3687 Sagunto Street, #C
Santa Ynez, CA 93460Neighborhood:
Santa Ynez Valley
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriagrappolo.com/
- Phone: 8056886899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Curti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater 12 to 200 hundred guests for any special occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Please refer to our website at www.trattoriagrappolo.com and look under "private dining" and then "saletta" to view our 4 menus that we are happy to serve to you and your 48 guests for any occasion. http://www.trattoriagrappolo.com/private_dining
- Private Party Contact: Leonardo Curti 8056886899
- Entertainment: We offer cooking classes and special dinner events as well as catering.
A word from Trattoria Grappolo
Trattoria Grappolo is a casual Italian bistro located in the wine-producing region of Santa Ynez, California (2 hours North of Los Angeles). Grappolo is the perfect place to enjoy with family and friends. Walk though the door and a savory aroma of freshly baked pizza and simmering tomato sauce teases the senses. The combination of the pastoral ambiance of Italy with the lush vine fields and oak-studded hills of Santa Ynez helps create the ideal setting to serve up some of Central California's most creative and authentic Italian dishes. Specialties include: Carpaccio, Rollino Veneto - rolled-up pizza pouches stuffed with smoked mozzarella and radicchio - handcrafted pastas and pizzas, aged New York steaks, rack of lamb, and fresh seafood dishes. Desserts such as lavender creme brulee and warm chocolate torte with espresso anglaise are a hit with guests. Trattoria Grappolo features an expansive wine list, and a large VIP wine cellar that accommodates 40 for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Trattoria Grappolo - Best Restaurants in Santa Ynez Valley ›
Trattoria Grappolo reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (67)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (43)special occasion (41)romantic (36)great for lunch (25)good for groups (24)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Trattoria GrappoloOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014The food was delicious and the service friendly. We shared a roasted beet and spinach salad that was large enough for two and very tasty. The goat cheese was extremely creamy and added a nice piquant touch to the salad. The tortelloni were incredibly light and tender. The spinach and ricotta filling was very delicate and the pasta was cooked to perfection! I asked for a side of bolognese sauce that really complimented the butter and sage sauce that came with the dish. It added an extra level of flavor and texture without overpowering the dish. It also cut some of the richness of the sauce that was already on the plate. I have been craving the dish for the last two days. I can't wait to to go back and order the same pasta! YummmmmSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceChuckDined on 10/10/2014We are long time patrons of Trattoria Grappolo, and with good reason. The ambience is warm and relaxing, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious and beautifully presented. We have gone there with friends, family groups, and mostly, as a couple for a date night. It has always been a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Like an old friendchrisVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dined with friends early Friday evening. All was perfect ....The Special Branzino was amazing, as was the New York which was sliced and presented beautifully. Service spot on.Special Features:
- DoodleVIPDined on 10/7/2014Consistantyly good and a great - and well priced - wine cellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding night outMGdinerDined on 10/5/2014Highly recommended fine restaraunt in the Santa Ynez Valley. Wonderful Italian fare based on the owner's authentic family recipes. Food, wine and service top notch. We had friends with us from out of town and this was the 3rd time we have come to Grappalos with them. Always the highlight of their visit. Michele provided best service and conversation. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Santa Ynez DiamondHarleySBDined on 10/4/2014We make a reasonable habit of biking over from Santa Barbara to the Trattoria Grappolo. It's a great motorcycle ride with a perfect destination. The food is always excellent, atmosphere great - the only downside is the service. If you're willing to wait to get water/order and then minimal attention during the meal, you will be a very happy camper. Otherwise bring your patience; however the food is worth the wait for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Delicious food and great service. I would recommend Trattoria to friends and family.
- Great Food and ServiceLiz4lunchDined on 9/29/2014The food was outstanding. I had the veal special and it was outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive and made sure everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:
- Definitely would go again!luvagreatmealDined on 9/26/2014Perfect for dinner after a day of wine tasting. We'll be back on our next visit to Santa YnezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping away.SyfoodieDined on 9/25/2014The quality of both the food and the service has declined since the change in the service method. What used to be attention to the customer seems to have been replaced by a mad rush to get you in and out. Servers don't even bother with pleasantries , they rush through the specials like bored auctioneers and vanish , only to re-appear to hawk the dessert. Too bad, there was a time when your waiter and staff made you feel valued. This attitude shift has effected the cuisine as well, rendering it hit-and-miss at best. As is usually the case, this is a result of management's inattention to detail and lack of passion.
- buffalobobDined on 9/17/2014A lovely restaurant tucked away in scenic Santa Ynez. The seafood ravioli in a spicy tomato sauce was excellent as was the stuffed calamari. Even the bread which graces each table was first rate. And, the dessert, and almond pear concoction with vanilla bean ice cream was delicious. Definitely a restaurant I will return to whenever I am in the area.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!LizzDined on 9/13/2014We had a FABULOUS time!!! The employees were WONFERFUL, always checking in on us and making sure we had everything we wanted/needed. Our waitress was AMAZING, making sure our drinks were always filled, etc/ The food was SUPER TASTY and GOOOOOD. I LOVED the attention we got from them, always making sure we were comfortable. It was our 12th year anniversary and they gave us a little BEAUTIFUL chocolate dessert to share in celebration of the occasion. I WILL DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS GEM-OF-A-PLACE and surely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedlewgenVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a very nice lunch, the food was good, but not as good as usual. The waiter was a little surly (not sure why) and wanted to rush us out as soon as possible, even thought the restaurant was not busy (lots of empty tables). We have dined here on many occasions and never had this happen before. I would still recommend going here. I think this was just an aberration.Special Features:
- JSFBUGDined on 9/11/2014We were there last Thursday evening (9/11/14). We have been to this restaurant on 3 other occasions, and love the food and atmosphere, and usually the service great. This time however, it was not. The waiter took our wine/appetizer order. Halfway through the appetizeer the waiter still hadn't served us our wine. It finally came halfway through our salads. The waiter never came by to enquire how everything was. We then got our main courses and they still didn't remove the appetizer plate or the salad plates. It was the waiters b'day and I think his mind was elsewhere. The corner where we were seated was freezing. When I asked the busboy if he could turn down the air he turned down the ceiling fan. Overall very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tmp3Dined on 9/8/2014Reliable good food, great service. Can be noisy inside, but the porch is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServicelocalfoodieDined on 9/7/2014We have dined at Trattoria Grappolo several times. The food and service are dependably good. On our latest visit, a special occasion, our serving staff was wonderful, providing thoughtful extra touches. The meals were delicious, too! We highly recommend Trattoria Grappolo for any occasion - it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent Itaian a DiningLove2DineoftenDined on 9/6/2014We truly enjoyed this local, conveniently located to our hotel gem. The restaurant was unpretentious and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Everyone in the family loves it!ValleyGatorDined on 9/4/2014We don't go out to eat much. When we do Grappolo is a favorite and everyone in the family loves it. The food is always excellent and the service, even when they get overwhelmed, is always excellent. This isn't a large restaurant and we prefer to sit on the porch as it can get a little noisy inside (but it seems that everywhere you go in the valley can be). You hate telling people about places like this because it can add to the waiting time for a table, but everyone should enjoy one of the valley's best places to eat. The only complaint is that they used to serve a coconut ice in the shell that my daughter loved. Luckily by the time desert comes around there are plenty of other items that she is satisfied with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuRoadWarriorDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful selection of items to please any palate. Generous portions. Excellent, personal service.Special Features:
- 1st time & totally enjoyed it!CosmoGalDined on 8/30/2014I'm not much for words but food was amazing! Hubby had the ciopino (I told him I'd travel 200 miles to have it..especially in cold months. The broth was made perfectly) & I had the homemade raviolis..delish!! Not just the average squared ravioli. They make it unique!! Oh! And we shared their dinner salad which we both enjoyed! Freshly made & their dressing was outstanding!! We were visiting the wine country & had heard about this place so we made reservations & glad we did!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findLove2eatDined on 8/23/2014We were recommended to eat here by our hotel manager. The food was excellent and we had a bottle of local wine which was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm Area Restaurantklk3Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing service!! The waiters have worked there for many years and the owner is there to personally see that you have every thing you need. The table next to us were all local winemakers and they each brought a couple of bottles of THEIR wines to share with their group, it was someone's birthday, I think. They shared their wines with us and we loved it so much we had to drive down to the wine ghetto to purchase a few bottles. We ordered the carpaccio to start, it was delicious. The eggplant wasn't very flavorful, but it could have just been that particular eggplant, it happens to me at home too. The linguine and clams was good, but overall, we had an excellent experience with both service and the ambiance. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria grappolo - a great findBigJDined on 8/16/2014We found Trattoria Grappollo almost 8 years ago on a wine tasting trip with some friends. We've been going back ever since. The food is always delicious, the service impeccable, and did I mention the food is delicious? Once you have the sage tortelloni there is no going back! If you are in the area, make sure you try this gem for sure.Special Features:
- Trattoria GrappolobookjjwormDined on 8/15/2014We are never disappointed when we eat here. We are about 1 and 1/2 hours away. We have had both lunch and dinner. Our favorite place to eat when we come to wine taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in wine countyPangurBanVIPDined on 8/9/2014On a recent wine tasting trip we dined at Trattoria Grappolo. My wife had the Salmon, which she said was the best she has ever eaten. I had the Sole Piccata, which was outstanding. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The side dish of roasted root vegetables and sauteed spinach were also excellent. The butternut squash soup was delicious as was the Cesar salad. The atmosphere is energetic and feels as if you've been invited into someone's Italian kitchen. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteChuckDined on 8/8/2014As ever, Grappolo's menu is wonderful, the specials vary, and the food is delicious. Service is consistently excellent with no waiting for courses, but no feeling of pressure or hurry. The wine list is impressive. The ambience is charming. We can't recommend Grappolo highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodFrankieDDined on 8/7/2014Came back after having my sons rehearsal dinner party 2 years ago. Food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For DinnerTonyDined on 8/7/2014We have been to Trattoria Grappolo at least 5 times since we moved to the Santa Barbara area. The service, food and atmosphere are fantastic! This is one of our favorite restaurants. We give Trattoria Grappolo the highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Great place for quiet dinnervisitorsviewDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinning on the porch. It was a slow-paced, unhurried dinner with great food and wine. Unlike many restaurants, they did not rush us to eat and get out. Instead, we were able to relax and enjoy each other's company without the waiter trying to hurry us. The food was great as was the wine. I highly. recommend it, especially if you want to spend time with someone you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCencalfarmerDined on 8/5/2014I received several great reviews from friends and family but never found the opportunity to make the drive to Santa Ynez during the summer until now. What a hidden gem. Great food and service you would expect in Santa Barbara, LA, SF or other culinary cities. Located next to the Maverick Saloon it's non descript exterior blends in. We will be back. One recommendation: make sure you have a DD. The wine list is superb. Worthy of full tasting. The drive back to SB is treacherous. Be on the safe and legal side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A locals favoriteBallardDined on 8/4/2014Trattoria Grappolo is off the beaten path unless you're local or know the area. It is worth the find for fresh Italian food.Special Features:
- Amazing pizza prosciutto crudolivnlargeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Stopped here for dinner on a whim and luckily could get a reservation. What a wonderful dinner!! We all shared the pizza and it was delicious. We all wished we had another one to share it was so good. Also had the fettucine bolognese and a shrimp scampi pasta special. It was all so fresh and tasty! Cannot wait to be back in Santa Ynez to eat here again!Special Features:
- YEP!WorldBitesDined on 8/2/2014GOOD EATS! Always a treat when in the Valley. There's no 'hoity-toity', just down home Italian country fare... Nice wine list, too... Definitely try the house label bottle.Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeLocalFanDined on 8/2/2014We had a guest in from out of town who was a vegetarian and decided to go to Grappolo. In spite of having a reservation there was a short wait to sit outside and a long wait for inside. We sat outside next to the Maverick Saloon. It was OK for a while but the saloon also has outside seating and allow smoking which we then had to endure occasionally. 2 of the 3 dishes had sage and brown butter sauce. The sage was excessive, included the stems and the butter was not browned. The third dish was acceptable but not great. The waitress offered to redo the dish to our satisfaction to have there or as a to-go (very nice service), but we refused. She brought us a dessert as compensation that was very good. The service was very good.
- Favoritedfg1Dined on 8/1/2014We come here every time we visit Santa Ynez and the valley and they never disappoint. The food is always fantastic and this time our waitress was amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent FindHaloHonksDined on 7/30/2014This was recommended from my wife's company...and they were right! Excellent all around. Ate there twice on a 4 day tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian!PopstarmomDined on 7/29/2014We live in Glendale, Ca. but I have brought my husband here for his birthday for the past 4 years. This year my daughter and her three kids were visiting from Hawaii and were doing the college tours. Since we were checking out UCSB, I decided to treat the family to my favorite Italian Restaurant in this region . . . Trattoria Grappolo. We ordered 3 dishes and ate family style ( fettucini carbonara, lemon chicken and a wonderful pizza). My daughter confirmed that it was every bit as delicious as the restaurants we ate in during our visit to Tuscany. And, since 3 of us were celebrating birthdays, we ordered several desserts, made our wishes and blew them out. Another fabulous birthday celebration!Special Features:
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was great. Service not so hot. Never saw waitress until check timeSpecial Features:
- GrappoloFNG00Dined on 7/26/2014Grappolo has been a favorite of mine ever since my first visit and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently delicious and fresh. The challenge for me is to find the time to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good-Food-A Little DifferentLompocTomDined on 7/25/2014Very good food. A little different than 'common' Italian fare. All those thing are there, but they are more unique in the style of preparation from what you would expect at OG or American Italian restaurants. Tables are close together, but it was easy to converse with the next table if you were so inclined, but the closeness was not obtrusive to a private dinner, which ours was.Special Features: