188 14th Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30361Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.traceatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4047242550x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 6am to 11am
Sat & Sun: 7am to 11:30am
Mon-Sun: 11:30am to 2pm
Sun-Thurs: 5pm to 10pm
Fri & Sat: 5pm to 11pm
Sun to Thurs: 11:30am to 10pm
Fri & Sat: 11:30am to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Shean Suter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: To view our monthly promotions, visit us at http://www.traceatlanta.com/ and check out our special menus and events. For private event inquiries for parties of 13 or more please call 404-724-2553 or email us at email@example.com.
- Cross Street: Juniper St NE
- Public Transit: Art Center - MARTA STATION
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is Complimentary for three hours with validation from TRACE for guests dining with us for Breakfast and Dinner. The Valet Stand is located in front of the hotel entrance on the corner of 14th Street and Juniper St at 188 14th St, Atlanta, GA 30361
A word from TRACE
Located in the W Atlanta – Midtown, TRACE Atlanta is a farm-to-table take on the Southern dining experience featuring classic and modern twists on New South favorites. By using “traceable” ingredients from local farms to create these Southern-inspired dishes, the restaurant connects with the immediate community and provides the freshest sourceable fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
TRACE - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
TRACE reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)romantic (9)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ManoDined on 10/25/2014food was good and service was good. atmosphere was ok, not very energetic and significant draft and cold in the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!PIPERDined on 10/18/2014We were out to find something different, and we did! Loved the atmosphere and food. Service was great and drinks were as well. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, changing menu,AtlLocalFoodieDined on 10/4/2014I enjoyed two meals at Trace recently -- dinner and lunch. Both were delicious. They don't have a huge menu, but what they lack in size they make up in interesting and delicious options. For dinner I had a kale caesar salad, roasted chicken, and two amazing desserts (they were too delicious sounding to pick only one). I also tried Trace's unique take on chicken and waffles. And all of it tasted fresh, ripe, and delicious. For breakfast I had their southern breakfast plate, which came with all of the essentials: eggs, chicken sausage, potatoes and toast. They did it right! I appreciate that they shop locally and only work with local vendors. I highly recommend Trace at the W Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool new spotOtupacDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed the dinner and the DJ playing in the lobby of the hotel was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJnc1014Dined on 9/14/2014This place is a hidden gem. It is located in the W Hotel in Midtown. It is a Farm to Table Restaurant that offers a unique but delicious menu. The shrimp and grits and peach basil cobbler are to die for. The service is amazing. I will definitely be a regular here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backDrrobVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were first ( and only people) in restaurant when we ordered- and yet they only had " one serving left" of a signature dish- which server didn't know when we placed our order- upon choosing an alternative, I sent it back ( chicken wings) as they were under cooked and too pink for my taste - the menu was very limited with chicken more present than other options- won't go back unless significant improvement on menu- also large drape across dining area- repairs, construction? The server, however, was extremely attentive and apologetic - never blame a server for what happens in the kitchen
- DisappointingJakeDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the burger and onion rings. Burger was actually pretty good. Onion rings were over-cooked and under-seasoned. My wife tried to put together a vegetable meal. Vidalia onion "tart" was edible, but nothing special. Faro squash "casserole" turned out to be patties, which she described as "garlicky hardtack." "Charred asparagus" was charred, indeed, but otherwise raw. I gave her my side salad. Disappointing. Too many good restaurants in Atlanta. Won't return to this one.
- Not your momma's meatloafPeaches101Dined on 9/13/2014This resturant was amazing! Food was like none other! I got the meatloaf and it was better than my momma's.... Sssshhhhh don't tell her I said that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great kale salad; grilled chicken very good. Burger - a little overcooked, but good. Biggest complaint would be "well" drinks at $11.00! We will try again, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lipstick on a pigYuckDined on 9/12/2014Just another attempt for a mediocre hotel to fit in with Atlanta's dining scene. The service was slow and stupid.
- First Visit to TraceCCAMDined on 9/12/2014We were very excited about our first visit to Trace. The decor was beautiful and the booth was very comfortable. It took quite some time for a server to appear. We ordered cocktails which were prepared by someone other than the bartender. Consequently, they were terrible and we had to return them. Then our burgers and parmesan fries arrived. This was the best burger I have had in years! The meat blend was outstanding and it was prepared exactly as I requested. I soon forgot that this visit had gotten off to a slow start. I will definitely go back for this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Midtown EateryAshleyGHVIPDined on 9/10/2014Pleasantly surprised by the delicious food. Service was fast plus friendly and food was yummy. Would recommend for anyone: groups, couples looking for night out on the town, or families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected surprise!MissDavisDined on 9/10/2014From the décor (eclectic meets contemporary in neutral hues), to the farmer-inspired uniforms, Trace gives the farm to table concept and adds a touch of W Hotel's signature coolness to the restaurant. We went in for Midtown restaurant week, but lucky for us, those same menu items are on the regular menu as well. The meatloaf, made with pork, tasted like a juicy open-faced sausage, and the cherries added more to the visual concept than the taste...but the idea was unique, nonetheless. The hushpuppies were cooked to perfection, as was the shrimp & grits with red gravy...yummy! Definitely going to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitBeerbrewerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Located in the W hotel, this has a nice wide open spot on the 2nd floor of the hotel. I went for a business lunch, so it was pretty quiet, but you can tell it is a hip spot on weeknights and weekends. The food was solid and portions more than decent - i did the soup and caesar salad, my guest the caesar and a barbecue sandwich - we both enjoyed our mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed blessingsantinVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food at Trace was wonderful. The service was very lax and the noise level deafening. The crbs from our shared appetizers were never removed from our table. Silverware missing. Insttentive response from servers in a largely empty room. In A large empty room with lots of windows and hard surfaces the soundtrack is especially critical. The music was extraordinarily loud and an unfortunate choice. The location makes it ideal for patrons from Ansley Park but I doubt anyone there who enjoys fine dining will give it a second look. All this is too bad because the food is extraordinary.
- expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014The place was dead on a Thursday night. Our waiter had one other table and every drink order took way too long. We could see our drinks sitting at the bar and it would take him 10 minutes more to bring it to us. The last drink I went to the bar and got it myself. The food was pretty good- my veggie plate was great but my aunts shrimp and grits was way over sauced. All in all it was a good meal but the waiter was unattentive and some food was over spiced/sauced. I would try again but with a different group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okSilverthorneVIPDined on 9/2/2014It was cold and they gave me a blanket so obviously it is a problem there. There was no one there when we arrived for a 7:15 pm dinner reservation on a Tuesday night. A few other tables were filled while we were there. The food was just average. The service was the highlight. They are really excited about the Food to Table concept, which is what brought me in, but the food was lacking in flavor and flare.
- Surprisingly good!mgatlantaVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were impressed with the food at Trace, from appetizer through dessert. Local and fresh ingredients, interesting combinations, and well-presented. Definitely worth a visit. Loved the burger!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New farm-to-table restaurantLizzieDined on 8/28/2014We really liked this restaurant — the ambiance, food and service. Small plates and large plates, creatively presented. We went at lunch, but will return for dinner before the symphony. (We went to the Colony Square location, across from the arts center.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have some time on your hands...LaDivaDined on 8/20/2014Good food, pleasant staff, slow service! Went for lunch with two co-workers and I'm glad it was a slow day at the office. The place was loud and energetic when we first arrived; it took sometime for our server to greet us and take drink orders. She was very friendly, however and patient as we asked questions about the menu. We ordered and waited and waited. By the time we got our food we were almost the only people left. Even with that, our server didn't come back to check on us or refill our drinks. Eventually she did and asked if we wanted dessert. Well dessert makes everything better, right? We shared the peach-ginger cobbler-- YUM; flourless chocolate cake-- not so much. Won't go back for lunch, but maybe drinks/dinner after work.Special Features:
- Great Experience!KurtSDined on 8/13/2014Our waiter was extremely friendly and informative the entire time, the food was excellent, and everyone we interacted with was pleasant and helpful in making our anniversary enjoyable. It was our first time to the restaraunt, but we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Another locovore in Midtown. This one is serious and definitely a stp up from predecessor Spice! Only one shade short of perfection: batter was slightly heavy & leaden for hush-puppies and onion rings. Service was truly outstanding inn all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itscottDined on 7/24/2014Food was fair -- mostly bland and dry. So many other places in Atlanta that have fantastic food, that it's not worth coming back to this one.
- More than expectedDiverseTastebudsVIPDined on 7/20/2014Awesome location and food was excellent and reasonably priced! Atmosphere was great as well!Special Features:
- Good concept but food lacks seasonFoodieSinceBirthVIPDined on 7/18/2014Decided to try Trace for a birthday dinner. The restaurant is above Whiskey Blue, the hotel's bar, so the DJ's music can be heard in the restaurant. The music doesn't match the ambiance of the restaurant, which is actually pretty nice. Lots of good choices on the menu but everything except the Cajun chips they brought out lacked basic seasoning, i.e. salt and pepper. I had adding table salt but with this food it was a must. We had the chicken pot pie, grilled chicken, the ribeye and even the raved about mac and cheese. Needless to say we were all disappointed and decided trying a desert would be a waste of calories. Our server was great, so maybe we will give it chance again in a few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not genuine?HonestMattDined on 7/18/2014I was in a group of 6 and everyone was very pleased with the food... no exceptions! Excellent, albeit concise, lunch menu and all food was perfectly prepared! The service was very slow and inattentive, although it was very courteous. Worth mentioning: I ordered a ginger-rosemary limeade... and it turns out their custom ($5 or $6 non-alcoholic) beverage was mostly sprite! Yes, sprite, the coke-a-cola product, haha! This really made me wonder what else on the menu was presented as farm-to-table and was actually the cheap version I'd find at a gas station! I might go back, but I would ask my server "what's in this" for everything, which completely undermines the whole farm-to-table experience.Special Features:
- Over donememeDined on 7/9/2014The food was was over cooked and served at a very slow pace especially considering it was early and there were few people there. Granted they have only been open a few weeks but they had better improve quickly to retain customers.
- Fun RestaurantCrisVIPDined on 7/6/2014We enjoyed. The concept is farm to table. Refreshing to find this type food in the middle of downtown Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the TRACE reviews archive.
- Farm to Table Executed PerfectlyD8niteVIPDined on 6/21/2014The whole concept behind farm to table is such a trendy thing, but Trace does it right with a beautiful menu and variety of dishes. The deviled eggs are delicious for starters however the corn puppies were way too salty and dry for my taste. For the second course we ordered kale Caesar salad and the grilled peaches with mozzarella and prociuotto. The kale Caesar was divine- light and tangy and the mozzarella was so fresh and made obviously the same day! Loved loved loved the grilled peach salad. The entrees we ordered were the black grouper which was cooked perfectly and the chicken pot pie which I swear my boyfriend would have easily ordered a second one to-go he ate it so fast with barely audible moans! We will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.