Trapeze European Cuisine
266 Lorton Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trapeze European Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trapezerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503444242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:30pm -10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alex Kazankaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet room accommodates 35 people for a very private dining experience for birthdays, baby showers, weddings, family gatherings, business meetings, etc. We offer complete privacy for any of your casual and business events.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Tosun 6503444242
A word from Trapeze European Cuisine
Everything is the best quality. We have it all, free range beef, poultry, seafood, homemade pasta and bread, chemical free fruits and vegetables. If we can't tempt you from our regular menu, or daily specials, just ask your server and we'll see what we can come up with to please you. We also have a wide selection of wines, along with a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trapeze European Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OutandAboutDined on 10/3/2014Food was delicious but service was poor. I arrived early and had to wait for someone to ask for my drink order. I didnt have water and as other people entered they were served before me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodMestaDined on 9/25/2014Decent spot. Food was a little bland and somewhat disappointing based on the reviews I had read. Good spot for a work lunch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemrmb3Dined on 9/11/2014Exciting and delectable cuisine. Our appetizer, Bella Napoli was exquisite! Delicious, fresh ingredients..we returned for it and wonderful fresh fish choices for dinner. Our server, Nuri was most hospitable, personable, efficient and courteous. We'll return very soon. Our previous server Gee was equally kind and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely service but food.....mehvg0766Dined on 8/25/2014The restaurant was empty as we arrived early (530). Our server was very solicitous, and food arrived promptly. The cold appetizer plate was oddly a mass of lettuce and some olives in the center of the plate, with a few slices of thick prosciutto, tomato, mozzarella and melon - not much for the money. The fried calamari was tasty and well done. My spaghetti with sausage had a lively red sauce but the sausage was AWFUL - bland and finely grained - more like a big hotdog! My friend had a piece of fish that was so over-salted, she sent it back. The server promptly and politely returned it, as he should. Overall, disappointing as I've had better meals here.Special Features:
- Great Food and Attentive ServicesDMF9403Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I recently booked a table at Trapeze for our anniversary dinner. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and both loved it. Many restaurants over-do it with the garlic, but this was seasoned very delicately and was served on a bed of baby lettuce and watercress. My wife ordered salmon salad and I ordered the spaghetti special, and both dishes were delicious. Our server was very pleasant and attentive, and surprised us at the end of our meal with a small plate of tiramisu with a candle in it. What a nice surprise. I remembered that I'd mentioned the fact that it was an anniversary dinner in my reservation and was pleased that the waiter took note of this. Nice job! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinnerOutandAboutDined on 8/14/2014Celebrated a birthday with a small group and the service was great. It felt like we were with family. Food was delicious and staff was very gracious with a small toddler. Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch PlacecalifornialipDined on 8/14/2014Overall nice day. We were a party of 8 out for lunch. There is a wide variety of choices from salads, sandwiches, pastas and entrees. All of our group enjoyed their meals. Service was excellent. The only complaint was the menu shown on Open Table did not match the recently changed restaurant menu. The paella, for example, is no longer available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerPuraVida4YouVIPDined on 7/28/2014I dined at Trapeze with my son and his girlfriend after they returned from a trip to Mexico. The positive reviews on Open Table were accurate. The food is excellent and the service is adequate without being too much. If you want someone checking in every few minutes, make another choice. Our food was excellent and we shared a combination of appetizers and entrees. You will be very pleased with excellent food that feels like home.Special Features:
- Okay experienceHamsterbabeVIPDined on 7/28/2014Met a dear friend for her bday lunch. A nice warm day downtown with outdoor seating. We sat in the fairly empty dining room. On the plus side the waiter followed through on my special requests such as dressing on the side, etc...we both enjoyed our salads. Minus, the wait staff were bordering on surly and basically Inattentive and "oh, you're still here?" If you're going to charge us $50 on lunch at least show up from time to time to see if all is well. We had to seek out our server from everything to drinks to ordering to paying. Not exactly throwing out the welcome mat.Special Features:
- good foodsolastminuteDined on 7/24/2014good food and a full bar. The food was delicious and the drinks were refreshing. Keep in mind that this is a European style restaurant, so the waiter will not be coming around every 5 minutes to check on you, which is nice so you can eat and have your conversations with your guest. If you need something ask for it, they are happy to provide it. everyone enjoyed their food and there were no complainsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrapezeClydeDined on 7/18/2014Great little neighborhood gem! The food was good but the service from Mehmet Erkus was outstanding. Very professional and handled our party of 8 with ease. We brought in a birthday cake with no cutting fee. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/1/2014The house salad was excellent! My dining colleagues enjoyed their soup and sandwiches. I had the salmon pasta; the sauce was very good, but the salmon was fishy. Very friendly place - warm hospitality.Special Features:
- The following 382 reviews are from the Trapeze European Cuisine reviews archive.
- Excellently consistent... friendlyBBoyVIPDined on 6/11/2014They are considently predictable - staff is friendly and has no hesitations with special requests. Bar can be hopping or quiet but people are always friendly. Has some very unique boutique wines (ask Steve) what he has hidden! Food is good always and some specials are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodToGoDined on 5/17/2014Trapeze is a rock solid choice. For an appetizer I selected the bruschetta which was outstanding. For the main course, I selected the Silver Skirt Steak, an excellent choice. Another member of our party selected the Kobe beef hamburger. Again the reaction was very positive.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the PeninsuladervinVIPDined on 5/12/2014Have been going here for years and it gets better and better. Steve the owner is hands on! Behind the bar, taking orders, serving, bussing tables, all with a smile because he loves what he does. Food is wonderful, if you haven't tried it please do. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Very, very nice placebythebayDined on 5/12/2014Wasn't my first choice, but what a find! Could accommodate my group size, food was very good, priced accordingly. Very friendly staff. When I mentioned a birthday, they brought out a great dessert with a candle; I was not truly expecting anything. I can see us going back.Special Features:
- Well executed foodDonmieDined on 5/11/2014Everyone loved their dishes for our Mother's Day lunch (had to keep the kids from scarfing all the Fried Calamari), I had the flank steak w/ Potatos and the steak was done to a perfect medium rare. My wife's game hen was moist, perhaps a little less flavorful than I would have preferred but she loved it...while it's listed as European cuisine, the Mother's Day lunch was definitely Northern Italian.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't walk a tight rope hereJdwyvrVIPDined on 4/27/2014Simple and well executed food at fair prices - no surprises Neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A short walk for wonderful diningthoughtfuldinerDined on 4/24/2014Burlingame has a number of restaurant choices, but Trapeze should not be missed. Although the menu is brief compared to some of the larger and more well-known venues in town, each of the items we tried was flavorful, well prepared and colorful. The wait staff is very pleasant and does not leave the diner feeling bothered or rushed....this seems to be a tough balance to find at some eateries where customer turnover seems to be more the goal. As this was my birthday and first time at the restaurant, the chef made an appearance and volunteered to alter some of the menu specifics to fit my palette. This was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/18/2014server took the order wrong as he split the wrong order. and the wait for the food was too long even if it was a busy nightSpecial Features:
- Lovely!ReenersVIPDined on 4/17/2014Met a friend for lunch, delicious food, great service & ambience. They were AMAZINGLY able to accommodate requests and did everything they could to please a very picky eater. I felt as if we were in Florence or Nice - a beautiful day and wonderful restaurant! I'll be back! :-)Special Features:
- FabulousBillDined on 4/12/2014The owner made my Birthday lunch very special!!! Will always eat here when I am in Burlingame!!! Food is Fabulous!!!!Special Features:
- Keeps getting better and betterdervinVIPDined on 4/9/2014Have been going here since Steve opened it 8-9 years ago. We moved out of the area 3 years ago and don't get to visit as often. Was in Burlingame twice this month. Both visits food was outstanding. Very consistent with both food and service. If you've never been here please give it a try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperiorJenaVIPDined on 3/7/2014Fabulous owners - fabulous restaurant - if you are looking for extremely fresh food, unique and crisp salads, high quality poultry and beef, this is the neighborhood gem for you. If you are looking to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or business meeting. the staff are extremely experienced at every little detail. come early on a Friday or Saturday night. Better yet, make reservations on Open TableSpecial Features:
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/10/2014Trapeze amazes again...good food very nicely prepared...yet it is not that well known...tremendous value!!!Special Features:
- great setting, good foodbambooDined on 2/9/2014I randomly picked this out for our dinner date and was quite surprised by yummmy dishes we ordered. Romantic setting, low lights, wonderful pick for an evening date out. We got the Bruschetta, garlic bread, & Roasted prawns. Roasted prawns were amazing, the figs made this dish complete. For our entrees, we got Tortellini con Anatra and linguine Vongole. My fiance loved the linguine, cooked just right, flavored was spot on, not salty and sauce was light enough that it didn't overwhelm the dish. For the dessert, i tried the famous Merlot poached pear, too sweet for me, but all the elements were there, very different than your normal desserts. Overall dining experience was 4.5 stars for me. Again, a great place to take your special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNPSFVIPDined on 1/25/2014Many service errors... drinks forgotten, coffee forgotten, dessert came for some, but not others. We only stopped in for drinks, coffee and dessert. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dessert, once we got it, but it was kind of ridiculous how many times we had to remind them things were missing. Pretty quiet/empty for a Saturday night as well, so it's not like they were overwhelmed.
- This was recommended by friendskclevelaDined on 1/23/2014This was recommended by friends who live in the area. My friend and I were very impressed with this restaurant. The wait staff was very good, not intrusive, but very knowledgable and helpful. The food was delicious and serving size ample. I took food home for a meal the next day. I had the Veal Piccata and it was tender and just how I wanted it to be with a light sauce and capers. Love the drink of the day a Moscow Mule and the copper cup it was served in!! The ambiance of the restaurant is great, kind of dark and mysterious. I would completely recommend this to anyone looking for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapppointed re table reservationhungryladyDined on 1/17/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal with an old friend. We had reserved the one window table but it was accidentally given to another party right before we arrived. Hope the staff will be more careful with special requests. That said, we were given excellent service and enjoyed a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling A Bit MisledBruteSentimentDined on 1/10/2014Checked out the menu before heading here, and saw a couple of steaks I could enjoy while the people I was with were looking forward to other specialties. I was very surprised to arrive and find what I'd expected to order not even on the menus we were handed. Compared to the online menu, the actual menu was about half the size. I was recommended the filet on the specials instead (which was more expensive). That, honestly, left a bad taste in my mouth to start. Other than that, the food was solid. My friends enjoyed the fish and pasta they order. The filet was okay, though drowned in its mushroom sauce. Service was okay, though nothing that was noteworthy. The restaurant was a bit dark, good for romantics, but too noisy from the bar.Special Features:
- We had exceptionally finenanaDined on 1/3/2014We had exceptionally fine service and were made to feel very "special" --Special Features:
- Trapeze was the perfect spotPacificaDined on 12/31/2013Trapeze was the perfect spot to celebrate New Years Eve. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/noisy ambiancecarlebelingDined on 12/23/2013The food on the whole was very good, but only a few dishes (the grilled prawn appetizer e.g.) were great. The service was very attentive, and our table was perfect for our group. The only issue was the LOUD bar scene, which is fine for a bar, but not so great an atmosphere for family dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of few gems in BurlingameburlingamefoodieVIPDined on 12/21/2013Having eaten here many times, this is truly a gem witha great location in Burlingame. It is located steps away from Burlingame Avenue, yet private enough that you can enjoy a meal without all the hustle and bustle. Best Italian food to be found among the restaurants in San Mateo and Burlingame. You would have to go to San Francisco or Palo Alto to find anything similar. Great bar and outdoor dining. Service is very intimate and the place is good for a table of 2 or a larger party. Staff is knowledgeable on the menu items and there are always interesting specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As we waited for the otherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013As we waited for the other party to arrive, the waiter was most attentive, taking drink orders. When I complained of sun in my eyes (we were at the window table inside) he raced outside and adjusted an umbrella at one of the unoccupied outdoor tables to solve the problem. The only negative was a 25 minute wait for the entree. The restaurant was almost deserted (only one other couple in the place). But very friendly service and when the food did come, it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to eat with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013This is a restaurant where you can have a conversation and hear each other without shouting. The food was excellent and the staff was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOLIDAY SPIRITJunebugVIPDined on 12/6/2013While we were waiting for our meal, a elegantly costumed, professional group of Christmas carolers came in a put on a wonderful performance. It certainly added festivity and charm to our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findCathyDined on 12/3/2013The night was a little slow for the restaurant but that was fine with us. The food was terrific. The hanger steak was cooked to perfection and the fries were terrific. Sea Bass was also very good. Dessert Was fantastic, chocolate pyramid. Light and airy perfect for after Our entrees. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find just off busyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2013A great find just off busy Burlingame Ave…tastiest pasta and beet salad will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCorgimomVIPDined on 11/19/2013The fish tasted like it's been in the freezer for months. Waiter didn't even acknowledge when told, very disappointed. Husband ordered pasta which was too heavy in oily sauce.Special Features: