13308 FM 150 West
Driftwood, TX 78619Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattorialisina.com/
- Phone: 5128943111x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday and Saturday 11am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael McNeilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio overlooking the vineyard makes a great setting to have from 25-200 people for a plated dinner, or family style dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Jett Minor 512-221-0773x
A word from Trattoria Lisina
Situated in the Texas hill country just outside of Austin, this rustic, casual destination, created and owned by the Mandola Family, offers a new dining experience and boasts a widely varied menu of authentic country-style Italian fare and modern takes on classic Italian dishes. We offer an extensive wine list consisting of purely Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Trattoria Lisina - Best Restaurants in Driftwood ›
Trattoria Lisina reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (215)scenic view (201)romantic (169)good for groups (120)fit for foodies (119)notable wine list (113)great for lunch (57)kid-friendly (54)neighborhood gem (47)great for brunch (42)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Wasted eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/31/2014We chose Trattoria Lisina for an anniversary dinner and this was a big mistake. We had been there previously with questionable service, always good food but this as a horrible experience. Reservation made at least a month out but our anniversary falls over Labor Day weekend. After an hour and 45 minutes all we had been served was bread. We have no idea where our order went. Even after manager apologized and said he'd get our order out fast, we sat another 45 minutes. We were ready to walk out when they brought food. We were so tired, had a few bites and had them pack everything up. Needless to say dinner was comped and we never got to an anniversary celebration or dessert. Not sure we'll go back.
- Birthday celebration not so happy4goodeatsDined on 8/31/2014We have always loved Trattoria Lisina for special family occasions and celebrations. This night, however, was a very off night. The service was very slow and did not help the situation by avoiding us, rather than trying to remedy the problem. The food (once it got to our table) was very good, as usual. It was unfortunate as we were celebrating a special occasion with the entire family together. We have never had bad service there before, so I am chalking it up to an "off" night for our server and kitchen. I will go back, but hope the service will be back to its normal style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Took family there for a birthday celebration. Food was good (far from exceptional), but extremely overpriced for portion size. Should have ordered appetizers and insalata. Most couples that would normally share dessert each order their own due to the small portions of their various entries. Prices would have been acceptable if portions were larger. No one left feeling satisfied and bill was over $110/couple. Beautiful facility and grounds, very good service.Special Features:
- BeautifulCLSpiveyDined on 8/31/2014Second time being here. Apparently, there is a new chef and the food was not as memorable as our last visit. Calamari was tough and greasy, sauces were not quite as flavorful, bread was not as good. The ravioli was the highlight of the meal and the cake and cappuccino were very good. Wine was good, as the selection. The grounds are beautiful and romantic. I would probably return, but would think a little harder about the 1.5 hour drive out here before deciding to go again.Special Features:
- SlagleDined on 8/31/2014Of all the times I have been there. I will have to say that the quality of food was poor and the serve. My wife and mother in law ordered the lasagna. Not knowing at the time until I got home they were not satisfied with their meal. Lasagna should be layered with the sauce and than the pasta. All I saw when I got home was was layers of pasta stacked one on another. Nothing like its shown on the website menu. If I had known this while eating. I would have sent it back and asked the chef to come to my table for an explanation. My Pollo Arrosto was not up to par from the times I have ordered before. It was good but it lacked the quality from past experience almost no lemon flavor. I would like to have my money returned.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014My husband I had a date night here. We were so pleased. We made last minute reservations on a Saturday night with luck we found a 6:15 opening. So glad we did, because they were busy. Getting out there was quite a drive but so worth it. The moment we walked in, everyone was so courtieous and accomidating. Our server was very attentive and was ready when we were ready to order. Her wine suggestion was right on. My husband had the rabbit, and I had the pork chop. The rabbit was so delicious, I had never tried it before, but it was so tender and full of flavor. The pork chop was huge, I thought there was no way to finish it, but lo and behold, my empty plate. The polenta seved with both dishes just set everything to another level!Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We had been told so much about the restaurant so our expectations were very high. But a combination of flies and a table that kept tipping kind of set the tone for a not so great restaurant experience. Our server was excellent and very polite. On the food side our salad looked delicious but lacked in taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Trattoria Lisina is a first-class restaurant and a memorable experience. It is very beautiful and feels more like Tuscany than Austin. The service is excellent and the food is delicious. I highly recommend it for a date, a party or just a lovely night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningluvgelatoDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic food & service. We took friends who had never dined there and they definitely enjoyed the evening. The two hours spend there went very quick & it was reminiscent of a recent visit to European dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Austin525Dined on 8/27/2014Food, service and atmosphere were perfect!! Will def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Hill Country SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Food was really good, from the anti-pasta to the Rib-Eye cooked exactly like I wanted and dessert with espresso was great. Rustic and nice country Italian setting. Service is good. It is not quiet though, the large group behind us was very loud and sometimes obnoxious. You will not get a quiet evening, room is large, echo's with the conversation of a room full of people. Everything else is great though, I would still recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend a summer eveningfrankNObeansDined on 8/23/2014We made a reservation and they had the table ready for us when we arrived. The waiter was an extremely nice and competent young man, and we indulged in some banter here and there. The food came out at a leisurely pace--a little too leisurely at the end, but things were hopping, so no big deal. All the food was excellent, from the tender calamari to the generous salads. All the entrees were very good to excellent, with the exception of my daughter's lasagna, which was very pedestrian and disappointing to her. The restaurant, being across the parking lot from a vineyard, would make you forget you're in central Texas if it wasn't for the heat. Love the fact that they don't rush you.Special Features:
- Fabulous food! Lacks IntimacyAimhighDined on 8/22/2014We were wowed by the food. It was everything promised. The side dining room really lacked the intimacy we were expecting. It felt a bit institutional to is. Maybe the main area feels more special. The service was impeccable. We would go back in a heartbeat and absolutely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family eveingWilliamsDined on 8/22/2014We had a great time and couldn't believe we were there for over 2 hours. We started with a class of wine outside and played some bocce ball and then had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Great ItalianwillisrogerDined on 8/22/2014I've been here twice and have found it to be excellent both times. AND, I seldom give an excellent rating on anything. I will be back and this is a 3 hour drive for me, one way. The first time I was here I got back to the hotel and realized I had left my wallet. I returned the next morning and the restaurant was closed but the manager was there and our waiter had turned in my wallet. I had over $500 cash in my wallet and it was all there. I attempted to give the manager 100 dollars to reward the waiter but the manager refused. I have told many people about this restaurant and I have seen some leaving Facebook pictures of their visit.Special Features:
- engaged to be married2bmarriedDined on 8/22/2014The evening was awesome!!! I was looking for a special place to propose marriage to my girlfriend, and Trattoria Lisina was everything for our special day. From the scenic drive, the vineyards, the water fountain, the ambiance, food, wine.... It was the prefect choice for us! And what made the night more special was that she said YES!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food / Mixed ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Overall, our experience was good and I would recommend dining there. Everyone felt that the the food was very good/very good, except perhaps for the Lasagna, which was a good portion, nice pasta layers, tasty meat filling but virtually no sauce, so it was dry and did not have the robust flavor I would have expected. Our waiter tried to be attentive but was over-worked, and one of our entree's came out late, forcing everyone else to wait to eat. Beautiful scenery and location, and the facility is very nice. Reasonable prices. Definately worth the drive out into the country for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary2aussiesintexasDined on 8/19/2014We had a window seat, looking out to a Tuscan fountain and garden. The waitress was helpful, informative and cheerful, and very professional. We were not rushed to order and the ambience of the restaurant was excellent. The choice of drinks was good, and the Italian choice menu was the reason we chose this restaurant. The garden salad and the calamari were excellent starters. The lamb and the seafood spaghetti mains were the highlight of the evening and the serves were generous, the Tiramisu was a delightful finish to an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine + waitstaff = wow!FoodieplusoneDined on 8/16/2014Expect service & experience a Trattoria Lisina. The setting is just picturesque driving through this lush vineyard to the restaurant. While crazy Texas liquor laws don't allow them to serve the wine grown and I'm guessing stomped on site, they do have an extensive wine list. Just a beautiful place. A little loud with the concrete & stone, but the food made it all worthwhile. The staff and ambience make you feel as if you've made it home to your giant Italian grandmother's estate. Warm and friendly near Wimberley, our friends kept commenting that they couldn't believe a place in the 'middle of nowhere could be so busy. We all loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedItalianbyBirthDined on 8/16/2014The staff were all very friendly and courteous. The grounds were beautiful. We found the menu selection poor and the food extremely over-priced for its average quality. My $150 for two people would have been better spent elsewhere.Special Features:
- Still great, pricier than in pastJen54434Dined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Tratatoria Lisina. Service is impeccable, food delicious and wines wonderful. We have been coming for dates or with our family since it opened. Our only disappointment was the increased price of a meal for our meal.Special Features:
- Just keeps getting betterYumyumDined on 8/16/2014we had a party of six for lunch. Wonderful, leisurely meal, great service, beautiful grounds, ambience a 5 star. We enjoyed watching the limos of bridal luncheons arrive, and even a helicoptered group dropped in for lunch and landed adjacent to the vineyard.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningMichaelDined on 8/15/2014The ambience is perfect and the food and service was fantastic. Our dining experience could not have been any better. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- islandbychoiceDined on 8/14/2014Celebrated wedding anniversary with outstanding rib eye and tender pork loin entres. Beautiful ambiance and a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Jeff was our server and he did a great job. Attentive service and didn't rush our meal. Our food was good as was the atmosphere. Had a good bottle of the house chianti with the meal. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Great food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Una de las mejores comidas italianas en el area Central de texas!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We had reservations for 6 for a Saturday night. We had a variety of the dishes: rabbit, pasta, osso bucco, steak and that night's special risotto. They were all good: the pasta was loaded with fresh vegetables that were not overcooked; the rabbit had just the right touch of gaminess, the steak was perfectly cooked, the osso bucco was falling off the bone and the "Texas Polenta" was great with it. The best dish of the evening was the risotto. It was cooked with the top of the line prosciutto. When it came out, I have to say that it did not look that appetizing, but the flavors exploded on the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTXHillCountrycusineDined on 8/9/2014We went to the Trattoria to show it to friends whose son is getting married in DEC 2014 at Camp Lucy...they like it so much they plan to have the Rehearsal Dinner at the Trattoria! The food, wine, & service were excellent...thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyCRiddDined on 8/8/2014The food as always was excellent. We made reservations 2 weeks prior and yet we were seated next to a busy isle with the setting sun in the eyes of anyone at the west end of the table. I know the sun can not be controlled but where customers are seated at that time can. It was very loud and we had to lean forward over the table to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best for Italian DiningAtwelliusDined on 8/7/2014Great food, great service, great wine list. The osso bucco is excellent. The choices for a great chianti are excellent. Finished with fantastic tiramisu and an excellent cup of coffee. Best dining experience in quite a while. Well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Best italian cusine in Austin tx ......................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and settingPrositDined on 8/6/2014We had my brother in laws birthday celebration (60 years). We had group of 6 and the food was great and service excellent. Wonderful setting in Texas Hill Country. Remember to go early and visit Dutchman Winery adjacent to the Restraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jstoneAverageJoeDined on 8/3/2014Great food! We had a Lasagna, Ravioli, and Pasta Primavera. All was great. The Cheese Fondue appetizer was also very tasty. The chocolate cake with salted carmel was exquisite, and the Italian donuts were also a hit. Short, but good wine list, moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too fast with the foodMikeCDined on 8/3/2014Entrees were served at the same time as salads and appetizers.Special Features:
- Fantasticsl1227Dined on 8/3/2014I had family visiting from Massachusetts and wanted to take them to a place that reminded me of dining in Italy and Trattoria Lisina was the perfect choice. The food was excellent as well as the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- j2thefroDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent, the wine was sublime and the views were outstanding. Absolutely Gorgeous restaurant. You don't feel rushed and can wander the grounds sitting under the lovely shade trees, playing bocce ball, entertaining the kids on the playscape or touring and tasting at the winery. A perfect afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravisimoCubanDined on 8/2/2014Is like the Italian Villa , every details remind me Italy , definitely I will back , I was sad that I can't buy a glass od my favorite wine from Venetto , the Amarone , but is ok , fine food , good servicev, my italian friend ,she was a little negative until , she experienced and becomes a fan . Keep the good work. Now u have a client for life.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerSantxDined on 7/27/2014This Resturant is well worth the drive to its location. Great food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill dining experienceFoodforthoughtDined on 7/23/2014Wow, I was disappointed . I di t usually write reviews but I just needed to. this place was a favorite if ours for years , special occasions and always just absolutely delicious, every bite. Always recommended to friends but our last visit was not even close to all of visits I the past. Huge portions of mediocre food... Not up to the caliber In The past. Waiter actually told us the chef left and that the chefs jn the kitchen weren't technically chefs. Just a huge disappointment all the way around. Am very sad to lose what was our favorite restaurant and the most delicious food consistently. Major bummer and let down. I wonder where the chef went to... That would be worth checking out
- A Lucky FindFlatoniaCoupleDined on 7/20/2014Trattoria Lisina is indeed a lucky find. Even though my wife and I have dinned there more than once, it has been each time like making a lucky find in a quite county setting all over again. For us it is a place for anniversaries and birthdays, but it is a place for any occasion at any time. Trattoria Lisina is a one-of-a-kind dinning experience, even for a 150 mile roundtrip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.