188 14th Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30361Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.traceatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4047242550x
- Hours of Operation:
BAR & LOUNGE:
Sunday-Wednesday:5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Shean Suter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: To view our monthly promotions, visit us at http://www.traceatlanta.com/ and check out our special menus and events. For private event inquiries for parties of 13 or more please call 404-724-2553 or email us at email@example.com.
- Cross Street: Juniper St NE
- Public Transit: Art Center - MARTA STATION
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is Complimentary for three hours with validation from TRACE for guests dining with us for Breakfast and Dinner. The Valet Stand is located in front of the hotel entrance on the corner of 14th Street and Juniper St at 188 14th St, Atlanta, GA 30361
A word from TRACE
Located in the W Atlanta – Midtown, TRACE Atlanta is a farm-to-table take on the Southern dining experience featuring classic and modern twists on New South favorites. By using “traceable” ingredients from local farms to create these Southern-inspired dishes, the restaurant connects with the immediate community and provides the freshest sourceable fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TRACE reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Surprisingly good!mgatlantaVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were impressed with the food at Trace, from appetizer through dessert. Local and fresh ingredients, interesting combinations, and well-presented. Definitely worth a visit. Loved the burger!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New farm-to-table restaurantLizzieDined on 8/28/2014We really liked this restaurant — the ambiance, food and service. Small plates and large plates, creatively presented. We went at lunch, but will return for dinner before the symphony. (We went to the Colony Square location, across from the arts center.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have some time on your hands...LaDivaDined on 8/20/2014Good food, pleasant staff, slow service! Went for lunch with two co-workers and I'm glad it was a slow day at the office. The place was loud and energetic when we first arrived; it took sometime for our server to greet us and take drink orders. She was very friendly, however and patient as we asked questions about the menu. We ordered and waited and waited. By the time we got our food we were almost the only people left. Even with that, our server didn't come back to check on us or refill our drinks. Eventually she did and asked if we wanted dessert. Well dessert makes everything better, right? We shared the peach-ginger cobbler-- YUM; flourless chocolate cake-- not so much. Won't go back for lunch, but maybe drinks/dinner after work.Special Features:
- Great Experience!KurtSDined on 8/13/2014Our waiter was extremely friendly and informative the entire time, the food was excellent, and everyone we interacted with was pleasant and helpful in making our anniversary enjoyable. It was our first time to the restaraunt, but we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Another locovore in Midtown. This one is serious and definitely a stp up from predecessor Spice! Only one shade short of perfection: batter was slightly heavy & leaden for hush-puppies and onion rings. Service was truly outstanding inn all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itscottDined on 7/24/2014Food was fair -- mostly bland and dry. So many other places in Atlanta that have fantastic food, that it's not worth coming back to this one.
- More than expectedDiverseTastebudsVIPDined on 7/20/2014Awesome location and food was excellent and reasonably priced! Atmosphere was great as well!Special Features:
- Good concept but food lacks seasonFoodieSinceBirthVIPDined on 7/18/2014Decided to try Trace for a birthday dinner. The restaurant is above Whiskey Blue, the hotel's bar, so the DJ's music can be heard in the restaurant. The music doesn't match the ambiance of the restaurant, which is actually pretty nice. Lots of good choices on the menu but everything except the Cajun chips they brought out lacked basic seasoning, i.e. salt and pepper. I had adding table salt but with this food it was a must. We had the chicken pot pie, grilled chicken, the ribeye and even the raved about mac and cheese. Needless to say we were all disappointed and decided trying a desert would be a waste of calories. Our server was great, so maybe we will give it chance again in a few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not genuine?HonestMattDined on 7/18/2014I was in a group of 6 and everyone was very pleased with the food... no exceptions! Excellent, albeit concise, lunch menu and all food was perfectly prepared! The service was very slow and inattentive, although it was very courteous. Worth mentioning: I ordered a ginger-rosemary limeade... and it turns out their custom ($5 or $6 non-alcoholic) beverage was mostly sprite! Yes, sprite, the coke-a-cola product, haha! This really made me wonder what else on the menu was presented as farm-to-table and was actually the cheap version I'd find at a gas station! I might go back, but I would ask my server "what's in this" for everything, which completely undermines the whole farm-to-table experience.Special Features:
- Over donememeDined on 7/9/2014The food was was over cooked and served at a very slow pace especially considering it was early and there were few people there. Granted they have only been open a few weeks but they had better improve quickly to retain customers.
- Fun RestaurantCrisVIPDined on 7/6/2014We enjoyed. The concept is farm to table. Refreshing to find this type food in the middle of downtown Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table Executed PerfectlyD8niteVIPDined on 6/21/2014The whole concept behind farm to table is such a trendy thing, but Trace does it right with a beautiful menu and variety of dishes. The deviled eggs are delicious for starters however the corn puppies were way too salty and dry for my taste. For the second course we ordered kale Caesar salad and the grilled peaches with mozzarella and prociuotto. The kale Caesar was divine- light and tangy and the mozzarella was so fresh and made obviously the same day! Loved loved loved the grilled peach salad. The entrees we ordered were the black grouper which was cooked perfectly and the chicken pot pie which I swear my boyfriend would have easily ordered a second one to-go he ate it so fast with barely audible moans! We will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 162 reviews are from the TRACE reviews archive.