3687 Sagunto Street, #C
Santa Ynez, CA 93460Neighborhood:
Santa Ynez Valley
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriagrappolo.com/
- Phone: (805) 688-6899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Curti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater 12 to 200 hundred guests for any special occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Please refer to our website at www.trattoriagrappolo.com and look under "private dining" and then "saletta" to view our 4 menus that we are happy to serve to you and your 48 guests for any occasion. http://www.trattoriagrappolo.com/private_dining
- Private Party Contact: Leonardo Curti 8056886899
- Entertainment: We offer cooking classes and special dinner events as well as catering.
A word from Trattoria Grappolo
Trattoria Grappolo is a casual Italian bistro located in the wine-producing region of Santa Ynez, California (2 hours North of Los Angeles). Grappolo is the perfect place to enjoy with family and friends. Walk though the door and a savory aroma of freshly baked pizza and simmering tomato sauce teases the senses. The combination of the pastoral ambiance of Italy with the lush vine fields and oak-studded hills of Santa Ynez helps create the ideal setting to serve up some of Central California's most creative and authentic Italian dishes. Specialties include: Carpaccio, Rollino Veneto - rolled-up pizza pouches stuffed with smoked mozzarella and radicchio - handcrafted pastas and pizzas, aged New York steaks, rack of lamb, and fresh seafood dishes. Desserts such as lavender creme brulee and warm chocolate torte with espresso anglaise are a hit with guests. Trattoria Grappolo features an expansive wine list, and a large VIP wine cellar that accommodates 40 for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trattoria Grappolo - Best Restaurants in Santa Ynez Valley ›
Trattoria Grappolo reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (46)special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (35)great for lunch (25)good for groups (23)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great FoodAJANDLJDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I came in for a day from the Los Angeles area. We decided to have dinner at this place because of its great reviews. I am going to say that the reviews are correct. Our food was delicious and the portions were generous. My husband had the pork chops which he stated he could have done without the potatoes. I had the linguine with shrimp, which I loved. The only downside to our experience was our waiter. He wasn't as friendly as he was with other patrons and he took longer to come by to take our order. I am going to say that the other staff members were friendly and courteous, as well as the other patrons who made conversation with us while we were waiting to get our food. Overall, I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMattVIPDined on 11/16/2014I usually don't write reviews, but this visit was really disappointing given the reputation (and my past experience) of Trattoria Grappolo. The basics are what was missing on this visit. The waiter (older man) spent the entire visit talking to another table with two young women. I think all the service related issues stem from that... Rather than explain what he didn't do, I'll tell you what he did do. He took our food order and ran my credit card (after another waiter tried to do it for us). To top it off he ran my credit card for the wrong table (charged over $100 when my actual check was around $50). However, the bus boys took care of us when they could. This was a special trip to Santa Ynez because we had such a good experience the last time. Unfortunately the rude service offset the good food. The fact that a manager didn't correct this behavior suggests a lack of standards. While I hope this was an anomaly, I can't recommend Trattoria Grappolo.Special Features:
- So glad we found this place.breadcrumbsDined on 11/14/2014The food brought us back for Saturday night's meal instead of our original reservation at a place up the road. Loved the eggplant dish and the carpaccio salad. Eric was the most enjoyable server along with his son helping out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go for a perfect dining experience.NonyaVIPDined on 11/13/2014We went to celebrate a 65th birthday. This restaurant was a dining pleasure. The waiter was warm and friendly with good suggestions on what to order. The wine was good and the food was better. The arugula salad was the best I have ever had and the pasta dishes were as well. Everything was excellent, food,wine,dessert and especially the service. We can't wait to go back and enjoy another fine meal when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceJRSoCalRiderDined on 11/8/2014Grappolo's was able to take my group of 9 diners at the last minute on a Saturday night. Amazing, we were so appreciative that they put us in the Wine Cellar. It was a very cozy room with warm atmosphere. The serving staff were supporting and helpful. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicelclee70Dined on 11/5/2014Have been coming to Grappolo every time we visit the area and it's still one of our favorite spots. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rushed dinnereatsinCalDined on 11/1/2014Dining on a Saturday night might be titled "Fast Food"! Our orders were taken and food was on the table within minutes. Entres were served within 5 minutes of the appetizers. This was not a dining experience. The food was ample and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Classic Italian restaurant in scenic Santa Ynez. Good food with a solid wine list.Special Features:
- Excellentluv2eatatbarDined on 10/24/2014We are fans of sitting at the bar and this is not a traditional bar with bartender, but a seating venue to observe the kitchen staff make the most amazing meals! Hand tossed pizza crusts and roasted veggies in the hot oven-divine!Special Features:
- Great evening once again.ValleyGatorDined on 10/24/2014Since it was just the 2 of us we decided to go out for dinner. As always the food was excellent and the service could not be better. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & serviceChuckDined on 10/24/2014We are long time fans of Trattoria Grappolo. The menu is varied, the food is delicious, the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Trattoria GrappoloOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014The food was delicious and the service friendly. We shared a roasted beet and spinach salad that was large enough for two and very tasty. The goat cheese was extremely creamy and added a nice piquant touch to the salad. The tortelloni were incredibly light and tender. The spinach and ricotta filling was very delicate and the pasta was cooked to perfection! I asked for a side of bolognese sauce that really complimented the butter and sage sauce that came with the dish. It added an extra level of flavor and texture without overpowering the dish. It also cut some of the richness of the sauce that was already on the plate. I have been craving the dish for the last two days. I can't wait to to go back and order the same pasta! YummmmmSpecial Features:
- Great as ever.SaraDined on 10/11/2014I returned here and was more pleased than ever. The important thing is that locals dine here not just the tourists. Everyone is treated well. The atmosphere is very friendly and the food was really special.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceChuckDined on 10/10/2014We are long time patrons of Trattoria Grappolo, and with good reason. The ambience is warm and relaxing, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious and beautifully presented. We have gone there with friends, family groups, and mostly, as a couple for a date night. It has always been a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Like an old friendchrisVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dined with friends early Friday evening. All was perfect ....The Special Branzino was amazing, as was the New York which was sliced and presented beautifully. Service spot on.Special Features:
- DoodleVIPDined on 10/7/2014Consistantyly good and a great - and well priced - wine cellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding night outMGdinerDined on 10/5/2014Highly recommended fine restaraunt in the Santa Ynez Valley. Wonderful Italian fare based on the owner's authentic family recipes. Food, wine and service top notch. We had friends with us from out of town and this was the 3rd time we have come to Grappalos with them. Always the highlight of their visit. Michele provided best service and conversation. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Santa Ynez DiamondHarleySBDined on 10/4/2014We make a reasonable habit of biking over from Santa Barbara to the Trattoria Grappolo. It's a great motorcycle ride with a perfect destination. The food is always excellent, atmosphere great - the only downside is the service. If you're willing to wait to get water/order and then minimal attention during the meal, you will be a very happy camper. Otherwise bring your patience; however the food is worth the wait for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Delicious food and great service. I would recommend Trattoria to friends and family.
- Great Food and ServiceLiz4lunchDined on 9/29/2014The food was outstanding. I had the veal special and it was outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive and made sure everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:
- Definitely would go again!luvagreatmealDined on 9/26/2014Perfect for dinner after a day of wine tasting. We'll be back on our next visit to Santa YnezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping away.SyfoodieDined on 9/25/2014The quality of both the food and the service has declined since the change in the service method. What used to be attention to the customer seems to have been replaced by a mad rush to get you in and out. Servers don't even bother with pleasantries , they rush through the specials like bored auctioneers and vanish , only to re-appear to hawk the dessert. Too bad, there was a time when your waiter and staff made you feel valued. This attitude shift has effected the cuisine as well, rendering it hit-and-miss at best. As is usually the case, this is a result of management's inattention to detail and lack of passion.
- buffalobobDined on 9/17/2014A lovely restaurant tucked away in scenic Santa Ynez. The seafood ravioli in a spicy tomato sauce was excellent as was the stuffed calamari. Even the bread which graces each table was first rate. And, the dessert, and almond pear concoction with vanilla bean ice cream was delicious. Definitely a restaurant I will return to whenever I am in the area.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!LizzDined on 9/13/2014We had a FABULOUS time!!! The employees were WONFERFUL, always checking in on us and making sure we had everything we wanted/needed. Our waitress was AMAZING, making sure our drinks were always filled, etc/ The food was SUPER TASTY and GOOOOOD. I LOVED the attention we got from them, always making sure we were comfortable. It was our 12th year anniversary and they gave us a little BEAUTIFUL chocolate dessert to share in celebration of the occasion. I WILL DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS GEM-OF-A-PLACE and surely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedlewgenVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a very nice lunch, the food was good, but not as good as usual. The waiter was a little surly (not sure why) and wanted to rush us out as soon as possible, even thought the restaurant was not busy (lots of empty tables). We have dined here on many occasions and never had this happen before. I would still recommend going here. I think this was just an aberration.Special Features:
- JSFBUGDined on 9/11/2014We were there last Thursday evening (9/11/14). We have been to this restaurant on 3 other occasions, and love the food and atmosphere, and usually the service great. This time however, it was not. The waiter took our wine/appetizer order. Halfway through the appetizeer the waiter still hadn't served us our wine. It finally came halfway through our salads. The waiter never came by to enquire how everything was. We then got our main courses and they still didn't remove the appetizer plate or the salad plates. It was the waiters b'day and I think his mind was elsewhere. The corner where we were seated was freezing. When I asked the busboy if he could turn down the air he turned down the ceiling fan. Overall very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tmp3Dined on 9/8/2014Reliable good food, great service. Can be noisy inside, but the porch is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServicelocalfoodieDined on 9/7/2014We have dined at Trattoria Grappolo several times. The food and service are dependably good. On our latest visit, a special occasion, our serving staff was wonderful, providing thoughtful extra touches. The meals were delicious, too! We highly recommend Trattoria Grappolo for any occasion - it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent Itaian a DiningLove2DineoftenDined on 9/6/2014We truly enjoyed this local, conveniently located to our hotel gem. The restaurant was unpretentious and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Everyone in the family loves it!ValleyGatorDined on 9/4/2014We don't go out to eat much. When we do Grappolo is a favorite and everyone in the family loves it. The food is always excellent and the service, even when they get overwhelmed, is always excellent. This isn't a large restaurant and we prefer to sit on the porch as it can get a little noisy inside (but it seems that everywhere you go in the valley can be). You hate telling people about places like this because it can add to the waiting time for a table, but everyone should enjoy one of the valley's best places to eat. The only complaint is that they used to serve a coconut ice in the shell that my daughter loved. Luckily by the time desert comes around there are plenty of other items that she is satisfied with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuRoadWarriorDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful selection of items to please any palate. Generous portions. Excellent, personal service.Special Features:
- 1st time & totally enjoyed it!CosmoGalDined on 8/30/2014I'm not much for words but food was amazing! Hubby had the ciopino (I told him I'd travel 200 miles to have it..especially in cold months. The broth was made perfectly) & I had the homemade raviolis..delish!! Not just the average squared ravioli. They make it unique!! Oh! And we shared their dinner salad which we both enjoyed! Freshly made & their dressing was outstanding!! We were visiting the wine country & had heard about this place so we made reservations & glad we did!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findLove2eatDined on 8/23/2014We were recommended to eat here by our hotel manager. The food was excellent and we had a bottle of local wine which was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm Area Restaurantklk3Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing service!! The waiters have worked there for many years and the owner is there to personally see that you have every thing you need. The table next to us were all local winemakers and they each brought a couple of bottles of THEIR wines to share with their group, it was someone's birthday, I think. They shared their wines with us and we loved it so much we had to drive down to the wine ghetto to purchase a few bottles. We ordered the carpaccio to start, it was delicious. The eggplant wasn't very flavorful, but it could have just been that particular eggplant, it happens to me at home too. The linguine and clams was good, but overall, we had an excellent experience with both service and the ambiance. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria grappolo - a great findBigJDined on 8/16/2014We found Trattoria Grappollo almost 8 years ago on a wine tasting trip with some friends. We've been going back ever since. The food is always delicious, the service impeccable, and did I mention the food is delicious? Once you have the sage tortelloni there is no going back! If you are in the area, make sure you try this gem for sure.Special Features:
- Trattoria GrappolobookjjwormDined on 8/15/2014We are never disappointed when we eat here. We are about 1 and 1/2 hours away. We have had both lunch and dinner. Our favorite place to eat when we come to wine taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in wine countyPangurBanVIPDined on 8/9/2014On a recent wine tasting trip we dined at Trattoria Grappolo. My wife had the Salmon, which she said was the best she has ever eaten. I had the Sole Piccata, which was outstanding. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The side dish of roasted root vegetables and sauteed spinach were also excellent. The butternut squash soup was delicious as was the Cesar salad. The atmosphere is energetic and feels as if you've been invited into someone's Italian kitchen. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteChuckDined on 8/8/2014As ever, Grappolo's menu is wonderful, the specials vary, and the food is delicious. Service is consistently excellent with no waiting for courses, but no feeling of pressure or hurry. The wine list is impressive. The ambience is charming. We can't recommend Grappolo highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodFrankieDDined on 8/7/2014Came back after having my sons rehearsal dinner party 2 years ago. Food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For DinnerTonyDined on 8/7/2014We have been to Trattoria Grappolo at least 5 times since we moved to the Santa Barbara area. The service, food and atmosphere are fantastic! This is one of our favorite restaurants. We give Trattoria Grappolo the highest recommendation.Special Features: