3909 Providence Rd
Waxhaw, NC 28173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://conterestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 7042430633
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm, Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bring the flavors of Tuscany to your home, office or special venue. Whether you are planning a large reception or an intimate multi-course dinner, we can take care of all you off-site catering needs. We are also available to customize your special and private events. We can comfortably accommodate sixty-five guests for a seated dinner and over one hundred for a cocktail and hors d’oeuvres event.
- Private Party Facilities: Trattoria's size and layout offers many options for groups or you can reserve the entire restaurant for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Garcia 7042430633
A word from Trattoria Antica
Waxhaw welcomes authentic Italian tavern-style cuisine in a casual family setting. An extensive Italian wine selection is offered to pair with the delicious cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Antica - Best Restaurants in Waxhaw ›
Trattoria Antica reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (21)romantic (17)kid-friendly (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/20/2014Great food, always have great time. Superb service. Try specialties martinis and the fish of the day out if this world!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014we sat quickly with a reservation. waiter came right over and brought us our wine. and then we ordered an appetizer. we were then ignored for at least 20 minutes when we finally asked someone to bring bread. that came and our appetizer finally arrived after almost an hour of getting there. while we were still eating the appetizer the food came out. it became very rushed. they did take off the appetizer from the bill but it was annoying.Special Features:
- Not as good as in the pastJ4foodVIPDined on 10/17/2014Pasta was under cool which was sent back which delayed my meal while my wife almost finished hers before the corrected dish was served. The restaurant didn't comp anything as recognition of the major mistake. The food itself was not of the taste it should have been for the price, Macaroni Grills food would have been better. Won't go back
- Another great mealeatwellDined on 10/11/2014Service and food very good again. Been here several times and food has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LjjdDined on 10/6/2014Food was the best ever! Attentive waiter..amazing wine...we hav always had a good meal here......this was a great meal! It was the best Italian meal I have ever had!Special Features:
- Customer focusedWineSnob75Dined on 10/3/2014I accidentally made my reservation for the wrong date, but the restaurant staff bent over backwards to accommodate me on short notice. They were wonderful and attentive the whole evening. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the experience. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Waxhaw has neededNickDined on 10/3/2014This is a small neighborhood restautrant in it's second full year of operation that provides good service and good food. Note that on week-ends it can get very busy and you better have a reservation. They have specials on top of the regular menu and a bar that sits aboout 12 people. Not a great place for kids.Special Features:
- New York Italian in the Southndp1236VIPDined on 10/3/20144th time and enjoy it every time! I think this last visit the service was better than my previous visits. A gem from a food snob. Every course was excellent. great place for a celebration.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianMikeDined on 10/2/2014Just got back from two weeks in Italy. Felt like we never left. Service and food was just wonderful.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Always great food!!! My husband and I have never had a bad meal here. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood find.JTropDined on 9/20/2014This is our new "go to" restaurant and it's in our back yard...Special Features:
- Out of too many itemsCLJCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Overall food and service were good. Specials were a little pricey. Also out of things on the special menu and out of a wine that was on the wine list with no suitable replacement.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The swordfish special was outstanding and the homemade ravioli was spot on! The Penne Ala Vodka was mediocre this time around and the calamari was bland and the sauce for dipping was bland as well...tasted like pureed tomatoes with no seasoning. Overall, it was not nearly as good as previous visits.Special Features:
- CharminghappyfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant with a relaxed feel. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The bread and white beans that came with our meal were a nice touch and well-seasoned. Will definitely make a return trip here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great-Worth the DriveTPDinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant perhaps has the best food of all the Conte Restaurants, and we frequent them all. Great service too!Special Features:
- Waxhaw gem!NanZVIPDined on 8/22/2014We love that Waxhaw has Trattoria Antica. We had a great evening with friends. We had the calamari for appetizer and all our pasta dishes were delicious. Wine selection was great and our server was knowledgeable about the menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014The entire evening was very enjoyable. Great food! Great Service! Very nice atmosphere to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We booked to have our 48th wedding anniversary last Wednesday, having been to the restaurant once before when we had thoroughly enjoyed it. This time we were quite disappointed. We both had Sea Bass & Mussels which was the daily special. The mussels tasted "Old". The Sea Bass was bland & watery, as if it had been frozen & was completely overshadowed by the taste of the spinach & mussels both of which had a strong after taste. The Calamari starter & Caesar's Salad were fine & the service was very good. It would have been nice if the restaurant had acknowledged our anniversary in some small way, the Maître d' did say "Happy Anniversary" in passing. All in all a disappointment!
- ElduqueDined on 8/15/2014Nice place, excellent food, very good service. At times this restaurant can be loud. Always enjoy our selves here. The night we were there their system connecting to Open Table was not working. We hope this has been updated and we receive our points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermickeymoeDined on 8/11/2014August 11th was our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We made reservations for 5:30 for dinner. Upon arriving at the restaurant we were the only ones there dining. We already were prepared that the restaurant might not be to busy, as it was a Monday night....but by 6:00 the place was filling up! The owner greeted us and made light conversation with us. We told him we were there to celebrate our anniversary. He promptly brought over complimentary glasses of champagne for us. What a nice surprise! We enjoyed a wonderful meal and were surprised again with a delicious piece of cake with a candle on top! Love this restaurant for the food, service and that it's so close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy with the localsNickDined on 8/8/2014Food is usually very good. They definitely need another server on duty. They finally added a bartender, Tom I think, who is pretty good but also over loaded between making drinks and serving food. This is a good place to go on the off nights.Special Features:
- Don't underestimate this oneJackVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find a serious and high quality Italian restaurant in Waxhaw. The service and management were superb, the food was great. It's in a storefront, not very large, and doesn't exactly drip with old world ambience, but the food and service rank high enough to make this one a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Food continues to be very good. We were there on a Thursday night and the place was about half full. There were only two waiters who seemed somewhat overwhelmed. Food was very slow coming out of the kitchen. The meal itself was excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutMoodyfoodyDined on 7/29/2014The service and staff were wonderful.... It's too bad the food wasn't so great. We ordered calamari... They weren't bad but the marinara sauce was extremely spicy hot. I ordered the chicken Tuscan and I ordered the garlic noodles for the side... The chicken wasn't bad... But the noodles again were very spicy because they had a lot of red pepper flakes... I tried the tarimasu and it was very tasty. We also had the the wine which was a chianti which was very nice. Overall not a bad place. Nice and quiet little spot, but food could be less spicy hot ( or at least have non spicy option). And overall entree presentation could use some improvement. Also, they need a baby changing table in bathroom.Special Features:
- Loved it!SandRWDined on 7/25/2014We spent our wedding anniversary here and had the best time! The food and service was fabulous! We would highly recommend to others and already look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodwine4foodDined on 7/25/2014The food is very good and well priced, for the most part. The service was very slow and the server came off a little cold and rude at times. The server didn't have good knowledge of all menu items or all of the wine so you must know exactly what you want and not require extensive guidance in your decision making and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be backNCFoodieGalDined on 7/25/2014We were excited to dine here for the first time and used the Charlotte Restaurant Week to experience their best. We were seated promptly but had to ask to be waited on. Two of the three of us were ready to enjoy Lobster Ravioli, a restaurant week feature. Well, this was no longer an option nor was the caprese salad. They said numerous requests were received to offer standard raviolis (you know, stuffed w/cheese) so they changed the menu. Seriously? These people could have simply ordered off of the standard menu. Speaking of, the restaurant week specials were certainly of no savings. The service was slow and my Chicken Picatta was something you'd get from a cafeteria. Will not return and and will definitely not recommend to anyone.
- Always good.sweetpeaDined on 7/24/2014Went to Trattoria Antica during Restaurant week. The choices were plentiful and the swordfish that I ordered was delicious. The service is always great. Definitely recommend trying Trattoria Antica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE ITMad4MartinisDined on 7/24/2014What a neighborhood gem!! I was one of the first customers and still dine there at least once a week. Love the delicious drinks that bartender, Alberto Garcia, creates- like the peach, basil, jalapeno martini!! Everyone is treated like family there, the service impecable and the food is always consistently wonderful, with great specials! I love taking friends and family here as I know it will always be a pleasureable experience.Special Features:
- Great as Always!MCabanaURDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I go here quite a bit and especially during Charlotte Restaurant Week. I have been to Italy 4 times and the food and service here are as close to you can get to it! I feel like the people who dislike this restaurant are probably the ones who would rather go to Olive Garden which as an Italian is insulting. In Italy you go out to eat to sit and relax and enjoy the company you are with, you'd be luck to get out in less than 1.5 to 2 hours. Trattoria Antica is similar in the way that they let you eat and talk and don't rush you out the door. I disagree with the people who thought the service was bad...it is not, they respect your privacy. I don't want someone coming over to my table every 2 minutes. Overall great food! Love it!
- Fabulous new findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I went with my aunt for Restaurant Week and will definitely be back. We had great food, friendly service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!love2eatDined on 7/19/2014this is the fourth time we've been to this place, the food and atmosphere have been amazing each time. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, extremely slow serviceBandMomDined on 7/19/2014Ok, we went during restaurant week, it was a Saturday night, but they should have been staffed for a busy evening. Portions were generous, everything was fresh, well prepared and tasty. Would call it mid-priced modern traditional Italian. Bummer here was the slow service, we waited at least 1/2 hour for our 1st course to arrive, then another eternity for entrees. The catch of the day fish entrée arrived luke-warm and slightly over cooked at least for me (some may like it this way), makes me think it sat for a while before delivered to our table. Our servers never asked if we would like coffee with desert. And we waited another eternity for the check. Doubt we will return, there are other options.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We tried this restaurant during restaurant week. I thought the food was prepared in a quick rush, not very hot, pasta sticky, veal precooked and just warmed to serve quickly. I was dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Chef's seafood specialpearlVIPDined on 7/17/2014We frequently dine at Trattoria and the seafood specials are our favorite. Consistently fresh and prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in The HawAnticaWXWDined on 7/17/2014This was the second time we've been to Antica, and the Conte family doesn't disappoint. They didn't have any menus as it was somewhat packed at 7pm, which I look at as a good thing. We were patient enough to wait since it was our anniversary and we didn't want to be rushed out of there like you do at some restaurants. But not here. They seemed understaffed this night we were there, but the food came out a good time from the appetizer to the entree. Regardless of their short staff of waiters, both servers seemed on top of the restaurant and were working very hard to make everyone happy. My wife had the farfalle with sun dried tomatoes and chicken which gets a 5 star rating. I had penne alla vodka with 6 very large Shrimp added. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for localsLuv2dineoutDined on 7/13/2014Visited trattoria antica this past Sunday and had a wonderful experience. Service was prompt, food was fresh as can be. Give it a chance you won't be dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered favoriteMaryGDined on 7/12/2014After a few busy years, we were delighted to rediscover this gem, tucked away in a small strip shopping center in Waxhaw. The food is superb. We recommend the house salad (single serving enough for a couple to share), short ribs, gnocchi, divine eggplant Parmesan, and a shrimp special with glazed onions. Our server John was professional, amiable, and quick-witted, adding to our wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014First time there. Food and service was excellent. We brought friends and they said the same. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job!GribboDined on 7/8/2014Antonio did a great job as our server. Very friendly and correct with the orders. The food was served hot and cooked to perfection.Special Features: