1050 Charter Oak
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.travignerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (707) 963-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday through Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday through Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nash Cognetti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tra Vigne caters at many local wineries and private estates. To inquire, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
- Special Events: Tra Vigne has 8 unique private dining venues on site. To inquire about hosting a private event, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
A word from Tra Vigne
Tra Vigne is a ristorante set apart among the vines, creating the illusion of an enchanted Italian village. Behind the ivy covered walls are Three distinct environments: The grand dining room with 30 foot ceilings and a hand-carved bar, the courtyard with alfresco service, and the Magnum Library for special events. Chef's creations from antipasti to pastas, entrees and desserts pay passionate homage to traditional Italian cookery. The restaurant's extensive wine cellar features Napa Valley vintners and Italian varietals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tra Vigne - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Tra Vigne reviews from OpenTable diners
519 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (368)fit for foodies (324)special occasion (291)romantic (273)notable wine list (265)good for groups (202)great for lunch (170)neighborhood gem (152)hot spot (100)great for brunch (70)vibrant bar scene (52)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (23)Show More
- A Napa mustOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014The wine list phenomenal and the pulled mozzarella is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant. A true gem..DrBob31VIPDined on 11/19/2014Great service and wine. Ambience is superb. Nestled in the middle of NAPA. Wine was superb. Food was great. Staff are learned and comfortable within their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had hers tooHagfinDined on 11/19/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend. The hostess was lively and animated. The wait staff was attentive but unobtrusive. We heeded the server's suggestions. The food was excellent. The wine parings perfect and affordable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa gemGeorgeDined on 11/16/2014We've been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is great esp the mozzarella and short ribs. The timing of the service and meal preparation is great as well. We're looking forward to eating here again on our next trip to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerChristineWLVDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Napa a number of times, but for some reason - this was our first opportunity to enjoy Tra Vigne. The food was outstanding! Our waitress was a delight, and the Sommelier was very knowledgeable and personable. We celebrated my sister's birthday with her husband and it was a delight. Not the restaurant's fault, but there was a large party on the patio where we were seated. (It was the last night of the Napa Film Festival.) There were about 4 other tables on the enclosed patio around this party and we were one of them. Two separate couples sat down nearby and then proceeded to have their table changed because of the loudness of this party. They were crass, loud, and very distracting. One couple stuck it out, and my sister arrived a tad late - so we stuck it out too. The group apologized, but then continued to get louder as the night went on. That's the only reason for the 4 stars for ambiance. Once the party left, we finished our dinner and enjoyed dessert in the wonderful setting. Do have dinner here! It is a wonderful culinary delight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was very stuck up.susanDined on 11/15/2014even when I said it was my husband's birthday he did not even care to wish him a happy birthday let alone bring in a candle to blow.
- Still tops on my listLouDVIPDined on 11/14/2014Of all the places we have eaten this place holds a place as one of our favorite places to eat in the bay area or the US. They have such a skill at keeping the menu seasonal while still offering their trademark dishes. Some of the musts either on regular menu or seasonal mozzarella minuto, fire roasted pepper or Brussels sprouts, or their can never go wrong porterhouse for two. The rigatoni carbonara will melt in your mouth. You can never leave room for desert but if you do, the molten cake is tops. This must be my 10th review and always a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it so much, had to come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014Tra Vigne doesn't have the big name chef on its moniker anymore, but what they still have is great food and outstanding service. Pizzeria TraVigne around the corner is also a great option for guests who want something a little more low key but as good in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Us Feel SpecialPahioDined on 11/13/2014We went to Tra Vigne for our 32nd wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were warmly greeted, wished a Happy Anniversary, and given a nice large booth that was comfortable. The waiter, Jim, was delightful, humorous, attentive and gave great suggestions. I have been telling all my friends how well Tra Vigne treated us. We cannot be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentStlBrownsDined on 11/10/2014We capped off our trip to Napa with dinner the last night at Tra Vigne... and we ended on a high note. The mozzarella dish was to die for. My wife really enjoyed her duck pasta dish and my short ribs were right on point. The couple next to us ordered the porterhouse (big enough for two people) and it was arguably top five steak we have enjoyed - don't go more than medium rare, it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed ExpectationsEileenRDined on 11/10/2014Our expectations were high and were surpassed. We shared the mozzarella on toast appetizer after a woman we met said that everyone told her it was a "must have". After it was delivered, I noted it was served on garlic toast--I have an allergy to garlic. The waiter immediately brought plain bread on which I could put the mozzarella and my husband enjoyed the garlic toast. We enjoyed it a lot. My husband is still raving about the short ribs and claiming them as the best he has ever had! He also loved the Brussels sprouts. I had the butternut squash ravioli, which at other restaurants can be too rich to finish---here they were delicious. The wait staff was very attentive but not overbearing. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- One of Our FavoritesDisappointedVIPDined on 11/9/2014Tra Vigne is one of our favorites for a special night out. Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Great mozzarella bread, incredible short ribs are incredible, even free corkage on your first bottle.Special Features:
- Pretty atmospherejuds18VIPDined on 11/9/2014Very nice place. The best thing was the pizza!!! Would go back...
- Very romantic... Love the food!Jash0929Dined on 11/9/2014Our server was helpful, since it was our first time dining in and didnt had any clue which one to choose. We chose the outdoor space since the weather was perfect and beautiful sunset. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends. Thank you for the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Everything was top notch. The fresh mozzarella appetizer is superb. Great wine selection and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ Tra VigneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Consistency is the best way to describe the outstanding menu of Italian flavors that changes regularly. I have been dining at this establishment since 1992 and have yet to have less than a wonderful meal. I highly recommend the fresh mozzarella antipasti. It is made to order and served warm at table-side.Special Features:
- foodloverPDined on 11/8/2014I work in the wine industry, and this restaurant happens to be n the list of restaurants that we often recommend to our guests. So I decided to check it out. Neil O was our server he was so professional, friendly and helpful. Now the food delightful, their cocktails very enjoyable. I didn't drink any of their wine but I saw the list and they serve fine wine. Overall my experience there was exactly what I hoped for, definitely plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great food, great company, great time. Everything we ate was tasty. Started with fresh mozzarella appetizer. Main courses were: Butternut Squash Ravioli, short ribs, and margarita pizza. All were delicious. Ended with the tiramisu....Special Features:
- travelforfoodDined on 11/8/2014Risotto means a special rice. Putting Apple cubes in with what was not rice was a dumb idea. Dropping a dried out duck leg on top of the mess was a worse idea. Stay away we went back after a long hiatus which was also a bad idea They didn't ruin my wife's short ribs, however
- kenqDined on 11/8/2014This was an absolute find. Some of the best Italian food we have ever experienced. The mozzarella appetizer was outstanding along with the calamari. Had the rigatoni carbonara which was out of this world. Can see why this is one of the most popular restaurants in St. Helena. Our whole group loved it.Special Features:
- Another lovely lunch on the patioskipsnsxDined on 11/8/2014We always make a point to have lunch here any time we get to this part of the world. The food is excellent and the wine list is very comprehensive (up to $2,250). Try lunch here and it will be a favorite place forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceslm2613VIPDined on 11/7/2014We returned to Tra Vigne for our one year anniversary, since they hosted our rehearsal dinner and welcome party for our wedding the year prior. I noted those points in my opentable reservation and requested a table in the romantic outdoor courtyard. Not only was our request granted, everyone from the hostess to the server to the sommelier congratulated us on the occasion. We received complimentary prosecco to start and a delicious butterscotch pannacotta to end. So much has been said about their amazing food (yes, the mozzarella IS that good), but we were treated so well by the staff that I wanted to highlight their outstanding service. We hope to return to tra vigne every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table restaurantLocaldinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014most things on the menu feature food from local Sonoma county suppliers. The goat cheese, salad greens, meats and oysters. Had a glass of Frank's family red since we were not able to visit it during our visit. Pizza and pastas made in house. If you consider a pasta source made with rabbit instead of beef fit for a foodie, this is your place. I enjoyed it and it was the server's suggestion. My wife had the truffle pizza. Delicious as well. The outdoor dining area was beautiful. In Italian Tra Vigne means among the vines and you certainly get that vibe sitting outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetVIPDined on 11/5/2014Family reunion - big group but we still received great service and the food was, as always, excellent although the menu is quite limited for vegetariansSpecial Features:
- Great and genuine italian foodAnna30Dined on 11/4/2014The food is really great and the service excellent. The staff attentive to your every need. A favorite place where you can relax and be sure your guests are in for a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot in st HelenasolardaveDined on 11/3/2014The food was great. All six of us we moaning as the flavors. Our waiter selected a Delicious bottle of wine. It was a beautiful day to sit in courtyard and we took advantage. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday last Saturday evening. The atmosphere, food and service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Loved it!MrsBVIPDined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal at Tra Vigne! Food was delicious, service was excellent and friendly. Such a relaxing evening!Special Features:
- Excellent wine country diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Wonderful evening, wonderful dinner, excellent service. large outside seating areas. Can bring your own wine, or full list. Great wine country visit.Special Features:
- my date was impressed.BIRTHDAYTimeDined on 11/1/2014I took him there for his birthday and he enjoyed all of the experience. The only thing missing was a "happy bday" song. LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Been going there for over 15 years. Food always good, but not the Valley's best. Prices are in bounds, and decor very good. For a change the front door staff was friendly not snippy. The waiter was over the hill and only marginally accepting of sending a bad draft beer back. Wine list doesn't gave the depth it used to. Worst was tables have become too crowded. Sat in a booth near the door and they now have a table for door in what used to be the aisle. Conversation carried over, unacceptable in my mind particularly when other tables were open. AndSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tra Vigne reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great meal at Tra Vigne, excellent service and will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Excellen Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Service was outstanding from the moment we stepped into the entry way. We were seated within minutes even though we showed up early for our reservation. Food was excellent, we had the fresh mozzarella, Butternut squash ravioli and the braised rabbit ragu. Price was very reasonable. We will definitely make Tra Vigne a regular stop.Special Features:
- Great Food in Grand CentralTetonDinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014The kitchen at Tra Vigne has earned and kept its reputation as a strong Italian oriented food purveyor and producer. Our meals were very good and consistent with other times we have dined there. The service is attentive and professional. One just must be prepared to dine in a large room with a multitude of people. Outside, when available, is our preferred choice.Special Features:
- Another fabulous meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014The fresh handmade Mozzarella is a must. My squash ravioli's were just put on the fall menu and were delicious.Special Features:
- The best server...EVERFoodmanVIPDined on 10/27/2014Ask for Jaye (a female). SHe was the best server I have ever had at a restaurant. Didn't push anything, made recommendations, advised against if she felt it was too much or wouldn't work with what we had already eaten. Made a good experience, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotYummyDined on 10/27/2014Great food. First class service. Bar drinks plus wine. Love the high ceiling room with art. Can't wait to return.xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozzarella!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Hands down the best mozzarella I've ever had in my life. It is worth going to this restaurant just for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceCRUZDelFriscoVIPDined on 10/25/2014Got seated next to a wall where it feels like a freeway zone. Everybody is walking by, got elbowed by one of the buss boy three times and never once he apologized. Address the seating arrangement with the manager on duty that evening, he states they have received numerous complaints about that table from other patrons, but to this day they still have people sit in this area. When asked why they still sit people in that area if they received numerous complaints. His respond was people need the table. If you're looking for a great food and excellent service, this is not the restaurant to be. I will not go back and I'll definitely tell everyone I know, anyone going to Napa not to go to this restaurant. Better off going to Bottega.Special Features:
- Service +McknzVIPDined on 10/24/2014The place was wonderful, however, I left my IPAD and they actually CALLED me and advised it was there! Good organization! Great Value for St. Helena!!Special Features: