Trader Vic's - Emeryville
9 Anchor Drive
Emeryville, CA 94608Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Trader Vic's - Emeryville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tradervicsemeryville.com/
- Phone: 5106533400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Last Seating 2:15pm, Last Food order 2:30pm)
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Last Seating 9:45pm & last food order 10:00pm) Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Last seating 10:15pm, last food order 10:30pm)
Sunday: 4:30pm-9:30pm (Last seating 9:15pm, last food order 9:30pm
Bar & Lounge Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Friday Bar Menu available from 2:30pm
11:30am-11:00pm (Last order 10:45pm)
Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm-11:00pm
HAPPY HOUR Tuesday - Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mr. Menehune
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Outside catering accepted upon request. Please contact our banquet department at 510-653-3400.
A word from Trader Vic's - Emeryville
Trader Vic's is “Home of the Original Mai Tai” overlooking the Emeryville Marina with stunning bay view. Enjoy two daily Happy Hours in our newly renovated bar & lounge: Tues-Fri 4pm to 6pm and from 9pm till 11pm - select food and drink items are half off during these times. Our lounge menu offers a wide selection of creative small plates, best enjoyed with our well known and unique selection of cocktails. Set on the bay, our remolded dining room offers a blend of traditional Trader Vic’s menu items and globally inspired cuisine. Signature dishes are prepared in our unique wood fired ovens. We offer four private rooms for any occasion accommodating 10 to 250 guests. There is always something new at Trader Vic’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Trader Vic's - Emeryville - Best Restaurants in Emeryville ›
Trader Vic's - Emeryville reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)special occasion (47)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (25)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Daily Special was EXCELLENT!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014I think it was the BEST steak sandwich I have ever had! ..... but I wanted Lamb Curry.Special Features:
- A fun place for a meal with a viewSerendipityUppityDined on 10/16/2014Had lunch here with my husband and friend. Service was attentive and swift. My friend's meal was different from what she ordered, but she liked what she saw and ate it anyway! Menu items are mostly with a Polynesian flair. Parking is valet-only (free) but be prepared with a few dollars to tip.Special Features:
- Trader Vic'sLdOrindaDined on 10/15/2014A beautiful restaurant on the water, a great place to go for a special lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTrylunch9Dined on 10/14/2014Could not enjoy happy hour at our table - it was an empty dining room and we were celebrating a special occasion - we were told we would have to go to the bar-a very noisy area. If you go - you'll go only once, not twice, overrated because its by the water.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedricky3VIPDined on 10/2/2014We invited our older neighbor to go out with us after we discussed old-time restaurants with her. She enthusiastically agreed to exploring Trader Vic's. Little did we know that she had been a regular here and in other Vic locations. In fact, both of her children had their wedding receptions here. We were greeted warmly and taken to a table by the window. Of course, the view was amazing. My husband and I didn't have very high expectations for the food, but it was very well prepared. My salmon was expertly cooked, and my husband polished off his filet steak in short order. Our neighbor was pleased with her roast chicken and took home at least half of it to have the next day. She beamed throughout the evening at our obvious enjoyment.Special Features:
- Old time Polynesia!TikisanfordDined on 9/28/2014If you long for the good old days of Polynesian themed restaurants/bars - this is THE place! The food is good and the drinks very well made. This is not the 80's cheap coconut shrimp and slurpy machine mai-tai place. Don you best Hawaiian attire, bring some money (fresh ingredients are not cheap) and come enjoy tasty food, cocktails made with real fruit juices and strong rum, along with a beautiful waterfront view of the Emeryville Marina and San Francisco in the background.Special Features:
- thank youLaraDined on 9/21/2014Hi there we spent a wonderful evening at your nice restaurant. Visiting from switzerland, we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversery,enjoing the very good food and the beautiful place. We used to live in the bay area and actually we met us here. So somehow,S.F. and the bay area is our 2nd home. We also know the Trader vic's in Abu Dhabi and Munich - but we love your place the most. Who knows, maybe we come back another year.... Thanks again and all the best for the future to all of you. kind regards Lumir and Verena our waitress was very sweet and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLuv2dine2Dined on 9/16/2014Dinner at Trader Vic's is always a treat in our family and a go to spot for decades worth of birthday celebrations. The upgraded decor, menu and local marketing efforts have paid off. The dining room and bar were packed early on a Tuesday evening, the service great as usual as was all the food and drinks. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trader Vic's - classicKathyDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to Trader Vics for the past 40 years. The service is always awesome, the fool great but the main thing about it is that it is an icon. I have been to the one in San Francisco, Honolulu, Scottsdale and the Emeryville location as well. It is like eating in the Tiki Room at Disneyland. Special shout out to Lannae hugs girl! :)Special Features:
- KungalooshKungalooshDined on 9/5/2014For anyone who was once a regular at the Adventurers Club, this is definitely a place you don't want to miss. Arguably the most famous Tiki Bar in the world, and for good reasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itHubrisDined on 8/31/2014Been here twice now and it's one of my favorite places. The food is excellent!Special Features:
- Great again!JodyDined on 8/27/2014Been a while since last visit. Appreciate the chsnge if menu. Many more choices of things I like. Onw if the best views in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but service was awfulSfdahliagirlDined on 8/26/2014I always love coming here. They have the best MaiTai on earth. The original 1944 MaiTai and a nice MahiMahi I all a girl needs to be happy. However, this time my pleasure was dampened by the server. The most nonattentive and absent server I've ever encountered. He made so many rookie mistakes to mention. I will go back for sure because the food is amazing but I will ask for a different server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicenumber1foodyDined on 8/26/2014From the valet to the server, the service was great. Went with an old friend, so much fun going back in timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent meal & service!khugDined on 8/22/2014We celebrate our birthdays and special times at Trader Vic's - we love the food and their service is always excellent! Our last dinner was so delicious and our server is especially kind and professional. Save us another table soon! Mahalo!Special Features:
- What happened to Trader Vic's?RegularDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was greasy. Where is the wonderful cuisine of the old Trader Vic's? Problem is in the kitchen. Staff needs a little more hustle in tending to tables.
- Memorable time8outmoreVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great staff, drinks, wood oven eats = memorable time Drinking the whole cocktail menu may take several visits, great meals and cab rides. I’ll be back for the food, drink, view & staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amapDined on 8/10/2014Hostess was very friendly, we asked for window seating and a table was reserved for us, also it was a Birthday Celebration so our guest received a free dessert and a song which was unexpected, but quite nice. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!enjoyeatingoutDined on 8/9/2014Food, service & ambience were fantastic. Our dining experience could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014There's been a significant drop in food quality compared to the Trader Vic's of old. If you're looking for Outback-quality food at exorbitant prices in a nice setting, this is your place.
- Trader Vicsbillythekid227Dined on 8/2/2014We made reservations but were seated in the bar area. It was cold and noisy. I ordered a 9 dollar Cesar salad and it was the worst salad I have ever gotten at any restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Trader VicsPDykesDined on 8/2/2014My son, daughter in law and I went to dinner for her birthday. It was delicious!! The whole experience was wonderful. Perfect table, wonderful service and amazing food!Special Features:
- Pleasurable Dining ExperienceJADEDined on 8/1/2014Dining at Trader Vic's was a very pleasurable dinner experience. The views of the San Francisco Bay and marina were beautiful. The food was very carefully prepared with attention to detail. The service was extraordinary in that every one involved made us feel "very well taken care of". The tastes of the food were delicious; everything was prepared with great expertlse. We look forward to our next visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable at Trader VicJefeDined on 7/31/2014You gotta love the "Tiki" theme, the harbor views, the MaiTais, and Fogcutters and Hot Buttered Rum. The noise level is light (but still alive) so you can have a real conversation. The Asian-fusion menu is tasty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but food was inconsistent.YummyDined on 7/26/2014We went to trader VICS this weekend for the first time in many years. There was four of us. The service was very good. Our experience was the food was something different. My husband and my friend both got the fish and thought it was wonderful. All the others got the beef and reef which was wonderful. We also got the dock and that was very very dry. For for dessert we got the chocolates for Fondue type cake. It also was very very dry. So much so the chocolate didn't even come out of the cake. We would still go back and try it again. We would just avoid the duck and the dessert.
- Outstanding Dinner !!!!EricksonDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating my Mom's and had just an outstanding evening. My Mom had the Salmon and it was just great. My wife had Reef and Beef which was cooked to perfection. My daughter had the Filet from the wood oven which was cooked to perfection. I had the Mahi-Mahi which was just awesome. It was great service and just an awesome night.Special Features:
- Nice dinner by the BayPappajackDined on 7/26/2014The setting is quite pleasant and the noise level down, so it was a nice dinner. The menu was a little short from what we remember couple years ago, but the food was good and the price reasonable. It's a beautiful setting being right off the water.Special Features:
- Too much saltyZiggyDined on 7/20/2014We all know Trader Vic's is pricey but I expected more out of the food.When my Asian wife who was raised on high sodium food complains the foods too salty then it is.I think you can get better Tiki food somewhere else.Save going to trader Vic's for the ambiance while you go have a rum drinkSpecial Features:
- Fun PlaceDebbie94597Dined on 7/20/2014I haven't been here in 36 years and it was my 60th birthday so I wanted to go somewhere special. The evening was wonderful and the plae is still as fun as before. I will come back sooner than 36 years this time.Special Features:
- GreatnessdogonfrDined on 7/10/2014You pull up to find covered valet parking by very upbeat people. Door opened by a wonderful young lady, greeted next by the smiling reception desk. It appeared by the expression when I gave my name and time of reservation it wasn't there so without hesitation one lady gets menus and says please fallow me which table would you like giving us two options, and we are seated. The waitress are cheerful and enjoy talking about food, beverages and just about anything you want to talk about. The coconut peanut butter spread instead of butter is a nice very tasty change from the norm. The food is amazingly presented and the flavors are off the hook Awesome. Upon leaving we were greeted by the manager who toured us through the history of pictures.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceRayWDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I went to Trader Vics for one of our "date nights". We had drinks in the bar before going to the dining area. The bar staff and dining room staff were friendly, attentive and efficient. The view of the marina was pleasant and relaxing. The drinks were tasty and attractive. The meal was delicious, well presented and in an adequate serving. My steak was exactly as I ordered and very tender. It was interesting to watch the chef's "fishing" hot food from the their unique oven. The cost was not unbearable. It is a place that I would happily recomend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanusiaDined on 6/28/2014Always great food and wonderful service. Great view lovely location a place that one returns to over and over again.Special Features:
- margieVIPDined on 6/26/2014i can remember this restaurant from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It just isn't the same. Too bad, lots of good memories.Special Features:
- The following 692 reviews are from the Trader Vic's - Emeryville reviews archive.
- Always great!KaliDined on 6/21/2014Excellent service and wonderful food in historic ambience. Always perfect! Thanks for another great birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItTahoeLocalDined on 6/19/2014Trader Vic's has been one of my favorites for 50 years. The food isn't spectacular, but it's very good. Considering the whole package... food, service, ambiance, view, atmosphere... it's a sure fire winner!Special Features:
- Pleasantries all aroundbirthdaymemoriesDined on 6/15/2014Our visit to Trader Vic's was a memorable one and we will be back. We were there to celebrate our 73rd Birthday and it was worth it!! We had a party of 5 and enjoyed the restaurant very much. It certainly met our expectations!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Love this restaurant and will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a class actmtgalDined on 6/14/2014The modern buzzword is "sustainability". To see a practical application of that word, look no farther than Trader Vics, who, after all these years, manages to produce gourmet meals delivered with excellent service at reasonable prices night after night. Whether you're craving some very good food, or looking for a special place to celebrate, Trader Vics will meet your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an old standard revistedsnowboardingrandmaDined on 6/13/2014This place has been there for ages, and it hasn't changed. That can be good or bad. The food is better, I think, and less "ethnic". The service was impeccable. The Mai Tai is dynamite. The steak dishes were good size, but I was disappointed in the salad. Too much money for a salad that I could make and serve at home. Nothing special. I also did not like the fact that there is ONLY valet parking. You do not have the option to self-park in their parking lot.Special Features:
- just a night with my lovedancrboyDined on 6/13/2014I looked for a pkace to dine with my wife. Trader Vics came to the fore front. Reservations were at 5 and we were early. We sat in the bar and enjoyed a drink and crab rangoon. The best I have eaten. The meal came later and was wonderful. Overall it was a gres t experience. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.