363 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriacinquenyc.com/
- Phone: 2129650555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; CLOSED FOR LUNCH M-F
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mirco Grassini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Trattoria Cinque-modern interpretation of an authentic trattoria warm, professional service in a relaxed environment. Private dining: intimate groups of 10 - 100 & 250 for the entire restaurant. Our menu, takes you through all regions of Italy using locally sourced & imported Italian ingredients.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Taub 8774472409
A word from Trattoria Cinque
Trattoria Cinque is a 250-seater with 1960s’ Italian nuances, two fireplaces, oversized booths, wooden tables & a grand marble bar. New & vintage images of Vespas, Ducatis, & Maseratis are a tribute to Italy. Chef, Mirco Grassini has 20 years of expertise in Milan at restaurants & hotels is now showcasing the 5 best of everything in Italian cuisine, masterfully prepared - rustic & homemade. The menu features seasonal fare, chalkboard specials & simple classics. Signature dishes - prime cut of Aged Ribeye, Piadinas, Pizzas, Lasagna Bolognese, & made to order Ceasare Salad, celebrate local ingredients & Italian tradition. The wine list is centered on value, highlighting the best 5 Italian whites, reds, & reserves. Quartinos, a third of a bottle are offered. Classic cocktails using freshly squeezed juices paired with Gin, Aperol, Campari, Averna, & Prosecco to create refreshing libations. There are two private dining rooms. Lunch & dinner are served seven days a week, weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Cinque reviews from OpenTable diners
- Waiter seemed to have betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013Waiter seemed to have better things to do, but the food was delicious. house salad, Rib-eye and the ravioli were great!Special Features:
- The atmosphere is a bit tookgllnVIPDined on 2/2/2013The atmosphere is a bit too cavernous/empty/big...though the food more than makes up for it!
- Great food. Our male waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/24/2013Great food. Our male waiter was fantastic, but our waitress was not friendly in the slightest, didn't crack a smile once. The biggest problem was that it was FREEZING in there! Couldn't get comfortable at all! Temporary problem, I know, but now I know that I can't come to this restaurant when the weather outside is cold :(
- Good but not great!funepicureanVIPDined on 1/17/2013I general I do not think it deserves 4 stars like Morandi.... food is good, I was not the happiest person on the table because my carpaccio and main course i did not like much but I have to admit that the rest of the croud was happier than me. maybe because I am italian and i am a little picky. but the desserts were awesome!! Also, the decor is very beautiful but it was so loud that was hard to keep a conversation. Also the red wine was very good but did not have a great selection of white. in general I would say that is not memorable sorry!Special Features:
- Food was over priced and disappointJoanneDined on 12/28/2012Food was over priced and disappointing. Staff was rushed, distracted and bored.
- Comfortable spacious restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2012Comfortable spacious restaurant. Attentive and helpful wait person. Mixed review on the food. Scanty appetizer of 3 small fish bites was a staggering $27 on the special christmas eve menu.
- Great place in Tribeca, niceJohnDined on 12/18/2012Great place in Tribeca, nice large tables and great place to have dinner. Food selection and quality was very, dessert equally good. Service was just right, there when you need them, helpful and friendly but professional. It an easy choice when downtown.Special Features:
- Listen to your guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2012Excellent food especially the fish. Attentive service. The diners were a mixed group including families. The music sounded like a Disco Scene. When we were finishing dinner it semed like it got louder. It would have not been pleasant to sit through a nice dinner with lound disco music in the background. When we picked up coats we had to shout over the music to be heard. A person who worked there agreed it was not pleasant.Special Features:
- Very good Caesar salad. Meatballswh0caresVIPDined on 12/15/2012Very good Caesar salad. Meatballs had a good flavor. Chicken was very good but portion of side of potatoes was very small - only four bite sized pieces. Good prices for all you can drink mimosas and champagne for brunch. Server was attentive throughout ordering and serving but extremely slow in picking up our money to pay the bill.Special Features:
- Large attractive space. ExcellentUpperWestSiderVIPDined on 12/13/2012Large attractive space. Excellent caesar salad and pear Gorgonzola pizza, though pizza could have been hotter. I suppose i should have mentioned it to the waitstaff.Service a little slow.Special Features:
- I've been to Trattoria CinqueSteve516Dined on 12/7/2012I've been to Trattoria Cinque several times now, for brunch as well as dinner. The food is always well prepared and very tasty. The service is good, the tables are large with some room between them so you are not sharing dinner with your neighbors. Everything seems fresh and well thought out menu-wise, with a small but delicious selection to choose from. Worth a visit!Special Features:
- Not a bad place, and definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2012Not a bad place, and definitely some nicely done dishes on the menu. The chicken under a brick and short ribs were particular hits. The weakness was the service. One of those places where the proportion of waitstaff to customers didn't yield attentiveness. Took ages to get the menus, and then equally long to place the order. The plates were cleared piecemeal from the table, which is rude. Wait until everyone is finished before you bus the plates. There was some kind of manager on duty, but this didn't seem to help much. Felt as though the large tables with kids were getting lots of attention, but the smaller groups of diners were being left to figure it out for themselves.Special Features:
- a little disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012When we walked in the place was pretty empty except for the bar area. It took several minutes for someone to walk over and seat us. I asked the waiter for some wine recommendations, and his response was it depended on how much we wanted to pay. Not helpful or knowledgeable at all. The food was pretty good - but the service left much to be desired.
- Great Food with a Personal Touch!LIWriterGuyVIPDined on 11/10/2012A wonderful experience all-around. Came with a group of five on Saturday night and was surprised to find this five-star eatery nearly empty. As it turns out, the restaurants in this lower Manhattan area have taken quite a hit from the recent hurricane. The owner of Trattoria Cinque came over to our table to personally thank us for patronizing his establishment, which was just a lovely gesture. Everyone in our group enjoyed the food tremendously. I had a personal pizza with Gorgonzola Cheese and Pear, which was out of this world! Fun cocktail list, too, and the desserts were yummy! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We went there for a friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2012We went there for a friend's birthday brunch and we had a great time. We loved the food and the ambiance is perfect. The decor is rustic and cozy. The staff is really friendly as well. I would recommend this as a perfect brunch spot snuggled in TriBeCa.Special Features:
- Very good food, differentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Very good food, different than what you normally get at an Italian restaurant since it's a little more upscale. However, even after our Restaurant.com certificate, it was still way too overpriced for pasta.Special Features:
- After reading recent reviewsNancyDined on 9/30/2012After reading recent reviews I expected better service. It was weak. Servers seemed rushed and hurried. Food was nothing special.
- Solid every time!GeoffVIPDined on 9/26/2012Have eaten here several times and never disappointed. Great food, excellent service and decent prices all in trendy Tribeca.Special Features:
- Always love it here at TrattoriaGabzDined on 9/21/2012Always love it here at Trattoria Cinque. I keep coming back. The decor is cool and very NY/Italian contemporary. Food is outstanding and the service impeccable. The staff is energetic, friendly and welcoming. Rapidly becoming my favorite Tribeca spot!Special Features:
- While the food was good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2012While the food was good and the bread and ricotta for the table a great touch, I found it EXTREMELY overpriced. $23.00 for a small piece of eggplant parmagiana? They need to double the portion and include a side of pasta to justify a price like that. One of my dining companions felt her salad and fish entree were overly greasy and under-flavored. There are just too many other Italian restaurants in NYC with superior food and better prices. I wanted to like it more but I doubt I'll return.Special Features:
- A+ homemade pasta & big portions!LizJ13VIPDined on 8/24/2012Our server was so helpful in recommending dishes. We were thrilled with the quality of entrees we tried; the rib-eye was one of the best quality meats I've ever had and the portion was massive! Our hostess was very accommodating in allowing us to sit in a quiet corner of the restaurant. We were able to enjoy nice conversation without being bothered by the bar scene or television noise. Our table was well attended between the server and others coming over to refill drinks, clear plates and check on our overall satisfaction. Very yummy bread, too! A lovely neighborhood spot in Tribeca, just a short distance walk from the 1 train and the WTC PATH. Will definitely recommend to others!Special Features:
- It was my first time hereChristineVIPDined on 8/20/2012It was my first time here and I'll definitely be back. I had the Ravioli di Brasato - the homemade ravioli with braised shortrib - it was delicious with a good portion size. The waitstaff were attentive without being intrusive on our conversation and didn't rush us. A very nice evening.
- This was truly disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/20/2012This was truly disappointing! Food did not seem freshly cooked and rather thrown messily onto the plate. Wines were poor generic examples of their respective regions. Service was satisfactory but seemed a bit perfunctory.
- While the ambiance doesn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2012While the ambiance doesn't look too appealing, we were very happy to enjoy a very attentive service (thank you Andrea), excellent food, presented well and all for reasonable price. The Frittata was served hot, with fresh asparagus, scallions and mozzarella. Really delicious. The plate of Fromaggi was a beautiful presentation with well chosen Taleggio, Parmegiano, Pecorino and Goegonzola, along with special figs jam. All came with fresh Italian bread of various kind, butter and nutella on the side. Espressos were real Italian!Special Features:
- If I was in this neighborhoodGOODSTUFFVIPDined on 8/11/2012If I was in this neighborhood again I would visit again.
- This Italian restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012This Italian restaurant was exactly what we were looking for! Great food with great wine!Special Features:
- Tribeca GemnephwopDined on 7/13/2012Really enjoyed our meal here. The pizza we had with speck and mushrooms was truly delicious. One of the best I ever had. The branzino with grilled vegetables was also fantastic, the fish was perfect, moist and flaky. The buccatini cacio e pepe was well done with al dente pasta, but too much cheese overpowered this dish. a little less cheese and a little more pepper would have complimented the pasta much better. Our waiter was also very helpful and allowed us all the time we wanted without pushing us out. I would go back again, a Tribeca find!Special Features:
- I like the spacious dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2012I like the spacious dinning hall and the ambiance of the place, but I found food is a little disappointing, it's not bad food, but I was expecting something better.Special Features:
- Delicious authentic ItalianknickerbockerVIPDined on 6/5/2012Delicious authentic Italian at surprisingly reasonable prices. The lasagna, thin pizzas and fritto misto were fabulous; specialty cocktails great too.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/3/2012We were welcomed immediately. The service was great -- our water glasses were constantly refilled. Everything was served beautifully, especially the cheese platter on a huge, funky piece of wood. The pear and gorgonzola pizza was delicious. Everything was great. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Good service and good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2012Good service and good food. Relaxed atmosphere for afternoon brunch.Special Features:
- went for lunch during MemorialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/28/2012went for lunch during Memorial Day, so the restaurant was not busy (hence the "quiet" noise rating). Food and service were both excellent. As a side note, the mashed potatos were fantastic (you could tell it was homemade). would come back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Not a creative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2012We went there for brunch. They do not have any creativity on their menu, all items ordered for three people had a lot of eggs on all of them (even the pizza! With scrambled eggs on top!). The food was oily and heavy with little taste. I was not impressed. The service was nice, the drinks were good.Special Features:
- Our group of 8 went on anOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2012Our group of 8 went on an off-hour (4.30pm), so it felt like a private party. The branzino was fresh, and pizzas were thin and crispy. Too pricey though.Special Features:
- Always spot celebs here.GeoffVIPDined on 5/25/2012Have eaten here a few times and always spot celebs in this Tribeca gem. Nurse Jackie (true name?) and Michael Imperioli Sopranos and now 1800 tequila. Menu is bit simplistic but well executed. Excellent service always.Special Features:
- This was our 4th time at TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2012This was our 4th time at Trattoria Cinque and we'll be back again and again. The food's fantastic (we love the Frittura Mista!) and usually, so is the service. This time however, we found the service to be slow. There was a huge party in the back and our waiter was handling that as well. He kept forgetting about us and wasn't even apologetic, which was a little disappointing. Still, we'll be back. We normally love it there!Special Features:
- Our group of 7 went for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2012Our group of 7 went for Mother's Day and had a great time. Excellent hospitable service and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- It was a great resturant.GregDined on 5/11/2012It was a great resturant. The food was good except I had to send my steak back three times for them to cook it more. Each time they only seared the outside never cooking the meat thoroughly, I gave up the last time because I felt I was only wasting my breathe.Special Features:
- this place was my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/5/2012this place was my favorite italian restaurant! i can't believe they're closed. how unfortunate. they had such spacious seating and the food was delicious. you will be missed!!Special Features:
- NYC Girl..SassyViDined on 4/25/2012In the past I've been to Trattoria Cinque for cocktails, but this is the first time I attended for a meal. We were a group of 5 and the experience was great. The food, although, for NY a limited menu (5 choices in each category, thus the name)there was something for everyone. My friend had the homemade pasta, which looked amazing. I had the chicken with Arugla salad and it had shaved parmisian on it.. Most of my group, had the skirt steak and I can't wait to order that next time!Special Features: