Trattoria Italiana at The InterContinental San Juan
5961 Isla Verde Ave
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trattoria Italiana at The InterContinental San Juan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alfredopr.com/
- Phone: (787) 791-6100 ext. 4212
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Hector Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alfredo offers to private dining options which can accommodate from 8 - 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ruben Alvarez 7879824316
- Special Events: Please contact our catering department for special packages and offers.
A word from Trattoria Italiana at The InterContinental San Juan
Lovers of authentic and faithful Italian and American-Italian cuisine will enjoy a delightful dinner in an inviting ambiance that could only be experienced within the beauty of days and nights of San Juan, artistically combined with the mixture of carefully selected ingredients, in order to put together a delightful menu that will take your senses to the historic city of Roma You will enjoy among other typical dishes, the original “Fettuccine Alfredo” prepared by professionals right at your table, with gold set of cutlery to recreate the extraordinary dining experience of its artificer Alfredo di LelioContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Italiana at The InterContinental San Juan reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Stay AWAY!!! WASTE OF MONEY!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Service was slow and very poor. They had no problem clearing the plates, but it took several requests to get a glass of water. The lasagna I ordered was still frozen in the middle and the meat my wife ordered was under cooked. Over all BAD PLACE!!!!
- very good food, very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013very good food, very nice atmosphere and reaosnably pricedSpecial Features:
- Never got to taste food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Never got to taste food. Made our reservations on time, and when arrived a simple horrible table at the entrance of the rest. was the only table left for us. Manager did not deal with it properly. Never would go again, too expensive for the bad experience. My husband and I are frequently restaurant eaters, and would never try this one again. We felt we were very bad treated.
- Alfredo's Confusing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013The best fettucinni in PR. No kidding. Is the closest I have taste to Alfredo's in Rome. The thing is that the service is so informal and the price so high that it left you wondering if it was a good investment. Take the 3 course offer for $39.00, no liquor and you are gonna feel a bit better. Don't go with high hopes in terms of service and be warned you are going to wait a long time. But let me tell you after you taste the fettuccinni with chicken you are going to forget everything else. They need to do one of these things: either they take their prices down so people don't have high hopes in terms of the overall experience or they fix the service and put better management on the floor.Special Features:
- I normally enjoy eating atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013I normally enjoy eating at most open table restaurants. However , Alfredo's was a very poor experience. The wait staff is almost non existent. We saw 3 tables around is receive the wrong entrees including two people at our table. When the food did arrive (about an hour after we ordered in an almost empty restaurant) it was terrible. For the prices Alfredo's charges you would be better off at the Mediterranean restaurant in the same hotel. We ate there the night after and the food and service were excellent.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/15/2013We have been to Alfredo's for before many yea ago with a large group and they where Great then. This time it was just the two of us and I have to day they didn't disappoint ! The service was great our waiter was attentive without being over bearing.. We both enjoyed the crab And asparagus appetizers the asparagus was grt with the roasted lemon I could of done without the crab, it was salty and not so fresh tasting. Beside that my brick Chicken and my daughters halibut was spectacularly seasoned, we are not eating carbs And asked for only vegtables on the side and they did a nice job with different vegtables On our plate. Would Come back again even this trip if we can. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Waitress was attentive andAddalimeDined on 12/24/2012Waitress was attentive and had good suggestions. Traditional Puerto Rican Christmas dinner was excellent!
- Isla Verde GemusahotVIPDined on 12/5/2012Just go there.... our party of four loved the food. We all ordered something different. The waiter was fantastic. The wine list was fair, but worked well with what we ordered.Special Features:
- Very average. Not worth walkingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/26/2012Very average. Not worth walking from a neighboring hotel. Save your money.
- Wonderful Italian food. YouOldSaltCityAceVIPDined on 10/18/2012Wonderful Italian food. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- One of the worst experience ever!PabloDined on 6/11/2012Very low food quality, no taste at all and crazy overpriced! Terrible experience, don't go!
- Attentive service, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Attentive service, delicious food, good experience. I would return and recommend to others.
- You would think a place calledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2012You would think a place called Alfredo's, you would be able to order it. They took it off the menu. The menu was poor choices and the service was horrible to the point where the waitress was stressed. My wife ordered the ravioli which could have been a children's meal and took over an hour to get. The dessert was served before the table was cleaned and coffee took 45 minutes to get.
- although the reviews wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012although the reviews were mixed online we gave it a try as I wanted to visit and see the intercontinental hotel and my husband is not a steak guy or we would have gone to ruth chris. While the service and selection were nice, the service was way too slow for the amount of people who were there for a sat night. A very unhappy couple were complaining about the quality of their food while we were waiting and a parade of managers were trying to deal with them. I ordered the scalop/shrimp skewer and while taste was good, portion was so small and service with micro green salad. My husband ordered a large plate of rigatoni, which was side dish sized and flavorless. ( it was $20 and couldn't have cost more than $1 to make) very disappointed.
- Exellent service. The waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Exellent service. The waiter was very knowledgable and paid extra attention to my pregnant wife's concerns - he even suggested certain drinks to help her upset stomach. Great food and great service. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Food was good, but it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2012Food was good, but it was probably the worst service I've ever encountered. To start, the hostess made us wait 5-10 minutes past our reservation to be seated, despite the fact that the restaurant was empty. She then attempted to seat us directly next to the kitchen doors, until we asked for a different table. The hostess and manager proceeded to get our wine order wrong twice as well as our appetizer order wrong. When the waiter arrived to take the rest of our order, we were treated to a description of how he frequently gets in trouble at work for dropping F bombs and described the restaurants signature alfredo dish as being "like paste". It was truly the most bizarrely bad service experience we've ever had at a restaurant.
- an overpriced hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2012this restaurant was an average hotel restaurant, with unfortunately high prices. despite having many staff milling around, the service was inattentive and lacked focus. the restuarant's tagline is "Emporer of Alfredo" but the pasta dishes were adequate at best. just an overpriced hotel restaurant.
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011This was one of the worst dining experiences I can remember. We went on New Year's Eve to have a nice dinner before midnight and were completely disappointed. The server was beyond rude, telling us to order right away or our food would take "more than an hour" to come out. We ordered Veuve Clicquot and received a Moet, a mistake that was never corrected. We were unable to order wine since our server didn't come back until the end of our meal. He was too busy setting up the tables for breakfast to pay any attention to us the entire night. The food was mediocre, the atmosphere fine, but the service was absolutely unacceptable. I would never go there again and would not recommend anyone else to either.
- Caesar salad should be servedFoodCritic007VIPDined on 12/24/2011Caesar salad should be served chilled, not overdressed at room temperature, after only a few bites, we sent it back and the waiter never asked why, nor did he have it removed from our bill. Kind of pricey for pasta that really wasn't delicioso. Dessert cart is too large for the sparse list of boring desserts.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/19/2011The food was excellent! It was the first night of our honeymoon and they gave us complimentary champagne and chocolate fondue with strawberries as a surprise.Special Features:
- Was a very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2011Was a very good experience. Offered an affordable prix fixe menu that did not disappoint. Located in the vacation resort Intercontinental in San Juan, it was nice to have a laid back, nice meal without gouge to the wallet. We had the antipasto misto to start and the meats, cheeses and olive tapenade were delicious. I chose lasagna. It was fine but I found the sauce lacking in the strong tomato taste that I prefer. My husband had chicken parmesan with pasta on he side and it looked and tasted delicious. Service was a tad slow but we have come to expect that when traveling in the Caribbean. Overall, very good.Special Features:
- A true dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011A true dining experience, fresh homemade pasta, Authentic Italian food, great service, great staff, loved it so much booked dinner again for much larger party. For someone from NYC where Italian food is worldSpecial Features:
- Alfredo's is awsome !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2011We had a great time at Alfredo's at The Intercontinental - San Juan. We visited on on my wife's birthday. We asked to dine on the pool deck watching the waterfalls. Our table was ready when we arrived. The wine list was full of favorites. The Lasagna is amazing. Best pasta I've ever tasted. I also recommend the Rib Eye, tender, juicy and incredible flavor. Don't leave with out dessert, the Tirramasu is the best. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- salad and dessert were verysunseekerDined on 7/29/2011salad and dessert were very good and large portions. entrees were very small and pricey fetticini alfredo was listed as their specialty - my daughter described along the line of buttered noodles. waiter was nice, but did not give same attention as other waiters gave to their tables
- Superb dining option for thoseEquityVIPDined on 4/6/2011Superb dining option for those staying at the Intercontinental or other nearby hotels on Isla VerdeSpecial Features:
- Ths ambiance was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2011Ths ambiance was very nice but could use some softening. The service was not good at all and evryonbe seemed confused and no organisation. Took long to get drinks, did not have the wine ordered which was a Chianti in an Italian restaurant and then when the meal came they didi not know what table it was for. Sad as this could be a very nice experience.
- Went there for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2011Went there for our anniversary dinner. Made Open Table note to matre D. No mention of it by restaurant staff. Excellent food, well worth a return.Special Features:
- While there ws nothing reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/18/2011While there ws nothing really wrong with our meal. My halibut was a little dry. But theree was nothing particularly special either. Service was attentive. We were seated right on the time of our reservation. But I would guess there are better Italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- For a restaurant that chargesQdogVIPDined on 2/12/2011For a restaurant that charges the prices it does the service was poor.
- The crew made a special occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2011The crew made a special occassion an even better one. They provided a dish of chocolate covered strawberries and two glasses of champagne on the house. Osso bucco was very good... risotto was off the charts... a little pricey, but worth it on a special occasion.Special Features:
- The food was good but expensive.WisconsinDined on 1/3/2011The food was good but expensive. Fettucine Alfredo which has been advertised as "special" and "made at the table" was simply buttered noodles with some cheese. At a cost of around $20.00 this was excessive. Lamb chops were good. The food and service are fine, but the prices are too high based on what we sampled. Based on the market, it is too expensive for what you get. Would not return.Special Features:
- The food was good but nothingMRA1VIPDined on 12/31/2010The food was good but nothing special. The menu is not very extensive nor is it creative. Felt like we were in a restaurant in a hotel.
- We thought the menu was limited.KeywestguyDined on 9/9/2010We thought the menu was limited. Salads cost as much as the entrees. We wished we had gone somewhere else.
- With the exception of goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/28/2010With the exception of good ambiance, this place is a disaster in every respect.
- Pasta portions very smallCasey1255VIPDined on 4/11/2010Pasta portions very small considering their price, but greeting diners with a glass of champagne is a nice touch.
- Waitress must have been new.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2010Waitress must have been new. The live music was very distracting. Would not return
- We had been in Italy and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010We had been in Italy and had visit few italian restaurants in PR because we enjoy italian food. Alfredos restaurant on PR wasn't a good experience for us. First of all they don't have italian wines by glass and then the food don't taste italian at all. They lack the taste of the italian food and the quality of the ingredients should improved.
- ate outside but suprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2010ate outside but suprising that the hotel had people cleaning patio at 8pm at night and making noise---did not seem real busy
- In the course of 9 days, weWanderFoodieVIPDined on 3/7/2010In the course of 9 days, we had 2 completely difference experiences at this restaurant. We had dinner at Alfredo's on a Saturday night prior to 7 day cruise & would give the following ratings. Food: Outstanding, Ambiance: Very Good, Service: Outstanding, Noise: Quiet. Given we enjoyed it so well, we opted to dine at Alfredo's again for our 1 night post cruise stay (Sunday night). Our ratings are above & we were greatly disappointed to see such a drastic change in food quality (fettucine alfredo came out dry & undercooked, contrary to wonderful perfection 8 days prior). Grilled shrimp was nearly raw and icy cold when bitten into. Poor service was with a different waiter, who never asked how our meal was, so we had to ask for manager.
- Had a great dinner on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Had a great dinner on Valentine's day. Looking forward to go again. A great place to have a romantic dinner with your loved one.Special Features: