Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Portofino-Bay-Hotel/dining/restaurants
- Phone: (407) 503-1430
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - Noon; Dinner:Thursday -Sunday: 5:30 - 10:30 pm; Closed Tuesday & Wednesday evenings
*Dates/Hours are subject to change
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next breakfast event in the vibrant setting of Trattoria del Porto. The restaurant's private Harbor Room seats up to 30 guests and is an ideal location for Executive Luncheons, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers or whatever your celebration might be. Your guests can enjoy the stunning backdrop of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel; the beautiful harbor piazza lined with cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa surrounding the sparkling Portofino Bay. Customized group menus are available upon request. We look forward to making your event a memorable one.
- Private Party Contact: David Scott x
- Entertainment: On Friday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, treat the kids to a dining experience they"ll never forget. Enjoy a meal with some of your favorite Universal Orlando® Resort theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table. Plus on Thursday and Saturday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, guests have fun with a Face Painter and Balloon Artist during their meal. Trattoria del Porto also features a children's play area with a child-size table and chairs, beanbags, and a large screen TV where kids can watch their favorite cartoons.
- Special Events: Nightly "Musica della Notte" in the Harbor Piazza: The nights are alive with music in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Stop by as the sun sets, before or after dinner at Trattoria del Porto for “Musica della Notte”, or “Music of the Night”, a celebration of the romance and charm of Italy, captured in beautiful song. “Musica della Notte” takes place every evening, weather permitting.
A word from Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Trattoria del Porto features Seaside Italian Cuisine with a modern twist. Join us for a traditional breakfast or try one of our local flavors Eggs Beneditto. For dinner, try our Tuscan Steak menu featuring steak and seafood dishes, small plates appetizers, traditional big plates, specialty desserts and a special kids dining and play area. Indulge in la dolce vita 'the sweet life' with decadent desserts created by our award winning Pastry Chef. Dine inside the main restaurant or outdoors overlooking the Harbor Piazza and picturesque Portofino Bay. Enjoy Character Dining, Face Painter and Balloon Artist on select nights plus with the casual approachability of a neighborhood restaurant, Trattoria del Porto is a great choice for every member of the family. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (11)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dinner and BreakfastmmaggsDined on 5/10/2013Dinner was amazing! food and service was tops!! And loved the kid play area to entertain the kids while we wait for food. Breakfast was so-so. The service was not as good(had a hard time locating our server a couple times, and waffle was served cold. The replacement, delivered by the manager was great and piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseHawaiianDined on 5/5/2013Most hotel restaurants are merely a courtesy for their guests with a menu that is straight out of "the Hotel Handbook." This restaurant is definitely not one of them. Its atmosphere flows from hotel itself. It almost appears to be self consciously protecting the overall image of the resort. The food selection was great. The dishes were well and properly prepared and tasted exactly as they should. My wife usually eats a very light breakfast, but surprised me when she opted for the buffet. Her mother was a cook and my wife has a discerning taste. She ate more than she usually does for breakfast and like the rest of us, thoroughly loved it. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2013Restaurant was very poorly managed. Several servers, no consistency. I ordered a $34 filet mignon medium rare. It arrived well done after a huge wait for the food. We sent it back. The steal then took another 20 minutes to come back. By which time everyone else had finished. The baked potatoes were cold even at the start. We asked to speak to the manager but they don't appear to have one - the manager of the adjacent restaurant stepped in. All in all a very disappointing experience.
- Service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Service was outstanding. Food was good for a buffet. I wasn't floored, but it wasn't bad. Desserts were excellent. The complimentary mimosas were a nice touch. There was advertisement for character visits from Universal, however we did not see any during our entire visit. The server mentioned that maybe they had been through before we arrived, however it remains consistent with another review I read regarding no characters. We did choose this restaurant over other locations for that reason as well as the other kids events for Easter. Luckily, I did not tell my kids about them prior to the visit.Special Features:
- Great onsite restaurant atAnnJVIPDined on 3/28/2013Great onsite restaurant at Portofino Bay Hotel. Outside seating was not an option despite a beautiful evening and an opera singer outside. Disappointing. Pasta bar was below average. Food/service was good overall. Excellent waiter. For the outside seating issue and pasta bar issue, will not return.Special Features:
- I went to this restraunt forJSH2068VIPDined on 2/19/2013I went to this restraunt for brunch and dinner and both times the food was great and so was the service.Special Features:
- I made reservations at TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I made reservations at Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel for Valentine's Day dinner at 6pm -- We arrive at 610pm and the restaurant was practically empty except for a table of 6 and a table of 8 -- and a couple tables of 2-4 folks. The table of 8 had crying children. We were seated right by them. The table was very wobbley as well so we asked to be seated away from the crying childern. We are a couple in our 50's who wanted to have a quiet romantic dinner. There was hesitation but they did move us to another table which was next to the table of 6 who also had children but they were older and not crying but jumping up running by our table to go outside. We didn't ask to be moved again. There was a Valentine's Day dinner for $1
- The food was delicious! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The food was delicious! Everything was tasty. Servers were nice,but in a rush. I asked for a table outside and didn't get it. Off course it was new years eve! The place was packed. My friends had a reservation too.I tried tried to get tables close to each other, but the hostess wouldn't even try to accommodate us. There were empty tables right next to us, and still they didn't let my friends sit there! That was very annoying and disappointing. Last year they had a live band for entertainment, this year it was a DJ. Not as good. Overall the food is amazing, but the service and entertainment have declined since last year.Special Features:
- not what we were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We booked this place as we were in orlando for new year. We had to wait ages for our table despite turning up in plenty of time. The girls at the desk where very off hand and after waiting an extra 30 minutes outside on a hard bench i made my feelings known We then had a free for all buffet whivh was not what i was expecting. We had to ask for the celebratory champagne. We decided to leave before nye midnite as we were not impressed with what was going on. When we asked for the bill we paid in cash and the waiter asked us for more money for the tip. In my book you tip if you are happy with service and certainly not if someone is asking, so we basically told him to get lost and left the building.
- Salads and antipasto great,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Salads and antipasto great, entrees less so, pasta station doesn't know what a small portion is, multiple servers which was confusing.Special Features:
- Christmas BuffetTimoDined on 12/25/2012I went with my mother on Christmas, so it was probably not characteristic of its usual service but it was quite nice. Busy but managed well; they had buffet stations We arrived at the end of dinner (at 6:15 and they stopped at 7:00), so I was very pleased that the buffet was still well stocked and not picked over. The food was all very good -- not overly "done" but that's not what the room called for: there were lots of kids, which was nice on the holiday and the hotel had other opportunities if you wanted more formal service. They had strolling musicians and entertainment which worked; I'd certainly go back!Special Features:
- We have been going here forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012We have been going here for at least the last five years. Going downhill. Food is quality however there is not the choices there have been in the past. Desserts use to be fabulous, not anymore. They were tasteless. Pretty disappointed and probably won't go back. Plus we have never had to pay for valet except tip. This year we were charged a fee.
- We were here for ChristmasluxorDined on 12/25/2012We were here for Christmas Brunch. You will not go away hungry! We are locals and eat here for a holiday brunch about once a year. They always have the crab legs, which my son loves, a selection of meat entrees, pastas prepared to order, salads, cheeses, breads etc. They have an extensive dessert table and this year had a bread pudding station. The warm caramel sauce was to die for. This brunch includes champagne, this year it was Kenwood, not so great but better than Cooks. The have been raising the price a dollar or two a year, so for two of us with a nice tip it was $150 this year. Not economical but it was Christmas.Special Features:
- The calamari appetizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012The calamari appetizer was excellent. The pasta service (make your own dish) was very cool. It is all you can eat but if you have ideas of creating more than one dish, you should only fill up your cup about 1/2 way and ask for a small portion of pasta. It is a lot of food! Fun to create your own dish.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/9/2012Great food and great service. Loved the Lobster Risoto!Special Features:
- Surprisingly good Thanksgiving!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012We had Thanksgiving "brunch" at Trattoria del Porto, albeit at 7 pm in their last full seating. Braving Orlando at Thanksgiving was risky, and we were more than a little worried that holiday dinner would be bureaucratic and ordinary. We were VERY pleasantly surprised! The food quality at the buffet was outstanding (e.g., freshly sauteed sea scallops), the service was flexible and helpful, and the overall value was very good. We are a small family and often travel at Thanksgiving. We and our pre-teen children agreed this was the best Thanksgiving dinner in recent memory.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We went for Thanksgiving dinner, so it was a special occasion. The food was very good, but our service was not that good. It could have been our particular waiter and busboy.Special Features:
- Went for Thanksgiving brunch...hadPartyplannerDined on 11/22/2012Went for Thanksgiving brunch...had great variety and easy access to all stations. Scallops and crab legs were fabulous!Special Features:
- We were there for ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2012We were there for Thanksgiving day buffet. It was fantastic!! Food and Service were awesome. Thank you.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012Nice dining experience. Outdoor seating could use more umbrellas as the sun gets too warm. Quite loud inside. Otherwise a fine time was had by all.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving at Trattoria del PortoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012The selection at Trattoria del Porto's Thanksgiving Day Champagne Brunch was varied and the quality was excellent. Seating was available both indoors and outdoors (with a view of the "Portofino bay") and though the weather was excellent on Thanksgiving Day, we chose to sit indoors closer to the buffet tables. Being a Universal Orlando resort hotel, kids were not left out & had a separate area (with kid-friendly buffet items) with TVs, balloon "artists" and costumed characters roaming the entire restaurant. I can definitely recommend the Trattoria both for the food and the relaxed ambiance.Special Features:
- Just Like GrandmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012This was a great choice for our family to celebrate Thanksgiving Day. The food was absolutely amazing, just like Grandmas Holiday feasts 30 years ago with the traditional pre-dinner Italian goodies and the post-dinner Italian deserts. We may have discovered our new Thanksgiving tradition.Special Features:
- The customer service was prefectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2012The customer service was prefect and food very delicious :)Special Features:
- Ordered off the Magic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Ordered off the Magic dining menu. Rib eye was cooked perfectly with a nice flavorful crust. Appetizers were excellent. Portions were a great size, took home for 2nd dinner! Wait staff was very attentive. Dessert was outstanding. Chocolate lava cake with caramel gelato! Only complaint is that it was freezing inside the restaurant so take a sweater!Special Features:
- pleasently surprisedmysterychefVIPDined on 9/16/2012enjoyed the magical dining menu at Trattoria del Porto. Promptly greeted upon arrival, seated at a nice window table. Service was nice and attentive, wine recommendations were helpful. The food was outstanding! salad and flatbreads tasty the ribeye was cooked perfectly! desserts satisfyingly good! decided that even without the Magical dining menu it is worth the trip! only flaw was the Shrimp Scampi had capers in it and they made the dish salty it wasnt listed on the menu that way. Valet is only 5 dollars when u get it validated from he restaurantSpecial Features:
- Never refilled our water glassesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Never refilled our water glasses and was shocked that a simple glass of sangria would be $16!Special Features:
- Great food not so great atmosphereLoyal2RoyalDined on 9/14/2012My husband and I took advatage of Orlando's Magical Dining Month and went to Trattoria. The decor and ambiance was concerning. It looked more like a cafeteria than a fine dining resaurant. At one point we questioned whether to stay. The service was fine but we had to ask for bread. The bread basket had what looked like leftover crumbs from the previous guest. When I inquired, I was told it's a cracker that is broken and served with the bread slices. Would have been nice to be told instead of wondering. My husband had the 20oz ribeye which was fabulous and I had the 12oz shell which also was fabulous. The desserts were heavenly!Special Features:
- Went for Magical Dining andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2012Went for Magical Dining and was ready for a good meal form what I read the menu to be online. When my party arrive I quickly notice that this was not an adult night out kind of place. There was a large kid play area and there was a universal character visiting tables. On to the service the point of this review, it was simply the worse. The was pretty good, but my waiter should not be serving anyone. People came after we were seat ate and left in the time it took our waiter to get his act together.Special Features:
- Best place I have ever beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012I hope like to thank Michael for making my dates and my night out at your restaurant THE most pleasant night a person or couple could want to have. As for the food, I have been all over the world (US Air Force) and your 20oz Steak was the best I have had. Please continue with the great work.Special Features:
- Not what I expected. BigOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2012Not what I expected. Big space with very little ambience. The food was good but not great. We were brought to a table and left there with no service for about 10 minutes. They took a discount off our bill as a result (we did not complain, so it was their decision), but it still left a bit of a bad taste about the restaurant.Special Features:
- A great little restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012A great little restaurant. Good appetizers, great create your own pasta. Friendly staff.
- This was supposed to be aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012This was supposed to be a characters dinner. But only 1 character showed up. Big disappointment for the money it costs.
- Outside of some bizarre powerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2012Outside of some bizarre power issues the hotel and subsequently the restaurant were having that evening, the experience was very good. Service, selection, and food were all spot on. They gave us 25% off our bill due to the power fluctuations which was great even though we found the incident rather humorous. Would definitely recommend .Special Features:
- convenient hotel fare....nothing moOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012This is a very casual affair. We had dinner on their "character dinner" night. The only Universal character that was there was Scooby Doo. We were already having dessert by the time he came to our table. The service was good. The menu is limited but overall good. This is a convenient restaurant for hotel guests, nothing more than that.Special Features:
- Still good -- not as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We have been to Trattoria del Porto several times in the past. Although the food was still very good, and the service was also very good, we did notice a decline in what was offered. In the past, we ordered the pasta bar buffet. In years past, this included a soup and salad bar. We did not receive this with our order this year (however, the waiter did bring a complimentary salad to the table). We also noticed that the condiments bar for the pasta had a few items missing which had been there in previous years. As I said, the food was still good and hot -- the service was still good -- there is simply a decline in what is being offered (without a reduction in price).
- A nice looking place withlitravelerVIPDined on 7/13/2012A nice looking place with a nice menu but the service is missing something. They were very polite and nice but miss out on little things. for example, they brought out our dinner when we were still eating our appetizers. The restaurant was empty and they sat us next to a table with rambunctious kids. Also, they were out of salmon, it weird food to be out of.
- The food was great, the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The food was great, the waiter was attentive. The only downside to the evening was that Universal characters (Shrek and Scooby Doo) were supposed to be on-site at 6:30pm. Sherk never showed up and Scooby Doo did not show up until 7:15pm. This was our first trip to Universal Studios with our 6 year old and 18 month old. Needless to say, they didn't care about the food - they just wanted to see the characters. It was a bit of a let down because we made the reservation specifically so the kids could meet the characters one on one.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012Everything to eat was phenominal. The tuscan tomato soup was amazing. The 20oz. Ribeye, the garlic mashed potatoes, garlic lemon broccolini and tuna tar tar were awesome! Great wine list and drinks. Ambience was open and great for groups but not particularly romantic but has a great view of the water. Will definitely eat there again. The bar amrican just upstairs had great ambience and drinks and Bentley the bartender is a gem. Sals downstairs with their many kinds of gelato was a great way to end the evening!Special Features:
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Nothing to write home about. This was a typical hotel restaurant, food was ok, service was lax, place was practically empty and it still took over an hour to be served after ordering. Even if staying at the same hotel we'll never dine there again.
- Flexible dining caters to allKwongDined on 6/15/2012Exceptional waiters who were extremely attentive and went all out to answer questions. The Mahi Mahi dish was excellent as well as the open seafood bar. My son was given a complementary ice cream because his younger sister got one with her kid's meal. He is 14 and ordered an adult sized meal. The restaurant was huge and had a large play area for the younger ones with a tv and lots of room to run. Scooby Doo came out to greet us and there was also a balloon maker and face painter in the the area. For those especially with younger ones, it's a great dining experience since it hardly ever is crowded so caters to those with kid's, couples and single diners. The setting is very relaxed but elegant and the food is reasonably priced.Special Features: