Trattoria da Vittorio
150 West Portal Ave
San Francisco, CA 94127Neighborhood:
Forest Hill / West Portal
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trattoria da Vittorio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriadavittorio.com/
- Phone: 4157420300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: T-Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Filippo Cannone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party up to 20 people or buy out
- Private Party Contact: Vittorio 4157420300
A word from Trattoria da Vittorio
Trattoria Da Vittorio pays homage to the Calabrian food and close-knit family that influenced and shaped owner Vittorio D’Urzo. Southern Italian food is not just about deliciously satisfying fare, but also about the people and culture. Vittorio and staff look forward to welcoming you with warmth and exemplary service, creating a memorable dining experience that sings with Southern Italian hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria da Vittorio reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good lunch!! Visiting from East BayNurseluvs2dineDined on 7/10/2014Enjoyed sole piccata and calamari. Parmesan risotto was ok- rice wasn't so soft, but great service and staff were so nice and friendly. Little pricey for lunch.. but overall good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very good. Restaurant has a notorious reputation for noise level - was fine on a holiday weekend when most obnoxious people with kids leave town.Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Nice waiters who were prompt, friendly and had cute Italian accents. Never bothered us during our meal. Good food and service, but a little on the noisy side since there were those watching the soccer game on the TV. Otherwise, they accommodated my request for a nice corner for my guest and me due to her disability issues.Special Features:
- A downward blipJuanPoeVIPDined on 6/9/2014After so many stellar dining experiences, the food Monday was not up to par. The tomatoes in the Caprese con Burrata salad were hard and lacked flavor. The eggplant parmesan was fully cooked, but kind of watery and lacked the finished flavor that I've enjoyed so many times in the past. The server was attentive and personable, as always.
- Our neighborhood favoriteBethDined on 5/11/2014We love this restaurant because not only is the food incredible, but the service is exceptional and they welcome our 4 year old with smiles and special attention.Special Features:
- LindaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Friendly service. We went for mothers' day so it was crowded but very nice atmosphere with tables that aren't too close. I liked the smoked salmon eggs benedict a lot but think that the potatoes on the plate need to be made better. They were bland and just boiled. Maybe fry them with onions or make hash browns or something better. Really could not eat the tasteless potatoes. I remember all the years with Cafe for all seasons which I miss. A pastry or muffin with jam would have been a nice touch for mothers' day or a rose. Still I liked the place and can't wait to try an Italian dinner there.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Trattoria da Vittorio reviews archive.
- Great FoodAngeSFVIPDined on 4/11/2014This place is really tasty. I had the soup of the day which was a potato soup and one of the pizzas. All the pizza's looked good so it was hard to choose. Both the soup and pizza was amazing. I will definitely be coming back again. I had a late lunch there but there was still a good crowd - I will try it for dinner next time. Also the staff was attentive but did not rush us. I recommend this place for 2-4 peopleSpecial Features:
- Don't miss this one...2winosVIPDined on 2/16/2014This is our go-to place when we are visiting the West Portal area of San Francisco. Food is excellent and authentic. Wine choices are adequate and reasonably priced. Service is friendly and prompt. A perfect neighborhood spot for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surprise in West PortalMusselloveVIPDined on 1/20/2014Definitely a great find. Menu is quite diverse, service was excellent and food was really good. i had the salmon salad special, and my friend had pappardelle with wild boar...both were very good. We sat outside, quite the treat !Special Features:
- Poor breakfast; will try dinnerAbertonianVIPDined on 12/1/2013Tried this new restaurant for breakfast. First reservation of the day yet everything came out near cold. Poached eggs more like hard boiled and did I mention cold? Coffee cup holds 2 ounces at best and even in a half seated restaurant, it takes 45 minutes to get a refill. Two omelettes, eggs benedict and pancakes all a ' C' --not awful just not good. The reviews were so good I was surprised. I will try dinner though as I suspect the restaurant is stretched too far with breakfast and should stick to what I imagine they do well --pasta and southern Italian dishes. If the tiramisu on the house (following brunch) was any indication, dinner must be much better. Will try again for dinner.
- 5 starsDeedVIPDined on 8/7/2013great food/service im going back next week..!!! Denise Garrintano especially great waiter AllesandroSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!SFfoodieDined on 8/1/2013This was our second time having lunch at Trattoria da Vittorio and we'll be back for sure. On both visits, the appetizers were outstanding. The soups, pasta, salads, etc. were delicious. Service was excellent and the owner, Vittorio, stopped by the table and was most gracious. This is definitely a neighborhood gem. So glad we don't have to drive all the way to North Beach for a fine Italian meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exciting new restaurant!BonneFourchetteDined on 7/30/2013The interior is very inviting and sitttng at one of the few outside tables would be great on a sunny day. The ambiance would be better if the noise wasn't so lound. There were a couple of glitches with the service, which is not unusual with a newly opened, busy restaurant. There was an error with one of the dishes, but it was quickly corrected. The food was very good. A crispy pizza and delicious lobster ravioli. The affogato for dessert was unusual. It was a perfectly round, generous chocolate ice cream scoop covered in tiny, crunchy chocolate nibs, with... surprise... a vanilla center! Served with the espresso in a small pitcher on the side for us to pour over the ice cream, it was the perfect ending to an enjoyable lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment on W PortalJeriDined on 7/18/2013please train your wait staff. Plates not cleared before approaching course. Waiter not familiar with the menu. I will go back a 2nd time because perhaps the entire experience was a fluke. The menu does not include enough information regarding ingredients contained in the food. The restaurant is quite lovely in its new decor, and Vittorio is a positive presence.
- Food was very good - greatCTerryDined on 7/5/2013Food was very good - great pizzas, pasta al dente Service was great - friendly and cheerful. One of our guests was old and frail, and they made sure she had a chair to sit on while we waited for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New West Portal GemSFfoodieDined on 6/13/2013I had lunch with friends at Trattoria da Vittoria (the old Cafe for all Seasons location). The special Gorgonzola-filled pasta pouches were an outstanding appetizer. We all raved about it. My beet salad included the finest beets I've ever tasted. They were top quality. Everyone in our group enjoyed the food. The service was outstanding. The staff has been well trained. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to West PortalKenAVIPDined on 5/22/2013Having watched West Portal develop over the past 35 years, Trattoria da Vittorio is a welcome addition. The energy is high-spirited and fun! Everyone on the staff was really enjoying, and contributing to the positive energy in the room. But, the real measurement of a restaurant is the food! When the bread was placed on the table it immediately brought back memories of grandma's homemade bread, Everything that followed was just as good. The calamari was crisp and tender. The rice balls and potato croquette were excellent. I will go back to try more entrees since the lasagna and the pappardelle with wild boar were prepared like I would have done at home, we loved both dishes and want to try more. Leave room for some great tiramisu!Special Features: