Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Portofino-Bay-Hotel/dining/restaurants
- Phone: 4075031430
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - Noon; Dinner:Thursday -Sunday: 5:30 - 10:30 pm; Closed Tuesday & Wednesday evenings
*Dates/Hours are subject to change
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next breakfast event in the vibrant setting of Trattoria del Porto. The restaurant's private Harbor Room seats up to 30 guests and is an ideal location for Executive Luncheons, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers or whatever your celebration might be. Your guests can enjoy the stunning backdrop of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel; the beautiful harbor piazza lined with cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa surrounding the sparkling Portofino Bay. Customized group menus are available upon request. We look forward to making your event a memorable one.
- Private Party Contact: David Scott x
- Entertainment: On Friday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, treat the kids to a dining experience they"ll never forget. Enjoy a meal with some of your favorite Universal Orlando® Resort theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table. Plus on Thursday and Saturday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, guests have fun with a Face Painter and Balloon Artist during their meal. Trattoria del Porto also features a children's play area with a child-size table and chairs, beanbags, and a large screen TV where kids can watch their favorite cartoons.
- Special Events: Nightly "Musica della Notte" in the Harbor Piazza: The nights are alive with music in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Stop by as the sun sets, before or after dinner at Trattoria del Porto for “Musica della Notte”, or “Music of the Night”, a celebration of the romance and charm of Italy, captured in beautiful song. “Musica della Notte” takes place every evening, weather permitting.
A word from Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Trattoria del Porto features Seaside Italian Cuisine with a modern twist. Join us for a traditional breakfast or try one of our local flavors Eggs Beneditto. For dinner, try our Tuscan Steak menu featuring steak and seafood dishes, small plates appetizers, traditional big plates, specialty desserts and a special kids dining and play area. Indulge in la dolce vita 'the sweet life' with decadent desserts created by our award winning Pastry Chef. Dine inside the main restaurant or outdoors overlooking the Harbor Piazza and picturesque Portofino Bay. Enjoy Character Dining, Face Painter and Balloon Artist on select nights plus with the casual approachability of a neighborhood restaurant, Trattoria del Porto is a great choice for every member of the family. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (11)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (5)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fun time for our anniversary!Drumzdine1Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great casual time, good food, partied with Gru and Stuart! Great for little kids and big ones too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character DinnerOneinaMinionDined on 7/11/2014Compared to a Disney character dinner, this is poor. There were 2 characters, a Minion and Grue. The waiter appeared to be on his first night with no training or understanding of the menu. The menu was limited but in the end the food we ordered was fine, although pretty basic. Did not meet expectations.Special Features:
- tip charged twiceLuisDined on 7/11/2014Dinner was very good, but my credit card was charge twice. One in same day and another 2 days before. Very suspicious!Special Features:
- Very SurprisedRICHEVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went in expecting at least good food. After all it is in a resort hotel. What we got was Great!!!! Food. We went for the make your own pasta diner. Pick your toppings then your pasta. Chef makes it to your order. While you go to salad bar. The pasta was as good or better than any restaurant we have been to. In Florida make this a stop you'll love it.Special Features:
- FINEWINEDined on 4/27/2014Disappointed in service, Waitress was uninterested in Table. Not readily available. For the cost i would epect better service than just sub par.Special Features:
- Good, but lack vegetarian optionsKaleiDined on 4/20/2014Different types of hot and cold dishes, soups, salads, appetizers, and desserts for their Easter Brunch Buffet; however, lacked hot vegetarian and gluten-free options and their soups were not hot, but on the luke-warm side. The Easter Bunny, accordion player, and plastic Easter eggs were a treat for the children. The manager of the dining area was not genuinely friendly, but a bit "stuck up." The waiter was not consistent with making sure our glasses were full and dirty dishes hauled away, we cleared them away ourselves by putting them on another table that was empty and had not been cleaned yet. However, his attitude was genuine and he seemed a bit overwhelmed, which the management should have addressed.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews archive.
- ExcellentDeliciouseatsDined on 3/27/2014Wonderful dining experience. Excellent food and staff. Was a complete pleasure for the entire familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicespwy31Dined on 3/8/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday. The food and staff were outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that will listen. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable. She knew the menu and was able to make recommendations based on our questions. Like I said...great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast in VeniceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014Wasn't staying at the Portofino but went there for breakfast. Delightful to sit out on the "Quayside" and enjoy the sense of being transported to Italy. Service was wonderful and food was good. Sure the setting is entirely fake, but we're at Universal/Disney, so it's extremely well done fake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks ever!!TjakesDined on 2/14/2014I chose this restaurant because I thought it would be a nice place for v-day! The staff was so friendly n the food was out of this world. It maybe a bit expensive but defiantly worth every penny. I had the filet n my boyfriend had the strip steak and they were both melt in your mouth best steaks ever!! So delicious!! We loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pasta cucina option wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The pasta cucina option was superb! Some of the best pasta have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thanksgiving feastStaceyDined on 11/28/2013Outstanding Food selection for our Family Thanksgiving Feast! Kid-Friendly with Characters and Face PaintingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BuffetLouPDined on 11/28/2013We've enjoyed this buffet at least 5 of the last 8 years. This year was the best! The variety of holiday appropriate foods is amazing. We took our time and covered all the options in small courses. Seafood appetizers, breads and cheeses, roasts of turkey, prime rib, and pork, side dishes and desserts - all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like dining in ItalyJohnnyGDined on 11/28/2013If you want the closest thing to being in Italy while living in Florida checkout the Trattoria del Porto. Great food, service and ambiance combine for an exceptional experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is terrible, food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2013We spent 4 days in Orlando at the Portofino, maybe the amazing service from the rest of the staff(at the other restaurants, room service, etc.) spoiled us. There were maybe 5 other tables occupied the morning we went, and just as many servers working. Still, after we were seated we had to wait 20 minutes for our waiter to even look our way. We didn't even know he was our waiter as he bounced around the tables asking everyone how they were doing and totally ignored us. He had no interest in recommending anything, and in the end I just went with the buffet to avoid having to wait on him. My husband needed a knife and the waiter turned away when he tried to get his attention. Definitely not going back, the little cafe nearby was much nicer.
- Beautiful Italian experienceNiceDined on 10/5/2013We had dinner at the patio outside the restaurant and our server "Miladin" made it special for us. There is a live classic opera singing every night at 7:30pm from the balcony and we just ENJOYED tasty dinner and Italian music. This is the city's best kept secret place for romantic dinner and outing. AwsomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale Olive Garden?audreyandmikeDined on 9/28/2013Wasn't much impressed. We went for Magical Dining month, but I ended up ordering off of the regular menu. It was certainly ok, but not worth the trek to the tourist area for. Nothing special at all.
- Slowest service I've ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2013Our older, male server was the slowest, rude server I've ever had. He was so bad I'm not even gonna waste my time to give management coaching opportunities.
- excellentjessydDined on 9/13/2013the sevice was great, server was always close by fo whatever we needed. They have a $25.99 special that comes with soup and house salad, and all you can eat pasta the way you like it. Of course was only able to have one plate because it was huge :-) . We were celebrating my daughter's 3rd bday and she was soo excited to see bart and homer from the simpsons...they greeted her and sang with a scoop of her fav ice cream and sprinkles. I recommend this resturaunt to everyone. Its a great place overall.Special Features:
- Deliciously casualVinoLove623Dined on 9/10/2013My friends and I ate here to take part in the Magical Dining month in Orlando. The food was delicious. We all enjoyed everything we ordered (tomato soup, salad, short ribs,chicken, cannoli, creme brulee, and tiramisu). The wine list was decent and we all had our own glasses (merlot, Cabernet, and Sangiovese) and I would attest to say the wine came out a little warmer than I would have preferred but it was still good. Our server was excellent and informative when we wanted to know about specific things on the menu. The ambiance was a bit more casual than I had expected. With checkered table cloths and no "romantic Italy" feel - I thought it was a little different than how it was portrayed on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2013The restaurant was nearly empty when we had a business meeting of around ten colleagues. The service was incredibly slow and the pasta bar, took us forever to get assisted. The food was fine, but for as long as it took we were very disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Italian restaurantJohnnyDined on 8/5/2013In general this restaurant is above average. Good food with reasonable price. People are nice there. If combined with a nice view with some indoor plants , this one can easily going from 'good' to 'great'. A little Italian music in the background would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was badrpetrovDined on 7/5/2013My sons chicken was dry, we were served plain tap water, my chicken was dry and tasteless. I made the reservation there because of the Character dining' and Scooby doo was there for 5 mins and that was it. This place was very disappointing and over priced. I will not return and will not recommend this restaurant.
- Dinner at PortofinofourtysomethingDined on 7/4/2013We stayed at the hotel visiting universal orlando, and ate here to decompress away from city walk. Service was really a 4+, but less good than Emerils which we also ate at. Having said that, really decent and attentive. No delays, mistakes, and good recommendations. Food was very good, solid 4. I had a steak, the 8oz fillet, it was very good. Not "El Goucho" caliber (high end Seattle restaurant), but really above expectations. I didn't love the ambience. Nothing jumped out as exceptional, but basically was "solid hotel dining". Comparatively, the other restaurant on site (Mamas) was slightly better - better ambience (more fun, live music, Italian home decor), with equally good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding breakfastPanicdivaDined on 6/29/2013Really enjoyed our buffet breakfast. They had every food imaginable and all fresh. My only complaint is that my stomach wouldn't let me eat any more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, no more no lessabcdDined on 5/20/2013The place was quite empty when we got there. They have a "make your own pasta" stand that was closed, and the rest of the menu was quite limited for my taste. I finally took the BBQ brisket which was good. The price was fair.
- buffet fantastic-but pricey!cm80Dined on 5/19/2013$21 per person for breakfast buffet. Yes, it was a wonderful buffet with LOTS of options, but so expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Happy Mothers' DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013This is our first Mothers Day here in Orlando since we moved here from Philadelphia last July. I was hoping to find a special place for my wife to enjoy her Mothers Day and am so glad I was able to find the Trattoria and will definitely be back to dine here again for a regular dinner experience. The restaurant was nicely set up with a variety of delicious brunch buffet items from cold seafood to hot pasta stations and the usual options. The scenic vibe of Portofino in Italy was special and made all of us so happy to be there. I must say that the waitstaff was very attentive and cordial especially Mohammed and Juan who so kind and treated us very well. I am looking forward to a return to taste their regular menu and other restuarants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day brunchuab1991Dined on 5/12/2013The food was very good and the service was good. However, it is hard to say $62 per person is a good value for a buffet. But you have to consider the location is t Universal so you kind of expect overpriced food. My wife loved it and that is really all that matters because it was Mothers Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and BreakfastmmaggsDined on 5/10/2013Dinner was amazing! food and service was tops!! And loved the kid play area to entertain the kids while we wait for food. Breakfast was so-so. The service was not as good(had a hard time locating our server a couple times, and waffle was served cold. The replacement, delivered by the manager was great and piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseHawaiianDined on 5/5/2013Most hotel restaurants are merely a courtesy for their guests with a menu that is straight out of "the Hotel Handbook." This restaurant is definitely not one of them. Its atmosphere flows from hotel itself. It almost appears to be self consciously protecting the overall image of the resort. The food selection was great. The dishes were well and properly prepared and tasted exactly as they should. My wife usually eats a very light breakfast, but surprised me when she opted for the buffet. Her mother was a cook and my wife has a discerning taste. She ate more than she usually does for breakfast and like the rest of us, thoroughly loved it. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Restaurant was very poorly managed. Several servers, no consistency. I ordered a $34 filet mignon medium rare. It arrived well done after a huge wait for the food. We sent it back. The steal then took another 20 minutes to come back. By which time everyone else had finished. The baked potatoes were cold even at the start. We asked to speak to the manager but they don't appear to have one - the manager of the adjacent restaurant stepped in. All in all a very disappointing experience.
- Service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Service was outstanding. Food was good for a buffet. I wasn't floored, but it wasn't bad. Desserts were excellent. The complimentary mimosas were a nice touch. There was advertisement for character visits from Universal, however we did not see any during our entire visit. The server mentioned that maybe they had been through before we arrived, however it remains consistent with another review I read regarding no characters. We did choose this restaurant over other locations for that reason as well as the other kids events for Easter. Luckily, I did not tell my kids about them prior to the visit.Special Features:
- Great onsite restaurant atAnnJVIPDined on 3/28/2013Great onsite restaurant at Portofino Bay Hotel. Outside seating was not an option despite a beautiful evening and an opera singer outside. Disappointing. Pasta bar was below average. Food/service was good overall. Excellent waiter. For the outside seating issue and pasta bar issue, will not return.Special Features:
- I went to this restraunt forJSH2068Dined on 2/19/2013I went to this restraunt for brunch and dinner and both times the food was great and so was the service.Special Features:
- I made reservations at TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I made reservations at Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel for Valentine's Day dinner at 6pm -- We arrive at 610pm and the restaurant was practically empty except for a table of 6 and a table of 8 -- and a couple tables of 2-4 folks. The table of 8 had crying children. We were seated right by them. The table was very wobbley as well so we asked to be seated away from the crying childern. We are a couple in our 50's who wanted to have a quiet romantic dinner. There was hesitation but they did move us to another table which was next to the table of 6 who also had children but they were older and not crying but jumping up running by our table to go outside. We didn't ask to be moved again. There was a Valentine's Day dinner for $1
- The food was delicious! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The food was delicious! Everything was tasty. Servers were nice,but in a rush. I asked for a table outside and didn't get it. Off course it was new years eve! The place was packed. My friends had a reservation too.I tried tried to get tables close to each other, but the hostess wouldn't even try to accommodate us. There were empty tables right next to us, and still they didn't let my friends sit there! That was very annoying and disappointing. Last year they had a live band for entertainment, this year it was a DJ. Not as good. Overall the food is amazing, but the service and entertainment have declined since last year.Special Features:
- not what we were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We booked this place as we were in orlando for new year. We had to wait ages for our table despite turning up in plenty of time. The girls at the desk where very off hand and after waiting an extra 30 minutes outside on a hard bench i made my feelings known We then had a free for all buffet whivh was not what i was expecting. We had to ask for the celebratory champagne. We decided to leave before nye midnite as we were not impressed with what was going on. When we asked for the bill we paid in cash and the waiter asked us for more money for the tip. In my book you tip if you are happy with service and certainly not if someone is asking, so we basically told him to get lost and left the building.
- Salads and antipasto great,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Salads and antipasto great, entrees less so, pasta station doesn't know what a small portion is, multiple servers which was confusing.Special Features:
- Christmas BuffetTimoDined on 12/25/2012I went with my mother on Christmas, so it was probably not characteristic of its usual service but it was quite nice. Busy but managed well; they had buffet stations We arrived at the end of dinner (at 6:15 and they stopped at 7:00), so I was very pleased that the buffet was still well stocked and not picked over. The food was all very good -- not overly "done" but that's not what the room called for: there were lots of kids, which was nice on the holiday and the hotel had other opportunities if you wanted more formal service. They had strolling musicians and entertainment which worked; I'd certainly go back!Special Features: