999 Trancas Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trancassteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (707) 258-9990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sa-Su 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:30pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Victor Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do caterings from a small group to very large events, from course meals to buffets etc.
- Entertainment: Fridays & Saturdays Karaoke Night from 9:00pm to 1:00am
A word from Trancas Steakhouse
Napa Valley's Best Steak and Prime Rib RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trancas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- BoxergalDined on 11/18/2014The food there is good, their sirloin steak is great......and I'm not a sirloin eater for my steaks. I have to say the service was very rushed, I felt like orders were taken before you could get them out of your mouth, or plates take away before you were done. I've been there numerous times, and this is not the norm, but this was a special dinner with 8 people, so I was disappointed. The wait staff was friendly and was attentive to the needs on the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trancas steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Short and to the point, service was terrible , food was good, but I would not recommend this restaurant because of the service!
- Server Randy was TOPS!DAVEWAIKIKIVIPDined on 11/3/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much enhanced by the SERVER RANDY. Food was delicious and flavor on steak very well seasoned. One thing..I would have awarded 5 stars for service, but when you charge $15 corkage fee for wine, you just don't open the wine, pour the first glass, then let it sit on the table…I have no problem paying a wine corkage fee & tipping on that amount, BUT you need to maintain the wine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steakhouse!travelingeaterDined on 11/2/2014I've been here many times over the last 5yrs and it never disappoints! Breakfast, lunch or dinner, it's always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephenDined on 11/1/2014Although I can't give the Trancas Steakhouse 5 stars for ambience, it gets 5 stars everywhere else. My wife and I usually go there for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. I'm sure they can cook vegetarian on request, but it's known for its fine beef, prime rib especially good. They never miss; food is always delicious, and service outstanding unless they are super-busy, then it's pedal-to-the metal. If you like beef, this is a real sleeper, well worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Prime Rib was good but my Top Sirloin was not. The baked potato was very basic but the sides were served in a nice way with a cool dish. The vegetables were also under cooked, don't mind eating them rare but if you are going to cook them then cook them. The service was great though, very nice and attentive but the quality of wine was overpriced.
- World SeriesNewinNapaDined on 10/24/2014Made a reservation for dinner but ended up eating at bar in order to watch Giants in World Series Game. Bar was packed w locals which made a fun atmosphere. Bartenders extremely attentive w drinks, dinner & water. Food was standard fair prime rib (their specialty) and perfectly cooked. Kitchen has their stuff together - apps meal dessert arrived in a timely manner & at correct temperature. I'll be back.Special Features:
- 2glasseofredwineadayVIPDined on 10/24/2014Wanted to support our local restaurant. We had not been there for years, due to the fact we had a fair lunch the first time...Prices are too high for what you get...fifteen dollar corkage for a neighborhood restaurant that has fair food, not a good idea for us locals..Busy loud bar scene..The place was busy with people who like the old prime rib days, but smaller portions..Older eating crowd with younger ones in the bar area...The service was very good..Will not go back unless we have an event there..Oh yes!! The green salad was wilted and over dressed...Terrible...Special Features:
- Not for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was good, service was adequate but not attentive (we tipped much less than the norm for us), but there was so much noise from the bar from whatever gave was being watched that we could barely hear ourselves talk. We would go back, but don't expect more than what this restaurant offers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place, decent pro esnc1Dined on 10/18/2014Food was pretty good, portions were appropriate and price was spot on. Would one back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was ok. The place not muchEstherVIPDined on 10/12/2014We didnt like the place, totaly empty in the restauran side, becouse they have other part of it with a bar an live music with some people, but in the restaurant the ambience was very poor, the food was fine and the service tooSpecial Features:
- Great Steak!hypnochyckDined on 10/7/2014Went to Trancas for our anniversary dinner, along with our little boy for a family celebration. Food and service was outstanding, kid friendly, but not really a "romantic" place due to the noise level in the bar, watching the Giants baseball game. Lots of whooping and hollering and yelling going on during our dinner. Good thing we're Giants fans! My filet mignon was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest steak guyAwesomeVIPDined on 10/3/2014I would not recommend this steakhouse to anyone looking to experience Napa. It is essentially a local hangout place that needs to be updated or wants to looks 70's on purpose. The food was average and the cost was reasonable. If you want local, quick food service, without the Napa feel, this is your place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was slow, the steaks were not the quality I was expecting from the rating from open table. It was one step up from a chain steakhouse maybe. Had a group of eight and it was loud to the point the table talk was split to the immediate persons next to you. I would not go back there againSpecial Features:
- Great steak & prime rib, exc servceJohnBDenverDined on 9/27/2014Had a party of 10 for my wife's birthday; the food and service was excellent. Others in the party commented that the food as as good or better than the other high priced steakhouse in Napa at a more reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014My coworkers and I had dinner here and returned again for the prime rib. Absolutely excellent!Special Features:
- 4WinosFromSeattleDined on 9/20/2014We were blown away with the quality of the food and their service. A great change of pace from wine tasting all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous beef and seafoodzipgracieDined on 9/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the neighborhood atmosphere, lovely waitress and fabulous food. The steak was perfect and my husband's shrimp were amazing. Loved our waitress: perky, informative, funny and very good at here job.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 9/13/2014Warm friendly staff serving hearty food at reasonable prices. A real salt of the earth place. Very enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Excellence !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I was working in the Napa area and found this restaurant through Open Table. Upon arrival, I was a bit disppointed in the overall ambience of the restaurant, but I must take accountability as I didn't read all of the reviews prior to reserving nor did I check out their web site. It is a steakhouse with karaoke so not what I would have expected. Everyone at our table ordered the prime rib and it was absolutely outstanding. Our waiter (Jit) was attentive and overall it was a great night. I would certainly recommend and will probably return myself.Special Features:
- Worst steakhouse everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Slow service, wierd wall decor of people. Ordered rib med rare. Steak came out med to med well. No seasoning on the meat or veggies. Swiss chard not cooked enough and hard to eat. Server insisted on taking steak back. Owner said I don't know what I am talking about.
- Napa VisitNapagem1Dined on 9/9/2014We were looking for a restaurant that was a local favorite and we found Trancas. This is an above average local establishment with 70's decor, but the service was excellent. we had the New York Strip and it was prepared to our liking and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuigiDined on 9/4/2014Great food, awesome ambience, outstanding service. Great for locals.like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishesSpecial Features:
- awesome suprisekateDined on 9/1/2014I went here on vacation with my girl friend. We both ordered the filet and it was delicious. This was my favorite dinner on our trip. Much better then Cole's chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid local steakhouseFoodieInTrainingVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoy going to Trancas when we want a good steak at a reasonable price. Nice traditional steakhouse atmosphere great for the whole family. Always crowded, but they always find us a table.Special Features:
- Napa character and history!NeverEnoughRosesDined on 8/23/2014Recommended by my sister-in-law, for their prime rib, I booked a table for 7 on the 16th for my sister's birthday. Enjoyed the experience so much we brought dear friends here, just a week later, for another celebration...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealPeggyH10Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice steakhouse for dinner while we were staying in Napa. I think this restaurant serves an older demographic (decor was a bit dated and the clientele seemed to be older, neighborhood-regulars), but we thought we'd try it out anyway. Service was a bit slow, but we were not in a hurry. Food was excellent (we both got the filet). Worth the time and the price!Special Features:
- Hungry for a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Best steak. Four in our party. All were done to our liking. Very attentative service. Great value. Wish they were in the town that I live in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We came for the Prime Rib, which was delicious. The service was excellent as well and the drinks were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Trancas Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great rib eyeBoxergalDined on 7/20/2014Had one of the best rib eye steaks ever. Service was good, but still this place is a bit pricey!!! I've been there once before and the food was so so.....it's a bit inconsistent.Special Features:
- Table for six took 3 hoursScottDined on 7/19/2014The food was good it just took forever. We arrived at 7 pm for a reservation made on open table, their computer system was down so they gave us a table outside. Didn't get out main dishes till 8:30 pm ordering desert added more time. Getting the check was just as bad. Seemed like they forgot about us out on the patio.
- Always enjoy our visitsjennnifersusanDined on 7/7/2014good food and always attentive service. Look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryLuvfoodDined on 7/5/2014Went there for our anniversary food was great service awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & Prime RibjimmywesVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great Steak & Prime Rib. Fast & attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.dd007Dined on 7/2/2014The prices for their Rib eye steak on their website is $6 more than listed. The Rib Eye was average. Medium priced steak house with easy parking and friendly staff. Not great, not bad.
- FrankDined on 6/20/2014Was disappoint to find out at 7:30 on Friday 20th they were out of Prime Rib! Sign indicated famous for Prime Rib and they were out? Someone needs to keep track especially on the weekend your out of the most famous thing your are known for. Poor PlanningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We ate here for dinner. The wait service was very attentive and kept our beverages full. My spouse had the steak which had great flavor. I made the mistake of ordering the french dip. The roll and Swiss cheese had good flavor, but the prime rib was devoid of any flavor. A better French dip could be had for half the price at Arby's. If you go, don't order the flavorless prime rib.
- Great steakhouse.BeezerDined on 6/19/2014We were looking for an unpretentious , not too expensive restaurant in Napa for my birthday. Being from out of town and unfamiliar with the area we were both very pleased with Trancas as it fit our criteria perfectly. Yummy calamari appetizer with a fabulous dipping sauce. My prime rib was outstanding and cooked perfectly... So huge that I could only eat half. My husband (who's not a huge steak man) LOVED his sirloin and ate the whole thing. Service was prompt and friendly. If we lived here this would be our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic steaksOverseasvisitorDined on 6/17/2014Good steaks; nothing special but nothing bad eitherSpecial Features:
- In a word - UnderwhelmedI8it2Dined on 6/15/2014My first thought when we entered was that we had gone back in time and entered the Lyon's lounge in 1989. We started with the bacon wrapped chestnuts, which I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately, it was a misconception - they were water chestnuts...way different. One is a tree nut and the other is a corm. They were still good, but not what I expected. I ordered a New York Steak Sandwich, extra lean for $15, adding cheese for $1 more, and a side of BBQ sauce for another $.50. (Charging for BBQ sauce?!?) What I got was a fatty steak on a hoagie roll, with no cheese or BBQ sauce. I can see why this place is a favorite of geriatric locals - there is no flavor to choke on. For the price and hype, I expected much more out of this place.