75 Cinema Lane
Saint Simons, GA 31522Neighborhood:
St. Simons Island
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tramicirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (912) 634-2202
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday through Wednesday from 5-9pm; Thursday through Saturday from 5-10pm. Lunch served Monday through Friday from 11-2. Closed New Year's Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Glen Mikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tramici has an experienced catering crew to meet your needs and surpass your expectations. Event Coordinator Jessica Smith will organize your event to include delicious food, tasty beverages, rental equipment, tents, locations, service staff, and entertainment if you wish. Whether it be a low country boil on the beach, an intimate dinner for twelve, or a wedding reception with your 250 closest friends, Tramici will create an extraordinary event to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: Private luncheons are available everyday at Tramici for business meetings, social events, bridesmaids' luncheons, or for whatever your needs may be. If you need a private function at night, please call to discuss a buy out of the restaurant for the entire evening or just a part of the night.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Smith/Dave Snyder 9126342202
- Entertainment: Tramici is located across the parking lot from Island Cinemas Movie Theater. Park once to have dinner and a movie. We have the movie times available.
- Special Events: Happy hour is everyday from 5-6:30 with special food and drink prices.
Tramici is involved with numerous local and national charities including the St. Simon's Land Trust, Cystic Fibrosis, and the Boys and Girls Club.
A word from Tramici
What does Tramici mean? It means "among friends" and Tramici is the place where you want to be with friends and family to enjoy delicious American-Italian fare including Housemade Mozzarella with Basil, a crispy 4 Cheese Pizza with Arugula, and your favorite standbys like Spaghetti and Meatballs or Oven Baked Lasagna. This lunch and dinner restaurant is the second venture of Dave Snyder, owner of Halyards and The Halyard Restaurant Group. Chef de Cuisine John Ryan is on hand to ensure warm hospitality and a great experience. The decor is casual and highlighted by a 18 seat bar, 8 tables in our courtyard, and an open kitchen to watch the delicious food come out of the Wood Stone Oven. The adventurous wine list and cold tap beers will pair well with the menu that is changed with the seasons. Tramici is family friendly with a full Kid's Menu and open everyday where tables for walk-ins are available all the time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tramici - Best Restaurants in St. Simons Island ›
Tramici reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)romantic (14)notable wine list (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Tramici Rocks!Ace919Dined on 11/16/2014Cool, casual ambiance. Food is great....love the specials Service is excellent (they have to be good to write their name upside down on the table!). Fabulous management team constantly overseeing all that goes on. They really make you feel at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood italianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014casual dining, but our meal and service were excellent. will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never dissapoint!KatieBDined on 11/13/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. This truly is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restauranOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014This is a great little restaurant. I eat here every Friday night. The food is really good. The service very friendly. The prices are reasonable and you can get half portions on many items.Special Features:
- Papered TablesfamilycookdinerDined on 11/8/2014Dined with my two babies (1 & 3) and husband. Great food! Fried Avocado appetizer was exceptional. Eggplant parmesan was good, though served so hot that it was difficult to enjoy in a timely manor. We also had Fettuccini Alfredo and the banana pudding, they were above average. Pre dining experience was great because they papered the tables and provided crayons plus kid menus to color. Service was accommodating, fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We totally enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere at your restaurant. The server was delightful and gave us her full attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBemishDined on 10/31/2014Even on crowded holiday weekend the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tramici's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Excellent food and Linzie's service was top notch. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. As usualHomerleoDined on 10/24/2014Tramicis is one of our favorite local restaurants . It never fails, always consistently good. Love the salmon, artichoke, bean salad.Special Features:
- LambchopVIPDined on 10/23/2014Everytime we come to St. Simons Island we have to come to Tramici's and we are never disappointed. We were here for the McGladrey Golf torunament and saw several PGA tour players eating here--I'm sure they look forward to eating at Tramici's as we do.Special Features:
- Fantastic!PermanentTourist1Dined on 10/18/2014We took friends toTramici on Saturday evening for dinner. Not only was the food delicious, the service was excellent. Our table in the newly renovated outdoor area was quiet and intimate. Our friends had never been to Tramici. Theu say it is now their favorite restaurant on the island! It was a wonderful evening, complete with personal greetings from chef/owner, Dabe Snyder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 10/14/2014pizza the best! chicken parm waaaayyyy overcooked. love the salads as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly ShockedlocalresidentDined on 10/4/2014Many of my friends raved about Tramici's. Our experience started fine. Made a reservation on-line for 7 PM on Sat. We walked in and they escorted us straight to our table. Unfortunately, our waitress did not see us. Another waitress preparing for a larger group got us some water. Our waitress was pleasant after she showed up. The bread was very good and so was the appetizer of Fried Calamari. The meal took a very long time to come out, which is usually a bad sign. Usually meaning it's sitting under heat lamps waiting to be delivered. Our Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and a Shrimp and Crab pasta dish both came out cold, my noodles were half cooked and pasty. Replacement meals tasted like watered down Knorr meals. 4 Shrimp total
- Noisy Eatery2eatgoodDined on 10/4/2014The environment is too loud to hold a sensible conversation with friends. There seems to be a lack of intimacy overall. Not at all what I had anticipated. As far as my veal parmesan: the meat was dried out. I had several people recommend Tramici. I will give it one more chance, maybe the whole staff was off or I on the other hand expected more.
- A sure thing3BirdiesDined on 9/28/2014We never have to wonder if we are going to find something good and of high quality. The superb service matches the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JepmdDined on 9/27/2014Busy, attractive, restaurant with good food, good service, and an appealing menu. A little noisy, but not overwhelming. I would happily go back.Special Features:
- perfect pickdatenightDined on 9/20/2014my wife & I were looking for a place for date night and we picked a great spot here. We had dinner then walked across the parking lot and watched a movie. To quote my wife "we could not have picked a better place to eat"Special Features:
- Our FavoriteLinzmaDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful outdoor dining experience! Food was tasty and servers were friendly and professional. Hostess, Ellen, is the very best. She makes EVERYONE feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place-comfortable & invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Tramicis is a good place and enjoyable ambiance but with the number of equally good restaurants at this pricepoint, competion is fierce. Food quality was above average and service was excellent. Defintely recommend to people visiting the island who are going to have several meals out.Special Features:
- LauraDined on 9/1/2014Thank you Ashley for a great dinner! We enjoyed it very much.
- billDined on 8/28/2014Best restaurant on st simons.great food, good service, friendly people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchManyMoonsDined on 8/28/2014We had a great lunch as usual. I had the open face scampi and fried green tomato sandwich. It was tasty.... I have had it previously. My friend had pizza and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Enjoy but wish you would diversify your menu somewhat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun - delicious foodlocallady5Dined on 8/23/2014We love to visit Tramici for dinner before a movie, or to meet friends, or to take our grandchildren out for a meal. We particularly enjoy the fresh local fish dishes and the thin crust pizza. Tramici is a favorite!Special Features:
- Complete PackagelovegoodfoodDined on 8/22/2014The food is always delicious and the service is above par. We have our favorites on the menu, but the specials have been really good and given us new and savory options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices are high for what you getJacksonDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Tramicis many times. Each time we go we see how we get less food for the price we are paying. Last night was no exception. We will most likely not return. We paid $12 for peach cobbler which was the special dessert of the evening. Taste was mediocre and price was unreasonably high. Entree included eggplant parm which came with nothing - no pasta or salad. I think the food is generally good, but the value is not - the prices are too high
- Great for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014Friendly service and good food made for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great optionKipperVIPDined on 8/8/2014Amid the myriad fish places we found the perfect in-between:pasta & fish. My wife and I are vegetarian and found delicious entrees. Our other dining guest found great fresh fish dishes. Beautiful outdoor dining and a great bar in a suburban location.Special Features:
- harriettDined on 8/7/2014I really enjoyed the restaurant. We had an added pleasure. President Jimmy Carter & his wife Rosalyn were having dinner near our table. It was exciting.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodcd1016Dined on 8/2/2014Our favorite local place to have a date night or take the kids. Kid friendly, with excellent food. The trout and salmon are delicious, as well as the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost as good as Olive GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We came here for a Italian cuisine but were particularly disappointed with the under prepared eggplant Parmesan. The only reason I would recommend to a friend is that the lasagna was very good, James the waiter was attentive and friendly, and I was told afterwards that the fish specials are what I should have asked forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but noisyLynnybrookDined on 7/28/2014The food was very good and portions were large. Appetizer, salad, and main courses all good. I had the seafood pasta and my husband had veal. There were a lot of locals eating there and enjoying the evening. There is outside dining although it was too hot for us.Special Features:
- Just okayVtfoodieDined on 7/27/2014We had read about Tramici on different food review sites, so we were excited to try it. We were seated promptly, and after requesting it, given a drink menu. Our server brought what looked like great bread to the table, but unfortunately, although it was warm, it was stale. Our salads were only so-so (bland dressing, skimpy ingredients) and our pizza with spicy sausage was fine, but nothing exceptional. Our server then brought us the check. No dessert menu was offered, no coffee or tea- just the check. So, since there are certainly other great dining spots on St. Simon's, we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Meet friendsBrinkVIPDined on 7/26/2014A great place to meet friends and have a very good meal.Special Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Had dinner there recently. Music in background too loud and irritating. Food was excellent as usual and service provided by Shannon was outstanding. We eat there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 434 reviews are from the Tramici reviews archive.
- Delicious!ToniV615Dined on 7/24/2014Soooo much better than our last visit! Everything was yummy and my husband is still talking about the margherita pizza! I had the trout special and it was also worth reminiscing about:) We had the mussels for an appetizer just perfect. All around a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuntofoodVIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent pizza! Very kind staff and appreciate that your business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-To Italian for SSIBillDined on 7/20/2014Great experience! This is one of our favorite spots on SSI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamabearDined on 7/17/2014We recently gathered at Tramici to celebrate birthdays of close friends. It was a delightful evening in every way. The staff was outstanding-just right. The chicken piccatta was delicious. It is one of my top favorite restaurants on St. Simons; consistently a great experience in every way. Another outstanding feature of Tramici is the high quality and freshness of the food. I love the fact that I can have a healthy, light and scrumptious dinner there.Special Features:
- Tramici always pleasesLRBWDined on 7/10/2014Good food & good staff make Tramici one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.