Tramonto's Steak & Seafood
601 N Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Tramonto's Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/dining/index.html?propertyID=
- Phone: 8477776575
- Hours of Operation:
Tramonto's Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
RT Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rick Tramonto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tramonto’s Steak and Seafood is "Big city dining in the burbs". The design of the restaurant is eclectic yet comfortable and features a two story waterfall and glass wine wall consisting of over 1,000 wines. Executive Chef Rick Tramonto has put his mark on our menus and service!
- Private Party Contact: Yavis Soto 8477776560
A word from Tramonto's Steak & Seafood
Tramonto's Steak & Seafood & RT Lounge is open Monday through Saturday at 5 P.M. Our bar with our new bar menu is open at 5 P.M.Continued
Try our new 3 courses for $39 Prix Fixe Menu available Monday through Friday, 5 P.M. - 10 P.M.
Try our new 3 courses for $39 Prix Fixe Menu available Monday through Friday, 5 P.M. - 10 P.M.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tramonto's Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
- B-Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2013Great dinner. We had the the three course special. Great desserts and they even brought out a special dessert for the b-day.Special Features:
- We want to be regulars here!AnnSBVIPDined on 7/27/2013My son recently graduated from Navy Boot Camp in Great Lakes, IL. We wanted to have a special dinner for him and Tramonto was a home run! The food was amazing! The steaks were cooked perfectly, the side dishes were large enough and very flavorful, and the sushi was excellent. All portions were ample from appetizers to main courses to side dishes to desserts. As a special treat they presented my son with a congratulatory dessert which was a very lovely gesture. My only regret is that we won't be going back anytime soon as we live in NY. If we lived in the area we would want to become regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broken front doorMeirVIPDined on 7/25/2013For an expensive restaurant they should fix the front door. My wife could not make it turn. All the rubber is broke & dry. It's been like this for a while. When I made a comment to the greeter, he just nodded, like I heard enough of this.Special Features:
- Still the Best SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013We have been coming to Tramonto's since the Westin opened over six years ago. When we want great steak this is it. We were celebrating my son's 16th birthday and 3 of us got the filet, while my daughter got the crab cakes (then stole bites of filet from everyone else's plates). Wine list a bit overpriced, so instead we got martinis. Bread: not a fan of the popovers, prefer French or Italian bread instead, but we came for filet and left very happy!! Oh, and for dessert the pineapple upside-down cake was fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice place for Anniversary Dinner.MdunkDined on 7/13/2013Good food and great service. Would be 5 stars but they had to re-fire my steak. Ordered medium got rare. Otherwise a great meal capped off by a complimentary anniversary desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/1/2013The ribeye is very competitive with the best Chicago steakhouses and I felt had a little more depth of flavor. The restaurant also was more like a top-end restaurant than a typical steakhouse, so it did not have that men-only feel. Overall, an excellent (albeit not cheap) experience.Special Features:
- SolidPwacTwacDined on 5/29/2013Steak was outstanding. Wedge was decent, not spectacular. brussel sprouts were solid and Mac and Cheese was excellent. Service was top notch. Prices are not cheap but inline with other high end steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013I had high expectations and they delivered. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was delectable! The icing on the cake was when they brought out a "Happy Anniverary" plate with candle and dessert unprompted for my wife and me. I was trying to figure out how they knew and then i remembered that in the opentable reservation I put that I'd like a seat with nice ambiance since it was our anniversary!! ABOVE AND BEYOND service...we are a HUGE fan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isn't it lovely?!sunshineDined on 5/4/2013Lovely place to dine. The service was attentive, but non-intrusive and the food was delicious. Loved the waterfall behind the glass wall. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe menu at $39OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/30/2013Filet mignon is great, and both the salted choc cake & upside down pineapple cake were really really good. Prix Fixe menu at $39 is great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive service thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2013Very attentive service that understands the fine line between great service while not being bothersome / annoying.Special Features:
- Food quality overall was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Food quality overall was excellent. Steaks came exactly as ordered. Service was prompt, attentive, but not intrusive. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Had to cut the evening shortOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Had to cut the evening short a bit earlier than I would have liked, but absolutely loved it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Tramonto's still rocks!TolerBear1VIPDined on 3/27/2013I used to come here almost every week for dinner back in 2006 or so when they first opened! Glad to see this place still has great food, service and ambience! I had the veal cheeks for appetizer, then for dinner: bone in ribeye, truffled mac n cheese, and brussell sprouts with bacon. For dessert, i then had the chocolate soufflé! Everything was excellent! I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Perfect for Anniversary DinnerKarloverDined on 3/23/2013Went there for our anniversary. Never been, and hadn't heard much about it except "good steaks". What an understatement. The whole experience was great. My wife raved about her crab cake and I loved my NY Strip. Sauces and side dishes were very flavorful. Dark chocolate souffle was okay, but I'm not a big dark chocolate guy anyways. It is pricey, so I wouldn't really go there except for special occasions, maybe 2 or 3 times a year.Special Features:
- This was the first time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013This was the first time I've dined at Tramanto's and it was as good if not better than expected. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013We thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner. The waiter was superb as was the food and ambiance. Thanks for a great evening. Martin Saltzman, MDSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I enjoyed this restaurant a lot. It is definitely for those looking to escape the routine steak house. Try the Foie Gras a true delicacy.Special Features:
- Slow and disjointed servicebudaDined on 2/14/2013Food was good, not great and certainly not up the quality one would expect for the price. Service struggled all night - slow and disjointed. Every time the waiter would come by to check on us, he would discover something wrong - "oh, nobody brought you any bread yet?", "oh, you don't have your appetizers yet?", etc. After our entree arrived, when he stopped by to check on us, we pointed out that we didn't yet have one of the sides we ordered... after disappearing to check on it, he came back, apologized that he had forgotten to turn it into the kitchen and we could have it in 10 to 15 minutes if we still wanted it. My steak was room temperature when I got it. I could go on... a comedy of errors.
- A great place for steaks andNewtoemDined on 1/11/2013A great place for steaks and seafood. Have always had a very positive experience here. We were celebrating my son's engagement and the maitre d George and also our waiter George made the evening very special.Special Features:
- Truly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012We had 8 pm reservations on Saturday. We were seated right away, but it took some time for the waiter to come by even though there were only 3 other tables filled. Service was slow, he may have been new, but we didn't get that feeling. The prime rib was alright, but extremely fatty. The NY strip was chewy and the filet trio, even though ordered medium rare came out well done and had to be sent back. The sides, trio of mashed potatoes, and mushrooms were so salty it made them inedible. At the end of our meal the waiter told us that they had a special dessert but it needed to be ordered 20 minutes ahead of time followed up by the comment that he should have told us sooner. A truly disappointing experience for a lot of money. What a waste!
- My husband and myself wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012My husband and myself went in there for the first time to celebrate our marriage the day before together. The staff was enthusiastic for our celebration of our marriage. They let us enjoy our special time together. When we ordered dessert, the pastry chef designed "Congratulations" in chocolate on our plate. Absolutely amazing! Special thanks to Jim and Paul to making us feel like a king and queen for the night. Also, make sure you try the veal cheeks, yum!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Service,InterviewdinnerVIPDined on 11/27/2012Great Food and Great Service, It can be a neighborhood special occasion place or as I did a good place for a business dinner.Special Features:
- Would not go back. We wereaj10VIPDined on 10/27/2012Would not go back. We were a party of six people. Four of us ordered the prime rib, which on the menu is available for Fri., Sat. and Sun. Our waiter came back to our table about 10-15 minutes after we all had ordered and told us there was no prime rib available. The food was okay. Our waiter was nice, but not real attentive. And with parties of six or more a tip is already included. So, he didn't have to be attentive. Too bad, the room is lovely and the bus boys did everything they could, when we requested anything.
- A fabulous evening. EverythingCLO50VIPDined on 10/4/2012A fabulous evening. Everything was perfect. Thanks.Special Features:
- Tomahawk Flop?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2012I went to Tramonto's for the Tomahawk Chop that they advertise as their signature item, and it is part of the normal menu.(I mean it was even prominently displayed as part of the Top Chef appearance a couple of years ago.) When my group arrived and we ordered, we were told that they were out. We were shocked. They told us that while it is their signature item that they only sell a couple of them a week, so they don't stock very many. If you want to do the tomahawk, you should probably call ahead to make sure they have them available. Otherwise, the food was very good but not sure I got over the disappointment of not having the tomahawk.
- Every food portion was cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2012Every food portion was cooked perfectly. A very nice evening
- When we arrived for our 6:15OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012When we arrived for our 6:15 reservations at 6:00 to have a drink at the bar, the doors were still locked which was odd and the newspaper was still outside. But our experience from start to finish was a-maz-ing! We sat at the swanky bar with its beautiful waterfall displaying all its' wares and our bartender whipped me up a pomagranite martini. We were escorted to the table where Roy, our server, took exquisite care of us all night providing the best recommendations and took care of any needs before we even knew we had them. I had a crabcake that was all meat. Not a breadcrumb patty that you'd find everywhere else. My mom had the tuna tartare and it was fresh and the presentation was beautiful. The ribeye was outstanding! Best EVERSpecial Features:
- A hotel restaurant and notAnotherSteakPlaceVIPDined on 9/14/2012A hotel restaurant and not up to the price of the food. service marginal and not what you would expect in this perceived category of establishments. Lots of better competition just down the road. Nice bar scene but need something fun not expensive and without a "special" attribute. Rather go to others even if $10 less down the street.
- Excellent! And I had a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2012Excellent! And I had a birthday there and they delivered which made me feel good! Will go there again!
- Perfect Culinary DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012I had booked a reservation for my birthday with a friend of mine. From start to finish, the whole dining experience was a memorable one. The staff and service were wonderful, and the food was a culinary delight. I had wanted to try the restaurant for some time now, and am especially glad that I did!Special Features:
- Always excellent. Tuna tartare,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/18/2012Always excellent. Tuna tartare, prime rib and truffle oil mac and cheese we're all outstanding.Special Features:
- Our 60th wedding anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2012Our 60th wedding anniversary! We dined soon after they opened. Lovely room decorations, very pleasant staff and the rib roast entrees were as ordered and delicious. The best popovers I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Good food though I had expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Good food though I had expected more flavor based on previousw reviews.
- This was our first diningOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/14/2012This was our first dining experience at this restaurant, and it was a wonderful experience. It is just a beautiful restaurant. The presentation of the meal was exceptional, as was the meal itself. Our server Jim could not have been better. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Visit was memorable in allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Visit was memorable in all respects. We all enjoyed teh food-cooked as ordered and as expected. Service was friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- Company came to townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012We read reviews prior to making a reservation. We had company come to town from Phoenix and wanted to have a "good" relaxing dinner. We were not dissapointed. We chose this restaurant over those in Lincolnshire "Randall's" as they would cork and decant my wine for me. The setting is great and service/food excellant. I had bone in tenderloin-best ever, company had crab cake, shrimp, and wife a trio of tenderloins. Sides of truffle mac n cheese, creamed spinach, and asparagas were more than enough for the four of us and very tasty. I would definetely dine there again.Special Features:
- Overpriced. For these pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2012Overpriced. For these prices the valet we should not have to wave down the valet to take the car bc he was simply not paying attention. Table setting was also missing utensils.
- Service was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2012Service was very good and the waiter was tremendously helpful. The menu was a little pricey but for special occasions it is worth the visit.Special Features:
- Great Brithday ExperienceNorthshoredaveVIPDined on 5/26/2012Went here for my Birthday dinner and was very pleased. I have not been here in a while so I was pleased that the food and service are still excellent. The Tomato soup was great. The shrimp cocktail was served elegantly. The bone in Filet was great and a value at $39 compared to other steakhouses. Also the truffled mac that was recommended was very good. Finally the caramel chocolate cake was a great dessert and lighter than other steak house dessert. Overall a great meal and a good value for a high end steakhouse.Special Features: