11 Old Tomahawk Street - Route 118
Granite Springs, NY 10527Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.traditions118restaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 248-7200
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday:4:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Traditions 118
Traditions is truly a unique and magnificent establishment that should not be missed. Nestled in the small community of Granite Springs, Westchester County, NY, we offer our time honored classic cuisine with contemporary flair from our award-winning chef. Whether you prefer a romantic evening with a loved one, a night out for martinis with the girls, or a family gathering in a private dining room, Traditions 118 restaurant is a “tradition” in the making in a charming, newly renovated setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Traditions 118 reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious. Some traditional recipes had surprisingly delightful twists. The staff was friendly and courteous. All in all one of the best meals I've had in a long time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood diningGoodeatsDined on 11/9/2014I have enjoyed eating at traditions118. I usually reserve it for special occasions like graduations, birthdays and Mothers Day. Food is good and generous portions. Recommended for intimate dinners or their back room for larger group gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't honor commitment to Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The restaurant did not honor it's participation in Hudson Valley's restaurant week. We spoke to the manager who said he made the change the day before because tonight was "Disco Night." Really! If a restaurant is going to participate it should honor its commitment for the full period. Many Diners make revervations well in advance. I think the organizers of Hudson Valley Restaurant Week should not allow Traditions 118 to participate again. PS. the food was mediocre. Don't order the calamari unless you enjoy chewing on rubber bands.
- FlawlessPaulDined on 11/6/2014Took my wife here for a 16 year anniversary, The food and the service and the atmosphere was just completely flawless five stars all the way around, I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is seeking A restaurant with fine exquisite food and an amazing staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at TraditionsTeacherDined on 11/5/2014We had been to this restaurant when they first opened & the food was, frankly, bad, so it had been a while before we returned. Service was prompt & all the courses were quite good. It was a little on the noisy side but not unbearable. We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great Local EateryFoodloverVIPDined on 11/4/2014The food was absolutely great. Great imagination by chef in picking out entrees. Would definitely return to try other entrees.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014I've been to traditions before but never booked through OpenTable. I love the food here the portions are plentiful and the food is always really delicious. The chef is very accommodating and the service is super friendly. We were celebrating a birthday and they gave us complementary dessert which was very nice!! It's a very comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, never feeling rushed. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/27/2014everything was wonderful..service.......food.........would recommend........would go backSpecial Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Traditions 118 reviews archive.
- Traditions 118OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Traditions 118 is always a treat to visit. Eclectic menu gets refreshed periodically. The food is consistently of high quality. Never, ever, been disappointed.Special Features:
- Food OK. Service Bad. Overpriced.BuckeyeFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Made a reservation with OT. When we arrived the Hostess was MIA. Waited 5 minutes for her to show up. We waited another 10 minutes for a table. The waiter who served us was basically MIA for our entire meal. The service was slow. We got the wedge salad ($12). Small. Overpriced. Had way too much dressing. After finishing our salad, waited another 20 minutes for our entrees to come out (waiter still MIA). We both got the Filet & our son got a bowl of pasta. While the steaks were cooked OK & the sides OK...the whole dish lacked seasoning. The pasta our son got was a good size, the past was cooked well. He ate the whole thing. Overpriced @ $10. Getting the check was another slow process. Hostess had to get it for us. Won't go back there again.
- Great food terrible serviceSummerdinerDined on 7/1/2014We had a great meal at Traditions, but the service was awful. The waitress forgot to tell us the specials (we heard them being given by another waitress after we ordered), and in a nearly empty restaurant, had to wait a half hour for refills on our beverages, and for the check. We decided to skip coffee and dessert because we thought it would take another hour. Great food, but we won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 6Tbones1Dined on 6/29/2014Decor and layout average at best Food was ok - no side salad with dinners?? Portion size on small end of scale Appetizers were better than main course.
- Middle of the Road WestchesterDaveVIPDined on 6/21/2014Visited Traditions for the first time on Sat. night, and was not terribly impressed with the food. The selection was fine, although my wife ordered the special fish, which came out dry and a bit (not a lot) odorous. The salad was fine and my burger excellent, however wine by glass selections were quite limited, certainly not commensurate with the pricing of the food. We had great service, and the house sent over some terrific zeppoles to go with my coffee, which was a nice touch. Very nice and accomodating, hope the food gets a bit better, and wine selections more interesting.Special Features:
- Hammer99Dined on 6/5/2014All around great experience when we dined here. The food was delicious, the employees were all very kind and professional, and the dining room gave us a nice warm welcoming feeling. Can't wait to go back and try more things on the menu!Special Features: