3909 Providence Rd
Waxhaw, NC 28173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://conterestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 7042430633
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm, Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bring the flavors of Tuscany to your home, office or special venue. Whether you are planning a large reception or an intimate multi-course dinner, we can take care of all you off-site catering needs. We are also available to customize your special and private events. We can comfortably accommodate sixty-five guests for a seated dinner and over one hundred for a cocktail and hors d’oeuvres event.
- Private Party Facilities: Trattoria's size and layout offers many options for groups or you can reserve the entire restaurant for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Garcia 7042430633
A word from Trattoria Antica
Waxhaw welcomes authentic Italian tavern-style cuisine in a casual family setting. An extensive Italian wine selection is offered to pair with the delicious cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Trattoria Antica - Best Restaurants in Waxhaw ›
Trattoria Antica reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (24)romantic (23)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Waxhaw gem!NanZVIPDined on 8/22/2014We love that Waxhaw has Trattoria Antica. We had a great evening with friends. We had the calamari for appetizer and all our pasta dishes were delicious. Wine selection was great and our server was knowledgeable about the menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014The entire evening was very enjoyable. Great food! Great Service! Very nice atmosphere to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We booked to have our 48th wedding anniversary last Wednesday, having been to the restaurant once before when we had thoroughly enjoyed it. This time we were quite disappointed. We both had Sea Bass & Mussels which was the daily special. The mussels tasted "Old". The Sea Bass was bland & watery, as if it had been frozen & was completely overshadowed by the taste of the spinach & mussels both of which had a strong after taste. The Calamari starter & Caesar's Salad were fine & the service was very good. It would have been nice if the restaurant had acknowledged our anniversary in some small way, the Maître d' did say "Happy Anniversary" in passing. All in all a disappointment!
- ElduqueDined on 8/15/2014Nice place, excellent food, very good service. At times this restaurant can be loud. Always enjoy our selves here. The night we were there their system connecting to Open Table was not working. We hope this has been updated and we receive our points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermickeymoeDined on 8/11/2014August 11th was our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We made reservations for 5:30 for dinner. Upon arriving at the restaurant we were the only ones there dining. We already were prepared that the restaurant might not be to busy, as it was a Monday night....but by 6:00 the place was filling up! The owner greeted us and made light conversation with us. We told him we were there to celebrate our anniversary. He promptly brought over complimentary glasses of champagne for us. What a nice surprise! We enjoyed a wonderful meal and were surprised again with a delicious piece of cake with a candle on top! Love this restaurant for the food, service and that it's so close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy with the localsNickDined on 8/8/2014Food is usually very good. They definitely need another server on duty. They finally added a bartender, Tom I think, who is pretty good but also over loaded between making drinks and serving food. This is a good place to go on the off nights.Special Features:
- Don't underestimate this oneJackVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find a serious and high quality Italian restaurant in Waxhaw. The service and management were superb, the food was great. It's in a storefront, not very large, and doesn't exactly drip with old world ambience, but the food and service rank high enough to make this one a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Food continues to be very good. We were there on a Thursday night and the place was about half full. There were only two waiters who seemed somewhat overwhelmed. Food was very slow coming out of the kitchen. The meal itself was excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutMoodyfoodyDined on 7/29/2014The service and staff were wonderful.... It's too bad the food wasn't so great. We ordered calamari... They weren't bad but the marinara sauce was extremely spicy hot. I ordered the chicken Tuscan and I ordered the garlic noodles for the side... The chicken wasn't bad... But the noodles again were very spicy because they had a lot of red pepper flakes... I tried the tarimasu and it was very tasty. We also had the the wine which was a chianti which was very nice. Overall not a bad place. Nice and quiet little spot, but food could be less spicy hot ( or at least have non spicy option). And overall entree presentation could use some improvement. Also, they need a baby changing table in bathroom.Special Features:
- Loved it!SandRWDined on 7/25/2014We spent our wedding anniversary here and had the best time! The food and service was fabulous! We would highly recommend to others and already look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodwine4foodDined on 7/25/2014The food is very good and well priced, for the most part. The service was very slow and the server came off a little cold and rude at times. The server didn't have good knowledge of all menu items or all of the wine so you must know exactly what you want and not require extensive guidance in your decision making and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be backNCFoodieGalDined on 7/25/2014We were excited to dine here for the first time and used the Charlotte Restaurant Week to experience their best. We were seated promptly but had to ask to be waited on. Two of the three of us were ready to enjoy Lobster Ravioli, a restaurant week feature. Well, this was no longer an option nor was the caprese salad. They said numerous requests were received to offer standard raviolis (you know, stuffed w/cheese) so they changed the menu. Seriously? These people could have simply ordered off of the standard menu. Speaking of, the restaurant week specials were certainly of no savings. The service was slow and my Chicken Picatta was something you'd get from a cafeteria. Will not return and and will definitely not recommend to anyone.
- Always good.sweetpeaDined on 7/24/2014Went to Trattoria Antica during Restaurant week. The choices were plentiful and the swordfish that I ordered was delicious. The service is always great. Definitely recommend trying Trattoria Antica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE ITMad4MartinisDined on 7/24/2014What a neighborhood gem!! I was one of the first customers and still dine there at least once a week. Love the delicious drinks that bartender, Alberto Garcia, creates- like the peach, basil, jalapeno martini!! Everyone is treated like family there, the service impecable and the food is always consistently wonderful, with great specials! I love taking friends and family here as I know it will always be a pleasureable experience.Special Features:
- Great as Always!MCabanaURDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I go here quite a bit and especially during Charlotte Restaurant Week. I have been to Italy 4 times and the food and service here are as close to you can get to it! I feel like the people who dislike this restaurant are probably the ones who would rather go to Olive Garden which as an Italian is insulting. In Italy you go out to eat to sit and relax and enjoy the company you are with, you'd be luck to get out in less than 1.5 to 2 hours. Trattoria Antica is similar in the way that they let you eat and talk and don't rush you out the door. I disagree with the people who thought the service was bad...it is not, they respect your privacy. I don't want someone coming over to my table every 2 minutes. Overall great food! Love it!
- Fabulous new findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I went with my aunt for Restaurant Week and will definitely be back. We had great food, friendly service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!love2eatDined on 7/19/2014this is the fourth time we've been to this place, the food and atmosphere have been amazing each time. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, extremely slow serviceBandMomDined on 7/19/2014Ok, we went during restaurant week, it was a Saturday night, but they should have been staffed for a busy evening. Portions were generous, everything was fresh, well prepared and tasty. Would call it mid-priced modern traditional Italian. Bummer here was the slow service, we waited at least 1/2 hour for our 1st course to arrive, then another eternity for entrees. The catch of the day fish entrée arrived luke-warm and slightly over cooked at least for me (some may like it this way), makes me think it sat for a while before delivered to our table. Our servers never asked if we would like coffee with desert. And we waited another eternity for the check. Doubt we will return, there are other options.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We tried this restaurant during restaurant week. I thought the food was prepared in a quick rush, not very hot, pasta sticky, veal precooked and just warmed to serve quickly. I was dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Chef's seafood specialpearlDined on 7/17/2014We frequently dine at Trattoria and the seafood specials are our favorite. Consistently fresh and prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in The HawAnticaWXWDined on 7/17/2014This was the second time we've been to Antica, and the Conte family doesn't disappoint. They didn't have any menus as it was somewhat packed at 7pm, which I look at as a good thing. We were patient enough to wait since it was our anniversary and we didn't want to be rushed out of there like you do at some restaurants. But not here. They seemed understaffed this night we were there, but the food came out a good time from the appetizer to the entree. Regardless of their short staff of waiters, both servers seemed on top of the restaurant and were working very hard to make everyone happy. My wife had the farfalle with sun dried tomatoes and chicken which gets a 5 star rating. I had penne alla vodka with 6 very large Shrimp added. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for localsLuv2dineoutDined on 7/13/2014Visited trattoria antica this past Sunday and had a wonderful experience. Service was prompt, food was fresh as can be. Give it a chance you won't be dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered favoriteMaryGDined on 7/12/2014After a few busy years, we were delighted to rediscover this gem, tucked away in a small strip shopping center in Waxhaw. The food is superb. We recommend the house salad (single serving enough for a couple to share), short ribs, gnocchi, divine eggplant Parmesan, and a shrimp special with glazed onions. Our server John was professional, amiable, and quick-witted, adding to our wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014First time there. Food and service was excellent. We brought friends and they said the same. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job!GribboDined on 7/8/2014Antonio did a great job as our server. Very friendly and correct with the orders. The food was served hot and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- A little bit of Italy in WaxhawLuv2gardenDined on 7/8/2014Nothing more to say than food was amazing, service was friendly and attentive, and you need to go and eat there! We had the risotto and shrimp and a lovely chocolate cake for dessert. Simple and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014In last year we have dined with you four times. Service and food has been excellent on each occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find in WaxhawClaytonDined on 7/3/2014Perfectly prepared seafood. Friendly and engaged wait staff. This will become a regular dinner spot for us. (And anyone we want to impress).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunitedHungryDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I took a old friend out for dinner. It was a great evening all a round. The restaurant was quiet enough for great conversation. The food was excellent as always. The staff was on top of everything, attentive but not overly so. My wife a picky eater had the fresh fish and enjoyed every bite. Our friend had a chicken dish and loved it. I had the Shrimp Postiano which is always fantastic. Could not tell you about the deserts because I could not have eaten another bite.Special Features:
- wowOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014Good food and our server(carlo) make our night very special, thak you TrattoriaSpecial Features:
- Good Neighborhood ItalianMikeKDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I really enjoyed Trattoria Antica. As a sister restaurant with Toscanos in Southpark we expected good things and were not disappointed. Nice fresh italian cuisine with a good wine list. The gluten free pasta was enjoyed by our guest.Special Features:
- Food was delicious!JillWaxhawDined on 6/20/2014We had a great dinner at Trattoria Antica. My husband and I went for a quick date night. We decided to split a few items. We tried the Bruschetta, the Caesar salad and split the Cavattelli pasta dish, with sausage, tomatoes and broccoli. We enjoyed the Bruschetta and the Pasta. Didn't care for the Caesar salad. The dressing was not great. My husband didn't even eat his portion. However we very much enjoyed the pasta dish! You could tell the Cavattelli were fresh and the dish was delicious! We didn't sample wines or desserts so I have no comment on those, but we will be back again for sure. Our service was great and we had someone filling our water, our drinks, and clearing plates away throughout the entire meal.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The food and service is always great here! Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great nightCherylth3010VIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a great night at Trattoria Antica. Food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Great wine and food recommendations. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waxhaw gemJoeyDined on 6/12/2014This is becoming our go to spot to celebrate family events. Varied menu, excellent food quality, and satisfying portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Delicious DiningGrannyDined on 6/12/2014Once again, we enjoyed our meal at Trattoria Antica. This was our 5th visit and we were celebrating my husband's birthday and our 44th wedding anniversary. I ordered the homemade cheese ravioli and found it perfect in every way. My husband ordered Cavatelli Rustica and reports it as, "wonderful". Truthfully, there has never been a menu choice that disappointed us. When I made the reservation online, I put a note in the comment section asking for a birthday candle in my husband's dessert. Don't bother putting a note there as I don't believe anyone reads them or makes notations about the diner. The cannoli were different from the last time I ordered them-a bit overcook on the shells and sparse on the filling. The chocolate mousse-fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LannyVIPDined on 6/11/2014Good food, good service, even though operating shorthanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicelovegoodfoodDined on 6/7/2014Reservations for 815 Saturday Night. Arrived early and was seated early. Restaurant was 3/4 full. We ordered everything when the waiter first arrived (drinks, appetizer, and main course). Serving time was excellent. Drink was nice and strong (I like them that way). Wife's diet coke was completely flat. As a former waiter, that should have been noticed. Not a deal breaker. Caprese app was delicious. Wife's chicken parm with side of spaghetti was excellent; my bacon wrapped scallops over mushroom risotto was very good (a bit too gooey) but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodLuvtodineDined on 6/7/2014We invited an Italian couple who dine out frequently to go with us to Trattoria Antica. Everywhere we go to dine with them, they have great recommendations for certain dishes. Both of them loved their Trattoria Antica entrees (the scallop special with risotto and mushrooms and shrimp positiono) and want to return to try other dishes on the menu...an enthusiastic accolade for a wonderful restaurant with great service. We love being served by John who is well-informed on the menu choices and specials as well as very witty and funny! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentMarleyDined on 6/7/2014always fresh and unique food. the food and service never disappoints.Special Features: