21 Bryant Ave.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriadiane.com/
- Phone: 5166212591
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: (Supper Prix Fixe) 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Durkin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer several different rooms to accommodate private parties. Our main dining room can seat up to fifty people while our upstairs dining room can hold up to sixty five, For smaller parties, the cafe and the upstairs ante room each offer seating up to twenty five. To find out more about our private events please contact at 621-2591.
- Private Party Facilities: For smaller parties, the cafe and the upstairs ante room each offer seating up to twenty five. To find out more about our private
- Special Events: to book your special event please contact, Jimmy Berrezueta Restaurant manager or Laura Hoos catering manager 516 621 2591
A word from Trattoria Diane
Trattoria Diane is a Roman-style, family-run restaurant. We have developed our menu and space to reflect the casual, inviting and friendly spots we have enjoyed on our trips to the Eternal City. The menu offers our take on the traditional Roman menu with its verdure, fritti, antipasta, primi and secondi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Diane reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (24)good for groups (15)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- foodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Lovely menu - excellent prix-fixe on Sunday. Wait between appetizer & main course was too long - but everyone enjoyed dinner. Being affiliated with a bakery, the dessert choices were numerous & excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and unpretentiousBb2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014There is a quiet elegance about this restaurant, the dining room has clean lines and warmly lit which we love. The host and hostess welcome you with warm smiles and always accommodating. A well concocted menu with varied offerings surely to pleased anyone. The food is fresh and deliciously prepared. Desserts are scrumptious! Their Sunday Prix Fixe dinner is the best deal in town.Special Features:
- A Winner for more than 2 decadesLenfromRoslynHarborDined on 9/13/2014Owned by the head chef and the pastry chef, Diane's has a loyal following, yet still attracts new fans weekly. There's something for everyone on the menu, and although it doesn't change much, there's enough variety that regulars never tire of it, and nubies can't help but be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great charming placeGmenluv2dineDined on 9/7/2014Charming restaurant with excellent food. Excellent for special occasions. Have outdoor seating as well.Special Features:
- Loved Food but a bit PriceycustomcDined on 9/6/2014We all really loved what we ate and our waiter Dave was very nice. It was quite expensive for the kind of place it is. For four people the bill was $265 and this was BEFORE the tip (each had A drink, an appetizer, a main dish, 1 coffee, 1 cappaccino and shared ONE dessert). Be careful 4 little pieces of biscotti is $10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diane's is staleChuckDined on 9/6/2014This place has been around for a long time and Diane should either close it or put some life back into it. The menu is drab, although the food is reasonably well prepared, the place is tired and the service is terrible. This will be my last visit unless something changes.
- PamBVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites and never disappoints. The food is always consistantly wonderful and I love the atmosphere. I always recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014First time eating there. Didn't know what to expect. Enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StrangermcmeDined on 8/22/2014We chose Diane's because the food is good and its a classy place. As such you would expect the music to follow suit. However, about half way through our meal, this "rock" music comes on and ithe volume is louder than the previous music. The music that followed wasn't good either. Very disappointing. And, I like rock music but not in this setting.
- Lovely atmosphere-food to matchMyra1myraDined on 8/22/2014Friendly yet refined service in this serene restaurant . Perfect for conversation or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant!RoslynDined on 8/22/2014Trattoria Diane is the place to go in Roslyn for a consistently good dinner. The menu,service and decor are wonderful. If you are able to dine early the prix fixe menu is a great value. All desserts are delicious beyond description!Special Features:
- nealDined on 8/17/2014Terrific bargain. Food was excellent with good choices and preparation. Surprisingly good wine selection. Inexpensive, to the point of how can the do it so well so cheaply.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We were at Trattoria Diane on Saturday night. As expected, the food was wonderful. What added to our dining experience, however, was our server, Dave. the upstairs room was very obviously busy but you wouldn't know that from our server. He was always readily accessible to us, with an upbeat personality and was very knowledgeable about the menu. His menu suggestions were on point and he truly added to our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at DianeChasGDined on 8/16/2014Food was good, service was okay. Waiter brought my wife the wrong salad and then gave her a look that said that he couldn't have heard the wrong thing. Right salad came out in a bit an things were fine for the rest of the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria Diane'sPamBVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a favorite of mine and never disappoints. The food and service is consistantly great and the menu selection is always terrific. I always recommend this restaurant to everyone. We eat here consistently and always love it!Special Features:
- RAF2210Dined on 8/16/2014Great time and fun for all of us. I had good reviews from those of us 10 that attended our dinner. We will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunflowerDined on 8/16/2014Bar tenders do not know what they are doing. Wait staff has no idea how to communicate drink orders to bar tenders.Special Features:
- A teasure to keepBb2eatVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great value for your money without compromising quality of food, service and ambiance. Fabulous prixe fix Sunday dinner and nice outdoor patio with privacy. Definitely our family's new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Really like the atmosphere but am disappointed that the menu NEVER changes. It is getting boring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Trattoria DianekendigramVIPDined on 7/27/2014Always delicious food, great service. First time we had their Sunday dinner and we truly enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- LouiseDined on 7/24/2014Lovely white tablecloths Excellent service and foodSpecial Features:
- Roslyn's BestDodgersWillVIPDined on 7/20/2014A wonderful dining experience every time. Sunday night prix fixe is terrific value. The outdoor dining area adds to the charm. Tuscan pot roast is their signature entree.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Repeat PerformanceSteveDined on 7/19/2014We always seem to make a repeat performance at Trattoria Diane. The food is always outstanding and it's a great place to go with friends, especially if you hope to be able to have a conversation. The Pork Chop was amazing as was the Chicken Parm. We all started with a great Chopped Salad which was very fresh and tasty. Although we all shared just one dessert, it was excellent! Same room! Priced fairly!Special Features:
- Fantastic!SBeattyDined on 7/18/2014Wow blew away my expectations! Food was great, portions were perfect, staff was like clockwork and personable, Zero complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous value +excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014The Sunday night prix fixed menu is fabulous. Varied, large portions. Great value. A gem in Roslyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Our DinnercustomcDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I at the last minute decide to come to Trattoria Diane. We got a reservation and was very please with everything. We did not realize they had outdoor dinning and when we did they did everything to accommodate us. We were able to eat outside and what a great space. The staff was so nice and the food was great. The only negative I would give it was it was a bit pricey for what it is.Special Features:
- SunflowerDined on 7/12/2014Food great. Service great as far as filling water glasses and clearing table. Waiter was inexperienced. Didn't know what vodka selections the bar had and once our round of drinks were finished we were never asked if we would like another round with our meal ! Too bad because restaurant lost out on two more drinks from the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sunday prefix menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Little worried when we walked in left standing at the hostess stand for about 10 minutes nobody approached or helped us .Once they did come over it was as if we were bothering the host. But once we were seated outside things got much better our server was great and the food even better Sunday nights $29.95 prefix menu was awesome. I would go back in a minute started off rocky but turned out great.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 7/4/2014As Always the wait staff is attentive. The food is delicious & the atmosphere is like being at your favorite friends home. Looking forward to another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- lauriejcotLauriejcotDined on 6/28/2014we have been here many times and always had a good experience. However, this past Saturday night the service was terrible! It took forever for the server to take our order, and then when the meal came they brought one of our diners the wrong entree. My husbands steak was raw and it took a while to get it cooked. Then they brought the wrong dessert. Not sure what happened but it was an off night at Diane's. We will give them another chance as we are hoping it was just an isolated incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestdevoteeDined on 6/25/2014Food and Service are excellent...save room for desert!Special Features:
- Great local findjlkjswDined on 6/22/2014Dianne's rivals any resteraunt in he city. The menu is diverse as is the wine list. The choices are fit for any appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...yet another memorable dinner...lacarteVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went to this tried and true staple and was not disappointed. Ordered from the Sunday prix fixed which had the monkfish which was perfectly prepared and so yummy! The scallops entrée was succulent and tender and full of flavor. Desserts are always chosen from diane's full dessert menu where you really can't go wrong. Staff is always attentive and courteous. Another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningnannieweyDined on 6/20/2014Diane's is a neighborhood gem. Food is consistantly delicious. Service and ambiance matches the quality of the food. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBobbinDined on 6/18/2014Good service, friendly . Excellent food. Very fresh food. Great dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Local Spot for a Quiet MealseaclifrDined on 6/17/2014In addition to the bakery next door that;s open for breakfast and dinner, Diane now offers a full restaurant for the evening. Nice choice of entrees rotate each day. Pasta was homemade. Roast duck was juicy and not overdone. Attentive staff but not overbearing. Easy parking next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love DianesMaryLouDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Dianes on many occasions. I have never had a bad experience here. This time the waiter was so attentive. The Prix fixe is a great value. Three courses. I tried a new Appetizer, Salad with prociutto roasted fig stuffed with goat cheese. I will definitely try that again. The pot roast is great. I recommend Diane's highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we wentlisadebaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We've been wanting to try this place and it was worth the visit. The food was delicious, the menu was inviting and best of all, although it was full, the restaurant was quiet. How enjoyable to share a meal with friends and be able to hear what they're saying. The only comment I can make it that our waiter was very young and inexperienced and probably should have been shadowing a more senior waiter. He was friendly and worked hard but wasn't quite ready to be a waiter on his own in a nice restaurant such as Diane's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on the moneyskikevVIPDined on 6/7/2014Been coming here several years but have not came in a long while, Glad I did. Service was great and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A popular spotgingerDined on 6/7/2014Didn't live up to my expectation. BYOB policy didn't disclose the $25.00 cork fee. The food was average, deserts fair and service a bit rushed. Don't think I'll be rushing back there!