2472 Lamington Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriamediterranea.com/
- Phone: 9087817131
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Trattoria Mediterranea
We are a family style Italian Restaurant known for our tasty food. We proudly recreate the flavour of our traditional dishes, while we are creating new ones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Trattoria Mediterranea - Best Restaurants in Bedminster ›
Trattoria Mediterranea reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- always a lovely experience!jerseydinerDined on 8/19/2014I have been here many times with retired lady friends, in groups of 3 to 8. We have probably dined here 10 times as a group. This week, I finally took my husband and another couple, and TM did not disappoint. The food is always excellent. They are able to accommodate special requests (within reason), the presentation is a treat. The menu is not extensive, but everything is wonderful. we suggest: Braciole, lasagna, pork milanese, antipasto misto, fish. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- You always get the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014If you want to eat something authentic, something Mediterranean, something Italian, something served well without waiters pushing you out the door, here is you choice. a well kept secret for a long time, but now the cat is out of the bag. You do need a reservation or you probably will not be able to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and TerrificDeboraheventsDined on 8/8/2014Trattoria Mediterraea once again was amazing. We went this time with my children... Beyond accommodating. Their specials are so tempting it is difficult to decide on what to get... Cant go wrong here.Special Features:
- Never disappointing!Hairslisa4uDined on 8/1/2014The food is prepared w/ a true love and respect for what is to be served to guest! And you are treated like a welcomed valued VIP guest! I have never taken a friend there that hasn't returned on their own.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience will returnJackvzDined on 7/27/2014I have been wanting to try this restaurant for several years, its in a small shopping center, very close to some larger restaurants, parking isn't plentiful, but once inside the host and hostesses were very friendly and any entrée we considered ordering was explained in detail. They bring out complimentary bruschetta. My wife ordered homemade ravioli, they were a lot larger than normal size ravioli and so fresh, they must have been made that day. I had the thin veal wrapped with prosciutto, came with roasted potatoes, and veggies. Both of us enjoyed everything on the table. Even the desserts didn't disappoint. Its a BYOB, which we prefer. We will definitely return ASAP.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The food is excellent, along with the service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Best Italian aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Not only was the staff welcoming, but they were knowledgeable of the menu and the specials. The food was delicious. I had one of the fish specials and was so pleased with the dish. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingDisappointingVIPDined on 7/15/2014Have been going here for years. Never disappointed. Consistently excellent. Food better than in ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodwineanddineVIPDined on 7/15/2014It may not seem like much from the outside at a first glance, but the food is what really matters and it's certainly 4+ stars. From the starter to the entrée, the use of Jersey tomatoes with other fresh ingredients, and sauces perfectly balanced with spices, made a delicious summer meal. What I experienced is cooking by people who really love what they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotRitzVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been here several times and I think the fish and pasta's are the way to go here. I only gave the service a 3 star because I think our waitress went home and they totally forgot we were the last of two tables in the restaurant and disappeared. Otherwise, dinner was great. I love the mussels and clams in white sauce, and I always love their homemade lasagna, even the bread is good. Mu husband had the gnocci with eggplant, which we really couldn't find the eggplant, but he enjoyed it. He had the special which was eggplant cake for an appetizer and it was absolutely delicious. We will be back. Love the BYOB and that you can make reservations on Open Table.Special Features:
- Perfectly prepared Italian cuisineFivestarconnoisseurDined on 6/27/2014Purely elegant Simply delicious Vibrantly outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have Never Been DisappointedjojoDined on 6/27/2014Took friends who had never been there and they loved it also!! Salads were superb. For our entrees, I had the monkfish and my husband had the branzino and they were both fantastic. We will return and return and return.Special Features:
- Unbelievable great findLuv2eatDined on 6/21/2014This place is a find, a true diamond tucked away in Bedminster. We have gone here several times. On Saturday nights my husband and I go with friends. We also have gone with our kids for an early dinner on Sunday and the chef made whatever our girls wanted. The food is all homemade authentic Italian, homemade sausage and pasta, our favorite! Everything is fresh and savory. The restaurant is owned by two brothers who truly care about their customers and work to exceed expectations, affordable and BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousDunwalkeDined on 6/6/2014The food is always delicious and brought to your table piping hot. Creative menu, well prepared and excellent quality. I highly recommend Trattoria Mediterranea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding every time!NantucketSamVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have become reglaulars and experience is always outstanding. Food is better than most 'fancy' places. Staff genuine and friendly. The casarecce pasta is my favorite and all fish dishes are prepared perfectly. Salads are fresh and not overly complex. This is the best restaurant in the area and a hidden gem!!Special Features:
- Everything was very gooddiamarimpDined on 5/25/2014Everything was very good,service was great,it was quiet,will go back soon againSpecial Features:
- Unexpectedly nice little placesmoserenityDined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation for Mother's Day since we would be visiting in the area. There was something for everybody on the menu. Chicken Sabitina and salad options were well done. Hazelnut Gelato & lemoncello were the perfect finish. The attentive server's really made the experience a positive one. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- nice findlee123Dined on 5/10/2014Great place for a good meal. Pasta is homemade, appetizers are fantastic and employees/waiters are top notch. If you live in area, give it a try...it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food- good valueNJMikeSDined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit and we will return. The appetizers (salads) and main courses, pasta dishes, were excellent and highly seasoned. The service was also attentive and dinner was leisurely. Thee wait staff accurately described the food taste (intense flavors/highly seasoned); same with a dessert. We ate in the small area near the kitchen, and once the large family party with lots of kids left, the noise level dissipated allot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Trattoria Mediterranea reviews archive.
- Great FindtahooeyDined on 4/26/2014We ordered many times from their pizzeria next door and decided to try the restaurant. We were a party of six and everyone loved the food and the service was outstanding! I am sorry that we didn't try it sooner. Will definitely go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're in LoveLuv2dineDined on 4/26/2014This was our second visit to Tratorria Mediterranea and the meals continue to blow us away!!! Fresh made Pasta, seafood fantastic..... You can not go wrong with anything that is ordered The Staff make you feel like FamilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodNancyDined on 4/13/2014We've been here numerous time sans always enjoy the foodSpecial Features:
- BYOBRainyNightDined on 4/4/2014Restaurant is noisy, pricey, and without a liquor license. Bring your own wine.Special Features:
- authentic italianlindarVIPDined on 4/1/2014love the food here -great homemade pasta's and fresh ingredients- we had our grandmother's 100th birthday here and everyone thought the food was delicious!Special Features:
- A Great FindPolarisDined on 3/26/2014Recommended by friends this is a top restaurant in the area. Food is well prepared, and served hot. Lots of specials and a good menu as well. Definitely worth a trip back.Special Features:
- Great food - a local favoriteBinkyDined on 3/22/2014The food here is always excellent! We especially enjoy the pastas, and the specials have never disappointed. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great foodKnitwitDined on 3/15/2014We were with a group of 6 people on a Saturday evening. All of us found the food and service very good. However, the noise level was so high that we couldn't wait to leave the restaurant. We had been told that it's much quieter during the week. We will try it again on a weekday. never on the weekend again. None of us enjoyed eating in such deafening noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!tbmbbpppDined on 3/14/2014We met friends from out of state--a mid-way location for all of us. Perfect place for a fine evening together. Not feeling rushed, and wonderful service, along with wonderful food. We'll meet them there again next year (and dine there again before that time).Special Features:
- Our new favorite!MSIN13VIPDined on 3/8/2014Great restaurant. The owners and staff are wonderful. The menu and ingredients are first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful in downtown Bedminster.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014Delightful in downtown Bedminster. Ambience is very nice. Service is quite good and professional. Food impressive. If a steak tartare fan, do not miss this one! Portions are larger than they need be, guess that means good for leftovers. BYOB is always a great NJ option. First time, and we intend to come back many times. Some large groups in that night, and in NJ that means very loud. Overall, still a great impression, experience, and hats off to ownership and staff for a top shelf restaurant out of NYC in the beautiful Bedminster area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, welcoming, good menu, BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Arrived early, early on a busy Saturday night at a place clearly frequented by many regulars. Staff did a good job attending to us and explaining the list of specials--tho there were too many for my taste considering the extensive menu. Entree's ranged from C+ (homemade but overcooked spaghetti and less than meaty meatballs) to B (Zuppa di Mare special) to A (lasagne special, seafood and mushroom linguini). Outstanding desert gelato, excellent salads. Not far from 78/287.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great duringDinearoundVIPDined on 3/7/2014Wonderful food and great during the week or for lunch. Stay away on Friday/Saturday nights as it gets very crowded and the noise level is so great that you cannot even hear folks at your own table. We had a table for 4, sat across from each other and could not hear. Had to talk very loudly, as did everyone else .....Special Features:
- Glad we wentDorcanDined on 3/7/2014My husband and I went to Trattoria Mediterranea for the first time and it won't be the last. The servers were top-notch and the entire staff works as a team anticipating every need or request. Extremely attentive without being intrusive. The actual menu is limited but the specials were numerous and meals well prepared. Lisa went table to table asking how she could be of service and was most gracious to all the diners. The only thing we weren't aware of was the BYOB policy but since neither of us are huge drinkers, it really wasn't an issue. So we know for the next time for celebratory occasions, as it was my birthday, to pick up a small bottle.Special Features:
- Great byoBufrportDined on 3/4/2014Love the lighting, nice and low. The food is creative including my veggie stuffed baked orange pepper as a starter. Husband and I both had the fish specials which were fresh with nice sauces. Service was professional and not over bearing. We will return!Special Features:
- suburban gemDeedeedinaDined on 2/22/2014very active spot on a Saturday night.. we travelled 45 miles to get her on rec from local friend. woth the trip and a good halfway meeting point for friends that live in nyc suburbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!Doco888Dined on 2/21/2014Superb food! Great service !!! Generous portions!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to returnBillDined on 2/15/2014The food was fabulous. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and had wonderful Italian accents addng a great touch to the ambiance. The menu was different, creative. I had an Arugula Pear Salad. My entre was thick pasta (Casarrecce) with small meatballs and diced eggplant in a light tomato broth. Dessert was a gem. Hazlenut gelato in a ball with a chocolate center and dusted in cocoa. Off the charts Awesome. Never had any of these three dishes that I can recall. My wife was equally impressed. Bring your own bottle, saves money. I cannot wait to return again.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I were there for dinner on Valentine's Day. The food was pretty good but will not be recommending this restaurant because of the service. Waiter put in this wrong dinner order for husband. Took a long time to bring out the correct dish so we ended up sharing my entree and wrapping his to go. Not only did the waiter not comp anything for his mistake but they wrote in 20% tip on our check!
- The Best in BedminsterDerickWDined on 2/11/2014This was our second visit, for my mom's 80th birthday. The food and service were just as excellent as last time, and the staff went out of their way to make my mom's 80th birthday very special indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real Italian restaurantNormDined on 2/7/2014The family is direct from Italy, and it shows in the food. The pasta is made by a family member every day, and the sauces are varied and delicious. Food is fairly priced, and combined with byo wine it makes the price for the evening out to dinner more than reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.