1050 Charter Oak
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.travignerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079634444x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday through Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday through Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nash Cognetti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tra Vigne caters at many local wineries and private estates. To inquire, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
- Special Events: Tra Vigne has 8 unique private dining venues on site. To inquire about hosting a private event, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
A word from Tra Vigne
Tra Vigne is a ristorante set apart among the vines, creating the illusion of an enchanted Italian village. Behind the ivy covered walls are Three distinct environments: The grand dining room with 30 foot ceilings and a hand-carved bar, the courtyard with alfresco service, and the Magnum Library for special events. Chef's creations from antipasti to pastas, entrees and desserts pay passionate homage to traditional Italian cookery. The restaurant's extensive wine cellar features Napa Valley vintners and Italian varietals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tra Vigne - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Tra Vigne reviews from OpenTable diners
501 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (375)fit for foodies (305)romantic (284)special occasion (284)notable wine list (255)good for groups (193)great for lunch (157)neighborhood gem (144)hot spot (84)great for brunch (71)scenic view (44)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (28)Show More
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Went for our 10th anniversary while visiting NPA. The staff was great and food was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Food was okay, i'd say even good, but the staff was in a rush to hustle people in, serve them and get them out, not what you expect for a small restaurant on vacation. It was not a friendly Italian place where you go and eat and spend a couple hours talking, but more a place where you are a number, get in and get out so that table can rotate. I've never felt the intense pressure to hurry as I did. Our starters came before or drinks, and the check came seconds after we declined the dessert menu.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This restaurant was very classy...we brought in a bottle of wine, which they put on ice immediately and no corkage fee! We had a reservation for 7:15 but decided we wanted to eat earlier....so we showed up at 5:30 and they took us with a smile and no hassle. I had the duck and risotto and it was out of this world! I was afraid it might be greasy but the duck was crispy and the risotto was creamy....my compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Free corkage on your first bottle - a real plus after buying bottles while wine tasting during the day. We had four different pasta dishes, and they were all delicious. The one with three types of tuna was the real star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceDavidVIPDined on 10/19/2014Amazing food and the location is centrally located.Special Features:
- Awesome food!Beachgirl9999VIPDined on 10/16/2014The food is excellent here! The short ribs were to die for! And you can get half portions if the pasta dishes. The pasta is homemade and unique! The mozzarella appetizer and the fig pizza were excellent! Can't say enough! Didn't have room for dessert. And the wine list was awesome! But apparently you can bring your own with a corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!fabulousmealVIPDined on 10/16/2014A classic Napa restaurant that never disappoints! Food and service were very good. A vibrant restaurant.Special Features:
- DissappointedDined on 10/16/2014Many years we have been to Napa Valley and stayed in the northern portion of the Valley and somehow never dined at Tra Vigne until this trip. We couldn't believe what we have been missing! The food, service and ambiance made for an extremely enjoyable evening. The warm, fresh mozzarella, the fresh-made pasta and the braise short ribs were absolutely delicious! We are palming to return next year!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing menu, done rightcjmusanteDined on 10/16/2014Tra Vigne is not a restaurant that you can visit each weekend. it's a bit pricey, but for those occasions when you really want a great meal, with great wine, this is a Napa gem. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier did a nice job of recommending wines based on our tastes, budget, and the diversity of the group. Because we had a very large group we had to eat inside, but the outside is a beautiful setting that I prefer over the inside.Special Features:
- NeeronDined on 10/15/2014Highly recommend! The butternut squash ravioli were AMAZING! The server was very accomodating to my request for providing an appetizer size portion. I should have ordered as my main! Also worth mentioning was the butterscotch panne cotta topped with salted caramel and a dollip of whipped cream.Special Features:
- best food everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Loved our entire experience from the appearance to the meal to the service. Dennis was great. Everything he recommended was dead on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.JAMMDined on 10/14/2014The food was all very average tasting, nothing spectacular. The 'outdoor' patio area lacked character and the usual enjoyment of sitting outside because of plastic sheeting to enclose it, but that was better than the inside. I've had much better pasta and much better atmospheres. All in all it was a fair to average place to eat.
- Perfect DiningLindyDined on 10/13/2014Love this place, especially the mozzarella delight! Brought cousins there a few days ago from out of town and they simply loved it as much as we do. They plan to return again on our next adventures!Special Features:
- AmazingsarhaaDined on 10/12/2014We came back to Tra Vigne for our anniversary, since we distinctly remember the short ribs from the year prior. They were just as amazing as we remembered. The mozzarella bruschetta appetizer was also phenomenal. The service was impeccable. We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/12/2014Awesome!!!!the food was spectacular and dining outside in the courtyard could not have been nicer.Special Features:
- Wonderful!EnjoyDiningOutVIPDined on 10/12/2014The waiter was wonderful. All of his recommendations were delicious & the pacing was perfect. A treat for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wine Country FavoriteFoodloverSFVIPDined on 10/11/2014They took great care of us and the food never disappoints! We wisely ordered the fresh, hand cut mozzarella and the Padrone peppers as appetizers. They were sensational! The home made pasta dishes were brilliant and the salads excellent. The server was very helpful with all of the dishes and wine recommendations. Tra Vigne has been a favorite of ours and is a wonderful place to dine with friends, either indoors or al fresco. The atmosphere is both romantic and relaxed and the food consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- CatalystgirlklDined on 10/11/2014Tra Vigne offers it all. Great food, great atmosphere, super wine and over the top service. The outdoor patio is so perfect for lunch. The inside is warm and romantic. Don't miss this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodLVFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Had some not so great experiences in Napa/SF while up there on vacation. Tra Vigne has fabulous food, and almost as important, well trained staff that made our dining experience that much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSaintJohnsMIGuyDined on 10/10/2014Tra Vigne was recommended by our private tour guides over other alternatives. The food was very good, although we were a bit full from the full day tasting and a large lunch. Service was very good as well.Special Features:
- never disappointsJoycdVIPDined on 10/9/2014this is the third time we have eaten here and it seems to get better every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CBDCbDSmDDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic food and service! Not a big crowd but we dined a little late on a Wednesday evening. Will definitely be back. Best short ribs I've ever had and the table side mozzarella is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not the lastFredZVIPDined on 10/8/2014We went there for our Anniversary dinner. Seated outdoors with great atmosphere, had a nice cocktail. First bottle of wine - corkage fee waived. Food was excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!CatiemDined on 10/8/2014Our entire experience was second to none! The food was exceptional. I had the duck and my husband had the beef...both just melts in your mouth. You MUST get the featured mozzarella appetizer...nothing like it anywhere.Special Features:
- HawkeyeVisitorsDined on 10/7/2014After a day of wine tasting the outdoor dining area was a perfect way to unwind and relax with excellent menu choices and attentive service. The strawberry rhubarb dessert was a great finish to the delicious pork chop dish. We will undoubtedly include a stop at Tra Vigne on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of ItalyKarenDined on 10/6/2014The best food ever. The service & food are spectacular. The Mozzarella "Manuto" is spectacular with the Heirloom tomatoes. Service inpeccable & outdoor dining beautiful. I recommend this place to everyone to everyone. Service outstanding & friendly.Special Features:
- Tra Vigne in St. Helene, CAluv2eatDined on 10/5/2014Every year we go to this restaurant and are never disappointed. The Braised Short Ribs over Polente is the best around! Another place that you really need to make reservations well in advance.Special Features:
- Good timeOzzyDined on 10/5/2014Great food , the patio area was very inviting , service was excellent I would refer this restaurant to any body looking for good atmosphere and great peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Meal. EverLboz1Dined on 10/4/2014From the made to order mozzarella, to the fig pizza, and every dish all 6 friends ordered, it was perfection. Perfect wines, staff, beautiful ambiance and amazing food. I totally impressed my friends with this reservation. Two of them have traveled the world and said it was the best overall meal they have ever eaten. Wow. Wow. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcguinDined on 10/4/2014Excellent experience on all levels. Thanks. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Excellent ServicePhxArtDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed the food immensely. Perfect after a day of wine tasting. The mozzarella appetizer was wonderful. Pages of wines available.Special Features:
- A Must in NapaJillybeanDined on 10/4/2014No better place. The food is divine and it's really beautiful. The fresh made mozzerella is worth the trip alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite dining in NapaNapadinerDined on 10/3/2014There were six of us dining together, we all voted this our best dining experience during this visit to Napa Valley! Excellent food, great atmosphere, great waiter and service, would definitely recommend this restaurant to others. The Mozzarella Burrata was fabulous paired with the heirloom tomatoes, Carbonara was delicious! Can't wait to go back on our next trip!!!Special Features:
- Dinner at Tra VigneLeMachineDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and service. Best meal in the Napa and Sonoma. We travel extensively in the US and Europe and go out to Napa and Sonoma every other year. The food at Tra Vigne is by far some of the best food we have had. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Second visitgirlweekend2014Dined on 10/2/2014I had 2 half portions of pasta. The paperdella with rabbit was tasty but needed something to finish it and the pasta was slightly overlooked. The green tagliatelle with lamb had nicer flavor though I've had the dish done better in Miami. My experience was better the year before, there were no specials offered and the menu seemed rushed this visit. Service was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNOLADined on 10/1/2014Great value and happy staff. We are from New Orleans and we have to say the food here made us feel like if we were eating in a fine dining restaurant in NOLA!Special Features:
- Romantic eveningDebsVIPDined on 9/29/2014The homemade mozzarella is a must. We also loved the rabbit pappardelle. The short ribs fell short on taste as the sauce wasn't very flavorful. The outdoor area is absolutely gorgeous and the service was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- lovetoeatDined on 9/29/2014We have been going to Tra Vigne for 15 years and it has stayed true to its quality and ambiance- the menu - the paparadelle, the braised beef, the pizzette is amazing-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in St. Helena!HappyCoupleDined on 9/28/2014If we knew how outstanding this restaurant was we would have cancelled our reservations everywhere else. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GinnySVIPDined on 9/28/2014A great spot in all aspects. We enjoyed sitting outside as it was quite noisy inside the restaurant. Service was excellent. Pizza appetizer is very good and would be enough for 4 people. Short ribs would melt in your mouth. Steak was cooked perfectly. No corkage fee.Special Features: