Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Portofino-Bay-Hotel/dining/restaurants
- Phone: 4075031430
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 am - Noon; Dinner:Thursday -Sunday: 5:30 - 10:30 pm; Closed Tuesday & Wednesday evenings
*Dates/Hours are subject to change
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next breakfast event in the vibrant setting of Trattoria del Porto. The restaurant's private Harbor Room seats up to 30 guests and is an ideal location for Executive Luncheons, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers or whatever your celebration might be. Your guests can enjoy the stunning backdrop of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel; the beautiful harbor piazza lined with cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa surrounding the sparkling Portofino Bay. Customized group menus are available upon request. We look forward to making your event a memorable one.
- Private Party Contact: David Scott x
- Entertainment: On Friday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, treat the kids to a dining experience they"ll never forget. Enjoy a meal with some of your favorite Universal Orlando® Resort theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table. Plus on Thursday and Saturday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, guests have fun with a Face Painter and Balloon Artist during their meal. Trattoria del Porto also features a children's play area with a child-size table and chairs, beanbags, and a large screen TV where kids can watch their favorite cartoons.
- Special Events: Nightly "Musica della Notte" in the Harbor Piazza: The nights are alive with music in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Stop by as the sun sets, before or after dinner at Trattoria del Porto for “Musica della Notte”, or “Music of the Night”, a celebration of the romance and charm of Italy, captured in beautiful song. “Musica della Notte” takes place every evening, weather permitting.
A word from Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Trattoria del Porto features Seaside Italian Cuisine with a modern twist. Join us for a traditional breakfast or try one of our local flavors Eggs Beneditto. For dinner, try our Tuscan Steak menu featuring steak and seafood dishes, small plates appetizers, traditional big plates, specialty desserts and a special kids dining and play area. Indulge in la dolce vita 'the sweet life' with decadent desserts created by our award winning Pastry Chef. Dine inside the main restaurant or outdoors overlooking the Harbor Piazza and picturesque Portofino Bay. Enjoy Character Dining, Face Painter and Balloon Artist on select nights plus with the casual approachability of a neighborhood restaurant, Trattoria del Porto is a great choice for every member of the family. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (15)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent Food & ServicetsmommyDined on 10/18/2014We opted to come back to the Portofino Bay for dinner instead of eating at CityWalk after a long day at the park and we are so glad we did. The four teenagers loved the create your own pasta option and the adults enjoyed specialty entrees. It was a little pricey but pretty average to what we had spent at other restaurants in Universal, but the portions we good and everyone's food was so delicious we had nothing left for doggy bags. We noticed a nice play area to the side with two ladies engaging the younger dinners to give the parents a little break to enjoy their dinner as well. Overall worth the price and definitely someone we will dine again. Great outdoor dining area too overlooking the Universal style Italian bay!Special Features:
- Great Pasta BarHungry4travelingDined on 10/4/2014Great service, a wonderful patio area with a great view, and a delicious pasta bar made for a special evening hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014The service when you order off the menu instead of the buffet is very slow.Special Features:
- Convenient and good!LouPDined on 9/20/2014We stay at Portofino Bay several times a year. Trattoria is a great restaurant (we've been there for 5-6 Thanksgiving buffets). The service is usually very good and the food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN PLACE WITH GREAT FOODJOHNVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was great and being at Universal they had characters come in and greet diners.Special Features:
- All four of us had cool foodGreatfoodfbVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our food arrived cool at best and took very long , I wouldn't go back .
- Great food great valueYummyintummyDined on 9/13/2014I went here for the magical dining special and it was worth every penny. The resturant itself is cute not fancy very casual. The food was delious from beginning to end the only downfall was our server he brought out a Rare done done steak when we asked for med/well and when we sent it back we got another steak the wrong way, but the other servers that cleaned and served the rest of the food were delightful. I still would recommend this resturant because the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Only one waiter, who couldn't keep up with the 6 tables with 4 people or less. Food was mediocre, not qualified for Magical Dining Experience. Never received refills on drinks. It took a long time to get our check.
- Very expensive breakfast buffetHeaterguy100Dined on 8/22/2014Breakfast buffett is $23.00 per person, food was ok, so was service. With tip meal for 4 was almost $100.00. Dinner and drinks at Bubba Gump, Hardrock Cafe and Margaritaville was cheaper then here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJustMeDined on 8/19/2014Food was ok, and so was the price. The selection is pretty limited. Good for kids, although they will not cook a kid steak anything less than well done, which basically results in having to order an adult steak if you want something edible for your kid.Special Features:
- Excellent foodyogafoodieDined on 7/31/2014Stayed at Portofino for the first time. Food was tasty, well prepared, and lots of choice. Two of my dining companions had the pasta bar (choose sauce, toppings, meats, and have the chef prepare an individual portion fresh), and they loved it. I had the meatloaf wrapped in pancetta and it was so tasty I wish I had the appetite to finish it all. We were there on a Thursday, and the restaurant was so quiet I wished there had been a few more diners. They also have a great kid-friendly area with tv's and low tables. Overall I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Fun time for our anniversary!Drumzdine1Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great casual time, good food, partied with Gru and Stuart! Great for little kids and big ones too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character DinnerOneinaMinionDined on 7/11/2014Compared to a Disney character dinner, this is poor. There were 2 characters, a Minion and Grue. The waiter appeared to be on his first night with no training or understanding of the menu. The menu was limited but in the end the food we ordered was fine, although pretty basic. Did not meet expectations.Special Features:
- tip charged twiceLuisDined on 7/11/2014Dinner was very good, but my credit card was charge twice. One in same day and another 2 days before. Very suspicious!Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews archive.
- Very SurprisedRICHEVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went in expecting at least good food. After all it is in a resort hotel. What we got was Great!!!! Food. We went for the make your own pasta diner. Pick your toppings then your pasta. Chef makes it to your order. While you go to salad bar. The pasta was as good or better than any restaurant we have been to. In Florida make this a stop you'll love it.Special Features:
- FINEWINEDined on 4/27/2014Disappointed in service, Waitress was uninterested in Table. Not readily available. For the cost i would epect better service than just sub par.Special Features:
- Good, but lack vegetarian optionsKaleiDined on 4/20/2014Different types of hot and cold dishes, soups, salads, appetizers, and desserts for their Easter Brunch Buffet; however, lacked hot vegetarian and gluten-free options and their soups were not hot, but on the luke-warm side. The Easter Bunny, accordion player, and plastic Easter eggs were a treat for the children. The manager of the dining area was not genuinely friendly, but a bit "stuck up." The waiter was not consistent with making sure our glasses were full and dirty dishes hauled away, we cleared them away ourselves by putting them on another table that was empty and had not been cleaned yet. However, his attitude was genuine and he seemed a bit overwhelmed, which the management should have addressed.Special Features:
- ExcellentDeliciouseatsDined on 3/27/2014Wonderful dining experience. Excellent food and staff. Was a complete pleasure for the entire familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicespwy31Dined on 3/8/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday. The food and staff were outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that will listen. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable. She knew the menu and was able to make recommendations based on our questions. Like I said...great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast in VeniceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014Wasn't staying at the Portofino but went there for breakfast. Delightful to sit out on the "Quayside" and enjoy the sense of being transported to Italy. Service was wonderful and food was good. Sure the setting is entirely fake, but we're at Universal/Disney, so it's extremely well done fake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks ever!!TjakesDined on 2/14/2014I chose this restaurant because I thought it would be a nice place for v-day! The staff was so friendly n the food was out of this world. It maybe a bit expensive but defiantly worth every penny. I had the filet n my boyfriend had the strip steak and they were both melt in your mouth best steaks ever!! So delicious!! We loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pasta cucina option wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The pasta cucina option was superb! Some of the best pasta have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thanksgiving feastStaceyDined on 11/28/2013Outstanding Food selection for our Family Thanksgiving Feast! Kid-Friendly with Characters and Face PaintingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BuffetLouPDined on 11/28/2013We've enjoyed this buffet at least 5 of the last 8 years. This year was the best! The variety of holiday appropriate foods is amazing. We took our time and covered all the options in small courses. Seafood appetizers, breads and cheeses, roasts of turkey, prime rib, and pork, side dishes and desserts - all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like dining in ItalyJohnnyGDined on 11/28/2013If you want the closest thing to being in Italy while living in Florida checkout the Trattoria del Porto. Great food, service and ambiance combine for an exceptional experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is terrible, food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2013We spent 4 days in Orlando at the Portofino, maybe the amazing service from the rest of the staff(at the other restaurants, room service, etc.) spoiled us. There were maybe 5 other tables occupied the morning we went, and just as many servers working. Still, after we were seated we had to wait 20 minutes for our waiter to even look our way. We didn't even know he was our waiter as he bounced around the tables asking everyone how they were doing and totally ignored us. He had no interest in recommending anything, and in the end I just went with the buffet to avoid having to wait on him. My husband needed a knife and the waiter turned away when he tried to get his attention. Definitely not going back, the little cafe nearby was much nicer.
- Beautiful Italian experienceNiceDined on 10/5/2013We had dinner at the patio outside the restaurant and our server "Miladin" made it special for us. There is a live classic opera singing every night at 7:30pm from the balcony and we just ENJOYED tasty dinner and Italian music. This is the city's best kept secret place for romantic dinner and outing. AwsomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale Olive Garden?audreyandmikeDined on 9/28/2013Wasn't much impressed. We went for Magical Dining month, but I ended up ordering off of the regular menu. It was certainly ok, but not worth the trek to the tourist area for. Nothing special at all.
- Slowest service I've ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2013Our older, male server was the slowest, rude server I've ever had. He was so bad I'm not even gonna waste my time to give management coaching opportunities.
- excellentjessydDined on 9/13/2013the sevice was great, server was always close by fo whatever we needed. They have a $25.99 special that comes with soup and house salad, and all you can eat pasta the way you like it. Of course was only able to have one plate because it was huge :-) . We were celebrating my daughter's 3rd bday and she was soo excited to see bart and homer from the simpsons...they greeted her and sang with a scoop of her fav ice cream and sprinkles. I recommend this resturaunt to everyone. Its a great place overall.Special Features:
- Deliciously casualVinoLove623Dined on 9/10/2013My friends and I ate here to take part in the Magical Dining month in Orlando. The food was delicious. We all enjoyed everything we ordered (tomato soup, salad, short ribs,chicken, cannoli, creme brulee, and tiramisu). The wine list was decent and we all had our own glasses (merlot, Cabernet, and Sangiovese) and I would attest to say the wine came out a little warmer than I would have preferred but it was still good. Our server was excellent and informative when we wanted to know about specific things on the menu. The ambiance was a bit more casual than I had expected. With checkered table cloths and no "romantic Italy" feel - I thought it was a little different than how it was portrayed on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2013The restaurant was nearly empty when we had a business meeting of around ten colleagues. The service was incredibly slow and the pasta bar, took us forever to get assisted. The food was fine, but for as long as it took we were very disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Italian restaurantJohnnyDined on 8/5/2013In general this restaurant is above average. Good food with reasonable price. People are nice there. If combined with a nice view with some indoor plants , this one can easily going from 'good' to 'great'. A little Italian music in the background would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was badrpetrovDined on 7/5/2013My sons chicken was dry, we were served plain tap water, my chicken was dry and tasteless. I made the reservation there because of the Character dining' and Scooby doo was there for 5 mins and that was it. This place was very disappointing and over priced. I will not return and will not recommend this restaurant.
- Dinner at PortofinofourtysomethingDined on 7/4/2013We stayed at the hotel visiting universal orlando, and ate here to decompress away from city walk. Service was really a 4+, but less good than Emerils which we also ate at. Having said that, really decent and attentive. No delays, mistakes, and good recommendations. Food was very good, solid 4. I had a steak, the 8oz fillet, it was very good. Not "El Goucho" caliber (high end Seattle restaurant), but really above expectations. I didn't love the ambience. Nothing jumped out as exceptional, but basically was "solid hotel dining". Comparatively, the other restaurant on site (Mamas) was slightly better - better ambience (more fun, live music, Italian home decor), with equally good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding breakfastPanicdivaDined on 6/29/2013Really enjoyed our buffet breakfast. They had every food imaginable and all fresh. My only complaint is that my stomach wouldn't let me eat any more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, no more no lessabcdDined on 5/20/2013The place was quite empty when we got there. They have a "make your own pasta" stand that was closed, and the rest of the menu was quite limited for my taste. I finally took the BBQ brisket which was good. The price was fair.
- buffet fantastic-but pricey!cm80Dined on 5/19/2013$21 per person for breakfast buffet. Yes, it was a wonderful buffet with LOTS of options, but so expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Happy Mothers' DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013This is our first Mothers Day here in Orlando since we moved here from Philadelphia last July. I was hoping to find a special place for my wife to enjoy her Mothers Day and am so glad I was able to find the Trattoria and will definitely be back to dine here again for a regular dinner experience. The restaurant was nicely set up with a variety of delicious brunch buffet items from cold seafood to hot pasta stations and the usual options. The scenic vibe of Portofino in Italy was special and made all of us so happy to be there. I must say that the waitstaff was very attentive and cordial especially Mohammed and Juan who so kind and treated us very well. I am looking forward to a return to taste their regular menu and other restuarants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day brunchuab1991Dined on 5/12/2013The food was very good and the service was good. However, it is hard to say $62 per person is a good value for a buffet. But you have to consider the location is t Universal so you kind of expect overpriced food. My wife loved it and that is really all that matters because it was Mothers Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.