Trapper's Chop House
19308 Cottonwood Drive
Holiday Inn, 4th Floor
Parker, CO 80138Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Trapper's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trapperschophouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 248-2132
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 7:00pm, Friday & Saturday 10pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Martin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30pm to 9pm
A word from Trapper's Chop House
Parker’s Finest Steak House®, Trapper’s Chop House, is home to the exclusive Romancing The Stone™ Sear-It-Yourself dining experience. Here, guests are in charge of cooking their entree on an individual 800 degree volcanic rock where every bite is hot and delicious. Veteran Chef Paul Martin has created an all new, versatile gourmet menu for Trapper’s from appetizers to homemade desserts. Rocky Mountain views and a complete wine and mixed drinks selection; nestled atop the Holiday Inn off E470 and Parker Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Trapper's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Parker ›
Trapper's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)scenic view (34)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (18)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent service and food!KevinDined on 11/22/2014We both ordered steak and it was excellent. There were several additional side options even though there was plenty of food that came with our meal. My husband said the homemade cheesecake was the best he'd ever eaten! The service was impeccable. Our server, Kyle, was courteous and attentive. Great wine list! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Bar Scene for mid-40s. Gr8 Dining ExperienceTammieInLoDoDined on 11/14/2014Fun Bar Crowd and live music! In separate dining area, excellent service (really excellent!) and great food. We had steak we cooked ourselves at the table on a rock ('Romancing the Stone') and it was DELICIOUS! Highly Recommended for date night and family gatherings too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkers best kept secretSteveDined on 11/13/2014Trappers was a great experience. Cooked steak and seafood at my own table. Great tasty portions, with fun atmosphere. The service, although not too busy, was excellent. I will visit Trappers again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...YumandbumDined on 11/9/2014The food was fantastic. Service was great too. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little smoky but great food.MattDined on 11/8/2014Service, food and ambiance of the restaurant was great. Ventilation could have been better. The smoke was a little irritating on the eyes and nose by the end of dinner.Special Features:
- GreatCindDined on 11/4/2014Food was awesome, service excellent, it was a little warm inside. Turn down the heat a little.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014My Husband took me here for my Birthday and it was the perfect night. The service was excellent, food was amazing and very quiet setting. Loved it!Special Features:
- respectable dining experienceWilltryanythingDined on 10/26/2014We have been to Trappers several times and the food, service and atmosphere are always very good. The atmosphere is quiet, the service is attentive, and the food is excellent relative to the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our worst dining out experiencediningoutDined on 10/25/2014Our service was horrible. It felt like we were an inconvenience to our waitress. She also had off color comment during our meal that made us gasp. We had to ask for refills on drinks. No one checked on us after our food delivered. We had to stop bus boy for our requests. We ordered the romancing the stone, we had questions on how long to cook our meat, but no one to ask. The restaurant has a higher price point and we expected more. Frankly we have had better service at village inn. Our appetizer was average. Salad was good. Main course was okay. Dessert below average. This the worst review I had ever written. If you are spending 150 for dinner you expect more.
- Wonderful experience!nutritionnutVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had never been here before and both had sirloins cooked on hot lava rock at our table. It was outstanding and tender and kept very hot with the rock. The sides were great, but I wish the vegetable serving was much larger (only 4 pcs.). The atmosphere was nice, vibrant, but not too loud. This will be a regular dine for us!Special Features:
- Skip the "Grasshopper"AesculusDined on 10/20/2014The steaks were good. The "stone" searing is fun but not a good way to treat a $40 piece of meat. They may have run out of Creme 'd Cocoa , the Grasshopper drinks were made with chocolate syrup. (save $7). Overall, it was a fun night with very good food. We will be sure to return. Trapper's will be a spot to take our out-of-town visitors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was good to spite having to send my filet back twice. Ordered medium & came well done first time, then raw-rare the second. Once it was cooked right, it was delicious. I kind of expected a visit from a manager, but that did not happen. Ran into some friends there & they bought us dessert that we never got. Also, the entertainment was good but rather loud.
- not impressedtravellingMikeDined on 10/10/2014We were sat right away which was nice. Oyters were small in size and were not a very good quality. Entrees were less than satisfactory, especially considering the cost. One entree was removed from the check which was nice. I would have expected a manager to come speak with us regarding our displeasure but only our waitress spoke to us in between rushing away to take another table's order.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerClassygalDined on 10/10/2014From the moment we arrived this experience was awesome! We tried it at the request of a friend; the server was friendly and knowledgeable, her requests on wine and steak were spot on. Although my husband's steak was a little rare by the bone, it was seasoned perfectly. We'll definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romancing the stoneTastefulDined on 10/9/2014Who would have guessed there was such a great restaurant tucked away on the upper floor of the Holiday Inn? Romancing the stone is a must dining experience. Bon appetit!Special Features:
- Amazing Steak House in ParkerathomeinparkerVIPDined on 10/8/2014From the pianist to the amazing stone cooked steak to the excellent service, we were surprisingly impressed with this steak house tucked away in the Holiday Inn in Parker! We were celebrating a homecoming and couldn't have asked for a better venue for our dinner. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Went late on a Saturday night. Food was superb. Dijon Marsala pork was excellent. Steak Oscar was cooked to perfection. Service was spot on. The only downside was the very high noise level throughout the meal. Could be romantic if it wasn't so dang loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, good wine and cocktail options. Noisy and a little smoky when hot plates were served. Good wait staff. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, innovative foodSandclandadDined on 9/12/2014Went for a birthday celebration and had a very nice time and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodEllaRoseDined on 9/6/2014My significant sweety and I went to Trappers to celebrate his big promotion at work. The food was incredible. We both had the filet mignon on the stone. The filet comes out seared on the top and bottom and is seasoned perfectly. The stone allowed each of us to cook the filet to our liking and it was incredible!!! The filet was tender, juicy, and perfect! This is a very nice restaurant and well worth a night out for a very special occasion. The wine list was very good and the service was great. There was also live music, which was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyDT1HDined on 9/6/2014Children allowed to run around as if it was McDonaldsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trapper's ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Took my wife and friends there for dinner last week and really enjoyed the food and experience. I came not really knowing what to expect based on mixed on-line reviews. However friends said that the food was great and it had a nice ambience so we finally gave it a shot. For me it was worth the wait. The wedge salad was perfect. Chilled just right and not dunked in dressing. Two people in our party went with the "Romancing the Stone" a heated lava rock that allows for eating your meat choice to your liking by cooking each bite after the cut is flamed sealed by the chef prior to arriving at your table. Not a new concept but a fun way to eat nonetheless. I had the Santa Maria style flat iron steak and it was fantastic. Took me back to calif.Special Features:
- Most enjoyableJaclovestrappersDined on 9/5/2014Our table was perfect, our server Jack was wonderful, our dinners were exceptional! We frequent Trappers every 2-3 months, it's are go to fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Cook on a RockshersherDined on 9/5/2014This place is unique and fun. It can get to be a habit, a good habit. Love cooking my steak on a hot rock. Plus lot's of other chef cooked yummies. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteAnonDined on 9/1/2014Pricey. But the food has been excellent over three visits.Special Features:
- outstanding26yearsDined on 8/30/2014Trapper's menu is simple to navigate food is remarkable and the servers are very personable. Cooking on stone led to a very unique dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodSharibariDined on 8/29/2014I was reluctant to try this place. We had come been here many years ago but had heard friends say they didn't like it. We decided to try it again because of the Restaurant week deal. Food was very good and the service was excellent. I think it is very pretty but it was somewhat noisy because if the openness - so that is a plus and minus. I've heard they have great happy hour so I think we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but not good enoughtotaleventDined on 8/28/2014The food was very good and cooking on the hot lava stone was a great, new experience but the dated hotel atmosphere took away from the ambiance.The live music was okay (70's and 80's soft rock) but too loud for good conversation at the table. The views are great but we were seated in the middle of the dining room. Our waiter was efficient and knowledgable, but by sharing his personal dislikes of menu items, it also put a damper on the experience - we were hesitant to order an item he recommended we not order. I doubt if I will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Service and food was excellent. We went to Trapper's for our anniversary and they exceeded expetations. Excellent drink selection, shrimp appetizer was great, salad was large enough to share, main course was great and desert was complimentary to celebrate our anniversary. Cooking the steak at our table was a fun experience. Also, we were able to bring our 2 month old baby and they were very accomodating. Thankfully, our baby was well behaved. It was great to enjoy a nice meal on our anniversary with our baby.Special Features:
- Not impressedCathiDined on 8/23/2014My friend and I were really looking forward to our dinner at Trapper's. We were so disappointed. Our server Cody was pleasant, but not very attentive. We ordered drinks and it took almost 20 min to receive them. When he brought then he said he would bring some bread, it took far too long for that as well. I had to ask why it was taking so long. Then we got our dinners, mine was cooked well, but my friend's was dry. She didn't want to send it back. Cody never came by to see if our steaks were cooked to our liking, maybe this restaurant does not require this, but they should. When you are paying $40 for a steak, you expect a certain level of service and this place missed the mark. Also, Trapper"s is in desperate need of updating.Special Features:
- FAILMikeEDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the location/view. The menu was excellent. However to compete in the fine dining / upscale steakhouse market, you need a professional wait staff. Our waiter acted as if he was smoking marijuana, espacially when 10 minutes after taking our desert order, he came back to take it again. He appeared to be lost, and then explained that he was at the wrong table. Unless the owner hires a competant manager to properly hire and train his staff, this place is doomed. It will be a shame, but there are a lot of restaurants out there that do get it right.
- Great GamedinerelitistDined on 8/23/2014Elk and Bison were outstanding, but was not a fan of the smashed chipolte sweet potatoes. Just to spicey - overwehlmed the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great noise level detractedlillyDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent the service was good but the room was extremely loud and obnoxious. Need something to soften the sound in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful week-night eveningAurorafoodieDined on 8/20/2014Each person in our party of 3 ordered from the Romancing the Stone section of the menu. 2 ordered filet, 1 ordered the Ahi tuna. Everyone loved their food. Chad our server did a great job balancing being attentive & allowing us time to chat. At no time were we made to feel rushed. Both the bar and the restaurant were quite busy for a Wednesday night. Only drawback is acoustics: It's noisy and difficult to have a comfortable conversation.Special Features:
- Food was great!AfroAmerican43Dined on 8/19/2014The food and scenic view was awesome. It was my birthday and I'm a foodie. I heard about the experience of cooking yourself at the table and thought it would be fun. I had the buffalo, scallops and shrimp and it was delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the looks. I don't think very many Afro American's go to this restaurant because the staff looked shock to see us and so did the some of the customers. Our waiter was just okay. But I did enjoy the food.Special Features:
- "Evening of Horror"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 6:45 PM. It was my wife's birthday and our kids were along. We initially got our drinks then my daughter and her boyfriend arrived a 7:00. They weren't even asked for drinks or acknowledged for a good 15 minutes. The wait just to order our food then get it was awful! We waited a good hour for our dinner to arrive. We didn't even get bread for the table. The waiter kept apologizes after not acknowleding us after 20-30 minutes. The floor manager came over around 8:00 asking how our dinner was, I could have let him have it because he should be aware of how his employees and table were moving. I just said the service was very slow and he act surprised (?). Really??? We did not get out the thr restaurant until 9:00.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Pricey but a nice treat for a special occasion. The 'Romancing the Stone' dish is a unique and fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Been here 30+ times and they never disappoint. It's a steakhouse but they have great seafood too. Get a reservation with a table by the fireplace and if you are a steak eater cook your steak on the stone with a side of dipping sauces. If done this way it could be like eating at the Melting Pot, but much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...Silencer1921Dined on 8/14/2014My only issue is the ventilation is not really good in this place. They have a meal where you sear your own steak on a hot lava rock. Think of it as fondue grill. Problem is that this creates smoke just like a normal grill would and you can see a haze in the restaurant. If you are sensitive to smoke, do not go here. That being said I will go again because the food Is pretty good. I would recommend the game tasting meal on the stone cooking.
- Celebrating at Trapper's Chop HouseRobert456Dined on 8/5/2014I had made a reservation for 6:30 the day of our visit. We arrived approx. 15 minutes early and were promptly seated, which is great because we have had problems with the hostesses before. If you've never been to the restaurant, the place has a beautiful view of the front range. The menu offers unique selections including wild game. Our favorite is the "Romancing the Stone" bonanza. I always get the Buffalo and the Elk with jalapeno cheddar mashed potato's. My wife usually gets the Buffalo and either the shrimp or scallops. They have more to choose from but the Elk is so wonderfully soft and flavorful and the taste of the Buffalo so mild that I never think to order beef or seafood. The service was excellent and the wine list was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.