3687 Sagunto Street, #C
Santa Ynez, CA 93460Neighborhood:
Santa Ynez Valley
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriagrappolo.com/
- Phone: 8056886899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Curti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater 12 to 200 hundred guests for any special occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Please refer to our website at www.trattoriagrappolo.com and look under "private dining" and then "saletta" to view our 4 menus that we are happy to serve to you and your 48 guests for any occasion. http://www.trattoriagrappolo.com/private_dining
- Private Party Contact: Leonardo Curti 8056886899
- Entertainment: We offer cooking classes and special dinner events as well as catering.
A word from Trattoria Grappolo
Trattoria Grappolo is a casual Italian bistro located in the wine-producing region of Santa Ynez, California (2 hours North of Los Angeles). Grappolo is the perfect place to enjoy with family and friends. Walk though the door and a savory aroma of freshly baked pizza and simmering tomato sauce teases the senses. The combination of the pastoral ambiance of Italy with the lush vine fields and oak-studded hills of Santa Ynez helps create the ideal setting to serve up some of Central California's most creative and authentic Italian dishes. Specialties include: Carpaccio, Rollino Veneto - rolled-up pizza pouches stuffed with smoked mozzarella and radicchio - handcrafted pastas and pizzas, aged New York steaks, rack of lamb, and fresh seafood dishes. Desserts such as lavender creme brulee and warm chocolate torte with espresso anglaise are a hit with guests. Trattoria Grappolo features an expansive wine list, and a large VIP wine cellar that accommodates 40 for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Trattoria Grappolo - Best Restaurants in Santa Ynez Valley ›
Trattoria Grappolo reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (57)great for outdoor dining (41)notable wine list (40)special occasion (39)romantic (30)great for lunch (27)good for groups (18)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Creative MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Wonderful selection of items to please any palate. Generous portions. Excellent, personal service.Special Features:
- Excellent findLove2eatDined on 8/23/2014We were recommended to eat here by our hotel manager. The food was excellent and we had a bottle of local wine which was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm Area Restaurantklk3Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing service!! The waiters have worked there for many years and the owner is there to personally see that you have every thing you need. The table next to us were all local winemakers and they each brought a couple of bottles of THEIR wines to share with their group, it was someone's birthday, I think. They shared their wines with us and we loved it so much we had to drive down to the wine ghetto to purchase a few bottles. We ordered the carpaccio to start, it was delicious. The eggplant wasn't very flavorful, but it could have just been that particular eggplant, it happens to me at home too. The linguine and clams was good, but overall, we had an excellent experience with both service and the ambiance. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria grappolo - a great findBigJDined on 8/16/2014We found Trattoria Grappollo almost 8 years ago on a wine tasting trip with some friends. We've been going back ever since. The food is always delicious, the service impeccable, and did I mention the food is delicious? Once you have the sage tortelloni there is no going back! If you are in the area, make sure you try this gem for sure.Special Features:
- Trattoria GrappolobookjjwormDined on 8/15/2014We are never disappointed when we eat here. We are about 1 and 1/2 hours away. We have had both lunch and dinner. Our favorite place to eat when we come to wine taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in wine countyPangurBanVIPDined on 8/9/2014On a recent wine tasting trip we dined at Trattoria Grappolo. My wife had the Salmon, which she said was the best she has ever eaten. I had the Sole Piccata, which was outstanding. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The side dish of roasted root vegetables and sauteed spinach were also excellent. The butternut squash soup was delicious as was the Cesar salad. The atmosphere is energetic and feels as if you've been invited into someone's Italian kitchen. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteChuckDined on 8/8/2014As ever, Grappolo's menu is wonderful, the specials vary, and the food is delicious. Service is consistently excellent with no waiting for courses, but no feeling of pressure or hurry. The wine list is impressive. The ambience is charming. We can't recommend Grappolo highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodFrankieDDined on 8/7/2014Came back after having my sons rehearsal dinner party 2 years ago. Food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For DinnerTonyDined on 8/7/2014We have been to Trattoria Grappolo at least 5 times since we moved to the Santa Barbara area. The service, food and atmosphere are fantastic! This is one of our favorite restaurants. We give Trattoria Grappolo the highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Great place for quiet dinnervisitorsviewDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinning on the porch. It was a slow-paced, unhurried dinner with great food and wine. Unlike many restaurants, they did not rush us to eat and get out. Instead, we were able to relax and enjoy each other's company without the waiter trying to hurry us. The food was great as was the wine. I highly. recommend it, especially if you want to spend time with someone you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCencalfarmerDined on 8/5/2014I received several great reviews from friends and family but never found the opportunity to make the drive to Santa Ynez during the summer until now. What a hidden gem. Great food and service you would expect in Santa Barbara, LA, SF or other culinary cities. Located next to the Maverick Saloon it's non descript exterior blends in. We will be back. One recommendation: make sure you have a DD. The wine list is superb. Worthy of full tasting. The drive back to SB is treacherous. Be on the safe and legal side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A locals favoriteBallardDined on 8/4/2014Trattoria Grappolo is off the beaten path unless you're local or know the area. It is worth the find for fresh Italian food.Special Features:
- Amazing pizza prosciutto crudolivnlargeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Stopped here for dinner on a whim and luckily could get a reservation. What a wonderful dinner!! We all shared the pizza and it was delicious. We all wished we had another one to share it was so good. Also had the fettucine bolognese and a shrimp scampi pasta special. It was all so fresh and tasty! Cannot wait to be back in Santa Ynez to eat here again!Special Features:
- YEP!WorldBitesDined on 8/2/2014GOOD EATS! Always a treat when in the Valley. There's no 'hoity-toity', just down home Italian country fare... Nice wine list, too... Definitely try the house label bottle.Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeLocalFanDined on 8/2/2014We had a guest in from out of town who was a vegetarian and decided to go to Grappolo. In spite of having a reservation there was a short wait to sit outside and a long wait for inside. We sat outside next to the Maverick Saloon. It was OK for a while but the saloon also has outside seating and allow smoking which we then had to endure occasionally. 2 of the 3 dishes had sage and brown butter sauce. The sage was excessive, included the stems and the butter was not browned. The third dish was acceptable but not great. The waitress offered to redo the dish to our satisfaction to have there or as a to-go (very nice service), but we refused. She brought us a dessert as compensation that was very good. The service was very good.
- Favoritedfg1Dined on 8/1/2014We come here every time we visit Santa Ynez and the valley and they never disappoint. The food is always fantastic and this time our waitress was amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent FindHaloHonksDined on 7/30/2014This was recommended from my wife's company...and they were right! Excellent all around. Ate there twice on a 4 day tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian!PopstarmomDined on 7/29/2014We live in Glendale, Ca. but I have brought my husband here for his birthday for the past 4 years. This year my daughter and her three kids were visiting from Hawaii and were doing the college tours. Since we were checking out UCSB, I decided to treat the family to my favorite Italian Restaurant in this region . . . Trattoria Grappolo. We ordered 3 dishes and ate family style ( fettucini carbonara, lemon chicken and a wonderful pizza). My daughter confirmed that it was every bit as delicious as the restaurants we ate in during our visit to Tuscany. And, since 3 of us were celebrating birthdays, we ordered several desserts, made our wishes and blew them out. Another fabulous birthday celebration!Special Features:
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was great. Service not so hot. Never saw waitress until check timeSpecial Features:
- GrappoloFNG00Dined on 7/26/2014Grappolo has been a favorite of mine ever since my first visit and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently delicious and fresh. The challenge for me is to find the time to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good-Food-A Little DifferentLompocTomDined on 7/25/2014Very good food. A little different than 'common' Italian fare. All those thing are there, but they are more unique in the style of preparation from what you would expect at OG or American Italian restaurants. Tables are close together, but it was easy to converse with the next table if you were so inclined, but the closeness was not obtrusive to a private dinner, which ours was.Special Features:
- The place for Italian in SYOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2014This was my third time dining at Grappolo and it was good as ever. We sat on the front porch - which I highly recommend on a warm night - and shared linguine bolognese and a margherita pizza. Both were very good although my hubby thought the pizza was too heavy on the cheese. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to anyone visiting the area. It's a local favorite.Special Features:
- Italian GemBillTCaliforniaDined on 7/12/2014An overall wonderful dining experience. The place is located in a small strip mall next to what appears to be a country western bar. Easy to think you are in the wrong place at first. We sat outdoors on the porch area of this small restaurant with tablecloths and plastic chairs. The service was great and the food was even better. Everyone was very friendly and even the owner came by to see how we were doing. All of the food was great, yet what really stuck out was their bread and olive oil. They serve a foccacia type bread with a crispy outside and soft inside- amazingly fresh. What made it even better was their special house olive oil. It is olive oil with garlic, sage and rosemary and must be experienced. A new favorite!Special Features:
- Well worth the drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We drove to Trattoria Grappolo from Santa Barbara (about 40 mins) and it was worth every minute (it's a lovely drive). We found it recommended on Open Table and we were not disappointed. We shared a Margherita pizza (as good as any in Italy), my husband had the half roasted chicken, I had the filet of branzino with shaved crispy potatoes on top. Heaven on a plate on BOTH counts! Everything was PERFECT; the seasoning, the presentation, the quantity (generous), and the service was lovely. There were a lot of regulars, plus some newbies like us, but you know if you return you'll be remembered and treated like a regular on your second visit. We did not have a better meal in Italy - cannot recommend highly enough!Special Features:
- a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014We have eaten at Grappolo a few times before. It was just not up our past visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeMytime2Dined on 7/11/2014We have eaten at this place 3+ times. After driving for 5 hours was looking forward to a roasted chicken & pasta dinner. Table that I made reservations for was not steady & slanted. After ordering, chicken was very dry and hard as if it was left too long under hearing lamps. When requested for a new one, was told all the chickens where cooked the same way & no reason to get the same thing. Just get something else. My past was light in the sause as well. Maybe a very bad night or a new chef.? No help was given. Disappointing. Left hungry but may try again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestAnthonyDined on 7/3/2014.... Italian food I have had anywhere; ever... The ravioli is to die for!Special Features:
- BzooDined on 6/30/2014Amazing as Always! We have been dinning at Grapoplo's since we moved to the Valley in 2001. The serve is always professional but warm. The food is outstanding. The ambiance is elegant but comfortable. I noticed servers that have worked at Grapolos since I started dinning there. That is a sign they take good care of their staff and in return their staff take great care of their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014Dinner with parents...they raised their eyebrows from the appearance out front. Once seated and the wine arrived, everything was GREAT! Great service, GREAT FOOD (Eggplant special), and a nice breeze coming thru the patio area. This IS a great find...I will say no more (I want to be able to get a table the next time I am in Santa Ynez!)Special Features:
- Perfect endingFoodieRickyDined on 6/25/2014After a wonderful day of wine tasting, our party of 5 stopped for lunch and were treated professionally and to a delicious meal that exceeded our expectations. Thank you for a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheers StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Great food and great service. We were in town celebrating my mom's birthday and the our waiter was very attentive and sweet to our mom. We noticed that the wait staff and chef knew a lot of guest coming in to dine. It was like the tv show "Cheers". The atmosphere was warm, inviting and friendly. The hostess was gracious and lovely. It was our first time here and everyone made us feel like we were regulars. Next time we are in Santa Ynez we will definitley return to Trattoria Grappolo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014Wine cost was too high. Hostess was not very friendly and seemed unorganized. Waiter and bus service was very good. Inside seating seemed romantic but we sat outdoors and it seemed dirty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our meal of stuffed calamari & veal piccata. There was a good selection of wine too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As everChuckDined on 6/20/2014Grappolo is our favorite restaurant anywhere -- consistently great food, interesting & delicious special menu items, warm & efficient staff, charming ambience.Special Features:
- Not authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Nothing fresh or flavorful. Pork chop Milanese was deep fried. All dishes lacked flavor. Nice service. Bad food. Cheap atmosphere.
- Grreeaatt!!!EnricoDined on 6/19/2014Great food, great service, extensive wine list, the outdoor seating a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSbSlainteDined on 6/11/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here and the staff ere great. The stuffed calamari appetizer is unique and amazing. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysQueenieVIPDined on 6/9/2014So satisfying to get really good, authentic Italian. Molto bene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and vibeVamptillcueDined on 6/8/2014Not only was the food superb but they play classic jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Enjoyment!jjc654Dined on 6/5/2014We enjoyed great food ... great service .... great wine ... and great price! A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.