21 Bryant Ave.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriadiane.com/
- Phone: (516) 621-2591
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: (Supper Prix Fixe) 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Durkin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer several different rooms to accommodate private parties. Our main dining room can seat up to fifty people while our upstairs dining room can hold up to sixty five, For smaller parties, the cafe and the upstairs ante room each offer seating up to twenty five. To find out more about our private events please contact at 621-2591.
- Private Party Facilities: For smaller parties, the cafe and the upstairs ante room each offer seating up to twenty five. To find out more about our private
- Special Events: to book your special event please contact, Jimmy Berrezueta Restaurant manager or Laura Hoos catering manager 516 621 2591
A word from Trattoria Diane
Trattoria Diane is a Roman-style, family-run restaurant. We have developed our menu and space to reflect the casual, inviting and friendly spots we have enjoyed on our trips to the Eternal City. The menu offers our take on the traditional Roman menu with its verdure, fritti, antipasta, primi and secondi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Diane reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (96)fit for foodies (74)special occasion (57)romantic (40)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious food, too noisy for meLynBDined on 11/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the food that I had (kale salad, salmon), but found it hard to hear my friends. The room is beautifully decorated with contemporary art, but nothing to absorb sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Our meal was delicious and the service was attentive and polite. Our appetizers and entrees were served at a perfect pace. And the dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and consistantSignNDineVIPDined on 11/21/2014Always a pleasant experience---very consistent. A menu change-up is in order. Tuscan pot roast always good as are the desserts from the bakery next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn boyhood friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014We were a group of eight. Waiter good care of us. One ordered a meal that was not on the menu. Another was able to get a vegan meal. Food and wine very good. We were able to stay at our table for as long as we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElleDined on 11/20/2014DEFINTELY GOING BACK. THE CHICKEN UNDER THE BRICK WAS JUICY AND FULL OF FLAVOR. I W AS WITH 3 OTHERS WHO ALSO ENJOYED EVERY LAST BITE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diane's is a gem.kendigramVIPDined on 11/16/2014Love eating here as the food is always delicious. And the Sunday Prix Fixe is always a great deal. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014We were seated upstairs which was nice...less noisy..We ordered a bottle of wine which the restaurant did not have in stock. Their loss because then we just ordered 2 glasses of wine and the waiter never asked if we would like another. Our appetizers came our extremely quickly and the meal followed just as quick. We were finished with our apps and entree in 45 minutes. Then they immediately brought over the dessert menus..I asked for a few minute to relax but i guess the waiter never heard me say it. All in all the food was very good and so was the dessert, but the service was a little lacking as we had to ask for water refills as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria DianeVivian830Dined on 11/9/2014I went on Sunday night to Diane's for the first time during restaurant week. The restaurant is warm and friendly, but it did feel crowded and noisy. I thought the chopped salad, chicken under a brick and 3 berry pie were all excellent choices for me and would recommend them. I hope to go back on a quieter evening.Special Features:
- Bayville40Dined on 11/9/2014I've passed your restaurant many times and wondered how the food was. I finally experienced it and you won another patron. My experience was great.. You will see me there frequentlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableFoodie2Dined on 11/8/2014Went there on Saturday night to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries .....we were a party of 6. The service was terrific, everyone enjoyed their meal and we all had a great time! Thank you again for sitting us ina relatively quiet corner! We will be back.....Special Features:
- Trattoria DianeTeam917Dined on 11/8/2014I took my wife here for her birthday on Saturday evening. We were promptly seated. I asked for a table upstairs as the lower level was a bit too loud for a nice dinner for two. Food was very good! We split the vegetable tasting appetizers. My wife had the spaghetti bolognese and I had the special short ribs. Delicious all around! My wife's pasta tasted like fresh noodles were used and the short ribs, which were served on a base of mashed potatoes with carrot slivers, was wonderful. Pull apart with a fork meat, favored nicely. For dessert we shared the brownie and the three berry pie. My wife loved both and I agree the brownie was tasty but the pie was good but not awesome but I'm a bit of a pie snob. All in all a really good evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very goodNonnaDined on 11/6/2014I had the duck and it was perfect. My companions loved their meal. The service was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip from(almost)anywhereLenfromRoslynHarborDined on 11/1/2014Whether you're local or you have to travel to Roslyn, it's worth it to eat at Diane's. Whatever you're in the mood for from steak to fish to pasta to chicken--you can have it, and you can have it delicious! Portions are generous, prices are fair, and it's all served by a professional waitstaff in a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- the worst experiencerichardVIPDined on 10/30/2014the service was absolutely awful. the yellow fin tuna was grilled like a loaf of bread. the chicken parmesian was deeply fried and smothered with tomato sauce. the pasta was barely warm and at no time did the waiter ask if we would like some grated cheese. the diver scallops were salty. must complement the bottled flat water. will never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014excellent food and service as always. They never disappoint . The desert list is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieDined on 10/24/2014downstairs could be a bit noisy but upstairs was lovely. Had a great meal and met some friends. We were the last to leave the restaurant but were left alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedPearlDined on 10/24/2014We felt we were rushed through dinner. No pace except hurry and turn over the table. Lost us as a customerSpecial Features:
- Great food, Service not so muchmolly212Dined on 10/19/2014The food was great. The service was interruptive. Our waiter was unprofessional and disorganized. We're it not for the quality of food, I wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMyfavoriteDined on 10/18/2014Been going there for years. The food is always great, ambiance is classy with a sophisticated clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as alwaysFrankGVIPDined on 10/17/2014Can always be sure to have an amazing meal here - I have yet to find one dish that is not exceptional. Service is among the best anywhere, with a welcoming and friendly host and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014outstanding food and very good service restaurant is always on top of it's game.Special Features:
- Diane's TrattoriaFoodieeditorDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful restaurant, wonderful food and service. The crispy duck and the three berry pie are some of our favorites. Great appetizers too. At the top of our "favorites" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBrigDined on 10/12/2014Loved it all--food, service, ambiance. Will visit againSpecial Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Can't beat the prix-fixe dinners. The choices are many & varied, so there's something for everyone to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicyspicyDined on 10/11/2014the carbonara was bland. chicken (brick) was not tender. frito misto was good.
- Great dinner!!!marciagirlVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great night-great service and the food was relish. loved the early bird tooooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014Consistent food that does not disappoint. Nice wine list and service make it an excellent choice for dining in Nassau county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth re-visitingdeb59Dined on 10/4/2014We haven't been here for a while, and I am glad we went back- the food was delicious and the service was great! The only thing needing improvement was the bar... we had a cocktail prior to sitting down- my cosmo was very average..and my friend had vodka, cranberry and a splash of soda- she couldn't even drink it..(canned cranberry? old seltzer on tap?) not sure why...bartender didn't seem to care less-- too bad.Special Features:
- food consistently satisfyingKarinDined on 10/3/2014the menu changes and the changes are varied, not the same old items. We had 4 different entrees and they were all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food delicioushockeymomDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicious and waitress was lovely. The only complaint was that in our party of 6 not all of our appetizers nor entrees were brought out at the same time. They should have figured out a way to utilize an extra set of hands to make sure everyone in our party was served at the same time so some of us did not have to sit and wait.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good, but did not reach the standard you'd expect from their prices. Service was rushed.Special Features:
- Delicious food!!luv2eatoutDined on 9/18/2014First time at the restaurant. Everything was very good and the portions generous. Would love to go back again.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Lovely menu - excellent prix-fixe on Sunday. Wait between appetizer & main course was too long - but everyone enjoyed dinner. Being affiliated with a bakery, the dessert choices were numerous & excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and unpretentiousBb2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014There is a quiet elegance about this restaurant, the dining room has clean lines and warmly lit which we love. The host and hostess welcome you with warm smiles and always accommodating. A well concocted menu with varied offerings surely to pleased anyone. The food is fresh and deliciously prepared. Desserts are scrumptious! Their Sunday Prix Fixe dinner is the best deal in town.Special Features:
- A Winner for more than 2 decadesLenfromRoslynHarborDined on 9/13/2014Owned by the head chef and the pastry chef, Diane's has a loyal following, yet still attracts new fans weekly. There's something for everyone on the menu, and although it doesn't change much, there's enough variety that regulars never tire of it, and nubies can't help but be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great charming placeGmenluv2dineDined on 9/7/2014Charming restaurant with excellent food. Excellent for special occasions. Have outdoor seating as well.Special Features:
- Loved Food but a bit PriceycustomcDined on 9/6/2014We all really loved what we ate and our waiter Dave was very nice. It was quite expensive for the kind of place it is. For four people the bill was $265 and this was BEFORE the tip (each had A drink, an appetizer, a main dish, 1 coffee, 1 cappaccino and shared ONE dessert). Be careful 4 little pieces of biscotti is $10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diane's is staleChuckDined on 9/6/2014This place has been around for a long time and Diane should either close it or put some life back into it. The menu is drab, although the food is reasonably well prepared, the place is tired and the service is terrible. This will be my last visit unless something changes.
- PamBVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites and never disappoints. The food is always consistantly wonderful and I love the atmosphere. I always recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014First time eating there. Didn't know what to expect. Enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.