Trader Vic's - Emeryville
9 Anchor Drive
Emeryville, CA 94608Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Trader Vic's - Emeryville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tradervicsemeryville.com/
- Phone: (510) 653-3400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Last Seating 2:15pm, Last Food order 2:30pm)
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Last Seating 9:45pm & last food order 10:00pm) Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Last seating 10:15pm, last food order 10:30pm)
Sunday: 4:30pm-9:30pm (Last seating 9:15pm, last food order 9:30pm
Bar & Lounge Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Friday Bar Menu available from 2:30pm
11:30am-11:00pm (Last order 10:45pm)
Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm-11:00pm
HAPPY HOUR Tuesday - Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mr. Menehune
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Outside catering accepted upon request. Please contact our banquet department at 510-653-3400.
A word from Trader Vic's - Emeryville
Trader Vic's is “Home of the Original Mai Tai” overlooking the Emeryville Marina with stunning bay view. Enjoy two daily Happy Hours in our newly renovated bar & lounge: Tues-Fri 4pm to 6pm and from 9pm till 11pm - select food and drink items are half off during these times. Our lounge menu offers a wide selection of creative small plates, best enjoyed with our well known and unique selection of cocktails. Set on the bay, our remolded dining room offers a blend of traditional Trader Vic’s menu items and globally inspired cuisine. Signature dishes are prepared in our unique wood fired ovens. We offer four private rooms for any occasion accommodating 10 to 250 guests. There is always something new at Trader Vic’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Trader Vic's - Emeryville - Best Restaurants in Emeryville ›
Trader Vic's - Emeryville reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)special occasion (54)good for groups (33)romantic (32)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Overall fun place to dine.TapperDined on 11/15/2014The atmosphere and the service, as well as the great drinks and different menu, make this a fun place to dine. We were there to celebrate a birthday, with the famous mai tais.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trader Vic's never fails to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Ever since the remodel of the restaurant, the food is first rate, and the service is absolutely FANTASTIC. I love the decor and the overall vibe. The drinks are also lovely. Also - I recently inquired about holding an event there, and they were very prompt in answering and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious drinks and food, and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014I chose Trader Vic's for my birthday dinner. Our party of six had a wonderful evening. The food was delicious from the appetizers through dessert. We had a variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts, and cocktails. The service was warm and friendly and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceRobertDined on 11/15/2014We have been coming to Trader Vic's for years. Always a great dining experience. I strongly reccomend this Restaurant to anyone that appreciates great food, great location and great service. The unique Asian flair that Trader Vic's uses is like being in the Islands. Also, this is a very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyCoupleattheBarDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant is perfect for the special night out. It is like stepping back in time when restaurants were out to impress you with a total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NorCalDanVIPDined on 11/7/2014Consistently wonderful food & service. A nostalgic trip back in time with wait staff who truly understand the meaning of the word "service." Delightful experience as always.Special Features:
- OutstandingTable4twoDined on 11/2/2014the entire staff was very nice and welcoming. Everyone from the valet tenant to the chef! Outstanding service and the food was absolutely spectacular. Very romantic dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty but very good overallEastBayFoodiesDined on 11/2/2014It was our first time back since the renovation. Overall decor was nice and food was above average. However, my pork chop was very tough and gamey. I don't think the smoke oven is the best treatment for a chop. I informed our server, just as an FYI, and I finished it. She offered a freebie dessert and we had a good rum baba (boozy cake). Ribs were amazing. As for drinks, my grog was tasty but it was mostly ice at $11. My wife's tortuga cocktail was pure melted candy (no menu description and server's description was way off). The wine list has twice as many whites as reds, weird. I really like my glass of Meiomi Pinot Noir. Lastly, I really don't like mandatory valet parking. A guy was trying to catch his rolling truck!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Very unfortunate this one trader vics is about the only traditional one left in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner222Dined on 10/24/2014Great food, fun cocktails and something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGrcernVIPDined on 10/23/2014Had dinner here with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. Absolutely love this restaurant and will definitely keep coming back to try the other food on the menu. Only complaint is that even though I booked it for our anniversary dinner, and placed it on a special request for a table with a view, we did not get to be seated as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch, fine viewLucky92Dined on 10/23/2014The lunch was excellent, companions had the burger & the shrimp fried rice and loved them. I had the moo shu pork, it had a bit too much sodium for my taste. The harbor view is very calming and restful. A fine place for a leisure lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Special was EXCELLENT!CustomerForLifeDined on 10/17/2014I think it was the BEST steak sandwich I have ever had! ..... but I wanted Lamb Curry.Special Features:
- A fun place for a meal with a viewSerendipityUppityDined on 10/16/2014Had lunch here with my husband and friend. Service was attentive and swift. My friend's meal was different from what she ordered, but she liked what she saw and ate it anyway! Menu items are mostly with a Polynesian flair. Parking is valet-only (free) but be prepared with a few dollars to tip.Special Features:
- Trader Vic'sLdOrindaDined on 10/15/2014A beautiful restaurant on the water, a great place to go for a special lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTrylunch9Dined on 10/14/2014Could not enjoy happy hour at our table - it was an empty dining room and we were celebrating a special occasion - we were told we would have to go to the bar-a very noisy area. If you go - you'll go only once, not twice, overrated because its by the water.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedricky3VIPDined on 10/2/2014We invited our older neighbor to go out with us after we discussed old-time restaurants with her. She enthusiastically agreed to exploring Trader Vic's. Little did we know that she had been a regular here and in other Vic locations. In fact, both of her children had their wedding receptions here. We were greeted warmly and taken to a table by the window. Of course, the view was amazing. My husband and I didn't have very high expectations for the food, but it was very well prepared. My salmon was expertly cooked, and my husband polished off his filet steak in short order. Our neighbor was pleased with her roast chicken and took home at least half of it to have the next day. She beamed throughout the evening at our obvious enjoyment.Special Features:
- Old time Polynesia!TikisanfordDined on 9/28/2014If you long for the good old days of Polynesian themed restaurants/bars - this is THE place! The food is good and the drinks very well made. This is not the 80's cheap coconut shrimp and slurpy machine mai-tai place. Don you best Hawaiian attire, bring some money (fresh ingredients are not cheap) and come enjoy tasty food, cocktails made with real fruit juices and strong rum, along with a beautiful waterfront view of the Emeryville Marina and San Francisco in the background.Special Features:
- thank youLaraDined on 9/21/2014Hi there we spent a wonderful evening at your nice restaurant. Visiting from switzerland, we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversery,enjoing the very good food and the beautiful place. We used to live in the bay area and actually we met us here. So somehow,S.F. and the bay area is our 2nd home. We also know the Trader vic's in Abu Dhabi and Munich - but we love your place the most. Who knows, maybe we come back another year.... Thanks again and all the best for the future to all of you. kind regards Lumir and Verena our waitress was very sweet and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLuv2dine2Dined on 9/16/2014Dinner at Trader Vic's is always a treat in our family and a go to spot for decades worth of birthday celebrations. The upgraded decor, menu and local marketing efforts have paid off. The dining room and bar were packed early on a Tuesday evening, the service great as usual as was all the food and drinks. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trader Vic's - classicKathyDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to Trader Vics for the past 40 years. The service is always awesome, the fool great but the main thing about it is that it is an icon. I have been to the one in San Francisco, Honolulu, Scottsdale and the Emeryville location as well. It is like eating in the Tiki Room at Disneyland. Special shout out to Lannae hugs girl! :)Special Features:
- KungalooshKungalooshDined on 9/5/2014For anyone who was once a regular at the Adventurers Club, this is definitely a place you don't want to miss. Arguably the most famous Tiki Bar in the world, and for good reasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itHubrisDined on 8/31/2014Been here twice now and it's one of my favorite places. The food is excellent!Special Features:
- Great again!JodyDined on 8/27/2014Been a while since last visit. Appreciate the chsnge if menu. Many more choices of things I like. Onw if the best views in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but service was awfulSfdahliagirlDined on 8/26/2014I always love coming here. They have the best MaiTai on earth. The original 1944 MaiTai and a nice MahiMahi I all a girl needs to be happy. However, this time my pleasure was dampened by the server. The most nonattentive and absent server I've ever encountered. He made so many rookie mistakes to mention. I will go back for sure because the food is amazing but I will ask for a different server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicenumber1foodyDined on 8/26/2014From the valet to the server, the service was great. Went with an old friend, so much fun going back in timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent meal & service!khugDined on 8/22/2014We celebrate our birthdays and special times at Trader Vic's - we love the food and their service is always excellent! Our last dinner was so delicious and our server is especially kind and professional. Save us another table soon! Mahalo!Special Features:
- What happened to Trader Vic's?RegularDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was greasy. Where is the wonderful cuisine of the old Trader Vic's? Problem is in the kitchen. Staff needs a little more hustle in tending to tables.
- Memorable time8outmoreVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great staff, drinks, wood oven eats = memorable time Drinking the whole cocktail menu may take several visits, great meals and cab rides. I’ll be back for the food, drink, view & staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amapDined on 8/10/2014Hostess was very friendly, we asked for window seating and a table was reserved for us, also it was a Birthday Celebration so our guest received a free dessert and a song which was unexpected, but quite nice. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!enjoyeatingoutDined on 8/9/2014Food, service & ambience were fantastic. Our dining experience could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiancelivetoeatDined on 8/2/2014It was fun and upbeat, great music and great food.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014There's been a significant drop in food quality compared to the Trader Vic's of old. If you're looking for Outback-quality food at exorbitant prices in a nice setting, this is your place.
- Trader Vicsbillythekid227Dined on 8/2/2014We made reservations but were seated in the bar area. It was cold and noisy. I ordered a 9 dollar Cesar salad and it was the worst salad I have ever gotten at any restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Trader VicsPDykesDined on 8/2/2014My son, daughter in law and I went to dinner for her birthday. It was delicious!! The whole experience was wonderful. Perfect table, wonderful service and amazing food!Special Features:
- Pleasurable Dining ExperienceJADEDined on 8/1/2014Dining at Trader Vic's was a very pleasurable dinner experience. The views of the San Francisco Bay and marina were beautiful. The food was very carefully prepared with attention to detail. The service was extraordinary in that every one involved made us feel "very well taken care of". The tastes of the food were delicious; everything was prepared with great expertlse. We look forward to our next visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable at Trader VicJefeDined on 7/31/2014You gotta love the "Tiki" theme, the harbor views, the MaiTais, and Fogcutters and Hot Buttered Rum. The noise level is light (but still alive) so you can have a real conversation. The Asian-fusion menu is tasty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but food was inconsistent.YummyDined on 7/26/2014We went to trader VICS this weekend for the first time in many years. There was four of us. The service was very good. Our experience was the food was something different. My husband and my friend both got the fish and thought it was wonderful. All the others got the beef and reef which was wonderful. We also got the dock and that was very very dry. For for dessert we got the chocolates for Fondue type cake. It also was very very dry. So much so the chocolate didn't even come out of the cake. We would still go back and try it again. We would just avoid the duck and the dessert.
- Outstanding Dinner !!!!EricksonDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating my Mom's and had just an outstanding evening. My Mom had the Salmon and it was just great. My wife had Reef and Beef which was cooked to perfection. My daughter had the Filet from the wood oven which was cooked to perfection. I had the Mahi-Mahi which was just awesome. It was great service and just an awesome night.Special Features:
- Nice dinner by the BayPappajackDined on 7/26/2014The setting is quite pleasant and the noise level down, so it was a nice dinner. The menu was a little short from what we remember couple years ago, but the food was good and the price reasonable. It's a beautiful setting being right off the water.Special Features:
- The following 699 reviews are from the Trader Vic's - Emeryville reviews archive.