165 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (212) 684-8805
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Trattoria Belvedere
The charming authentic Tuscan Trattoria has an atmosphere perfect for fine dining. The setting is maderate, casual, and fun with several areas suitable for views. Trattoria Belvedere returns authenticity to Northern Italian Cuisine. Our Tiramisu (best in the city) our home made ravioli stuffed with lobster and a traditional tagliata (Tuscan Steak) our daily special. In addition to the great food, our staff our staff will always surprise you with a special wine selection not on our list. The restaurant is beautifally adorned with fresh cut flowers and illuminated by candle light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Belvedere reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)good for groups (13)notable wine list (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Neigborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014Went on a Sunday night. Food was very good and authentic, Ambience was lovely and warm. Went with family on a Sunday night and you could actually have a conversation. My daughter ordered the Lasagna and she said it was almost as good as mine. That's a real compliment. Make sure that when the waiter lists the specials, you ask the cost. Some are very pricey. The menu is nicely priced. Oso Bucco on special was $40. That's a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOODLuv2eatVIPDined on 11/20/2014i'VE BEEN TO TRATTORIA BELVEDERE SEVERAL TIMES AND THEY ARE VERY ACCOMMODATING AND THE FOOD IS GOOD. RESTAURANT NEEDS A LITLE UPDATING AND CLEANING.Special Features:
- Beware the Specials or Ask the Price!toddxVIPDined on 11/16/2014I did my due diligence online, wanting to find a nice local restaurant with good food and a warm atmosphere. I didn't need the bells and whistles and most definitely did not want a tourist trap in Murray Hill. Enter Tratttoria Belvedere. I was seated quickly but then had to ask for a menu. My little tucked away space was maybe too much out of sight and out of mind. My first waiter listed the specials quickly and I couldn't get all the details. But, I wanted to review the main menu, so I thought I'd just ask again. My second server (I probably had 4 that night?) listed the specials again and I asked about the Lobster Ravioli vs. the Osso Buco. "Oh, the Osso Buco, of course." Great, I'll get it. Now, here's where we all made mistakes: No one told me the prices of any of the specials. And I, after reviewing the overall price point of the items on their menu, assumed what the price would be approximately. This is when I ask you, "What would you think a normal price for Osso Buco should be?" I assumed $28-30. So, imagine my surprise when it was listed on my bill at $40. I should have been weeping because it was so delicious (it was fine), not because I paid 25% more than is reasonable. I also had the burrata which was creamy, but the tomatoes were a step above plastic. And the whole salad just needed flavor. Their wine pours were quite generous, and I always like to give credit where it's due. All in all, this is not the great local Italian restaurant you're looking for. Keep searching and good luck!
- Fantastic!!PankoVIPDined on 11/15/2014What a wonderful find. This was one of our best Italian restaurant experiences in Manhattan, and we've been to many with stellar reputations. I can't say enough good things about Trattoria Belvedere. This is a romantic spot with an obviously loyal local following. The service is so attentive; they do everything right. The food is fantastic. We had grilled squid and possibly the best, creamiest mozzarella ever (with tomatoes and basil). My wife had a delicious mixed seafood pasta marinara dish. My sautéed duck+mushrooms was one of my all-time favorite duck dishes. Solid all-Italian wine list. The Tiramisu was perfect. My wife isn't a fan of that normally, but said it was the best she's had. Can't wait to go back on our next NYC visit. I'd give it SIX STARS if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- positive past reviews ??? How?McLovinfoodieDined on 11/8/2014Weak excuse for Italian in New York, poor food rushed service
- Intimate space with an authentic feelMidtownEatsVIPDined on 11/5/2014It was empty on a weekday at lunchtime. The restaurant feels welcoming, simple, authentic. The decor isn't memorable but everything is as it should be: exposed brick, framed black-and-white photos from Italian movies, white tablecloths. We sat by the window and had a fantastic meal: burrata, prosciutto with melon, a tuna steak, a papardelle dish, and ricotta cheesecake. Our server may have been the manager or the owner; he was definitely Italian and knew the menu very well and gave us dessert wine on the house. Good-size portions, fair prices, overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTravelingguyDined on 11/3/2014A real neighborhood gem. Everything was great from the calamari to the wine. We weren't rushed and enjoyed a quiet relaxed evening. We are from a Chicago but were treated like old friends. I lived in NY for 8 years and I had to find one of the best restaurants in the city 10 years after I moved. Well done and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBennyPDined on 11/1/2014Service, food, experience was great. Burrata was really good. Asparagus in brown butter great. My wife's salmon was perfect. The Osso Buco very nice. And service was energetic but very attentive. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrBobVIPDined on 10/29/2014solid neighborhood Northern Italian. Not fancy or "hot", but excellent choice for a great meal at a fair price.
- Solid Traditional ItalianAOC59Dined on 10/25/2014Had reservations for 7 people on sat night, arrived instead with 9- staff didn't blink an eye, they just reset the seating and added a table. Service was attentive and friendly. Atmosphere is subdued, exposed brick etc. Food was very good, not flashy but solid, fairly traditional menu, good selection of specials, reasonable wine list. Total w/ tip ~ $60/head including wine, apps, mains, dessert If you want something that is straight forward, no surprises, quality food this is a good place. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food-always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Family owned place-caters to customers. Many daily specials plus menu. Homemade pasta. VERY BEST homemade Tiramisu. Most entrees below $24. wine is abundant; generous pour. NO full bar, just wine and beer.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Kwm5Dined on 10/20/2014The food and wine were outstanding. Will definitely go back!
- Excellent meal but couldn't leaveIllinoisEatersVIPDined on 10/19/2014My party of four recently had an excellent meal here. It is an intimate (perhaps 15 tables) neighborhood Italian restaurant. It was quiet, so conversations were not difficult at all. We were seated immediately and the friendly staff was quite helpful with all the usual dealings. Our meals were very good. My salad was actually fantastic. Our table had Osso Bucco, sea bass, and stuffed ravioli. The wine list was nice, and the staff was spot-on in helping select an Italian red to go with our entrees. The only issue we had was departing. It took least half an hour after being finished before the staff could get us our check and get us out. Not that we were in a hurry, but it did get a bit uncomfortable. We would definitely return, though!Special Features:
- Love Everything About ItLMDoDined on 10/6/2014The food was absolutely amazing- the proscuitto & buffalo mozzarella for appetizer is perfect (the cheese and meat were both soft), and the gnocchi is homemade and the perfect texture (tried it in two different sauces- four cheese and vodka sauce, and it was amazing in both sauces). The service is great; the servers are professionally, knowledgeable, and friendly. This is definitely a favorite restaurant that I will continue to go to.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSteveNorwalkDined on 10/6/2014First time I've been here, but selected it because of the high ratings from other guests. Overall an excellent meal at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We had our adult son's birthday dinner at Trattoria Belvedere and had a wonderful time. We had everything from appetizers to dessert and they even brought dessert with a candle on it for our son. A great special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindssrsVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were looking for a restaurant midway between our homes. What a find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an old friendOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014Good, solid and affordable neighborhood italian. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is delicious! Wonderful!Doc2Dined on 9/12/2014The food is delicious! The service excellent. The people so nice. Very attentive to allergies. We love it here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as AlwaysMaxPaulDined on 9/12/2014I eat at Trattoria Belvedere everytime I visit NYC (last 15 years) and it is always exceptional!!! Love the food, the service and the setting!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelvadereLizzieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Good local Italian restaurant , with very nice serviceSpecial Features:
- Friendly neighborhood placeKCfoodieDined on 8/28/2014Pretty good Italian food, friendly staff, inexpensive wine,enjoyable atmosphere in a neighborhood setting. There was a cool patio in back we would've like to try...Special Features:
- One Of Our Favorite Restaurants!DebSDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Belvedere for a few years now and it is always consistent! The food is always excellent with some unique dishes such as pasta with broccoli rabe and radicchio (one of my faves), the service is always outstanding, and the ambiance is romantic and usually quiet. It's a very pretty and cozy restaurant with exposed brick. The waiters are also very accommodating in case you want a specially made dish or have any dietary restrictions. This is truly a wonderful restaurant and you won't be disappointed!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Trattoria Belvedere reviews archive.
- Amazing service for birthday groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We came here for my husbands birthday with a group of 13 people and everything was perfect. The staff was the best service I've had in a long time. Very attentive and pleasant. Food was delicious as well. Thanks for such a pleasant evening!Special Features:
- excellent!jsaxDined on 7/9/2014We were looking for that "hidden gem" for just one meal during our visit to nyc and we found it. Reasonable prices, excellent, friendly service, and delicious food. If we ever return to New York we will definitely return to Trattoria Belvedere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindTheRaveDined on 6/28/2014If you aren't eating dinner here, you've made the wrong choice. Great atmosphere with friendly and attentive staff and on top of that, the food was excellent. I'll definitely be back and can't wait until I am.Special Features:
- What a great restaurant should beTheaDined on 6/8/2014The maitre d and waiters made my daughter's 30th birthday! They were gracious to me 97 year old mom, attentive but not intrusive. They restored us--what a restaurant should do, as my husband constantly reminds me, based on his years living in Paris. And they overheard us mention her 30th birthday and served champagne, generous flutes of champagne. An amazing evening, with the doors open to the street and the summer air wafting in.Special Features:
- Good Standard ItalianAndyDined on 6/7/2014If you want a no frills reasonable ltalian restaurant, this is a good one in Murray Hill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie37Dined on 5/21/2014Wonderful experience. Great food and very friendly and knowledgeable staff .Special Features:
- DavidschuVIPDined on 5/16/2014Consistently fine food and wine in a very relaxed setting.Special Features:
- Great ItalianWolvie01VIPDined on 5/16/2014This is great food and the owner cares about his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in midtowneatcwVIPDined on 5/13/2014I love this wonderful gem - and come here often Never disappointed by the experienceSpecial Features:
- Not worth revisitinglesbrenDined on 5/8/2014Picked this place because it had gotten good reviews on open table. I was disappointed. Ordered a risotto that the waiter recommended. Not very flavorful. Salad kind of ordinary too. With so many great restaurants in the city, I was surprised this one was as filled as it was.
- OutstandingCottagecityDined on 5/7/2014Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Will be on our " go to list" for sure..we were a group go six , all ordering different things, and every dish was outstanding.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerrichardthegermanDined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebrating my wifes birthday in a familiar athmospere with an awesome steak main course. The tiramisu was delicious too.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood spotDomingoVIPDined on 4/6/2014Love this small restaurant, the food is deliciously impressive and the staff is very courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- BelvedereDavidschuVIPDined on 4/4/2014Still a lot better than your average neighborhood Italian trattoria. We are rarely disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a return visit afterHopsVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was a return visit after an excellent meal in January. They did not disappoint. Appetizers through desserts were well dressed and tasty. The hot food is served hot and the cold, cold. There service was prompt but not overboard. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy ambiance but OK foodMrsJVIPDined on 3/21/2014The ambiance is nice, comfortable, and warm with brick walls and decent size tables not on top of each other. The grilled squid appetizer was delicious, but the the rest - pasta and rib eye didn't impress us. They were good but not great for being recommended highly by the waiter and being on special. And we felt $40 steak and $24 pasta dish didn't match the special price. We'd go back if the prices matched everything else, but those prices make us expect something much better and it just wasn't.
- Special NightMickDined on 3/19/2014Last night 5 of us decided to celebrate a birthday. From beginning to end everything was superb. We started out with a moderately-priced Montelpulciano that was perfect. Starters were 3 nice fresh salads and burrata special as well as carpaccio. Everyone loved what they ordered. My wife had the filet in a mushroom sauce- she was smiling from ear to ear:)) I had the lamb chops - cooked to perfection - small but enough with mixed veg. The Chilean Sea Bass special - I got a bite - was to die for. Mushroom ravioli looked great. Desserts: I love tiramisu but honestly I have NEVER tasted better - again forget what the others had - was too focused on my discovery of the best tiramisu in the world! GREAT Restaurant - GREAT Food - GREAT ServiceSpecial Features: