1800 Mason Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriacontadina.com/
- Phone: 4159825728
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Weekend Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Paulo Enriquez & Juan Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small upstairs dining room that seats up to 30 guests available Monday to Thursday.
- Private Party Contact: Gina Correnti 4159825728
A word from Trattoria Contadina
Trattoria Contadina is a lively and spirited traditional San Francisco Italian restaurant serving an eclectic mix of pastas, creative grilled meats, poultry, and seafood. Trattoria Contadina’s vibrant cuisine mirrors perfectly the passions, style and gusto that mark the Italian way of life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Contadina reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)fit for foodies (66)special occasion (52)romantic (51)notable wine list (36)good for groups (18)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- not cheapdrdbugmannDined on 9/29/2014has become pricey, especially wine by the glass. Great pasta dishes
- Saturday night foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014crowded, noisy, expensive wine list, BUT, great food (meatball appetizer, Carlesimo), service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok...nothing amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Went for dinner before a concert, food was good, nothing to write home about but tasty. My husbands Saltimoboca was pretty overcooked. Service...eh, just ok.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014We have eaten dinner here many times but this was the first time for brunch. The lemon ricotta pancakes were outstanding. Loads of fresh fruit. The breakfast risotto was amazing with two sunny eggs on top. The restaurant is small, friendly and fun. The food is always great and the service wonderful. On the corner of Union and Mason with the cable car going by. Lovely San Francisco gem.Special Features:
- Add this spot to your San Fran listOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely fabulous. Good was delicious! We had appetizers, pasta and dessert-- it was delicious-- fresh and authentic. Service was impeccable. Restaurant is small-- and we had a loud great next to us- but the ambiance was great. A must eat on your San Fran listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and ambiance. A neighborhood gem in the heart of San Fransisco.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemIowagirlDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent - not heavy, well sauced and spiced, wine recommendations were on target for our requests, water glasses kept filled, attentive and knoweldgeable waitress, and the cost was what you would expect from a neighborhood spot in North Beach. I'll go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't disappoint!CMD423Dined on 9/14/2014We visited Trattoria Contadina on a friend's recommendation and are glad we did. It's a small "homey" place with a friendly and conscientious staff and the food is AMAZING! The pastas are homemade and the dishes made with fresh, local ingredients. Everything was delicious! We will definitely be back the next time we visit San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014burata was excellent but the special of spaghetti with shrimp and scallops was very fishy tasting. not good.(I am a fisherman from new england so we have experience) also, spaghetti vongole, not a good sauce , too bitter.
- AveragesabrosoDined on 9/14/2014Fairly disappointed with our meal on Sunday night. Salads we had were ok, nothing special. I had Snapper and it was tough and a bit fishy. My spinach was good. My friend had chicken Ravioli. The filling was tasted under cooked and the pasta was mushy and falling apart, leaving the runny filling on the plate. I love coming to this small, quaint restaurant but not sure I will again. Hopefully the chef was just having an off night.Special Features:
- FantasticMonsieurDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good, and the drinks were perfect. The best part was the service. We sat upstairs on Saturday night in the corner table and the server and server assistant were more than complimentary. They weren't pushy or all over us. Having worked in the industry for a number of years myself it is refreshing to see great service without seeing robotic iterations of corporate conformity. Anyway we love this place and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014Best Manhattan Ive ever had, hands down. The bartender made his own concoction with 7+ ingredients and it was to die for. Food was great, service was great, all around great.Special Features:
- Multiple BenePippinDined on 9/1/2014Classic neighborhood Italian restaurant with great bread and pasta! Just what one would expect. Add a window seat and a periodic cable car bell and you get a taste of San Francisco. That is exactly what I wanted, nothing pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the Trolley LineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Seating is tight. But the food is very good. It was easy to get to on the Trolley from our Union Square hotel and worth it. With the seating, we had a nice conversation with the table beside us and got to compare our different dishes.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Food was good, pleasant atmosphere, friendly and courteous service, a little slow on the dinner after our salads. The Beet salad was good but maybe a little large for one person.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was fantastic, as usual - service very friendly and accomodating!Special Features:
- North Beach gemSacriderDined on 8/29/2014Second time here and the food is as spectacular as I remembered. And just around the corner from Beach Blanket Babylon. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Extraordinary food! Ordinary service. Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Extraordinary food! Ordinary service.Special Features:
- Great spot for classic ItaliandaveDined on 8/22/2014WE had a great meal. Awesome, friendly service. Good bar. Good wines. But, the food was the high point. The roasted pepper appetizer was great. All the pasta and second plates we had were wonderful.Special Features:
- Classic North Beach!MattVIPDined on 8/18/2014Classic Italian restaurant where we love to take out-of-town visitors. Quintessential San Francisco, with the cable car rolling by outside the window. Service and food are always top notch.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceLove2dineDined on 8/12/2014We dine here every year for our Anniversary..My favorite spot in SanFranciscoSpecial Features:
- Still exceeding expectationsAJATDined on 8/10/2014Returned to the scene of the crime where 11 years ago I stole my future wife's heart on our first date. Not many changes to note, which is a good thing! The peppers on the appetizer taste as great as always, but I recall the menu used to call this dish Pepperoni Rostodoro con Famaggio, and now it reads some Americanized, non memorable version. They also included the Balsamic Vinegar on the table now, where as before, you had to request it. Frut di Mare was amazing as expected, and I tried something new, which was the Meatballs, and discovered they a like a Sausage in Meatball clothing (but w/o the skin and fat).Special Features:
- Very HappyOCfoodguyDined on 8/9/2014This is still my single favorite restaurant in Calhallow / warf area! Try it you will be very impressed!Special Features:
- kristinLDined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing - the cantaloupe, procuitto and fresh mozzarella was melt in your mouth good.Special Features:
- RudyDined on 8/9/2014Had a super time as we do everytime we go there. It is a small diamond in the middle of North Beach off the beaten path of all the tourists. The food is just perfect and the friendly atmosphere the staff creates is most welcoming in a big city like SFSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atop Russian Hill (almost)LunchloverDined on 8/6/2014Trattoria Contadina is a great neighborhood place... and a lovely Italian restaurant overall. We've lived just up the street for a year now and we find it's smart to make a reservation if you want to be sure to get in! (It is no fun to be turned away at "your" corner restaurant.) I just took a friend from San Jose to dine and she absolutely loved it. She had the Pavarotti pasta and ordered extra cream sauce... not on my diet, but she was super happy. I had the polpettine (meatballs)... just right. The bar is adding some nice bottles - had a rye whiskey to start the meal. Thanks, everyone at TC for the quality and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local spot but overratedBritalianDined on 8/4/2014We arrived early as we were meeting friends there and our reservation was only available at 5pm when they opened so we had to wait outside .. No invitation to sit for a cocktail at the bar and when we sat down the chef was visibly annoyed. Very costly considering what we ate. But the food was of good Italian standard. Salad dressing was a bit over powering. This location is all by itself at the top of a steep hill ... Not easy for everyone to manage the climb and no view so for special occasions I would give this one a miss and go to Top of the Mark or for good value, brave the wait for Cheesecake Factory.
- Great italian food and great serv'nHappysmackerDined on 8/2/2014We were seated at our table immediately and did not have to wait. The server did a great job attending to our needs. The quality of the food was great at a competitive price. My only complaint was that the house Chianti was a bit tasteless and ordinary. I would rather have TJ's Sangiovese.Special Features:
- Food not greatKathyJDined on 8/2/2014Sorry, the food was a big disappointment. The server was lovely, the cosy atmosphere was just right. The bread and wine were good. The salad was bland and underdressed , I couldn't,t cut the tough meatball . It was just a round dry hamburger, no tender flavor that I was wanting. I ate one of the meatballs and quit. My friend entree was underwhelming as well The wine was great and reasonable pricedSpecial Features:
- Love this gemElvisDined on 8/1/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in North Beach. The pasta is superb and the service is great. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambienceViVeDined on 7/26/2014An excellent neighborhood restaurant... much better than the "tourist trap Italian restaurants" that we find on Columbus Avenue.Special Features:
- Family Italian Food As It Should BecoloradosteveDined on 7/26/2014My Gosh, if you live Italian food straight from the heart, here it is. Simply, straightforward, carefully selected high quality ingredients. Made with love and served with love. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!TiffanyDined on 7/26/2014This is my new favorite. The food is amazing and the service is impeccable!Special Features:
- charming family ItaliancgoodDined on 7/25/2014I almost don't want to tell anyone how wonderful this restaurant is for fear more people will go. Tight knit crew most there for 15 years or more, the chefs there for 30 years. Food is authentic and delicious. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HookemDined on 7/22/2014Always a great experience. Tuesday night, smaller crowd, great service, delicious food! We always make this our first evening out when we visit San Francisco.Special Features:
- Great North Beach GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014The food was great. I highly recommend the barrata and strawberries. The service was very good overall but beware of the flying fork when they bus the table. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in North Beach!MikeDined on 7/20/2014Authentic Italian classics! Awesome little place within walking distance of the Wharf! Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodSanVinDined on 7/19/2014The antipasta was a delightfully fresh selection and the entrees showed creativity without over complicating the flavors. Everything was quite yummy and the service was spot on - just enough without being intrusive. the wine list is a bit limited but we found a nice Syrah that complemented our meal. We will definately go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great LocationDavidBDined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent. The caprese, nocino and agnello were excellent. The restaurant is also in an excellent location along the cable car route.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Spot!clarkcasaDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed our 35th Anniversary here! Great service and the food was enjoyable. Had an amazing caprese salad, and decadent dessert. The house special coffee was delicious... Thanks for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.