999 Trancas Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trancassteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7072589990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sa-Su 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:30pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Victor Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do caterings from a small group to very large events, from course meals to buffets etc.
- Entertainment: Fridays & Saturdays Karaoke Night from 9:00pm to 1:00am
A word from Trancas Steakhouse
Napa Valley's Best Steak and Prime Rib RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Trancas Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Trancas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Solid local steakhouseFoodieInTrainingDined on 8/26/2014We enjoy going to Trancas when we want a good steak at a reasonable price. Nice traditional steakhouse atmosphere great for the whole family. Always crowded, but they always find us a table.Special Features:
- Napa character and history!NeverEnoughRosesDined on 8/23/2014Recommended by my sister-in-law, for their prime rib, I booked a table for 7 on the 16th for my sister's birthday. Enjoyed the experience so much we brought dear friends here, just a week later, for another celebration...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealPeggyH10Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice steakhouse for dinner while we were staying in Napa. I think this restaurant serves an older demographic (decor was a bit dated and the clientele seemed to be older, neighborhood-regulars), but we thought we'd try it out anyway. Service was a bit slow, but we were not in a hurry. Food was excellent (we both got the filet). Worth the time and the price!Special Features:
- Hungry for a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Best steak. Four in our party. All were done to our liking. Very attentative service. Great value. Wish they were in the town that I live in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We came for the Prime Rib, which was delicious. The service was excellent as well and the drinks were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rib eyeBoxergalDined on 7/20/2014Had one of the best rib eye steaks ever. Service was good, but still this place is a bit pricey!!! I've been there once before and the food was so so.....it's a bit inconsistent.Special Features:
- Table for six took 3 hoursScottDined on 7/19/2014The food was good it just took forever. We arrived at 7 pm for a reservation made on open table, their computer system was down so they gave us a table outside. Didn't get out main dishes till 8:30 pm ordering desert added more time. Getting the check was just as bad. Seemed like they forgot about us out on the patio.
- Always enjoy our visitsjennnifersusanDined on 7/7/2014good food and always attentive service. Look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryLuvfoodDined on 7/5/2014Went there for our anniversary food was great service awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & Prime RibjimmywesVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great Steak & Prime Rib. Fast & attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.dd007Dined on 7/2/2014The prices for their Rib eye steak on their website is $6 more than listed. The Rib Eye was average. Medium priced steak house with easy parking and friendly staff. Not great, not bad.
- FrankDined on 6/20/2014Was disappoint to find out at 7:30 on Friday 20th they were out of Prime Rib! Sign indicated famous for Prime Rib and they were out? Someone needs to keep track especially on the weekend your out of the most famous thing your are known for. Poor PlanningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We ate here for dinner. The wait service was very attentive and kept our beverages full. My spouse had the steak which had great flavor. I made the mistake of ordering the french dip. The roll and Swiss cheese had good flavor, but the prime rib was devoid of any flavor. A better French dip could be had for half the price at Arby's. If you go, don't order the flavorless prime rib.
- Great steakhouse.BeezerDined on 6/19/2014We were looking for an unpretentious , not too expensive restaurant in Napa for my birthday. Being from out of town and unfamiliar with the area we were both very pleased with Trancas as it fit our criteria perfectly. Yummy calamari appetizer with a fabulous dipping sauce. My prime rib was outstanding and cooked perfectly... So huge that I could only eat half. My husband (who's not a huge steak man) LOVED his sirloin and ate the whole thing. Service was prompt and friendly. If we lived here this would be our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic steaksOverseasvisitorDined on 6/17/2014Good steaks; nothing special but nothing bad eitherSpecial Features:
- In a word - UnderwhelmedI8it2Dined on 6/15/2014My first thought when we entered was that we had gone back in time and entered the Lyon's lounge in 1989. We started with the bacon wrapped chestnuts, which I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately, it was a misconception - they were water chestnuts...way different. One is a tree nut and the other is a corm. They were still good, but not what I expected. I ordered a New York Steak Sandwich, extra lean for $15, adding cheese for $1 more, and a side of BBQ sauce for another $.50. (Charging for BBQ sauce?!?) What I got was a fatty steak on a hoagie roll, with no cheese or BBQ sauce. I can see why this place is a favorite of geriatric locals - there is no flavor to choke on. For the price and hype, I expected much more out of this place.
- Excellent great!4familyDined on 6/14/2014The service was excellent , the good was great, and wine list was awesome lots if choices, they also have the nice outdoor dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantKennySDined on 6/14/2014The food is good. My wife said that her prime rib was tasteless and dry. The last time we went, we both had one and they were delicious. It must have been an off night. It could use remodeling, but it is clean.Special Features:
- KeithHVIPDined on 6/10/2014The dinner was superb. Simple mixed greens salad with blue cheese/balsamic vinaigrette comes with your entree cost, but it was the two entrees that continues to impress. Seared breast of chicken on fluffy bed of saffron risotto and a terrific Mexican gulf prawns dish that was marvelous. Six u-15 babies perfectly cooked in a mild sauce full of garlic reduced to a perfect consistency. Thank you all again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!millsDined on 6/8/2014Our family always enjoys our gatherings here! Wonderful Staff! Excellent Food! Welcoming Atmosphere! Thank you for awonderful time!Special Features:
- Always greatsteakloversDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is our go-to place for any special occasion. We love taking new people here because we now it will always deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst experienceVoniDined on 5/11/2014My mother consume a paper napkin while eating here house salad. Our waiter and the manager was noticed. There solution was her meal will be on the house. Manager never come over to apologize, bottom line the worst experience ever.
- Great SteakloveagoodsteakDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I were visiting the Napa area and really wanted to have a great steak. The food at Trancas Steakhouse was excellent and the prices were quite reasonable for an outstanding meal. The wait staff was courteous and professional. We were there on Mother's Day and it was an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGCassiebaby18Dined on 5/9/2014I haven't been to very many steakhouses but trancas steakhouse is By far the best steakhouse I've been to!! Everything on the menu is amazing just AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but nothing specialMarsnutDined on 5/8/2014My wife and I were visiting Napa and looking for a restaurant that locals eat at. The conceierge recommended this steakhouse. Trancas was what you'd expect from a locals steakhouse. Interior was clean, but nothing fancy. Service was outstanding. Unfortunately, the food was just average. We both had the Prime Rib which the menu said was a specialty. We were served an ample portion of meat that was cooked to our specifications. Unfortunately, it wasn't as tender as most prime ribs are. In fact it was very firm, like a NY Strip. Taste was OK, but nothing "special". Overall it was an acceptable dining experience, but it is not likely one that I will repeat the next time we are in Napa.Special Features:
- Great prime ribAlexVIPDined on 5/6/2014Fabulous prime rib; reasonable corkage fee; and good side dishes. We haven't tried other entrees, but the other options look good too.Special Features:
- Old school steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014My husband had been out at the wineries all day and ready for a great eat. The prime rib and short rib we ordered were delicious. This is not the place to go for a romantic dinner, as it looks like a place that has been around a while. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere. I felt a little over dressed. Great for a large group since the pricing was reasonable and if you like karaoke. I was impressed by the number of people that got up to sing. I guess liquid courage? Also got to keep up with the warriors game which was a plus.Special Features:
- cbChuckDined on 5/3/2014had 6:30 reservations and had to wait 1 hour before being seated at our table. it took another 15 or 20 minutes before we received menus and water. when the apitisers were served 2 out of our group of 8 were forgotten. then entrees were the same fiasco. two steak entrees were missing. we had to ask someone for our waiter several times. would not go back or recommend this place to anyone
- The following 43 reviews are from the Trancas Steakhouse reviews archive.
- The line out the door, good food!GWillisDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed eating at a locals place. Staff attentive. Not a fancy place. Quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Average EateryKP69Dined on 4/24/2014Been here few times over the years and always much time in between. The food is okay , maybe step above Sizzler down the street. The food always seems to be just average never meeting the price they charge. Service is good and friendly, but not very experienced. I had Lamb and wife had Prime Rib. Just average and was $70 without drinks.Special Features:
- Steak HousewilliamDined on 4/24/2014Older style, local restaurant. Pictures on the walls of dinners over the years and booth style seating.Special Features:
- Son in law birthday dinner in NapaLoriGDined on 3/22/2014Last week my husband and I went to Napa for 7 days. Our kids and granddaughter (8 years) joined us for the weekend. Prior to their arrival, my husband and I saw the town (wine train, Safari West, dined at Bottega, more wine tasting, etc.), but our dinner at Trancas is the highlight of our Napa trip. We all had such a good time because the food was excellent and the atmosphere was comfortable, very family friendly. I recommend the filet mignon ($30) and the prime rib ($25), both were done perfectly and a good quality, tender beef (we share). The horseradish is the real stuff. The mashed potatoes were also very good. My husband said the chicken ($18) was very good, but the risotto was not available. That was our only disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, not the LastDSSforfishDined on 3/15/2014Excellent dinner, one ordered the chicken with a very good risotto, and the other a filet mignon. Both were excellent and we were impressed with the service and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below ExpectationsBdayBoyDined on 3/14/2014As a devoted patron from the past, I hadn't visited in 3 years. The service was always great, the food excellent with many appetizer choices. This was my birthday dinner, my girlfriend wanted to take me to Cole's Chop House; I declined insisting on TSH. We were immediately seated, and brought bread, butter & water, it went downhill from there. The young waiter got confused about the "specials" . I wanted the T-bone and prawn cocktail. Sadly, prawn cocktail is no longer available, so the waiter suggested we have the muscles platter, only to be told they had sold out. When I went to order my T-bone, I was told that it was also sold out. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!Special Features:
- Conveniently located30yrNapkinVIPDined on 3/14/2014It was my husband's birthday and he likes steak; we had not been to TS for a long time. As before, the steaks are the only thing that gets a rave review. The service is barely adequate and the only food that is special is the steak. The salad and sides are merely okay. I feel the prices are a little high for what they offer but it IS the Napa Valley so we are used to that. Did not want to drive out of town after work on a Friday so it seemed like a good choice. The hubby did enjoy his filet mignon.
- First dateShabbaRanksDined on 2/22/2014I had my first date here, great food mood lighting, excellent service, although the table next to us had 2 older guys arguing with eachother wich I thought was funny but a little outa line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Local SpotChristineVIPDined on 2/22/2014Trancas Steakhouse is great for a good meal close to home. Very casual and friendly...food is good and not too expensive. Happy atmosphere and friendly people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoDinnerDined on 2/15/2014Service was slow sat for long time before sever greeted us, then it took long for drinks ,soup and salad to began to come to table. Had to send steak back due to under cooked Two many random toddlers running table thought I was at a chuckie cheese instread of out with my husband. With slow serve it took forever to just get water and bread on table and at the end. No discounts were given.
- Best service!NellyDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was really busy. There was one particular host that took care of us. I completely understand how busy and crazy it was because of valentines day. This woman did notice us and checked on us all the time. I would definitely come back on a busy day because of her. I wish I had her name so 'she' could get credit for this. Overall good experience and great food! Thanks you guys!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerTammyDined on 2/14/2014I made reservations and they were ready when I arrived. We were seated right by the bar which is very crowded and loud. I asked to be moved across the room in a booth and they did so with a smile. The dinner was wonderful and the service was really quite fast for it being a special day for everyone. All four of us enjoyed our dinners. Good food.Special Features: