Trattoria Italian Kitchen
1850 4th Avenue West
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Trattoria Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriakitchen.ca/
- Phone: 6047321441
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am Friday - Saturday: 10:30am - 2:00am Sunday 10:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jonathon Chuy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In association with Glowbal Restaurant Group, we are proud to offer catering services for all ranges of events. Please contact us through our General Manager at (604) 732-1441.
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to book your private party and develop a menu and program to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: John Crook 6047321441
A word from Trattoria Italian Kitchen
Trattoria Italian Kitchen is a vibrant, restaurant, where contemporary design unites with casual Italian dining and a focus on sharing. Service is relaxed, knowledgeable and welcoming. The menu consists of traditional trattoria style cuisine - hand made pizzas, bruschetta, antipasto, pasta and meat platters, fresh fish and familiar Italian staple items like Forno Roasted Chicken and Veal Scaloppini with an aim to keep our menu items at $20 or less. A carefully chosen selection of 50 wines make up a list representing the major regions in Italy including Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto and Sicily. Add in a few boutique California, and British Columbia wineries and you have the perfect combination of a simple, yet comprehensive wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- sgmsgmDined on 7/19/2014The service was friendly but the food took too long to arrive after it was ordered. My friends enjoyed their meals (omelette and Panini) but my pizza and chickpea appetizer were awful. And it was very noisy.
- Not as good as beforeMickeymouseDined on 6/30/2014We came here for lunch yesterday, while the waiters were friendly and quality of the food was good, the portions were significantly smaller than before. For Spaghetti Bolognese that costs $15, the portion is too small and definitely not too filling.Special Features:
- Not impressedGirl35Dined on 5/4/2014This restaurant, though its food was good, had terrible service. The tables are crammed together allowing for more patrons but no servers to look after them. Only one server on so we couldn't even get a refill of coffee(very small cup $1.95) . Very noisy as all patrons were crowded into one area and the other side of the restaurant virtually empty. In cases like this it is not the fault of the server as she is doing the best she can, but rather management has made a poor decision in scheduling staff. What should have been an enjoyable Sunday treat was, instead, disappointing.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Trattoria Italian Kitchen reviews archive.
- Good restauranthollyDined on 3/29/2014I like this restaurant. The food is good. The service is good. Recomend.Special Features:
- decent brunch spot on 4thbruncherVIPDined on 3/15/2014not known for weekend brunch, the restaurant wasn't too busy, but the food was good, plentiful and the service was very good. will go back for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are outstandinBoscoDined on 3/6/2014The food and service are outstanding. We live in Coquitlam but make frequent trips to Granville Island and my wife and I always eat at Trattoria when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014Busy place, good food & nice atmosphere. Unfortunately, their white wine sangria needs work. They became very watery, so we never finished the pitcher.Special Features:
- Easily accommodated a veganOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2014I didn't give advance notice but when I arrived and asked if it would be possible to eat vegan, the server gave a resounding "yes" and offered several choices. My dish (pasta) was great as were the choices of my non-vegan brunch companions. It might be nice to mention right on the menu that the kitchen can offer vegan selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not as good as 2 yearsJeffDined on 12/31/2013Food not as good as 2 years ago except for the pizza. Portions are big.Special Features:
- Food was very good, pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Food was very good, prices good for what you got....but it was too loud, hard for conversation. This could easlily be fixed with some acoustical treatment, their are just to many hard surfaces. I know restaurants like it noisey to feel vibrant, but this place is too noisy to be able to have a good conversation at your table.Service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/27/2013Service was slow considering we were there for 11:30 lunch. Server managed to spill parmesan all over my coat and didn't seem the least bit bothered by that.
- Above, Beyond and then SomePersonalCookinVanDined on 11/14/2013WOW - Glowbal blew it outta the park this time, trumping their already wonderful service of the past! Our waitress (Harmony) was outstanding. I couldn't decide between the mushroom fusilli or the meatballs so - bam! - a side of meatballs on the house. Napkins always perfectly folded after each washroom visit. Fabulous suggestion for wines by the glass - and Harmony actually suggested a wine that was LESS expensive than the one I was leaning towards. Complimentary dessert as she overheard it was my birthday in a couple of days. Lent us a toonie for the meter that was added to our bill and made it much easier for my guest and I. The food, atmosphere and especially the service were truly impeccable. With thanks, NicoleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server and host were veryluv2eatVIPDined on 11/6/2013The server and host were very good. I enjoyed the Burrata pizza.
- Excellent Find!UnimpressedDined on 8/26/2013My husband and I ate at this restaurant for the first time and we were there on a Monday for lunch before a Bard on the Beach production. The noise level was very low because our reservation was for 11:30am (opening time) and there wasn't anyone else in the restaurant at that time. There were 3 or 4 other tables occupied by the time we left at 12:30pm and it was still quiet. Food was superb (authentic Italian). Service was excellent and friendly. Restaurant was clean and inviting. We would definitely return to this restaurant and would most definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one tomato, two tomato!chickenloveDined on 7/16/2013Trattoria is a good lunch spot in Kits. The tables and chairs outside are a tad worn, service good and food okay! The bruschetta sampler always a good choice but the caprese salad should be called a bowl of tomatoes with a small dollop of cheese! Waiters should warn folks that the salad laiden with tomatoes is not a good accompaniment to the bruschetta as that too has lots of tomatoes! Pleasant but not great!
- Wonderful timeFlowerChildDined on 6/28/2013The food and atmosphere we had at lunch on a Friday was fantastic. I recommend the family style share plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INVENTORY CONTROLSandyDined on 6/24/2013The only issue we had was that some menu items were unavailable as well as wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceMicheleDined on 5/15/2013This was a business dinner and we let the Chef have his creative way with the table and the experience and selection of food was awesome and prepared in such exquisite ways that everyone in the group were delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not only a great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013I had been to Trattoria several times before for dinner but never for brunch... Was I ever missing out. Brunch was amazing. I had the Brioche French Toast and it was hands down the best I've had anywhere. My mom had the Eggs Benedict and she said it is now her favourite. The really amazing part is just how reasonably priced the menu is given the quality of the food. I've had far more expensive brunches at other restaurants that weren't nearly as good. Will definitely keep Trattoria in mind as a great place for brunch, not just dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/30/2013I had a most enjoyable lunch here with impeccable service and delicious pasta. Our waitress recommended having pasta as it is the star of the menu so I had the Penne Arrabiata with burrata and it was delicious. They started us with a small amuse bouche of eggplant and burrata bruschetta, very good and a nice touch. Our waitress knew that it was my friend's birthday lunch and that she had to have gluten and dairy free so at dessert she showed up with 3 flavours of sorbet (gluten and dairy free) with a candle in it. Really nice! Two points: I really wanted a flat rose and they don't have one which is odd nowadays and the front of the restaurant has far too much glare through the window so needs light shading. Sit towards the backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We asked for the quiestestGloriaVIPDined on 4/13/2013We asked for the quiestest area, and we had it, because it wasn't busy. The pasta dishes, chosen by 3, were OK. The sherbets were pretty, but tasteless. Well-designed restaurant.Special Features:
- Love the food but the serviceDawnDined on 3/31/2013Love the food but the service in the day seems to be sliding...Special Features:
- 2 of us were there for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/20132 of us were there for lunch on a weekday. Service was satisfactory and the servers were polite but it took an hour for our 2 plates of pasta to arrive. There were several tables of customers who arrived after us who received their entire meals and paid their bills before our meals were served. We were told they were short staffed in the kitchen -sorry, customers don't want to hear excuses, that makes it worse. A busy/popular restaurant should have their staffing and operational issues taken care of -that is the root of their business! They comp'd us our meal, which was a decent jesture but this should have been done up front, once they realized their error, rather than wait for us to stew and complain and give us a free meal in response.Special Features:
- Amazing food, 4th time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013Amazing food, 4th time to this restaurant and it's a culinary delight every time. Was a little noisy due to sidewalk construction but not something they could control. Try the brussel sprouts, even if you don't like sprouts, you will be converted!Special Features:
- Perfect lunch for a winter weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013We enjoyed lunch on a cold weekend afternoon and the pasta was the perfect comfort food - rich and delicious. The waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. We would definitely go back for lunch.Special Features:
- We ate big place for 2 people.ItSatomiDined on 12/19/2012We ate big place for 2 people.It was very very good!Special Features:
- Good food - lousy atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Noise level was NOT energetic, it was deafening. Very disappointing to walk into such a setting and be assaulted by an almost unbearable din. Couldn't talk, couldn't relax. Will not take ppl there again.
- Tasty Italian Food Great Lunch SpotnlspamVIPDined on 11/15/2012Went there for lunch on a weekday to meet a friend and catch up. The restaurant had a decent size crowd, and it was very noisy. It was sometimes hard to hear my dining partner. The food was great. I had the pasta puttanesca, one of my favorite pastas. Trattoria does it well, nice and spicy. The sauce is served over your choice of pasta shape. My partner had the Linguine Gamberi (tiger prawns, capers, olives, oregano, roasted tomato aglio e olio). The presentation was excellent, and the dish tasty. We shared an insalata mista for starters, and they graciously served it in two bowls. Nice, fresh salad, great vinaigrette dressing. Service could be better. There were far too many interruptions. A minor complaint, given the great food.Special Features:
- The service was very good.RTseVIPDined on 10/13/2012The service was very good. They were able to accomodate orders from the regular menu during their brunch service. The tiramisu bread that we got for free as a starter was excellent. I don't think this is on their regular menu. Their bruschetta is also very good. The spaghetti and wagyu meatballs is just ordinary.Special Features:
- Best bang for your buck!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2012Our pasta dishes were phenomenal and the promotion made it a mile more enjoyable! The subpar service and the loud music were the only letdown to the otherwise perfect dining experience. Trattoria is nonetheless a must try when you're in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food was great... ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2012Food was great... Service was mediocre - a little more genuine smile would make us feel a bit more welcoming & would actually make us wanting to come back again & again... (rought night the day before perhaps) but we tip her 20% anyway for the great food & ambience we had. Hopefully, tips are shared with the Chef as well.Special Features:
- Usually I go for the quatroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012Usually I go for the quatro pizza (how can you go wrong with so many cheeses on a great crust?!) but I opted for the Pesto Gnocchi... and was so impressed, it's my new favourite! The service was great, very nice and also accommodating for our veggie friend. Lunch or dinner, this is one of the best.Special Features:
- I have ordered the schnitzelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2012I have ordered the schnitzel and it came burned beyond recognition. I was there however with my boss and it was my birthday too, so I just had to let go. This better be an isolated incident for a place that is renowned for the quality of its food.The young guy that served us had an "in your face attitude" - maybe irritated that we did not order alcohol. Made sure to bother us with questions every 5 minutes, and definitely sending a strong message of who's in charge here.This is a pricey place, this time you could have done better for the money.Special Features:
- Up to standard = always findHecateVIPDined on 6/19/2012Up to standard = always find it reliably excellent. Upbeat staff, excellent grilled trout.Special Features:
- Alway one of my favorite italianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Alway one of my favorite italian in Vancouver. Definately will be there again soon.Special Features:
- This was my second visit -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012This was my second visit - first time shared appies; this time brunch. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Always good, always consistent:OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2012Always good, always consistent: Alberto is a gem and we get very good traetment there. It's a favourite. Bit noisy at dinner: good for lunchSpecial Features:
- i love this place... its always604nicoleVIPDined on 2/24/2012i love this place... its always good times and good food.Special Features:
- Not bad, but I wouldn't exactlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Not bad, but I wouldn't exactly call it good either.
- Glowbal Grill is much betterFifaroniDined on 1/15/2012Glowbal Grill is much better for brunch. The food is less oily and heavy at Glowbal Grill.