217 North Jefferson
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriaisabellachicago.com/
- Phone: 3122071900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am -10:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4 p.m to 10 p.m.
Now Offering Delivery too! You can call the restaurant, place your order and we will have your food delivered to you asap!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Serratore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do have a full line of catering dishes. Please inquire within.
- Special Events: Currently, we have our Trattoria Isabella's After Work Wind Down Party!
Come in between 4-6 pm for 1/2 off one (1) appetizer.
Enjoy our amazing after work drink specials too!
- Cross Street: Lake Street
- Public Transit: Clinton green line, Union Station, Metra
Also, we have FREE PARKING AFTER 4 PM
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking evenings and weekends on Jefferson/Fulton, private lot. **says reserved, however after 4:30 the lot is open for Trattoria Isabella's guests
A word from Trattoria Isabella
From the moment you step through the door of Trattoria Isabella, you take in the best of Italian dining within a warm ,romantic, contemporary setting. The airy restaurant features floor to ceiling windows that allow natural light to flood the space. And when the weather is nice we have a palatial patio with it’s own bar , flat screen TV’s, and quaint sidewalk café. Trattoria Isabella’s extensive menu caters to many tastes, featuring appetizers, filet mignon, chicken, veal chop, seafood entrees, and homemade pasta dishes, as well as a variety of tempting desserts. We now have our very own brick oven imported directly from Italy up and running. Executive chef, Michael Serratore, returning to his roots, has created a menu that incorporated family recipes handed down through generations, to bring the taste of traditional Italian cooking to Chicago’s Fulton river district.Continued
**This restaurant requires a corkage fee of 15$ for any outside liquor.
**This restaurant requires a corkage fee of 15$ for any outside liquor.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Trattoria Isabella - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Trattoria Isabella reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (22)great for lunch (18)romantic (15)special occasion (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very poor effort!StuartBaumVIPDined on 9/10/2014The risotto was good, but other than that nothing went well for them today. The server stopped by the table, pad in hand, interrupting our conversation and asked us, "So what do you want?" Oddly, we had already ordered, from him, five minutes earlier. The iced team tasted like dishwater. The server refilled my replacement diet coke … with water. And then took my plate away before I was done without asking. It did not get better when we had to remind them that we needed our check. When I told the maitre D that "things did not go well," she replied: "I'll let management know" and then started talking to someone else. Question: Let them know *what* exactly? Likely just another bad day. But not planning to revisit soon to find out.
- Nice placeTeddyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We liked it. The nice part about their patio seating is that it is off street. The downside, when were there was a lot of helicopter noise. I hope that is not normal. The wait staff was really good. Our waitress was very good. Try it.Special Features:
- Wonderful PatioMattVIPDined on 8/30/2014Five of us had our after matinee dinner at Trattoria Isabella on their wonderful patio. We arrived early but were seated immediately. One of our members remarked he always enjoys coming here, good food and very convenient for us. Easy parking, near our homes. The food was excellent, veal, lamb, chicken, and pasta as well as Caesar salads, a pizza for an appetizer and a salad with octopus. We also enjoyed some gelato and Grandmother's cake for dessert as well as a bottle or two of red wine. I am sure we will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTIFUL PatioMmmmmVIPDined on 8/26/2014The outdoor patio was the highlight of the evening. The food was good enough. The Octopus was overcooked, rubbery. Not paced well, just started salad and entree arrived. Linguini with shrimp, tasty but missing spinach- mostly broccoli stems not florets. Veal Parm had excellent sauce. Waiter very attentive until meal arrived, then couldn't find him to get check. Ordered coffee, no one ever came back to see if I needed a refill. When we were leaving, saw waiter having cigarette break, no wonder we couldn't get our check. Food good not great but so close to Randolph corridor, needs to have more than just a pretty patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!2pinelakeDined on 8/23/2014Our group of 7 felt welcome from the moment we stepped in the door. Everyone there was friendly and fun. They were patient with a loud group and the service in the bar and dining room could not have been better. The food was excellent and all of us were first timers there. We would all highly recommend Trattoria Isabella to others and we plan on returning.Special Features:
- AverageLauraDined on 8/22/2014If someone asked me what I thought of Trattoria Isabella overall, I would say it's just "ok."
- bad service on top of mediocre foodchicagonewbiesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Bad service, simply inept, careless and clueless. Food was small portions and mediocre. Wine was actually bad. It took a half hour for the waiter to take our order, another half hour to process our payment. The time in between was spent eating the box pasta and drinking bad too warm wine. They failed to check us in for Open Table when we got there and also failed to follow through on checking us in after we noticed on the Open Table app that our showing up for the reservation was not acknowledged and specifically asked them to double check and correct it. The table next to us were complaining as well. Sad to give this review as this is our neighborhood and we wanted to have a mainstay to go to quickly.
- Great outdoor patio but...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014The waiter was so unprofessional and intrusive that it spoiled our meal. He kept interrupting us, tried to make jokes, was sloppy and silly. Would avoid him at all costs.Special Features:
- good food -poor serviceCgirlDined on 8/16/2014Well what started out as potentially great experience flamed.our as out waiter decided he was going to go brain dead. When placing the order he screws it up and then almost begged that we eat his mistake. The manager to make up for the mistake said shewould comp us a dessert but then the waiter tried to addition to our bill. Would I go back - yes - but not if that same individual served us.Special Features:
- Great place and great serviceKatherineDined on 8/11/2014Great service and nice ambiance. But three stars because food was inconsistent. Two people at my table got great pizzas and one person got an overdone slightly burnt pizza. My gnocchi was great in pesto sauce. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmedwe4foodDined on 8/11/2014The food was only fair. The chicken breast was tasteless. The sauce and the vegetables were bland, although they looked good. More looks than substance.
- EnjoyEatingVIPDined on 8/10/2014Trattoria Isabella was very good. We all enjoyed the food we ordered. It was presented nicely and it was nice being able to sit outdoors. Free parking was available, at least on the weekend when we visited. We will go again.Special Features:
- A must return visit!!ChifoodieDined on 8/10/2014Great atmosphere. Absolutely loved the outdoor seating. Service was friendly, and the food options were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningJemarquisDined on 8/8/2014You won't too many downtown restaurants with the outdoor ambiance of Tratoria Isabella. It's wonderful at night and the food is good.Special Features:
- Good experience overallLoganSquareDined on 8/5/2014A group of us from work went for lunch. All the appetizers and entrees were very good. The service was a little weird. Our server was very nice but all the other service staff seemed to be less than happy to be schlepping heavy trays around and the hosting team was pretty indifferent to us as we left. (Normally you at least get a thank you from them add you leave other restaurants.) They were sitting together at a table looking worried. It didn't really mar the meal it was just weird. I'd go back anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDTSYENGDined on 8/2/2014I USED TO FREQUENT TRATTORIA ISABELLA A LOT A FEW YEARS BACK BECAUSE I FOUND THE FOOD TASTED TO PERFECTION. UPON RETURNING THIS WEEK, I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. THE BREAD WAS GOOD ... MY ARUGULA SALAD WAS A BIT TART; MY SALMON VESUVIO WAS BLAND - WHERE WAS THE VESUVIO FLAVOR??? MY TIRAMASU WAS JUST OK - THE ONE I HAD THE NIGHT BEFORE AT ANOTHER ITALIAN RESTAURANT WAS MUCH TASTIER... OTHER THAN THE LOVELY PATIO, MY DINING EXPERIENCE WAS DISAPPOINTING.Special Features:
- TERRYDined on 7/25/2014Always good food, excellent service and a very pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- AmazinglovewestloopDined on 7/21/2014Such a sweet restaurant offering wonderful inside dining, with a fantastic outdoor experience in the west loop. Not too noisy, just perfect. The food was amazing and the care was great.Special Features:
- Nice PatioLP21VIPDined on 7/17/2014Great outdoor patio and trellis. Food is only okay. Service is friendly but slow. Good for run of the mill Italian in a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014I liked the service and location and ambience. The food just wasn't good.
- LovelyDined on 7/8/2014The service was excellent. The wine options were delicious as was the food. Highly recommend the penne arrabiata if you are looking for spice - just the right amount and the fresh mozz was a nice touch. Would definitely come back to enjoy the great outdoor patio they have.Special Features:
- GustavDined on 6/25/2014Food was outstanding. Service excellent. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Great placewsutterDined on 6/22/2014A great place ofr outdoor dining and pet friendly too!!!! Excellent food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistent foodcherylVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have been going here for years. The problem is that the quality of the food is inconsistent. One time a dish will be great, and then the next time only so-so. The owner should definitely pay more attention to the kitchen.Special Features:
- great night outsandyDined on 6/14/2014Good food, great service, I have been to this restaurant more than once and have never been disappointed. This visit we had white fish, which was very good as well as the sides, my dining partner had the lamb chops and they were excellent, both were specials for the evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Went there with a group lunch. Ordered the grilled chicken special. One of the pieces of chicken looked like it had just been defrosted - it had a black freezer burn look.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Nice atmosphere, friendly & attentive staff. Reasonably priced for a quality dining experienceSpecial Features:
- SallyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful outdoor eating area!! Food was wonderful and service was very good. We were there for dinner but my husband goes there often for lunch with clients and they always have an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Outdoor gemjoaneDined on 5/31/2014This a great outdoor dining restaurant! Really great patio and private parking lot!Special Features:
- The following 291 reviews are from the Trattoria Isabella reviews archive.
- MeemaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Service was poor, we had to send back one entree that the kitchen prepared incorrectly, and the split bill overcharged us by $50. What really surprised us was that management offered NOTHING to compensate for our particularly aggravating dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014An absolte joke. When I got the bill I told them they owed me more. Then they explained to me it was what I owed them! the pizza we had for an appetizer was just like a frozen pizza. The guy running the kitchen spend the whole night yelling and dropping f bombs and arguing with the staff. Would not recommend to Hitler would not recommend to you.
- Authentic Italian foodTinaDined on 5/2/2014Authentic Italian food, and a plus with free parking! Everything we ordered was fantastic. Decor was really nice, reminded me of our trip to Italy. Parking at night was free in private lot, and we were in walking distance of the Lyric Opera House, where we saw a play. We were able to keep our car there until we got out of the play, which was after 11pm. Excellent choice for dinner/theater!Special Features:
- UninspiringdadwritesVIPDined on 5/1/2014Trattoria Isabella is in the neighborhood, so I end up there a few times a year when I'm looking for a convenient place to meet someone for lunch. After several visits, though, I just can't recommend it. There's nothing wrong with the place. The service is good and portions are ample enough. It's just that there is nothing particular to recommend it as a destination. Last time out, for example, I was in the mood for tradition, so I ordered the pasta Bolognese. Spaghetti with meat sauce; how could you go wrong? Well, it was not much different from the version I could get in any Greek diner in the city. This is a nice place with nice people and good service, so I want to like it more...but it would help if they could punch up the recipes.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014We were 8 people and the service was great. The food was great and the waitstaff were interactive and honest in their recs Stone pizza oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Nice amount of menu choices, great specials, reasonably priced. Good for friends' night out or romantic dinners.Special Features:
- Great lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Delicious food and friendly service. Very welcoming and quiet enough to hear your guest from across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayLocalDined on 2/14/2014The food, wine, and overall service were good, but the restaraunt was very overbooked with reservations. Our 8:30 reservation quickly turned in to more than an hour wait at the bar, as earlier diners lingered over their glasses of wine and dessert. I don’t think the restaurant did an adequate job of predicting longer table times when they were taking reservations, and as a result, we waited to be seated for nearly an hour and twenty minutes despite our reservation. I am sure that this is limited problem due to Valentine’s Day, but not much was done to make up for our excessive wait. The service was otherwise good, as was the food and wine, but such a long wait definitely impacted the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YikesMattDoughertyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day, so maybe it was an outlier, but… throng of people waiting to be seated, no hostess in sight for first 20 minutes there. Told to wait in bar area to be seated, then almost got passed over to be seated by people with later res times (terribly unorganized). Seated almost an hour late. Couldn't make a pomegranate martini for my girlfriend, and was unable to bring me silverware or tablecloth for entire meal. Told server we were going to order a bottle of wine only to not see her again for 90 minutes. Highly NOT RECOMMEND.
- Overcrowded, bad, bad, Servicejoeyp3Dined on 2/14/2014Service was horrible, food ok, sat us next to the wait station with with employee iPad booming. Waiter thought I was joking when I asked to be moved. Did I mention the service was horrible
- Excellent choice for family outingBradDined on 1/3/2014Never knew this restaurant existed. But now that we have been there, we will be back. Excellent food in a very comfortable setting. We went on a cold winter night and found the restaurant warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.