Trapper's Chop House
19308 Cottonwood Drive
Holiday Inn, 4th Floor
Parker, CO 80138Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Trapper's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trapperschophouse.com/
- Phone: 3032482132
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 7:00pm, Friday & Saturday 10pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Martin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30pm to 9pm
A word from Trapper's Chop House
Parker’s Finest Steak House®, Trapper’s Chop House, is home to the exclusive Romancing The Stone™ Sear-It-Yourself dining experience. Here, guests are in charge of cooking their entree on an individual 800 degree volcanic rock where every bite is hot and delicious. Veteran Chef Paul Martin has created an all new, versatile gourmet menu for Trapper’s from appetizers to homemade desserts. Rocky Mountain views and a complete wine and mixed drinks selection; nestled atop the Holiday Inn off E470 and Parker Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Trapper's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Parker ›
Trapper's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)scenic view (32)romantic (21)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Skip the "Grasshopper"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The steaks were good. The "stone" searing is fun but not a good way to treat a $40 piece of meat. They may have run out of Creme 'd Cocoa , the Grasshopper drinks were made with chocolate syrup. (save $7). Overall, it was a fun night with very good food. We will be sure to return. Trapper's will be a spot to take our out-of-town visitors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was good to spite having to send my filet back twice. Ordered medium & came well done first time, then raw-rare the second. Once it was cooked right, it was delicious. I kind of expected a visit from a manager, but that did not happen. Ran into some friends there & they bought us dessert that we never got. Also, the entertainment was good but rather loud.
- not impressedtravellingMikeDined on 10/10/2014We were sat right away which was nice. Oyters were small in size and were not a very good quality. Entrees were less than satisfactory, especially considering the cost. One entree was removed from the check which was nice. I would have expected a manager to come speak with us regarding our displeasure but only our waitress spoke to us in between rushing away to take another table's order.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerClassygalDined on 10/10/2014From the moment we arrived this experience was awesome! We tried it at the request of a friend; the server was friendly and knowledgeable, her requests on wine and steak were spot on. Although my husband's steak was a little rare by the bone, it was seasoned perfectly. We'll definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romancing the stoneTastefulDined on 10/9/2014Who would have guessed there was such a great restaurant tucked away on the upper floor of the Holiday Inn? Romancing the stone is a must dining experience. Bon appetit!Special Features:
- Amazing Steak House in ParkerathomeinparkerVIPDined on 10/8/2014From the pianist to the amazing stone cooked steak to the excellent service, we were surprisingly impressed with this steak house tucked away in the Holiday Inn in Parker! We were celebrating a homecoming and couldn't have asked for a better venue for our dinner. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Went late on a Saturday night. Food was superb. Dijon Marsala pork was excellent. Steak Oscar was cooked to perfection. Service was spot on. The only downside was the very high noise level throughout the meal. Could be romantic if it wasn't so dang loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, good wine and cocktail options. Noisy and a little smoky when hot plates were served. Good wait staff. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, innovative foodSandclandadDined on 9/12/2014Went for a birthday celebration and had a very nice time and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodEllaRoseDined on 9/6/2014My significant sweety and I went to Trappers to celebrate his big promotion at work. The food was incredible. We both had the filet mignon on the stone. The filet comes out seared on the top and bottom and is seasoned perfectly. The stone allowed each of us to cook the filet to our liking and it was incredible!!! The filet was tender, juicy, and perfect! This is a very nice restaurant and well worth a night out for a very special occasion. The wine list was very good and the service was great. There was also live music, which was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyDT1HDined on 9/6/2014Children allowed to run around as if it was McDonaldsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trapper's ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Took my wife and friends there for dinner last week and really enjoyed the food and experience. I came not really knowing what to expect based on mixed on-line reviews. However friends said that the food was great and it had a nice ambience so we finally gave it a shot. For me it was worth the wait. The wedge salad was perfect. Chilled just right and not dunked in dressing. Two people in our party went with the "Romancing the Stone" a heated lava rock that allows for eating your meat choice to your liking by cooking each bite after the cut is flamed sealed by the chef prior to arriving at your table. Not a new concept but a fun way to eat nonetheless. I had the Santa Maria style flat iron steak and it was fantastic. Took me back to calif.Special Features:
- Most enjoyableJaclovestrappersDined on 9/5/2014Our table was perfect, our server Jack was wonderful, our dinners were exceptional! We frequent Trappers every 2-3 months, it's are go to fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Cook on a RockshersherDined on 9/5/2014This place is unique and fun. It can get to be a habit, a good habit. Love cooking my steak on a hot rock. Plus lot's of other chef cooked yummies. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteAnonDined on 9/1/2014Pricey. But the food has been excellent over three visits.Special Features:
- outstanding26yearsDined on 8/30/2014Trapper's menu is simple to navigate food is remarkable and the servers are very personable. Cooking on stone led to a very unique dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodSharibariDined on 8/29/2014I was reluctant to try this place. We had come been here many years ago but had heard friends say they didn't like it. We decided to try it again because of the Restaurant week deal. Food was very good and the service was excellent. I think it is very pretty but it was somewhat noisy because if the openness - so that is a plus and minus. I've heard they have great happy hour so I think we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but not good enoughtotaleventDined on 8/28/2014The food was very good and cooking on the hot lava stone was a great, new experience but the dated hotel atmosphere took away from the ambiance.The live music was okay (70's and 80's soft rock) but too loud for good conversation at the table. The views are great but we were seated in the middle of the dining room. Our waiter was efficient and knowledgable, but by sharing his personal dislikes of menu items, it also put a damper on the experience - we were hesitant to order an item he recommended we not order. I doubt if I will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Service and food was excellent. We went to Trapper's for our anniversary and they exceeded expetations. Excellent drink selection, shrimp appetizer was great, salad was large enough to share, main course was great and desert was complimentary to celebrate our anniversary. Cooking the steak at our table was a fun experience. Also, we were able to bring our 2 month old baby and they were very accomodating. Thankfully, our baby was well behaved. It was great to enjoy a nice meal on our anniversary with our baby.Special Features:
- Not impressedCathiDined on 8/23/2014My friend and I were really looking forward to our dinner at Trapper's. We were so disappointed. Our server Cody was pleasant, but not very attentive. We ordered drinks and it took almost 20 min to receive them. When he brought then he said he would bring some bread, it took far too long for that as well. I had to ask why it was taking so long. Then we got our dinners, mine was cooked well, but my friend's was dry. She didn't want to send it back. Cody never came by to see if our steaks were cooked to our liking, maybe this restaurant does not require this, but they should. When you are paying $40 for a steak, you expect a certain level of service and this place missed the mark. Also, Trapper"s is in desperate need of updating.Special Features:
- FAILMikeEDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the location/view. The menu was excellent. However to compete in the fine dining / upscale steakhouse market, you need a professional wait staff. Our waiter acted as if he was smoking marijuana, espacially when 10 minutes after taking our desert order, he came back to take it again. He appeared to be lost, and then explained that he was at the wrong table. Unless the owner hires a competant manager to properly hire and train his staff, this place is doomed. It will be a shame, but there are a lot of restaurants out there that do get it right.
- Great GamedinerelitistDined on 8/23/2014Elk and Bison were outstanding, but was not a fan of the smashed chipolte sweet potatoes. Just to spicey - overwehlmed the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great noise level detractedlillyDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent the service was good but the room was extremely loud and obnoxious. Need something to soften the sound in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful week-night eveningAurorafoodieDined on 8/20/2014Each person in our party of 3 ordered from the Romancing the Stone section of the menu. 2 ordered filet, 1 ordered the Ahi tuna. Everyone loved their food. Chad our server did a great job balancing being attentive & allowing us time to chat. At no time were we made to feel rushed. Both the bar and the restaurant were quite busy for a Wednesday night. Only drawback is acoustics: It's noisy and difficult to have a comfortable conversation.Special Features:
- Food was great!AfroAmerican43Dined on 8/19/2014The food and scenic view was awesome. It was my birthday and I'm a foodie. I heard about the experience of cooking yourself at the table and thought it would be fun. I had the buffalo, scallops and shrimp and it was delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the looks. I don't think very many Afro American's go to this restaurant because the staff looked shock to see us and so did the some of the customers. Our waiter was just okay. But I did enjoy the food.Special Features:
- "Evening of Horror"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 6:45 PM. It was my wife's birthday and our kids were along. We initially got our drinks then my daughter and her boyfriend arrived a 7:00. They weren't even asked for drinks or acknowledged for a good 15 minutes. The wait just to order our food then get it was awful! We waited a good hour for our dinner to arrive. We didn't even get bread for the table. The waiter kept apologizes after not acknowleding us after 20-30 minutes. The floor manager came over around 8:00 asking how our dinner was, I could have let him have it because he should be aware of how his employees and table were moving. I just said the service was very slow and he act surprised (?). Really??? We did not get out the thr restaurant until 9:00.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Pricey but a nice treat for a special occasion. The 'Romancing the Stone' dish is a unique and fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Been here 30+ times and they never disappoint. It's a steakhouse but they have great seafood too. Get a reservation with a table by the fireplace and if you are a steak eater cook your steak on the stone with a side of dipping sauces. If done this way it could be like eating at the Melting Pot, but much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...Silencer1921Dined on 8/14/2014My only issue is the ventilation is not really good in this place. They have a meal where you sear your own steak on a hot lava rock. Think of it as fondue grill. Problem is that this creates smoke just like a normal grill would and you can see a haze in the restaurant. If you are sensitive to smoke, do not go here. That being said I will go again because the food Is pretty good. I would recommend the game tasting meal on the stone cooking.
- Celebrating at Trapper's Chop HouseRobert456Dined on 8/5/2014I had made a reservation for 6:30 the day of our visit. We arrived approx. 15 minutes early and were promptly seated, which is great because we have had problems with the hostesses before. If you've never been to the restaurant, the place has a beautiful view of the front range. The menu offers unique selections including wild game. Our favorite is the "Romancing the Stone" bonanza. I always get the Buffalo and the Elk with jalapeno cheddar mashed potato's. My wife usually gets the Buffalo and either the shrimp or scallops. They have more to choose from but the Elk is so wonderfully soft and flavorful and the taste of the Buffalo so mild that I never think to order beef or seafood. The service was excellent and the wine list was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHappyDined on 8/1/2014We had one of the most fun times we've had as a family in a long time. The food was delicious and so much fun to cook on the 700 degree lava stone. Be prepared before you go that it is a bit pricey, but so worth it for a special occasion. The service was superb and between the five of us we shared two desserts that were fabulous. May have to manufacture another special occasion to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ParketRickVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always high quality food and great service. A full step above any other place in Parker!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The only reason this restaurant did not get 5 stars from me was the "romancing the stone" self-cooking menu element. While it is novel it makes the majority of the restaurant smell. The restaurant is nice enough not to need this gimic.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!out2dineDined on 7/21/2014I love the fact that you can order a steak and cook it yourself on your own plate! The food here is great!. The only recommendation is that it gets a little smoky from all the cooking so if 4 are dining, don't sit in the booths, get a table out in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice treatyeppersDined on 7/18/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We always bring family and friends who come to visit from out of town to this restaurant and they always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HemyockVIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was not worth the money. Service was extremely slow. We got smoked out by other people cooking their steaks on the hot stone
- Bait and SwitchMizJanieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Went in with a large party based on full page add in the Collrado Horse Show Guide showing 15% off. Twice bar staff told us "no such promo" We were seated ordered and after dinner, waitress says, "No such discount. People have been asking it about since show started." Asked her to talk to manager and he said "No." Nothing was done. Food was fine other than the fact that loaded baked potato was sliced diagonally like a baguette. It was not a fluffy russet potato but something long and skinny and the loaded accoutrements were enough for maybe a third of the potato. Due to discount issue, the experience was ruined.
- Great food, ambiancejfnrnDined on 7/9/2014We go to Trapper's routinely because the food, selection and service is great!Special Features:
- Special Occasion OutcbrarianDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Trappers, having seen it from driving E470. The meats were excellent and stone cooking was fun and enjoyable for the family. The weakest point were the vegetables, boring and no taste. Great service. Would return but only for special occasions due to price range.Special Features:
- Very tasty albeit priceyDatenightersDined on 7/5/2014This was mine and my husbands first visit to Trappers. We had a discount coupon so we decided to give it a try. The food and service were both excellent. We both had filet mignon which was served on a hot stone at our table. The food was exactly as described by our waiter and as we had never had this experience before he showed us the best way to cook the steaks to our liking. We will definitely go back but as we paid over $100 for dinner, an appetizer and 1 glass of wine each, it will be special occasion only.Special Features: