165 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 2126848805
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Trattoria Belvedere
The charming authentic Tuscan Trattoria has an atmosphere perfect for fine dining. The setting is maderate, casual, and fun with several areas suitable for views. Trattoria Belvedere returns authenticity to Northern Italian Cuisine. Our Tiramisu (best in the city) our home made ravioli stuffed with lobster and a traditional tagliata (Tuscan Steak) our daily special. In addition to the great food, our staff our staff will always surprise you with a special wine selection not on our list. The restaurant is beautifally adorned with fresh cut flowers and illuminated by candle light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Belvedere reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food is delicious! Wonderful!Doc2Dined on 9/12/2014The food is delicious! The service excellent. The people so nice. Very attentive to allergies. We love it here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I eat at Trattoria Belvedere everytime I visit NYC (last 15 years) and it is always exceptional!!! Love the food, the service and the setting!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelvadereLizzieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Good local Italian restaurant , with very nice serviceSpecial Features:
- Friendly neighborhood placeKCfoodieDined on 8/28/2014Pretty good Italian food, friendly staff, inexpensive wine,enjoyable atmosphere in a neighborhood setting. There was a cool patio in back we would've like to try...Special Features:
- One Of Our Favorite Restaurants!DebSDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Belvedere for a few years now and it is always consistent! The food is always excellent with some unique dishes such as pasta with broccoli rabe and radicchio (one of my faves), the service is always outstanding, and the ambiance is romantic and usually quiet. It's a very pretty and cozy restaurant with exposed brick. The waiters are also very accommodating in case you want a specially made dish or have any dietary restrictions. This is truly a wonderful restaurant and you won't be disappointed!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service for birthday groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We came here for my husbands birthday with a group of 13 people and everything was perfect. The staff was the best service I've had in a long time. Very attentive and pleasant. Food was delicious as well. Thanks for such a pleasant evening!Special Features:
- excellent!jsaxDined on 7/9/2014We were looking for that "hidden gem" for just one meal during our visit to nyc and we found it. Reasonable prices, excellent, friendly service, and delicious food. If we ever return to New York we will definitely return to Trattoria Belvedere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindTheRaveDined on 6/28/2014If you aren't eating dinner here, you've made the wrong choice. Great atmosphere with friendly and attentive staff and on top of that, the food was excellent. I'll definitely be back and can't wait until I am.Special Features:
- What a great restaurant should beTheaDined on 6/8/2014The maitre d and waiters made my daughter's 30th birthday! They were gracious to me 97 year old mom, attentive but not intrusive. They restored us--what a restaurant should do, as my husband constantly reminds me, based on his years living in Paris. And they overheard us mention her 30th birthday and served champagne, generous flutes of champagne. An amazing evening, with the doors open to the street and the summer air wafting in.Special Features:
- Good Standard ItalianAndyDined on 6/7/2014If you want a no frills reasonable ltalian restaurant, this is a good one in Murray Hill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie37Dined on 5/21/2014Wonderful experience. Great food and very friendly and knowledgeable staff .Special Features:
- The following 114 reviews are from the Trattoria Belvedere reviews archive.
- DavidschuVIPDined on 5/16/2014Consistently fine food and wine in a very relaxed setting.Special Features:
- Great ItalianWolvie01Dined on 5/16/2014This is great food and the owner cares about his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in midtowneatcwVIPDined on 5/13/2014I love this wonderful gem - and come here often Never disappointed by the experienceSpecial Features:
- Not worth revisitinglesbrenDined on 5/8/2014Picked this place because it had gotten good reviews on open table. I was disappointed. Ordered a risotto that the waiter recommended. Not very flavorful. Salad kind of ordinary too. With so many great restaurants in the city, I was surprised this one was as filled as it was.
- OutstandingCottagecityDined on 5/7/2014Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Will be on our " go to list" for sure..we were a group go six , all ordering different things, and every dish was outstanding.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerrichardthegermanDined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebrating my wifes birthday in a familiar athmospere with an awesome steak main course. The tiramisu was delicious too.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood spotDomingoVIPDined on 4/6/2014Love this small restaurant, the food is deliciously impressive and the staff is very courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- BelvedereDavidschuVIPDined on 4/4/2014Still a lot better than your average neighborhood Italian trattoria. We are rarely disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a return visit afterHopsVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was a return visit after an excellent meal in January. They did not disappoint. Appetizers through desserts were well dressed and tasty. The hot food is served hot and the cold, cold. There service was prompt but not overboard. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy ambiance but OK foodMrsJVIPDined on 3/21/2014The ambiance is nice, comfortable, and warm with brick walls and decent size tables not on top of each other. The grilled squid appetizer was delicious, but the the rest - pasta and rib eye didn't impress us. They were good but not great for being recommended highly by the waiter and being on special. And we felt $40 steak and $24 pasta dish didn't match the special price. We'd go back if the prices matched everything else, but those prices make us expect something much better and it just wasn't.
- Special NightMickDined on 3/19/2014Last night 5 of us decided to celebrate a birthday. From beginning to end everything was superb. We started out with a moderately-priced Montelpulciano that was perfect. Starters were 3 nice fresh salads and burrata special as well as carpaccio. Everyone loved what they ordered. My wife had the filet in a mushroom sauce- she was smiling from ear to ear:)) I had the lamb chops - cooked to perfection - small but enough with mixed veg. The Chilean Sea Bass special - I got a bite - was to die for. Mushroom ravioli looked great. Desserts: I love tiramisu but honestly I have NEVER tasted better - again forget what the others had - was too focused on my discovery of the best tiramisu in the world! GREAT Restaurant - GREAT Food - GREAT ServiceSpecial Features:
- Delicious & Friendly!SaritaDined on 3/15/2014This is a little gem hidden in Murray Hill. They didn't have penne a la vodka listed on the menu, but had no problem making it when I asked if possible. It was DELICIOUS! The portions are gigantic, but since it was so good, I loved it. The servers were constantly checking in (not in an annoying way) to make sure we had pepper, cheese, water, wine, etc. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- my wife's birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014I organized a birthday dinner for my wife here on March 14th. Even though it was a large party the restaurant staff were very accommodating. We were seated on time and sampled the extensive wine list. The food was terrific as was the staff. I would definitely recommend for a special occasion or for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJuliaRaeBVIPDined on 2/22/2014I had never eaten here before but decided to try it out because it was close to my grandmother's house and we didn't want to make her walk far. We came (in a party of 8) for my grandmother's 80th Birthday and couldn't have had a better experience! The food was great and the service was absolutley incredible. I have never experience a more attentive, yet not annoying, waitstaff. The ambiance was very cozy and inviting - not too loud or commercial. Overall, we all had a wonderful dinner here. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Spot, Authentic flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/18/2014Great low key option in this neighborhood. Thoughtful executions of classic Italian fare - if it's not on the menu, don't hesitate to ask. My party of 3 had Shrimp Scampi, Lasagna Bolognese and a massive Rib Eye fiorentina. Good value and nicely sized portions. Not fussy or upscale, but just good old-school favorites in a cozy little spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini trip to Italylaurep19VIPDined on 2/14/2014The ambiance and service at Trattoria Belvedere allow you to feel as if you are on a quiet street in Florence or Rome. The candles and brick walls add to the romantic vibe, and the service is extraordinary - you will feel like family after going just once or twice. The food is very consistent, and the vodka sauce is especially great (ask for it even if it's not on the menu - they will make whatever you ask for as long as they have the ingredients for it!). Get the tiramisu for dessert - it's awesome!Special Features:
- great food & service!disappointedVIPDined on 2/1/2014Food was yummy with great price!! Friendly servers who memories the whole menu!! I will definitely go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was good food wasDaj1313VIPDined on 1/22/2014Restaurant was good food was good, but small tables for 4 made it uncomfortable.Special Features:
- This restaurant was a greatHopsVIPDined on 1/20/2014This restaurant was a great find at the last minute. Not sure why it has not received the attention. The food was hot and had great flavor. The atmosphere for a small Italian restaurant was perfect and the wait staff was very accomodating. Do yourself a favor and add this restaurant to your "must do" list in the city. You will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/18/2014We love this neighborhood restaurant. The staff is attentive but it's the food which never disappoints. It's has fun décor with Italian movie photos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was terrific. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2014Food was terrific. Wait staff were very nice service was really good. Reg menu is reasonable. Ask the price of the specials as some of them are very expensive. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great intimate setting forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2013A great intimate setting for a date. Enough space between other tables for privacy. Great food, great service, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with this recommendation.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013A friend recommended this restaurant and we went with a large group. The staff was very accommodating and very helpful with recommendations. They made our visit memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior food and seviceChuckHVIPDined on 12/14/2013Authentic Tuscan food, really far exceeded ant expectation. Exceptional service as well. We will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homie Italian FeelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2013I have been to this restaurant several times, it is very consistent it what it offers. And what it offers is simply a very homie old school italian atmosphere, with great classic italian dishses (Lasanga is fantastic) and reasonable prices. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicesilverfoxDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I heard about Trattoria Belevedere from a friend and decided to give it a try. We got stuck in traffic on a saturday night and wound up 15 minutes late. The owner/staff still held our reserved table for us and we were seated right away. The food was fantastic and we would up staying 2 hours. We strongly recommend the Lobster Ravioli with shrimp and the Tiramisu is the best we have every had, bar none. Top notch service as well. Dont be fooled by the yellow awning outside, its deceiving but no reason not to stop in the belvedere and have a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant. The foodDoc2Dined on 12/7/2013Lovely restaurant. The food is good. Quick service. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectationseatmuch11Dined on 11/30/2013I needed a restaurant that was in a neighborhood for an extended family ( 14 people) dinner on Thanksgiving weekend. Being a native New Yorker, I wanted to avoid the more congested neighborhoods in the city. We all could not have been more pleasantly surprised. We discovered an Italian Oasis in Little India! The service could not have been better, the ambience was perfect and not only was the food delicious, they were willing to make any dish that we requested. We ended up dining for three hours! Practically, unheard of in NYC! They never made us feel rushed or unwelcome. They topped off a great meal with complimentary homemade tiramisu that was the best tiramisu I ever had. 10 Stars from eatmuch?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAmyinthecityVIPDined on 11/23/2013We were a group that went to T.B. Our friend picked it out and we all met there. I was the first to arrive, many restaurants won't seat you when only one person is there, but T.B. seated me and made me feel very comfortable. They immediately brought me water and asked if I needed anything. Already impressed, once my group was there we ordered, two of us ordered items not on the menu...the waiter said "we will make anything you want" which is a big promised but they came through! We all thought the food was excellent and the service is unbeatable in Manhattan. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.