favor and give it a try. Once you do you'll become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAFPaganoDined on 11/8/2014A local restaurant that we just tried and were blown away by the quality of the food. The service and atmosphere were just as outstanding. We we treated like old friends. Their Sunday Gravy? Well let just say "why cook". It was as good as what I make and I make a GREAT SUNDAY SAUCE. My wife had fish and she loved it. We will go back many more times as the menu needs to be tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceShe99Dined on 11/6/2014The food was excellent. The service was great. I took my wife there for lunch and we really enjoyed it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2d visitJackvzDined on 11/2/2014I've heard about this restaurant for several years, finally tried it about 3 months ago, the food is outstanding, prices are decent considering the quality and quantity of the food, at this point it is probably my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodJBoyDined on 10/31/2014Homemade pasta was excellent, with very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pupmamaDined on 10/25/2014We went on the recommendation from a friend & it didn't disappoint. We had appetizers, entrees and dessert and everything was excellent with the possible exception of the brushetta which we found to be somewhat bland. The red sauce is excellent & portions were generous as we both couldn't finish our entree. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014Made a last minute reservation for 6:15pm on 10/24. Restaurant was about 1/3 full. Noise level was acceptable. The special antipasti with hot and cold specialties was fantastic. My wife ordered salmon and I had a sausage,eggplant and pepper pasta dish which was also fantastic. The chocolate gelato coated with cocoa powder was great. As the restaurant filled up, the noise level increased. Overall a wonderful evening at a super restaurant. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- BrianbrianDined on 10/23/2014Great dining experience. Food and service were great. My wife and I celebrated my birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014All the dinner dishes were excellent, The server recommended some appetizers which were also good and the timing of the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyableluv2eatDined on 10/22/2014Food was good. Very energetic restaurant. Service was excellent. 1st time & will go backSpecial Features:
- Best in the NeighborhoodNantucketSamVIPDined on 10/18/2014A real gem! We first dined here only a short time ago, but now dine here often and it never disappoints. My wife and I have tried many different menu items, from salads to pasta dishes to seafood, and all are fresh, carefully prepared and delicious. Nothing fancy, but if you appreciate great Italian food, and genuine caring service, nothing beats it. TM always makes us feel like they are serving their family. Bravo!!Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerGerriDined on 10/18/2014Love your restsursnt. 8 of us have our anniversaries around the same time n always celebrate here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!locayokelDined on 10/17/2014As always, their food was delicious!!! The carpaccio, cod special and pasta dishes are always beautifully prepared. The service is wonderful, great family business, we love coming here for dinner. They did our wine set up immediately and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovethyfoodDined on 10/12/2014My first dine in with my in laws here was great even we were shouting on each other since it was crowded, second time around on my husbands bday service started in slow motion even there's only 5 table occupied that night around 7pm, of course I have to asked twice for the menu , waited water for almost 10 mins , bread served without the signature pairing of Parmesan I'm kinda confused that night that I just don't wanna ruin my hubby's bday. overall the food is fantastic credit to the chef , got my request to be seated next in the window and had a lil sweet treat for my hubby's bday but in the end I preferred a Good Service which will makes everybody happy and the business goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every timeBearsDined on 10/4/2014Every time I eat here I am blown away. At most restaurants, I find one thing I like and get it every time. At this restaurant, they constantly have delicious specials which make me try new dishes every visit. Each time I go, the meal blows away the last time. Ive never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Very noisyDineoutoftenDined on 9/27/2014Food was wonderful but noise level was awful. We were 6 people but could not hear each other. Did not make it an enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first introduction73dineDined on 9/27/2014We went for the first time in Saturday evening and could not have been more pleased. The food was great and the service made the night extremely comfortable. We had guests from out of town and they wished there was a restaraunt like this closer to them. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceDoco888Dined on 9/20/2014Good Food and good service Nice portions Lasagna is delicious When the restaurant is crowded, it is loud in there ..... BYOB..... Excellent Bruschetta... a good value and fun atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Every TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. Food is excellent. Service is wonderful. Place does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationCelebrateDined on 9/20/2014While it was the restaurant's 20th anniversary, it was our 29th. Great dinner and service. I wish we were available to enjoy this gem more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?NjfoodieDined on 9/19/2014After passing by this family owned restaurant in our neighborhood for years and we finally enjoyed a wonderful dinner there! Should have gone sooner. Lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousmelshinVIPDined on 9/6/2014all four of us enjoyed our dishes. The meat lasagna special was perfect. We were so full that we could not enjoy any of the homemade desserts.Special Features:
- Fabulous food but so loud!JannaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We absolutely loved our meals at this trattoria that I was happy to find in my new neighborhood. We will need to avoid Saturday nights in the future, however, in hopes that the noise level will be such that we can speak at our table without yelling!Special Features:
- Many choices done well on a Sat.eveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014A favorite BYO out in the horse country of NJ with excellent food and service, all the more impressive at prime time on a Sat. night. Noise level is the only drawback. It's as if you were at a party overstuffed with loud guests. Go early if you can.Special Features:
- What a Find!ElaineVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were looking for a new place to eat near my sister's house, so we decided on this one. It was a Friday night and we hate crowds, so we got there early. The food was amazing! They had a favorite fish, swordfish, prepared lightly bread crumbed and grilled. I had never had it prepared this way, it was such a treat! The salads, all of our dishes were wonderful! If you enjoy Italian food, freshly homemade pastas, served with a smile..this place is for you! We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in the area...jws928VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is definitely my family's favorite restaurant. It is by far the best Italian food we have had since living in New Jersey...and that's been a long time. What makes it all the more special is how well you are treated as a guest. I understand it is a family business that has been operating for over 20 years. The pride they take in their food and the service you receive as a guest is unmatched in my opinion. We always look forward to going back and bringing friends. If you crave Italian, you will be very happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday; group of 6SilkCityDined on 8/30/2014Small birthday party, in private area was just superb. Food and service were great, as usual, and care taken to ensure a pleasant experience and fun time. Anti pasto was especially yummy. This little gem never disappoints, with its fresh, delicious fare, warm and competent service and family feel. Looking forward to next trip!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantluv2dineDined on 8/29/2014I love Trattoria Medittereanea. Fabulous italian food, homemade pastas and large portions. Always great specials. The staff is extremely friendly and the service is impeccable. It's our first choice to take guests. We love it and it's a BYO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinnerReeReeDined on 8/28/2014I have been here many times and always have a great meal. The dining area is small and comfortable. The service was great. It is BYOB. The food is always fresh and carefully prepared. All pastas are home made. I will return and try more dishes.Special Features:
- always a lovely experience!jerseydinerDined on 8/19/2014I have been here many times with retired lady friends, in groups of 3 to 8. We have probably dined here 10 times as a group. This week, I finally took my husband and another couple, and TM did not disappoint. The food is always excellent. They are able to accommodate special requests (within reason), the presentation is a treat. The menu is not extensive, but everything is wonderful. we suggest: Braciole, lasagna, pork milanese, antipasto misto, fish. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- You always get the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014If you want to eat something authentic, something Mediterranean, something Italian, something served well without waiters pushing you out the door, here is you choice. a well kept secret for a long time, but now the cat is out of the bag. You do need a reservation or you probably will not be able to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and TerrificDeboraheventsDined on 8/8/2014Trattoria Mediterraea once again was amazing. We went this time with my children... Beyond accommodating. Their specials are so tempting it is difficult to decide on what to get... Cant go wrong here.Special Features:
- Never disappointing!Hairslisa4uDined on 8/1/2014The food is prepared w/ a true love and respect for what is to be served to guest! And you are treated like a welcomed valued VIP guest! I have never taken a friend there that hasn't returned on their own.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Trattoria Mediterranea reviews archive.
- Outstanding experience will returnJackvzDined on 7/27/2014I have been wanting to try this restaurant for several years, its in a small shopping center, very close to some larger restaurants, parking isn't plentiful, but once inside the host and hostesses were very friendly and any entrée we considered ordering was explained in detail. They bring out complimentary bruschetta. My wife ordered homemade ravioli, they were a lot larger than normal size ravioli and so fresh, they must have been made that day. I had the thin veal wrapped with prosciutto, came with roasted potatoes, and veggies. Both of us enjoyed everything on the table. Even the desserts didn't disappoint. Its a BYOB, which we prefer. We will definitely return ASAP.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The food is excellent, along with the service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Best Italian aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Not only was the staff welcoming, but they were knowledgeable of the menu and the specials. The food was delicious. I had one of the fish specials and was so pleased with the dish. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingDisappointingVIPDined on 7/15/2014Have been going here for years. Never disappointed. Consistently excellent. Food better than in ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.