Trapper's Chop House
19308 Cottonwood Drive
Holiday Inn, 4th Floor
Parker, CO 80138Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Trapper's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trapperschophouse.com/
- Phone: 3032482132
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 7:00pm, Friday & Saturday 10pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Martin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30pm to 9pm
A word from Trapper's Chop House
Parker’s Finest Steak House®, Trapper’s Chop House, is home to the exclusive Romancing The Stone™ Sear-It-Yourself dining experience. Here, guests are in charge of cooking their entree on an individual 800 degree volcanic rock where every bite is hot and delicious. Veteran Chef Paul Martin has created an all new, versatile gourmet menu for Trapper’s from appetizers to homemade desserts. Rocky Mountain views and a complete wine and mixed drinks selection; nestled atop the Holiday Inn off E470 and Parker Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Trapper's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker ›
Trapper's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)scenic view (35)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- My new favorite place!out2dineDined on 7/21/2014I love the fact that you can order a steak and cook it yourself on your own plate! The food here is great!. The only recommendation is that it gets a little smoky from all the cooking so if 4 are dining, don't sit in the booths, get a table out in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice treatyeppersDined on 7/18/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We always bring family and friends who come to visit from out of town to this restaurant and they always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HemyockVIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was not worth the money. Service was extremely slow. We got smoked out by other people cooking their steaks on the hot stone
- Bait and SwitchMizJanieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Went in with a large party based on full page add in the Collrado Horse Show Guide showing 15% off. Twice bar staff told us "no such promo" We were seated ordered and after dinner, waitress says, "No such discount. People have been asking it about since show started." Asked her to talk to manager and he said "No." Nothing was done. Food was fine other than the fact that loaded baked potato was sliced diagonally like a baguette. It was not a fluffy russet potato but something long and skinny and the loaded accoutrements were enough for maybe a third of the potato. Due to discount issue, the experience was ruined.
- Great food, ambiancejfnrnDined on 7/9/2014We go to Trapper's routinely because the food, selection and service is great!Special Features:
- Special Occasion OutcbrarianDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Trappers, having seen it from driving E470. The meats were excellent and stone cooking was fun and enjoyable for the family. The weakest point were the vegetables, boring and no taste. Great service. Would return but only for special occasions due to price range.Special Features:
- Very tasty albeit priceyDatenightersDined on 7/5/2014This was mine and my husbands first visit to Trappers. We had a discount coupon so we decided to give it a try. The food and service were both excellent. We both had filet mignon which was served on a hot stone at our table. The food was exactly as described by our waiter and as we had never had this experience before he showed us the best way to cook the steaks to our liking. We will definitely go back but as we paid over $100 for dinner, an appetizer and 1 glass of wine each, it will be special occasion only.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014This is a great steakhouse in Parker, CO. The atmosphere is very cozy with music in the background. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- NoisyLiveindahoodDined on 7/1/2014We Love this restaurant with the exception that it can be very noisy. This time it was so noisy from a group of 16 people we couldn't carry on a conversation. One couple asked to be moved to another table and the 3 other couples close by were obviously irritated. The party of 16 were simply carrying on conversations across and down the table but the volume got amplified.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I was expecting a little more. I was thinking the food would be fabulous and it was not. The service was extra nice however. Another thing I would like to add, the restaurant was rather filled with a greasy, smokey smell. The ventilation seemed weak or something. My husband and I said we will probably not go back.Special Features:
- VicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The hot rock cooking theme is the best thing going for this restaurant. Sitting atop the Holiday Inn on an eastern hill, most of the restaurant has a great view of the valley and far off Rockies. Lighting is subdued, the music was live, and the dining area not overly crowded. The "Romancing The Stone" section is the centerpiece of the menu, and the restaurant, as it should be. Those are the positives. Drawbacks are that the restaurant feels confused, like it doesn't quite know what it wants to be when it grows up. With a half empty dining room, and our reservations we still waited 15 minutes for our table. The windows were dirty, and our waiter distracted. So, great potential, good place currently, and attention to detail needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. & Mrs. EAZSnowBirdsDined on 6/15/2014Food was outstanding. Waiter was great. Buss boys needed some practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in a Holiday Inn!FoodieGirlDined on 6/14/2014What a perfect place for a unique experience! Trapper's Chop House, located on the top of the Holiday Inn, near E-470 & Parker Rd in Parker, CO is a great place for a special occasion or any night out. Beautifully spacious, with a circular bar, a stage for live music, and floor to ceiling windows for spectacular views, Trapper's ambiance is delightful! Their specialty is steak, but they also offer fish and chicken and salads. Try the "Romancing the Stone" experience if you have a steak; a lava rock plate is brought to your table so you can cook your steak to your preference. For dessert, try a carrot cake or Almond Joy martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Trappers. Great food, our waitress was charming, fun, and efficient. I was surprised to find such a great restaurant with atmosphere in Parker. This is a keeper!Special Features:
- Smell and NoiseTrappersSmokeHouseVIPDined on 6/13/2014Too loud with musician playing and speaker pointed to dinner patrons instead of bar patrons Better air circulation required. Smelled like a BBQ restaurantSpecial Features:
- Almost GreatGreatExpectationsDined on 6/8/2014We've been to Trapper's before and selected it for celebrating our 40th anniversary based on its food, great ambiance and, depending on seating location a great view. The requested seating made at the time of the reservation was ready for us and we were seated and greeted promptly. The menu is varied enough with selections that should appeal to every diner. The Caesar salad and Cream of Jalapeno soup starters were 'very good' and 'excellent' respectively. My wife selected the Steak Oscar which was superb; the steak could be cut with a fork and the sauce was perfectly balanced. My selection was the New York Strip and that's where rating slips. The steak was tough and the vegetables overcooked. All in all a nice experience shy of great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdaygirlDined on 6/3/2014We dined at Trapper's Chop House in Parker 6/3/14 with 4 adults & 1 toddler. We have eaten here before with Rotary at the holidays & found the food to be delicious. While the food was still delicious & the portions generous, the service was s-l-o-w. I don't know if it was because we were there fairly early (5.30 reservation) but we waited & waited for someone to come take our order & then we waited & waited for our bill. I had to ask for a booster seat (although I had mentioned needing one in both my reservation & in person); I also had to ask for a children's menu. When we got a server, the service was good it was just that it was slow & we had to wait. Others I know who have been here said the same thing about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great visitFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/1/2014The hostess, Jenelle, was very friendly and greeted us immediately. The drinks came quickly and my wife especially liked the cucumber martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!ChrisVIPDined on 5/30/2014I had not been to Trappers for about a year and a half and after my dinner the other night, I am not sure why it took me so long to get back there. We had a great meal and also fantastic service. We did the stone cooking and also had jalapeno cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. it was all delicious. We also had some great cocktails. Will definitely not wait so long to return. Also, they have one of the best bars and will need to stop by for happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An undiscovered gemDavidtheepicureVIPDined on 5/21/2014Trapper's Chop House is an undiscovered gem. The food is outstanding and the drinks excellent; both compare favorably to the best you can find in the Denver Metro area (or anywhere else I have eaten), the service is attentive but not overwhelming, and the atmosphere warm and inviting. Notably, the prices are somewhat lower than similar restaurants. We will be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Fantastic food, exceptional service as always. Unique hot stone preparation of food, every bite is warm and delicious...Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Thank you...YayaDined on 5/19/2014This was a special occasion and we were treated great, the wait staff was awesome... Thank you.Special Features:
- Birthday Steak NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014We were looking for a good steak and this is 5 mins from home! My husband loved the volcanic stone to cook his steak, the food was excellent. The ambiance could use a little work, the decor and noise levels. If you decorated a bit and improved the privacy of tables a bit that would help reduce the noise and create a more private ambiance. The food will bring us back!!! The only knock is that I indicated it was a birthday and would like dessert brought, but that note from Open Table reservation was not acknowledged.Special Features:
- FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Great food always but service is lacking. The noise level is bad with more than 2 to a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...XmasnitesaveVIPDined on 5/11/2014Been to Trappers a few times. Food is always good, steaks are excellent, and a good variety of options overall. One thing that sets Trappers apart from the rest is that you can "cook" your own steaks on a hot stone they bring out. This is where I drop the rating on our last visit. It is not absolutely clear on the menu that you have to ask to have the stone to cook with so when the server says "how you want it cooked" you are most likely to spit out "Medium..." not realizing your getting no stone as a result. Well in this case she didn't ask so we all got cooked steaks and no stones. They were excellent don't get me wrong but this place advertises cooking your own steak they should ask when you order if you want to cook it or them.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerNotOutOftenDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant was packed when we arrived to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Our waitress was energetic and attentive, made good recommendations and the food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Romancing the StoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The filet on the stone is the way to go. It was awesome. This place is a bit pricey so it's definitely a special occasion spot but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014We were there for a b'dy celebration. I had been there before only at the bar. This time we were wined and dined and it was awesome. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014My wife had our celebrated our 10yr anniversary this last Friday, 5/2. I was pretty skeptical of this place, but after we ate here.....OMG, the ambiance, food, and service was absolutely enjoyable. We will be back for sure and we will bring more people with us!Special Features:
- Cook your own steak!out2dineDined on 4/25/2014Like your steak cooked to perfection? This is the place for you. Can choose platter with hot stone to cook your steak yourself! Great selection, good price, can go dressy or in jeans! We loved it!Special Features:
- A worthwhile experienceLynnInDenverDined on 4/21/2014I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this restaurant before. It is a restaurant in a hotel, and it has just a bit of that vibe. But it's nice to find a quiet restaurant with good food that would be fun for a special occasion. Using heated lava slabs, your meal comes to you sizzling on a special plate, and you can cut and cook it to your personal specifications. Good food, quite pricey, but I thought it was worth it. The only complaint was one of the side "summer vegetables" had the toughest rind and was mostly inedible. That didn't deserve to be plated with the otherwise wonderful meal. It would have been better if they had remembered to ask us what sauces we wanted. We ended up with none. :-(Special Features:
- The following 724 reviews are from the Trapper's Chop House reviews archive.
- horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was disappointing. Service and food were awful.
- Easter Brunch 2014hagsmtlDined on 4/20/2014The food was tremendous as was the wait staff. Highly recommend Trappers Chop House. We will definitely visit for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankHankDined on 4/3/2014Had a $38.00 steak Dianne- potatoes that were served were greasy and scorched - no other side???? Heavy price for you get.Special Features:
- Almost HeavenTea42Dined on 3/30/2014We had a wonderful time with great food and outstanding service, but coming off the elevator into some weird smell was very off putting. If the smell had persisted past the bar and into the dining area we would have left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trapper'sSteak1Dined on 3/23/2014The food was great, but the service was limited at best. Our server never seemed to be around when we wanted him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummerz!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014I had the Elk & Scallops 'Build-a-meal' whatever, cooked it myself on the volcanic stone they bring to the table. My date had the Bison & Shrimp. We shared from each other's plate and let me tell ya', it was ALL DELICIOUS! From the fresh baked bread to the dipping sauces, everything was just mighty-tasty! A little pricey, but good portions and absolutely flavorful so, definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go.WeatethereDined on 3/15/2014First time there, We did not know what to expect. At first, very noisey, smokey, when dinner arrived, steak on a stone... it was very different and made the evening fun, it explained the noise and smoke... turned out to be a fun date. Yes, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Food was tasty and service was just right; everyone friendly; Just thought a bit overpriced for what you got especially the steak. Could have been a thicker cut (prime rib) for the money spent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty treats!BellaV57Dined on 3/14/2014We had a reservation at 6:30 and showed up early expecting to have a drink or two at the bar, but were seated right away. The menu is a bit large, but not overwhelming, and they have a great wine selection along with a full bar. The wait staff was awesome and our waitress was very friendly and fun. We both cooked our meal on the "stone" and it was fun to be able to cook it like you want it. The steaks are seasoned perfectly to really bring out the flavor of the meat. The rosemary red potatoes are sooo yummy!! We ended up bringing home the chocolate cake because the amount of food. Overall great experience and will definitely be making our way back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.