999 Trancas Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trancassteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7072589990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sa-Su 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:30pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Victor Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do caterings from a small group to very large events, from course meals to buffets etc.
- Entertainment: Fridays & Saturdays Karaoke Night from 9:00pm to 1:00am
A word from Trancas Steakhouse
Napa Valley's Best Steak and Prime Rib RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Trancas Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Trancas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Not for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was good, service was adequate but not attentive (we tipped much less than the norm for us), but there was so much noise from the bar from whatever gave was being watched that we could barely hear ourselves talk. We would go back, but don't expect more than what this restaurant offers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place, decent pro eOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was pretty good, portions were appropriate and price was spot on. Would one back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was ok. The place not muchEstherVIPDined on 10/12/2014We didnt like the place, totaly empty in the restauran side, becouse they have other part of it with a bar an live music with some people, but in the restaurant the ambience was very poor, the food was fine and the service tooSpecial Features:
- Great Steak!hypnochyckDined on 10/7/2014Went to Trancas for our anniversary dinner, along with our little boy for a family celebration. Food and service was outstanding, kid friendly, but not really a "romantic" place due to the noise level in the bar, watching the Giants baseball game. Lots of whooping and hollering and yelling going on during our dinner. Good thing we're Giants fans! My filet mignon was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest steak guyAwesomeVIPDined on 10/3/2014I would not recommend this steakhouse to anyone looking to experience Napa. It is essentially a local hangout place that needs to be updated or wants to looks 70's on purpose. The food was average and the cost was reasonable. If you want local, quick food service, without the Napa feel, this is your place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was slow, the steaks were not the quality I was expecting from the rating from open table. It was one step up from a chain steakhouse maybe. Had a group of eight and it was loud to the point the table talk was split to the immediate persons next to you. I would not go back there againSpecial Features:
- Great steak & prime rib, exc servceJohnBDenverDined on 9/27/2014Had a party of 10 for my wife's birthday; the food and service was excellent. Others in the party commented that the food as as good or better than the other high priced steakhouse in Napa at a more reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014My coworkers and I had dinner here and returned again for the prime rib. Absolutely excellent!Special Features:
- 4WinosFromSeattleDined on 9/20/2014We were blown away with the quality of the food and their service. A great change of pace from wine tasting all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous beef and seafoodzipgracieDined on 9/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the neighborhood atmosphere, lovely waitress and fabulous food. The steak was perfect and my husband's shrimp were amazing. Loved our waitress: perky, informative, funny and very good at here job.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 9/13/2014Warm friendly staff serving hearty food at reasonable prices. A real salt of the earth place. Very enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Excellence !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I was working in the Napa area and found this restaurant through Open Table. Upon arrival, I was a bit disppointed in the overall ambience of the restaurant, but I must take accountability as I didn't read all of the reviews prior to reserving nor did I check out their web site. It is a steakhouse with karaoke so not what I would have expected. Everyone at our table ordered the prime rib and it was absolutely outstanding. Our waiter (Jit) was attentive and overall it was a great night. I would certainly recommend and will probably return myself.Special Features:
- Worst steakhouse everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Slow service, wierd wall decor of people. Ordered rib med rare. Steak came out med to med well. No seasoning on the meat or veggies. Swiss chard not cooked enough and hard to eat. Server insisted on taking steak back. Owner said I don't know what I am talking about.
- Napa VisitNapagem1Dined on 9/9/2014We were looking for a restaurant that was a local favorite and we found Trancas. This is an above average local establishment with 70's decor, but the service was excellent. we had the New York Strip and it was prepared to our liking and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuigiDined on 9/4/2014Great food, awesome ambience, outstanding service. Great for locals.like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishesSpecial Features:
- awesome suprisekateDined on 9/1/2014I went here on vacation with my girl friend. We both ordered the filet and it was delicious. This was my favorite dinner on our trip. Much better then Cole's chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid local steakhouseFoodieInTrainingDined on 8/26/2014We enjoy going to Trancas when we want a good steak at a reasonable price. Nice traditional steakhouse atmosphere great for the whole family. Always crowded, but they always find us a table.Special Features:
- Napa character and history!NeverEnoughRosesDined on 8/23/2014Recommended by my sister-in-law, for their prime rib, I booked a table for 7 on the 16th for my sister's birthday. Enjoyed the experience so much we brought dear friends here, just a week later, for another celebration...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealPeggyH10Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice steakhouse for dinner while we were staying in Napa. I think this restaurant serves an older demographic (decor was a bit dated and the clientele seemed to be older, neighborhood-regulars), but we thought we'd try it out anyway. Service was a bit slow, but we were not in a hurry. Food was excellent (we both got the filet). Worth the time and the price!Special Features:
- Hungry for a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Best steak. Four in our party. All were done to our liking. Very attentative service. Great value. Wish they were in the town that I live in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We came for the Prime Rib, which was delicious. The service was excellent as well and the drinks were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rib eyeBoxergalDined on 7/20/2014Had one of the best rib eye steaks ever. Service was good, but still this place is a bit pricey!!! I've been there once before and the food was so so.....it's a bit inconsistent.Special Features:
- Table for six took 3 hoursScottDined on 7/19/2014The food was good it just took forever. We arrived at 7 pm for a reservation made on open table, their computer system was down so they gave us a table outside. Didn't get out main dishes till 8:30 pm ordering desert added more time. Getting the check was just as bad. Seemed like they forgot about us out on the patio.
- Always enjoy our visitsjennnifersusanDined on 7/7/2014good food and always attentive service. Look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryLuvfoodDined on 7/5/2014Went there for our anniversary food was great service awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & Prime RibjimmywesVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great Steak & Prime Rib. Fast & attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.dd007Dined on 7/2/2014The prices for their Rib eye steak on their website is $6 more than listed. The Rib Eye was average. Medium priced steak house with easy parking and friendly staff. Not great, not bad.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Trancas Steakhouse reviews archive.
- FrankDined on 6/20/2014Was disappoint to find out at 7:30 on Friday 20th they were out of Prime Rib! Sign indicated famous for Prime Rib and they were out? Someone needs to keep track especially on the weekend your out of the most famous thing your are known for. Poor PlanningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We ate here for dinner. The wait service was very attentive and kept our beverages full. My spouse had the steak which had great flavor. I made the mistake of ordering the french dip. The roll and Swiss cheese had good flavor, but the prime rib was devoid of any flavor. A better French dip could be had for half the price at Arby's. If you go, don't order the flavorless prime rib.
- Great steakhouse.BeezerDined on 6/19/2014We were looking for an unpretentious , not too expensive restaurant in Napa for my birthday. Being from out of town and unfamiliar with the area we were both very pleased with Trancas as it fit our criteria perfectly. Yummy calamari appetizer with a fabulous dipping sauce. My prime rib was outstanding and cooked perfectly... So huge that I could only eat half. My husband (who's not a huge steak man) LOVED his sirloin and ate the whole thing. Service was prompt and friendly. If we lived here this would be our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic steaksOverseasvisitorDined on 6/17/2014Good steaks; nothing special but nothing bad eitherSpecial Features:
- In a word - UnderwhelmedI8it2Dined on 6/15/2014My first thought when we entered was that we had gone back in time and entered the Lyon's lounge in 1989. We started with the bacon wrapped chestnuts, which I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately, it was a misconception - they were water chestnuts...way different. One is a tree nut and the other is a corm. They were still good, but not what I expected. I ordered a New York Steak Sandwich, extra lean for $15, adding cheese for $1 more, and a side of BBQ sauce for another $.50. (Charging for BBQ sauce?!?) What I got was a fatty steak on a hoagie roll, with no cheese or BBQ sauce. I can see why this place is a favorite of geriatric locals - there is no flavor to choke on. For the price and hype, I expected much more out of this place.
- Excellent great!4familyDined on 6/14/2014The service was excellent , the good was great, and wine list was awesome lots if choices, they also have the nice outdoor dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantKennySDined on 6/14/2014The food is good. My wife said that her prime rib was tasteless and dry. The last time we went, we both had one and they were delicious. It must have been an off night. It could use remodeling, but it is clean.Special Features:
- KeithHVIPDined on 6/10/2014The dinner was superb. Simple mixed greens salad with blue cheese/balsamic vinaigrette comes with your entree cost, but it was the two entrees that continues to impress. Seared breast of chicken on fluffy bed of saffron risotto and a terrific Mexican gulf prawns dish that was marvelous. Six u-15 babies perfectly cooked in a mild sauce full of garlic reduced to a perfect consistency. Thank you all again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!millsDined on 6/8/2014Our family always enjoys our gatherings here! Wonderful Staff! Excellent Food! Welcoming Atmosphere! Thank you for awonderful time!Special Features:
- Always greatsteakloversDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is our go-to place for any special occasion. We love taking new people here because we now it will always deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst experienceVoniDined on 5/11/2014My mother consume a paper napkin while eating here house salad. Our waiter and the manager was noticed. There solution was her meal will be on the house. Manager never come over to apologize, bottom line the worst experience ever.
- Great SteakloveagoodsteakDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I were visiting the Napa area and really wanted to have a great steak. The food at Trancas Steakhouse was excellent and the prices were quite reasonable for an outstanding meal. The wait staff was courteous and professional. We were there on Mother's Day and it was an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGCassiebaby18Dined on 5/9/2014I haven't been to very many steakhouses but trancas steakhouse is By far the best steakhouse I've been to!! Everything on the menu is amazing just AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.