255 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tradervicsatl.com/
- Phone: 4042216339
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Cheing Phour
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join Atlanta's only Exoctica Band - Tongo-Hiti every Thursday as we celebrate Mai Tai Thursdays. Mai Tai's priced at $6 all night.
A word from Trader Vic's
Trader Vic's is a Polynesian theme restaurant with exotic drink flavors served from the Mai Tai Lounge. The cuisine features fantastic fare from Singapore, Samoa, Shanghai & points west. Reflecting cuisines from around the world, Trader Vic's offers continental dishes, smoked-oven-roasted specialty meats & fish in the "Roti" tradition (never exposed to open flame) from Chinese wood-fired ovens plus classic wok presentations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trader Vic's reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (29)romantic (17)fit for foodies (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- 16 August 2014MrCouperDined on 8/16/2014This is a really unique restaurant. Try one of the wood fired menu items. The Scallops and Pork were both amazing. They have a fun cocktail menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favoriteTraderVicDined on 8/1/2014We've been going to Trader Vic's for 20 years. The ambience is great, the drinks are fantastic. The menu has changed since we were there last. Menu is more simplified. But, some of my favorites are no longer on the menu (Bongo Bongo Soup). More of a South Asian fare now than a Southeast Asian like it used to be. Still good, though.Special Features:
- Tasty but priceyThfjustinDined on 7/26/2014Food was delicious. Could not have asked for better. A little expensive though and rather small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat theme, but underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2014Dined on a Wednesday night, and the place was about empty. To start, after waiting by an empty host stand for a while, we had to wander past the host stand to the bar to let the staff know that we were waiting to be greeted and seated. There were a handful of other parties in the restaurant, but our party of 4 was seated in a back room that had no one else seated (and at least 20 empty tables in the room). This empty room was uncomfortably quiet (not at all the experience we were expecting of a tiki bar), and at times we could go a while without seeing a staff member - which made it a challenge to order. A good option for those who like tropical / fruity drinks, but I'd recommend going on a weekend when perhaps it's less empty.
- Once a YearLovetoeatDined on 7/12/2014As always Trader Vic's was a pleasure to visit. They have changed the menu however and unless you are ready to spend a fortune, you need to stick with the appetizers. We had the variety appetizer and an egg roll and called that our dinner. The drinks are wonderful and they are not stingy with the alcohol. I have three teenage boys and would consider bringing them only for a special birthday as they would order appetizers, dinner entre and dessert. Although the menu is much easier to read, I would still like to have seen a few dinners less than $25.00. Will plan to return again next year knowing that it is appetizers for me!Special Features:
- get your Tiki on!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Love Trader Vic's. Drinks and atmosphere always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun decor, food not very goodKentDined on 7/10/2014The food was BAD! and the management had attitude. The serving staff was okSpecial Features:
- So-sojackieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Trader Vic's was open for food early evening July 4 so they get points for that. Drinks were small (seriously, a cocktail of 4 oz?), food not horrendously overpriced considering attachment to a downtown conference-heavy hotel. Nothing special tho. Morel dish tasty but tiny, Asian slaw best part of crab cake dish, spare ribs dry and lacking flavour, asparagus nicely done. Very limited options for vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free diets. I feel for the wait staff in their seriously outdated costumes... #fashionfail right there. It felt jaded overall - fixtures, fashions and food. I wouldn't eat there again...
- Gemdrc82Dined on 6/18/2014A hidden gem in the Hilton. Cozy bar and good food.Special Features:
- Meh.Speedracer2099Dined on 6/14/2014For the money I expected more. Ordered the Steak and it was not good. Only good thing was the tropical drinks.
- Sure, why not?OriginalRobboDined on 6/7/2014Skates successfully along the border of kitsch. Drinks taken very seriously, food very well prepared, service quite professional. Looks like an easy place to make fun of, but when we stood up... turns out we'd had a very nice meal. The food came first, not the marketing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal!SatisfiedsammyDined on 6/7/2014I wasn't expecting anything other than a themed tourist trap Trader Vic's is my husbands favorite restaraunt but it was my first trip the food, drinks and service were excellent and the Polynesian decor makes you feel like you are somewhere tropical instead of in downtown Atlanta. The filet mignon was probably the best I have every eaten! The General Manager Jason was super nice and gave me an awesome tiki mug to surprise my husband. I will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Very FriendlyJillGDined on 6/4/2014The staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a drink at the bar (extensive drink list) and the bartender helped us select a drink. The wait staff helped us figure out what to order and the food was very good. Would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Pricey!!TrustDined on 5/30/2014This place has the best appetizers and for a reasonable price but the entree's are way too expensive and just ok nothing like the price makes it seem. Also for a Friday night it was a very dead scene. I would not recommend this place if you are from out of town looking to party or mingle.
- A Lively Thurs Spot in D/T AtlantaHunger4TheCupVIPDined on 5/29/2014As much as the downtown Atlanta scene is pretty barren, this place is great on Thursday nights as the live bands add a nice touch. This Trader Vic's is not unlike many of the others in the country, aside from perhaps being smaller (although I didn't see the entire place, so I may have missed something), but it's a great departure from the typical Atlanta environment...and there's always their epic list of elaborate drinks to try out. Sad it took me this long to realize there was a Trader Vic's in town...but yay for OpenTable.Special Features:
- it's about the drinksghastyDined on 5/29/2014Yes, it's about the drinks at Trader Vic's...nice big drinks! Food is pretty good with limited selection but service is usually very slow...but more time to have another drink I guessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PaulaDined on 5/23/2014The food was amazing! We tried several things but the filet and the wok spinach were my favorites. The bananas foster was good too. The service was outstanding. We will definitely go back when in the area. Not fond of the Atlanta Hilton but will go back for this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeNnh1213Dined on 5/9/2014We celebrated Mother's Day a bit early this year. We had dinner on Friday night, May 9th. The restaurant did not disappoint as usual when it came to the drinks, they have just enough kick but taste great! The food was tasty but service was so slow!! Also didn't appreciate having to pay $18 for valet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014World's best rum cocktails - don't go if you don't like rumSpecial Features:
- First time heredanaDined on 5/1/2014Great ambience, great service, great food and a great band too. Thanks for a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Trader Vic's a GemLakeCookDined on 4/29/2014Great food, one of a kind. If you've not very been, you must go.Special Features:
- Awesome times, always!RayrayVIPDined on 4/22/2014This place is the best restaurant in downtown Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 421 reviews are from the Trader Vic's reviews archive.
- LOVE Trader Vic's!!!!!Nicky921Dined on 4/17/2014We chose TV's for a coworker's birthday celebration because he had never been and he had just moved to the area. We had a fantastic time! The Mai Tais were AMAZING as always, the food was awesone and the bananas foster was phenomenal. I love it that they make it right at your table!Special Features:
- WeekendAtlantaon11Dined on 4/5/2014Food was overpriced and not that good! Didn't have full menu that was listed on the website.
- Love Trader Vic's!diner24Dined on 4/4/2014Awesome place! Love their Mai Tais and the ambience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- S-l-o-w Saturday Night ServiceJonnieJettDined on 3/29/2014Large drink listing of clever-named, Polynesian-themed drinks. Food is just average......but it is way overpriced for what you get. The service was really, really slow. We had a party of 10, for a birthday celebration. The restaurant was not even half full, and not bustling by any means. It took about 30-40 minutes for us to get our drinks.
- Great as alwaysMPOTVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great food. Wonderful drinks. Great service. If you go, ask for Linda. She is a wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered a martini that wasVisatlanta5Dined on 3/26/2014I ordered a martini that was not dirty as I had asked and was not a full serving. I ordered a vodka tonic to have with dinner. The drink came before dinner, as it took 20 minutes to get scallops over noodles( all quick cooking items). The resturant also had a sting smoke smell, from the cooking feature, but it was too overwhelming and distracted from the experience. I was charged for top shelf liquors, which I KNOW I did not have- if you drink matinis you know your liquor. I put myself through college and grad school waiting- this is an old trick some waiters use to pad the bill. One I never used - I found and still do see it- as underhanded and sneaky. The dining experience ruined what had been a very relaxing pleasant day.
- Always EnjoyableDaveDined on 3/22/2014I'm a semi-regular to Vic's, dropping in just about every time I'm in Atlanta for work or pleasure. I keep coming back for the simple reason that the food, drinks, service and ambiance our all outstanding. I also like what a unique dining experience it is - the first class bar with incredible drink menu, the Chinese Ovens, the tiki decor. There are few restaurants anywhere that can match the vibe here. It is first class all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it, sorry to sayatlantafamilydineDined on 3/21/2014Family trip to Atlanta and wanted to try a fun restaurant. Not only was this very hard to find (once we entered the Hilton). Bell stand staff literally invited us to walk through the luggage storage to get to the right staircase. But...the kids menu was full of fancy $12 and more entrees. My Mai Tai was not good (sent it back) it was smokey and the whole interior just needs a major update. Truly, a big over haul of the menu (nothing special, Kung Pao Chicken etc.) and an over haul of the interior - could do wonders for this restaurant. I would recommend going somewhere else for the price, sorry to say.
- Great change of paceaodsifunDined on 3/8/2014This is a great restaurant. I was there fairly early on a Saturday evening and it wasn't busy at all. The food and drinks were great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Got better service at McDonaldsJVELDined on 3/7/2014Poor hosting, and we had a reservation. The manager led us to our table, made us wait behind him, like he forgot he was seating us, as he chats to other customers. Basically got pointed to sit at our table. No one came to bring us water or bread or ask for our drinks. The waitress takes our drink, appetizer, entree order at the same time. It took at least another 20 minutes to get our $10 drinks while we still didn't have water or bread. Another 30 minutes to get our appetizer which was cold. The entree came and the food was nothing special. We expected more for the price level of the menu. No one came to check how our meal was the entire time. For 2 drinks, an appetizer and 2 entrees and almost $100 bill I would go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Would love to go back soon!KaitiDined on 3/7/2014This particular evening, it was me and my boyfriend, and I was very excited to eat here for a couple reasons. We were seated as soon as we walked in the door, and led to a very quiet back corner of the restaurant. On the way to the back, we were led past the traditional Chinese "ovens" where they would be cooking our food- really cool to see! We just split a couple of appetizers- the calamari and the Tidbits for Two. My favorite was the crispy prawns! We each had a drink as well. I had a Blue Hawaiian and my boyfriend had a Munich Sour. Then we "shared" a Mai Tai. It was quite strong! Our waiter Borgi was great, and made sure we had everything we wanted. I would definitely go back, but I would request a table in the front room!Special Features:
- Trader Vic's ExperienceMark30303Dined on 3/1/2014I've always heard about Trader Vic's as an exclusive restaurant for special occasions. Although I'd never been there I took my wife there for her birthday and found it was a great surprise. People were friendly and showed concern for our needs. The food was much better then I expected. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014The food here is awesome! !! The drinks, OMG!!!! The drinks and food were amazing I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I recommend the Atlantic Salmon its really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceMunchkinDined on 2/14/2014My experience here was very good. It was not my first time there and I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ambience!BauziDined on 2/14/2014We had our second visit and were pleased to find a place on short notice at Valentine. Food was good both times, fairly hot though, but I like it. Service is okay but not extra friendly. The location's ambience is outstanding and really what I would call theme hospitality! The downside is the air - you feel like sitting in a smoke-box and smell likewise when you leave. But if you are conscious of that - it is a great place to go.Special Features:
- Needs WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have been several times to different locations and have had great experiences. This time was not impressive. The service was fine, though they seemed a bit understaffed and as if they had other things on their mind. The food was too sweet and too salty. I had the hanger steak special, which is my favorite cut of beef, but the meat was taken over by too much sauce that seemed to have been reduced to nearly syrup. I would have preferred a light dusting of salt and pepper and more vegetables. I would have been happy to have had 1/2 as much meat for $4 or $5 less. The temperature was too warm and the dining room was filled with smoke from the grill. I know it's a special oven but a little more hood fan would have been niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks for last fifty yearsHenryDined on 2/14/2014Being a senior citizen, I now know why I don't go to the heart of the city anymore, but being a patron of Trader Vic's for close to fifty years, I know a fun spot with great drinks and excellent food when I experience it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Polynesian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We went to Trader Vics for Valentine's Day and what a treat. I had forgotten how great their food was. The menu is small but excellent. We had the PuPu platter, soup, salad, Angus Beef and Bananas Foster. All was wonderful. The steak practically melted in your mouth. And the Bananas Foster were to die for. The best I've ever had. Our waitress was also excellent and attended to every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.