21-76 31st Street
Astoria, NY 11105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://trattorialincontro.com/
- Phone: 7187213532
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rocco Sacramone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining experience from 15 to 40 people in our private room or our beautiful wine bar which seats maximum 75 people.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent Bizati 7187213532
- Entertainment: We have a harpist on Tuesday nights from 6:30 until 10:00pm and a mandolinist Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday nights from 6:30pm until 10:00pm
A word from Trattoria L'incontro
Thank you for choosing a top Zagat rated, very popular, Michelin star Italian restaurant in New York, Trattoria L'incontro. It will be an honor and pleasure having you as our guest in our establishment where customers enjoy superb meals prepared by chef and owner Rocco Sacramone and are treated as kings and queens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trattoria L'incontro - Best Restaurants in Astoria ›
Trattoria L'incontro reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (47)notable wine list (41)romantic (39)hot spot (25)great for lunch (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Outstandingperfectdinner42Dined on 9/28/2014Always a great meal! The burrata , the game meatballs, & the veal were all incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food as always was fantastic, the only thing this time was that the waiter was attending too many other tables and the serving time between appetizers, main corse and desert was stretched out a little.Special Features:
- creative & classic ItalianIMPRESSEDDined on 9/26/2014True tratorria setting.. early (6:00pm) revs, additionally seated tables never interrupted our intimate setting. "Old school" pro- run restaurant. Cordial - personable hosting, felt like "regulars". Tall ceilinged dining room w/ calming murals of Italian scenes. Our "captain-waiter" was promptly and unobtrusively assisted by a perfect "back-waiter" ( water & wine always topped, fresh silverware resets whenever needed, table "totally cleared" & "crumbed" prior to dessert.) Our requested slow - multi coarse experience was easily met. THE FOOD WAS PERFECT. Not enough space to explain, other than to say WOW! GREAT SPECIALS! BEAUTIFUL-DELICIOUS! Chef promotes untraditional nuances, yet in command of recipes, obviously demands only the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencebk12Dined on 9/25/2014My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant during Astoria restaurant week and it was an amazing choice. Both the food and service were spectacular. We both agreed that we would definitely come back and pay full price to eat again at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schooljangitaDined on 9/25/2014While we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at L'Incontro, the food is a throw back to 1970's Italian American restaurants. If you don't have any other expectations you will be happy. The ambiance and service were fine.
- Always ExtraordinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/24/2014I have been going to Trattoria L'incontro since Rocco Sacramone opened his doors and I have never had a bad or average meal here. Everything is top quality. The staff is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Rocco often comes out of the kitchen and walks the floor to chat with diners. Whatever is on the menu is only half the story. There are always at least 3-5 fabulous pasta, fish and meat specials and you can't go wrong with any of them. This is the kind of place where you can just sit down and tell the waiter to bring you an appetizer, a main and dessert and let them choose. It's THAT good. Reservations are highly recommended or you won't get a table until 9 pm. They never rush your meal no matter how busy they are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria L'incontrocatloverDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I love this restaurant. We have been there many times. The food preparation is excellent. We never look at the menu as the specials (many!) are always so enticing. The service is always attentive. My favorite pasta is the rabbit ragu. The Aneri Prosecco is reasonably priced and went well with the food.Special Features:
- Awesome food! One of my fave spot!JkolineVIPDined on 9/13/2014My hubby and I have been dining here for years and usually come here for date nites once or twice a month. We love the lobster salad and burrata for appetizers, main courses home made meatballs spaghetti and soft shell crabs during the summer season. Now we look forward to tasting Chef Rocco's Fall and Winter specials. We always feel welcome by Rocco, Vinny and the staffs at the restaurant every time. Love it!Special Features:
- Great experience!!luvfoodDined on 9/13/2014Rocco the owner made us feel like we were old friends. Food was great. We were not rushed . Amazed that the waiter remembered all 40 specials. Fantastic for group or couples for dinner. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant in NYCfunny1Dined on 9/13/2014This is a really wonderful place. Ambience, service and food are all perfect. Take the N train.Special Features:
- MRFavoriteVIPDined on 9/6/2014Trattoria L'incontro continues to be head and shoulders the best of the best. The food and service are unparalleled. Rocco, Vinny, and the entire staff know how to make customers feel like family. The variety of food choices, and the subtle revisions to the menu, keep it fresh and new. The freshness and the flavors are like nowhere else. We cannot wait till the next visit.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful.sonoslicVIPDined on 9/3/2014I'm not sure which quality I would praise the most - the service or the food - at this amazing Italian restaurant just off Ditmars in Astoria. The inventiveness of the cooking is amazing and the staff is engaging and eager to help one navigate the multitude of choices. We would go every night if we could!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I recently had dinner at Trattoria L'incontro while in town for the weekend to watch the US Open. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, especially the many specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- coachVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of the top 50 restaurants in NYC and number 1 in Queens. You will always leave after dinner or lunch knowing that you had a great meal. They always hit the spot. Had the stuffed grouper for main course and stuffed artichoke for the appetizer. It does not get any better.Special Features:
- ExcellentLove2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love this place!! Ravioli with lobster was amazing! Fish dinners were fantastic and best stuffed shrimp I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!DisappointingDined on 8/30/2014As this is not our first time at L'incontro, I must say that it is CONSISTENTLY amazing! The food is an experience in gastronomical excellence ..........why go to Manhattan? Rocco Sacramone's presence in the dining room assures you that your experience at his restaurant is paramount to his success! The service that we received by Carlos was second to none! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- BuonissimoDined on 8/30/2014good as always..a bit crowded which is always good for business.Special Features:
- MarcMarcDined on 8/29/2014This Resturant is true old world charm as is the service. The food is better than any I have tasted. You are greeted at the door with warmth and an "How are you today, nice to see you again" When you take someone there for the first time it's realy special as you watch the expression on their face, wow I like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingGatoulaDined on 8/27/2014Trattoria L'Incontro is the most amazing restaurant I have been to. I could eat there every daySpecial Features:
- afc121.44marymargareta1Dined on 8/23/2014food was ok very disappointed that pastas cannot be ordered as appetizer what kind of Italian dinner is that!!!! and we did get a pasta to share as a starter after the pizza and before our dinner and sorry to say the pasta was just ok!!!! the wait staff was fine but would I return for dinner in the future no
- Classic dinner spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went with the wife for an anniversary dinner. Good wine list, food was very tasty, large variety of specials. Will come back!
- An Italian Gem in AstoriasuebomDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated our anniversary here on recommendation of family. We have since returned to enjoy delicious fresh homemade Italian dishes. We felt like we were in Europe. It is definitely a great place to celebrate an occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!ElidaDined on 8/22/2014The good is outstanding, the service & atmosphere welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic classical Italianmy2000Dined on 8/17/2014This is a traditional Italian restaurant with outstanding performance. All the dishes where great, especially the outstanding risotto.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualVerypickyDined on 8/16/2014You are guaranteed an amazing meal when you make reservations at Trattoria L'incontro. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- All the way to Astoria!Whtbmw2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014After reading the great reviews on Ooen Table, I decided to schlep all the way in from Jersey to see for myself, if these rave reviews are in fact, true. Well.... they are. The service is better than in Manhatten, ('hard to believe, I know). The food is amazing. The staff is intuitively, attentive without beibg intrusive. I ate so much, I'll have to diet for one week. 'can't wait to drive 1 hour and 30 minutes to do it all again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York ItalianAndyDined on 8/10/2014Excellent choice especially for those not wanting to make the trip into the city and Little Italy. Great food, great menu, great staff. The best of New York Italian. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Walkable, safe and welcomingcreighVIPDined on 8/10/2014With an early morning flight from LaGuardia, we needed an upscale but nearby (within a mile) restaurant to our hotel (Fairfield Marriott). This is a gem. The service was truly first rate and the presentation was solid. The number of Sunday evening specials was surprisingly high. I'm sure the locals in Astoria have a high rate of frequency. It has that charm that you'd hope for in your local neighborhood!Special Features:
- cockyjeromeDined on 8/9/2014One of the best Italian Restaurants in NYC. From the numerous Salads to the Unique Appetizers, not to exclude the Delicious Entree Specials that change from day to day. Have been dining here for years and We come from New Jersey to Astoria Queens when we want something Special.Special Features:
- Best Italian diningMaria77Dined on 8/7/2014This restaurant offers the BEST Italian dining I've ever experienced. The service is excellent and the food is beyond delicious and so so fresh!!!Special Features:
- Best Italian food in the NYC areaAmysusVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is the second time in two weeks that I have dined at Trattoria L'incontro. The first time blew me away and I coudn't resist coming back for more. The quality of the food and the talent Chef Rocco has with marrying the different flavors left such an impression on me and my guest. This is hands down the best Italian restaurant around. You will not be disappointed. I suggest you don't even bother opening the menu. Your waiter will inform you of the 40+ specials and you will want to order them all!Special Features:
- luvAstoriaDined on 8/5/2014Have eaten here for years. Consistently good food & always a family favorite for special ocassionsSpecial Features:
- Amazing!ConsistentVIPDined on 8/1/2014As usual, the specials were superb. The zucchini fiowers were delicious a swell as everything we sampled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulousnyc123Dined on 7/26/2014We went for dinner and it was amazing!!!!! Great service.Special Features:
- Awesome mealperfectdinner42Dined on 7/25/2014Great meal my favorite spot in Astoria. Had the burrata the game meatballs the duck and spaghetti with lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!RafaelDined on 7/18/2014Great place and very good service, the food was tasty and the service was great, I recommend it to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattanites Dine In QueensOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Right over the 59th Street Bridge. Worth traveling to the outer boroughs. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left, a terrific experience. Everything was delicious. The service was excellent -- as though we were the only ones in the restaurant, even though it was full. Just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristinaDined on 6/24/2014Wonderful service! All of the staff were very friendly and attentive. Waiters were especially helpful - very knowledgeable and on the ball. Delicious food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot!Sean55Dined on 6/20/2014Don't even bother with the menu - wait for the specials. Waiter was extremely courteous and didn't rush us. Was happy to answer any questions or refresh us on the specials. I would definitely recommend it and will be back!Special Features:
- bossladyDined on 6/20/2014we always have a great meal whether we are alone or with friends. the chocolate pizza tops it off!!!Special Features: