Trader Vic's - Emeryville
9 Anchor Drive
Emeryville, CA 94608Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Trader Vic's - Emeryville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tradervicsemeryville.com/
- Phone: 5106533400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Last Seating 2:15pm, Last Food order 2:30pm)
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Last Seating 9:45pm & last food order 10:00pm) Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Last seating 10:15pm, last food order 10:30pm)
Sunday: 4:30pm-9:30pm (Last seating 9:15pm, last food order 9:30pm
Bar & Lounge Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Friday Bar Menu available from 2:30pm
11:30am-11:00pm (Last order 10:45pm)
Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm-11:00pm
HAPPY HOUR Tuesday - Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mr. Menehune
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Outside catering accepted upon request. Please contact our banquet department at 510-653-3400.
A word from Trader Vic's - Emeryville
Trader Vic's is “Home of the Original Mai Tai” overlooking the Emeryville Marina with stunning bay view. Enjoy two daily Happy Hours in our newly renovated bar & lounge: Tues-Fri 4pm to 6pm and from 9pm till 11pm - select food and drink items are half off during these times. Our lounge menu offers a wide selection of creative small plates, best enjoyed with our well known and unique selection of cocktails. Set on the bay, our remolded dining room offers a blend of traditional Trader Vic’s menu items and globally inspired cuisine. Signature dishes are prepared in our unique wood fired ovens. We offer four private rooms for any occasion accommodating 10 to 250 guests. There is always something new at Trader Vic’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Trader Vic's - Emeryville - Best Restaurants in Emeryville ›
Trader Vic's - Emeryville reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)special occasion (49)romantic (30)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Food but service was awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014I always love coming here. They have the best MaiTai on earth. The original 1944 MaiTai and a nice MahiMahi I all a girl needs to be happy. However, this time my pleasure was dampened by the server. The most nonattentive and absent server I've ever encountered. He made so many rookie mistakes to mention. I will go back for sure because the food is amazing but I will ask for a different server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent meal & service!khugDined on 8/22/2014We celebrate our birthdays and special times at Trader Vic's - we love the food and their service is always excellent! Our last dinner was so delicious and our server is especially kind and professional. Save us another table soon! Mahalo!Special Features:
- What happened to Trader Vic's?RegularDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was greasy. Where is the wonderful cuisine of the old Trader Vic's? Problem is in the kitchen. Staff needs a little more hustle in tending to tables.
- Memorable timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Great staff, drinks, wood oven eats = memorable time Drinking the whole cocktail menu may take several visits, great meals and cab rides. I’ll be back for the food, drink, view & staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amapDined on 8/10/2014Hostess was very friendly, we asked for window seating and a table was reserved for us, also it was a Birthday Celebration so our guest received a free dessert and a song which was unexpected, but quite nice. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!enjoyeatingoutDined on 8/9/2014Food, service & ambience were fantastic. Our dining experience could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014There's been a significant drop in food quality compared to the Trader Vic's of old. If you're looking for Outback-quality food at exorbitant prices in a nice setting, this is your place.
- Trader Vicsbillythekid227Dined on 8/2/2014We made reservations but were seated in the bar area. It was cold and noisy. I ordered a 9 dollar Cesar salad and it was the worst salad I have ever gotten at any restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Trader VicsPDykesDined on 8/2/2014My son, daughter in law and I went to dinner for her birthday. It was delicious!! The whole experience was wonderful. Perfect table, wonderful service and amazing food!Special Features:
- Pleasurable Dining ExperienceJADEDined on 8/1/2014Dining at Trader Vic's was a very pleasurable dinner experience. The views of the San Francisco Bay and marina were beautiful. The food was very carefully prepared with attention to detail. The service was extraordinary in that every one involved made us feel "very well taken care of". The tastes of the food were delicious; everything was prepared with great expertlse. We look forward to our next visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable at Trader VicJefeDined on 7/31/2014You gotta love the "Tiki" theme, the harbor views, the MaiTais, and Fogcutters and Hot Buttered Rum. The noise level is light (but still alive) so you can have a real conversation. The Asian-fusion menu is tasty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but food was inconsistent.YummyDined on 7/26/2014We went to trader VICS this weekend for the first time in many years. There was four of us. The service was very good. Our experience was the food was something different. My husband and my friend both got the fish and thought it was wonderful. All the others got the beef and reef which was wonderful. We also got the dock and that was very very dry. For for dessert we got the chocolates for Fondue type cake. It also was very very dry. So much so the chocolate didn't even come out of the cake. We would still go back and try it again. We would just avoid the duck and the dessert.
- Outstanding Dinner !!!!EricksonDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating my Mom's and had just an outstanding evening. My Mom had the Salmon and it was just great. My wife had Reef and Beef which was cooked to perfection. My daughter had the Filet from the wood oven which was cooked to perfection. I had the Mahi-Mahi which was just awesome. It was great service and just an awesome night.Special Features:
- Nice dinner by the BayPappajackDined on 7/26/2014The setting is quite pleasant and the noise level down, so it was a nice dinner. The menu was a little short from what we remember couple years ago, but the food was good and the price reasonable. It's a beautiful setting being right off the water.Special Features:
- Too much saltyZiggyDined on 7/20/2014We all know Trader Vic's is pricey but I expected more out of the food.When my Asian wife who was raised on high sodium food complains the foods too salty then it is.I think you can get better Tiki food somewhere else.Save going to trader Vic's for the ambiance while you go have a rum drinkSpecial Features:
- Fun PlaceDebbie94597Dined on 7/20/2014I haven't been here in 36 years and it was my 60th birthday so I wanted to go somewhere special. The evening was wonderful and the plae is still as fun as before. I will come back sooner than 36 years this time.Special Features:
- GreatnessdogonfrDined on 7/10/2014You pull up to find covered valet parking by very upbeat people. Door opened by a wonderful young lady, greeted next by the smiling reception desk. It appeared by the expression when I gave my name and time of reservation it wasn't there so without hesitation one lady gets menus and says please fallow me which table would you like giving us two options, and we are seated. The waitress are cheerful and enjoy talking about food, beverages and just about anything you want to talk about. The coconut peanut butter spread instead of butter is a nice very tasty change from the norm. The food is amazingly presented and the flavors are off the hook Awesome. Upon leaving we were greeted by the manager who toured us through the history of pictures.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceRayWDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I went to Trader Vics for one of our "date nights". We had drinks in the bar before going to the dining area. The bar staff and dining room staff were friendly, attentive and efficient. The view of the marina was pleasant and relaxing. The drinks were tasty and attractive. The meal was delicious, well presented and in an adequate serving. My steak was exactly as I ordered and very tender. It was interesting to watch the chef's "fishing" hot food from the their unique oven. The cost was not unbearable. It is a place that I would happily recomend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanusiaDined on 6/28/2014Always great food and wonderful service. Great view lovely location a place that one returns to over and over again.Special Features:
- margieDined on 6/26/2014i can remember this restaurant from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It just isn't the same. Too bad, lots of good memories.Special Features:
- Always great!KaliDined on 6/21/2014Excellent service and wonderful food in historic ambience. Always perfect! Thanks for another great birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItTahoeLocalDined on 6/19/2014Trader Vic's has been one of my favorites for 50 years. The food isn't spectacular, but it's very good. Considering the whole package... food, service, ambiance, view, atmosphere... it's a sure fire winner!Special Features:
- Pleasantries all aroundbirthdaymemoriesDined on 6/15/2014Our visit to Trader Vic's was a memorable one and we will be back. We were there to celebrate our 73rd Birthday and it was worth it!! We had a party of 5 and enjoyed the restaurant very much. It certainly met our expectations!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Love this restaurant and will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a class actmtgalDined on 6/14/2014The modern buzzword is "sustainability". To see a practical application of that word, look no farther than Trader Vics, who, after all these years, manages to produce gourmet meals delivered with excellent service at reasonable prices night after night. Whether you're craving some very good food, or looking for a special place to celebrate, Trader Vics will meet your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an old standard revistedsnowboardingrandmaDined on 6/13/2014This place has been there for ages, and it hasn't changed. That can be good or bad. The food is better, I think, and less "ethnic". The service was impeccable. The Mai Tai is dynamite. The steak dishes were good size, but I was disappointed in the salad. Too much money for a salad that I could make and serve at home. Nothing special. I also did not like the fact that there is ONLY valet parking. You do not have the option to self-park in their parking lot.Special Features:
- just a night with my lovedancrboyDined on 6/13/2014I looked for a pkace to dine with my wife. Trader Vics came to the fore front. Reservations were at 5 and we were early. We sat in the bar and enjoyed a drink and crab rangoon. The best I have eaten. The meal came later and was wonderful. Overall it was a gres t experience. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David MartinSadToReportThisReviewVIPDined on 6/8/2014Poor food and service. Not the a Trader Vic's I use to know and love.
- another great meal at TVsKeithHVIPDined on 5/29/2014I wanted to say we had another fabulous dinner. Food was great but the service this time around was wonderfully memorable. Thx to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2014This is a great place for ambiance and good food. The service on this visit was GREAT and the food was pretty good too!Special Features:
- Poor food qualityCubsmomDined on 5/27/2014We were really excited about going to Trader Vic's. I had been to another one many years ago, and it was one of my all time favorite places. I was really looking forward to it. The service was impeccable, the ambiance was the best, right on the water, couldn't be better. However, the food was really bad. My husband had the fish and chips and it was a puddle of grease, unedible! The Trader Vic's coleslaw was extremely spicy and couldn't be eaten, the TV's fried rice was greasy... The drinks were great, the bongo bongo soup my favorite. However, that's about all I can say about the food experience. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- Fun experienceRandomAddrDined on 5/23/2014Great views of the bay, very tasty food, amazing decor, and tasty cocktails!Special Features:
- What Happened?BoomerVIPDined on 5/18/2014We enjoy Trader Vic's.... we had reservations and when we got there we were seated in the bar. I would have liked a "only bar tables available" when I booked. We sat at 7:00 had a cocktail and ordered.... our food came at 8:45.... did the kitchen staff take a break? Was hard to find our waiter.... food was good and we were with patient people so we still had a great time !!
- Date Nightluv2eatDined on 5/16/2014Great place for a date night. My boyfriend and I went on Friday night. We came early and was seated before our reservation time. We enjoyed our meal and drinks very much. Would definitely recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent view, interesting foodDivingDancerDined on 5/14/2014This is an amazing place to enjoy some interesting cocktails, and a very diverse menu. And the view of the water, especially at sunset, is unbelievable. The lounge, especially when there are live bands, is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Trader Vic's for Mother's Day; the staff was friendly and our service was good. However, we had no idea that we would be forced into a buffet brunch by attending; had we known this, we would have gone somewhere else. The food was o.k. but certainly not worth the $50 per person price we were charged. It was, at best, lukewarm, and although the selection was varied, it was difficult for me to find something I really wanted. This was the first time I've ever gone to Trader Vic's and I was thinking, if the experience was a good one, of adding this to the list of my usual haunts. They got my money last Sunday but because of their greed and under performance for the price, they won't be getting any more of it.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchIcee0210Dined on 5/11/2014Food was good but replenishing was slow. No handicap bathroom available ,when asked they pointed a separate bathroom without a handicap sign plus a big sign OUT of ORDER . This was Mother's Day and a lot of women coming including old folks. Big citation for you.Special Features:
- still great drinks. Has slippedKyneVIPDined on 5/10/2014Still a great place - the only 'original' Trader Vics. Maybe it was May where they have a 'special' menu, but the food and drink quality seemed to have slipped a bit, and they were out of 8 (!) items on the menu..... That shouldn't happen at 9pm.Special Features:
- Tiki Good Time!rikitikiDined on 5/10/2014I LOVED the restaurant experience here! I came in with high expectations of authentic Tiki kitsch and boy, did i get it! From the flowers in all the server's hair to the mini outtrigger suspended from the ceiling to the lavish amount of tiki gods used throughout the facility. I ordered the black cod with miso dumplings and it was good, but I regret not ordering from the Chinese style wood smoker. The classic '44 Mai Tai is easily the most delicious cocktail on the menu. Great place for birthdays and gatherings.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningIamRobinDined on 5/10/2014Even though I grew up in the Bay Area, this was my first trip to Trader Vic's. The server was pleasant enough, but did seem to rush us a bit. Nothing terrible, but not great service either. Everything we had was delicious. I especially enjoyed my Mai Tais and the fall-off-the-bone finger-lickn'-good ribs from the pupus section. I also had a Caesar salad, which would have been really nice, but it had tomatoes. There are no tomatoes on a Caesar. My companions especially liked the spinach and oyster soup.Special Features: