13308 FM 150 West
Driftwood, TX 78619Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattorialisina.com/
- Phone: 5128943111x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday and Saturday 11am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael McNeilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio overlooking the vineyard makes a great setting to have from 25-200 people for a plated dinner, or family style dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Jett Minor 512-221-0773x
A word from Trattoria Lisina
Situated in the Texas hill country just outside of Austin, this rustic, casual destination, created and owned by the Mandola Family, offers a new dining experience and boasts a widely varied menu of authentic country-style Italian fare and modern takes on classic Italian dishes. We offer an extensive wine list consisting of purely Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Trattoria Lisina - Best Restaurants in Driftwood ›
Trattoria Lisina reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)scenic view (160)romantic (135)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (96)notable wine list (92)kid-friendly (41)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (16)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Quiet EveningFernandoDined on 10/28/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and the service most of all. Able to relax, have a conversation, and dine in a very relaxing setting. The food was very well prepared and presented. Great place for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy in TexasItalyDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I visited Trattoria Lisina for our 25th wedding anniversary. Not only did our good friends recommend it, but the bed and breakfast we stayed at recommend it as well. Trattoria was far beyond our expectations. It is absolutely beautiful, a setting that we loved! The food, wine and service was outstanding. Thank you so much for a most lovely evening!Special Features:
- Fri - Very crowded, but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Have been to Trattoria many times, but never on Fri. (I usually love this place.) It was very crowded; there was a wedding celebration and full restaurant as well. Food was good, service friendly, but busy. It took 1 hr to get food. Noise level high. Won't go again on a Fri night.
- Negative Changes...LoveAustinDined on 10/24/2014We used to go every year for our anniversary. But had not been in a few years. They changed the menu significantly, it's now overpriced and pretentious. Their wine selection is still good, but we felt their food had really gone downhill. I'd suggest saving the money and going to Carino's as the sauce on the meatballs was reminiscent of that sort of establishment at 3 times the price! Plus, I called to add two more to my wife's birthday dinner. They refused to accommodate and asked me if I wanted to cancel. Rather than bending over backwards to try and help, I felt they were ready to just move-on to the next one. They also have "Public Wifi" but when I asked for the code, they no longer offer it to customers, yet phones don't work there.Special Features:
- anniversarry dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Trattoria Lisina!! the landscaping was beautiful, great for photos! when we arrived the host knew it was our 25th anniversary & he greeted us with 2 glasses of champagne. that made us feel really special. the interior was so pretty & the lighting was perfect. our waiter even offered us some lost & found reading glasses so we could read the menu, cause we forgot ours!! the food was very authentic(veal was amazing). we look forward to dining there againSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable EveningBlessed777Dined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating a 60th birthday and requested seating on patio away from kitchen area and it made all the difference to our experience at this local restaurant. We had a terrible experience in March when we celebrated our daughters birthday but decided to ask specifically to not be near the kitchen. Made a huge difference seating near the garden and when it came to nightfall our 2 yr old grandson enjoyed the colored lighting outside. We all enjoyed the food from salads to main. Their asparagus salad was excellent as was their eggplant dish. And the tiramisu was delicious and was a generous helping enough for several people. Overall a relaxing evening with delicious food and wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Loved the food and the venue. I had the risotto with steak and it was amazing! A little pricey for everyday but a perfect "special event" destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunFun2bhadDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. We really enjoyed our evening amongst friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, food quality spottyDutchFoodieDined on 10/17/2014We had dinner (party of 4) there a few nights ago. We absolutely loved the scenery and the wine in the beautiful garden. When we went inside we were in a great mood, in part because the good service and wine advise we received from the bar tender at the front. However, our experience went a bit downhill after. The appetizers were good, we had calamari, a pizza, and the antipasto. However, 3 of the 4 fingers were marginal at best. When the waitress came, she didn't think to ask us why there were 3 almost full plates left, and we actuary had to ask for the manager ourselves. It is a shame, it could be a fantastic place, but the food leaves much to be desired.Special Features:
- Italy in the Heart if TexasHillCountryLadyDined on 10/17/2014Italian cuisine with paired wine available by the glass or bottle. Entrees are marvelous...be sure to note the off menu specials...and save room for dessert. Portions are large and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait personCatsDined on 10/17/2014Needs training on serving in such a great place. Consistently reached across the table in front of us. 4 people at the table.Special Features:
- Excellent!FirestarterDined on 10/16/2014We went here for our anniversary and were more than pleased. If it weren't so far out we would go more often. For a nice restaurant with such excellent food the prices were reasonable and the portions were large enough to feed two people easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable experience.good2eatDined on 10/12/2014My wife an I thought that every aspect of our meal was perfect and my seven year old daughter, who usually doesn't enjoy anything but fast food, had a wonderful time. We will be back many times and bring our friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner, but expected more.marwozDined on 10/10/2014Dinner was nice. However our waiter was a bit inexperienced it seemed and was unable to answer questions regarding the menu. I would have expected a little higher level of service with a restaurant of this price level and caliber. One member of my party had a pork chop that was less than stellar quality and was not prepared well. The manager did attempt to correct the problem. The asparagus salad was very good. My meal was good and so was my wife's. The place was bustling and loud with what appeared to be several very large parties. I would go there again though, maybe it was just this particular evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect celebrationCoffeemomDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated my husband's 50th bday- the food was superior, the service friendly and professional, the environment was classy..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTexasBikerDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. I picked it because my wife is a huge wine fan, but honestly the food was amazing. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the food and the wine. Everyone was extremely polite and courteous the entire time. Wonderful experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria Lisina-JBandFamilyDined on 10/7/2014What a great find! We have already referred our married son and his wife to go there this weekend! We fell in love with your staff, atmosphere and food!!! We just live down 1826, never knew you were there till we recently had Mandola's Market cater an event for my Mom! Thanks Dominic! Also Chase is an excellent waiter! Great dining experience! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- merlot68Dined on 10/5/2014Food was very good, having lived in Italy for a number of years, I am pretty "picky". My husband and I enjoyed our meal and our server was very good. This is not your cozy, intimate,romantic dining..it is excellent food and service tho. I will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMarkDined on 10/3/2014I've only been here a few times, but each time has been great. The wine was good, the service was excellent, we had a table by the window and it was a gorgeous evening and view, and the food was really great. It's a bit of a drive to get there, and I would recommend reservations, but its worth it.Special Features:
- AmazingGreatballsoffireDined on 10/2/2014From the moment you arrive to the very last bite of the Tiramisu! AMAZEBALLS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Birthday DinnerHelloitsmeDined on 10/1/2014Trattoria Lisina was recommended by two neighbors so we tried it for my birthday. The whole experience was just wonderful. From the attentive service (ask for Paul), delicious food to the beautiful sunset over the vineyard. All our dishes were good but my favorite would have to be the asparagus salad. Perfetto!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Really great place. Food is outstanding; never had a bad experience there; service is friendly and unhurried and the surroundings are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the Hill CountrySeguinbearDined on 9/28/2014This was the best Italian food I have ever had outside of NYC and Boston. Service was even better. The building and the grounds made one think they were in Tuscany!Special Features:
- AMAZING!Momof3kvsDined on 9/26/2014This was an amazing gem in a little Texas town. Every bite we ate was incredible. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysginoDined on 9/26/2014My favorite Central Texas restaurant was once again superb!Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphereTrotterDined on 9/21/2014The decor and food are wonderful. Nice selection and taste great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bla, Bla, Blagreat2eatDined on 9/21/2014Fantastic as always. We dine there often! Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla & Bla!! PS. Make this too hard and you can forget about me doing surveys anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to being awesome!drippingsprsaddictDined on 9/21/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant but after a chef and menu change, things went rapidly downhill. I went several times and continued to be disappointed. Finally stopped. Tried again a few weeks ago. Linguine allo scoglio is back and better than ever. Awesome. Entire experience! Same this time too. Great service and great food. Keep scoglio on the menu and I will dine there at least monthly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing dipping sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Everything was wonderful, we ordered a little bit of several items and brought enough home for a dinner later. The only drawback was our waiter forgot to give us some of the olive oil bread dipping sauce that we asked for.Special Features:
- PeachDined on 9/20/2014A group of "mature" gabby women had a fantastic time, great food no hurry, impeccable service!! our favorite place to meet upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Out of the Way PlacebohemianaggieDined on 9/16/2014The restaurant is outstanding. It is quiet a drive to get there whether you're coming from Austin or from Wimberly. Once you get there the good times start rolling. Great service. Very nice menu selections. And the good is good all the way around the table from appetizers to salads to main course through to desert. This is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodGoodstuffDined on 9/14/2014On the recommendation of our waitress, we ended up ordering several of the first and second courses and splitting them family style. They were great and by the time we got to the final course, we ordered just one and split it. Good pricing and great food...we will be back.Special Features:
- Great family restaurantVikingDined on 9/13/2014Overall great quality for prices. Excellent wines. No liquor license.Special Features:
- Tuscany in the Hill CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Charming setting overlooking grape vines. Authentic decor. Very experienced and talented wait staff. Every dish was outstanding to the palate. Leave room for desert. Italian wine lovers only.Special Features:
- a feeling of NapabubbadDined on 9/7/2014Good Italian adventure without having to fly. Great food-great view-wonderful ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and scenicCarkimDined on 9/6/2014The food was fantastic, the grounds are beautiful, it feels like Italy. Espresso is also very good. Bring a full wallet though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Celebrated my husbands birthday here. We made early reservations (4:30) as we had kiddos in tow and didn't want to get dirty looks from diners seeking a more quiet atmosphere. The good thing was... if the kids were feeling antsy there was a huge playscape just outside the door. Food was delicious, the service was impeccable and the atmosphere was warm and inviting.Special Features:
- great serviceGraldaVIPDined on 9/5/2014food is always good, asparagus salad is wonderful, the lasagna was dry but the waitress was great and brought a large bowl of bolognese making my husband very happy.Special Features:
- Special eveningLadieswhodineDined on 9/5/2014Have visited this spot several times and am never disappointed. Superb food, wine and service. Chef's menu and wine pairings were outstanding. Kudos to Andrea, our wait-person, for giving us an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lovely and quaintTestmypalletteDined on 9/2/2014We visited the restaurant on a weeknight and there were just enough people there to make it feel lively but not too loud. We each had the devine lamb chops! The service, food and ambience was very nice....we could have quiet conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.