Trattoria Il Panino
11 Parmenter Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria Il Panino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriailpanino.com/
- Phone: 6177201336
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marisa Iocco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is divided into 3 sections where any one of them could be made available to a private event.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Vatistas 8774652086
A word from Trattoria Il Panino
Trattoria Il Panino is the kind of place that one would expect to find along the Amalfi Coast. It is a warm, friendly, unpretentious and a food-focused environment. From the casual and positive energy of the atmosphere and waitstaff, to the serious and professional energy of the kitchen, the front and back of the house form a desirable marriage. Il Panino is what it is, thank God!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Il Panino reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- My favorite North End restaurantJasonDined on 10/10/2014Looking for s great Italian restaurant in the North End? Look no further than Trattoria Il Panino. Great dishes at affordable prices, friendly knowledgable staff, and a great wine list. My favorites are the calamari, PACCHERI AL RAGU, and MOM'S QUATTRO CARNI RAGU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CosmoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great waitstaff, very attentive and friendly Old was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!fromNHtoBostonDined on 10/4/2014We went to the North End for my Son's 19th Birthday dinner. We were not let down the service was outstanding (Roberto) the food was Excellent, we will certainly make the trip back for dinner soon.Special Features:
- Food Yes - Service NoTakenCareVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had set a business dinner for this restaurant based on other reviews. We waited 20 minutes to be seated for our 8pm Reservation and sat there for another 15 minutes before being served. The Wine was Great, Appetizers were great - but it took 30 minutes to get them. The Entrees were exceptional but they arrived at 930pm. When we asked what had happened - the Server said that she held the order so we could talk more. My client was so frustrated that he ask that we never go there again.Special Features:
- North End GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Trattoria Il Panino has the most amazing Lobster Ravioli! All of the homemade pastas are incredible. The lasagna is 11 layers of the thinnest pasta I have ever seen. The service was perfect, and the wine was delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Was recommended to me by a friend that hasn't been there in a long time, so I am assuming that they may have changed the chef, because the food was not up to par, I was looking forward to have their food and was very disappointed.
- Great and Authentic Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014This is probably the most authentic Italian place I have ever been to in the North End! Not expensive yet still is a very nice restaurant. Great service, quick service (but you don't feel rushed), ambiance is great!Special Features:
- Great foodCK259Dined on 8/18/2014The restaurant is noisy & busy & the food is great. A bit rustic, but that's part of the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End GemWeekenderDined on 8/6/2014Went back twenty years after first time and - not often this happens - but was better than our memories. Osso bucco is crazy good; braised till it melts from the bone with the richest sauce ever. This may be the best OB on the planet (yes, Milan, I mean you too). Risotto Milanese on the side was good too. Lobster & pasta also superb. Good service; liked the outdoor dining (basement is cosy in the winter). Deserts are good too; cannoli is good - in a neighborhood known for cannoli. Wine list is decent; smallish, mostly Italian (of course) - appropriate & good value. This is one of the best in the North End; less tourist trap, more authentic, with its own style and voice. Skip Hanover St and turn down Parmenter; you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but CrowdedpopsDined on 7/31/2014Food was good but we were seated in back of outdoor dining area near rear door that led to alley. We should have waited for better table. Food was very good and so was service but not a place for an intimate or peaceful dining experience.Special Features:
- Not what I asked forNorthEndDDined on 7/30/2014I specifically asked for a table outside, and I wasn't given one. I also ordered the cheapest bottle of wine ($32-absurd price), and they claimed to not have that either. The waiter returned to my table with a $50 bottle of wine that he claimed he would charge me $32 for, and shockingly he charged me $50 for it.Special Features:
- Truly Italian foodPeony5VIPDined on 7/21/2014This is, indeed, Italian food the way Italians cook it. Everything was authentic and delicious. We were cheerfully welcomed, promptly served, and although the place is very noisy, it had an intimate feel! Service was professional and we were not rushed..we were allowed to savor each course appropriately. Only one complaint: dessert offerings were rather rich - a fresh fruit option would have been appreciated (and truly Italian.) We will return.Special Features:
- North end gemomnivoreDined on 7/18/2014Mario was our attentive, knowledgable waiter. Someone else started with us who was too attentive. He came to our table every 2 minutes asking to take our order when we were plainly not ready, then he disappeared. Mario arrived, talked us through their specials and our choices, gave us time and was a perfect resource. The food was excellent and the portions were too generous if anything. The lobster and trumpet pasta was scrumptious. We will return.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysDenaDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I have traveled to Boston several times and each time we are sure to have reservations before we even leave town. The food is amazing and the staff seem to be pluked straight from Italy. It's not a quiet place but that isore than half the fun I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Everything is spectacular . My fourth visit and food/service is perfect. You must make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meals and staff!MikeVIPDined on 7/9/2014Had the best frutti di mare of my life here. Coming from a family of fishermen, I know my seafood - everything was cooked to perfection. Everyone in my party loved their meals. We also split an eggplant parm appetizer which was delicious. I'll definitely bring visitors back here since its also a more affordable option in the north end without all the commotion that a place like Giacomo's or Daily Catch brings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian SeafoodFabulousVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had Sunday lunch at the restaurant and had a very nice experience. Service was good and prompt. We started with salad and smoked salmon appetizer. The thinly sliced salmon was on a plate with olive oil. Never had it this way before, but it worked. I had the baby octopus with tomatoes. I was expecting sautéed dish, but it came out in tomato broth. It was very tender and tasty. My husband had the grilled seafood platter with grilled vegetables. His meal was very large and flavorful. We enjoyed our lunch and would go back again. The bathroom is very small one stall. Handicap person could not get in there.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemjaybVIPDined on 6/27/2014Every time I'm in the North End, I find time to visit this hidden gem. Tucked away off Hanover on Parmenter, this authentic Italian restaurant provides a great taste of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 770 reviews are from the Trattoria Il Panino reviews archive.
- What a treatRandyJVIPDined on 6/20/2014A great trattoria off the main road in the North End. Go to practice your Italian and leave having had a great dinner. My Penne was fantastic and though I dined alone I was treated with the same care as those who had more at their table. Elegant, old world place. Definitely felt like I was on a road trip in Italy. I could easily have forgotten I was in Boston.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014the food was pretty good but it was spoiled by the service. This was a Father's Day dinner, so I wanted a nice meal for my father (who also hates to wait). Of course they ran out of the dish he ordered so he put in a second order -- the ravioli special with the thought it would come out quickly so we could all eat together. No. The dishes came out one at a time, with a good 5-10 minutes between each dish. The honoree got his about half an hour after my mom received the first plate. There didn't seem to be much concern on the part of the staff. With the slow service, the food should have knocked me over but it was just average for the North End. So many great restaurants in that neighborhood. I won't return to Trattoria Il Panino.
- Night in the North EndLindy4Dined on 6/13/2014Delicious food, very good and friendly service. Seats kind of uncomfortable but worth putting up with that for a very good North End experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in BostonBostongalVIPDined on 5/18/2014Trattoria Il Panino is my now favorite restaurant in Boston. They always seat patrons on time, service is friendly, and efficient. The pasta is very fresh, the sauces are tasty, and the specials are exceptional. I love this place!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantTorontoPamDined on 5/11/2014My friends and I, all of us from Toronto, took a trip to Boston. We wanted to find a restaurant in the North End that would capture the spirit and fun of Little Italy and were not disappointed. The hostess was wonderful - funny and lighthearted - and our Italian waiter, Salvatore, took good care of us. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner...Datenite58Dined on 5/8/2014We went here for our 15th anniversary. The lobster with pasta was insanely good as was the calamari and of course the wine. It's a very casual atmosphere. The service is laid back but attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian food for sureworldfoodie711Dined on 5/7/2014We had a great meal at Il Panino the other night. Service was excellent - we asked her to pace the meal a bit slower than normal so that we had time to chat and she was great at timing the courses. We started with the baby octopus with white wine and garlic, then split the porcini mushroom ravioli, followed by the vitello saltimbocca. Everything tasted very good, but I was glad we shared the plates because they were so big! They do not have a long wine list but our selected wine was fabulous. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Brilliant Birthday DinnerOpheliaDined on 5/7/2014My friends and I went to celebrate their birthdays and it was an amazing night. The food was amazing! The waitress was a delight and helpful in every way. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Great place to eatskeffDined on 4/27/2014This is a part of town that has so many great places to eat, but Trattoria Il Panino has to rank in my top three. If your looking for a romantic white tablecloth dinning this is not the place. If your looking for great food, friendly staff and traditional Northend feel this is your place.Special Features:
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Great italian food served in individual skillets. Loved the meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLetsnotcookDined on 4/18/2014We had a memorable meal but sat near a table of people that were extremely loud! It made it difficult to talk or really enjoy ourselves. We asked to be moved but nothing was available. Service overall was attentive and we never felt rushed. They even accommodated another person after we were almost finished with our meals! Food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I come here every time I amTexasDined on 4/11/2014I come here every time I am in Boaton and am never disappointed. It is always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IL Panino never disappoints.MJR1Dined on 4/10/2014IL Panino never disappoints. From the friendly greeting, attentive wait staff, great wines and service to the most important - excellent food expertly prepared and served, Il Panino is the perfect place. Even though small in the main room(my favorite) you never feel over crowded or cramped. Like dinning with good friends all around. The fettechini with pesto is the best in the North End! Veal Saltimboca also excellent.. I have never had anything I have not liked and that dish becomes my favorite until I try another dish. Great value and eating experience.Special Features:
- Nice and authentic ItalianGiacomoDined on 4/8/2014The food was very good (please note that I am Italian): I had a bresaola carpaccio and pasta panna prosciutto; my wife had shrimps al limoncello and then a mixed grilled fish. Everything was fresh, well cooked and the plates looked nice. The waiters were nice and open and spent a long time talking to us about their stories, how they came to the US, etc. It was all very nice and personal. However, just to be clear, they did not waste any time and we had dinner in about one hour. The Chianti wine they suggested was excellent. We spent $55 each including tip. Very affordable for a romantic birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewsfssamborDined on 4/6/2014My dinner was absolutely delicious and one of the best pasta dishes I have every tried, but my two friends were less than satisfied. This of course is based on personal tastes. As for the service, we were overcharged by $8 for the bottle of wine we ordered and the waitress was presumptuous in serving us bottled water for $5 instead of tap water (which is great in Boston). Trying different places in North End is always a hit and miss and, despite the great reviews, next time I will probably stick with one of our favorites instead of Tratoria Il Panino.
- Great dinnerMilkmanDined on 4/5/2014Seated immediately, Server a bit slow in getting to the table initially. Food was fantastic!! Need to consider a full bar, only serve beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host was very accommodating,TemoDined on 4/3/2014Host was very accommodating, but there is a limited number of decent tables. Would still go back but will wait for warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am from NJ. I picked thisbenjaminDined on 3/28/2014I am from NJ. I picked this restaurant based on the menu I saw on line. I was with friends and we all loved this place. Food was fantastic and our waitress Antonella was excellent. I wish I lived closer so I can eat there with all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDeanDined on 3/28/2014We went off the menu and asked for chicken marsala rather than veal - no problem, and it was delicious! Also, we had ziti as a side and the sauce was very flavorful. Desert connoli also delicious. Only drawback was no cappucino, but cafe americano was great (but only milk; no cream) Overall, a great meal and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBerryGoodDined on 3/27/2014I had dinner with a colleague/friend before heading over to Fenway. We had an early reservation so the restaurant was not busy. The servers were attentive and friendly - we felt welcome and and the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella ItaliarettsgramDined on 3/25/2014My husband and I were transported back to our month long stay in Italia when we visited Trattoria Il Panino . Bread was so, so good, the calamari perfectly cooked, the zucchini blossoms a special treat and the pasta fagiole dense, flavorful and hearty. A wonderful lunch for a very cold and quiet winter day. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedRingerluVIPDined on 3/23/2014We tried Il Panino for a date night, and we probably won't go back. I wouldn't rule it out for life, but date nights are so rare that it's really a bummer when it's a disappointing experience. We were seated next to the soda/wine cooler, which really killed any potential ambiance. The ceasar salad was fine, nothing special. The chicken parm was rubbery, definitely nothing special. The mushroom ravioli was fabulous and we devoured every bite. I agree with a previous reviewer that the bread was stale. They must have cut it early in the night and let it sit out. The service was okay in that the server was polite. They brought us the wrong meal 3 times (yes, 3) before they eventually brought us what we ordered.