1050 Charter Oak
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.travignerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079634444x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday through Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday through Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nash Cognetti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tra Vigne caters at many local wineries and private estates. To inquire, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
- Special Events: Tra Vigne has 8 unique private dining venues on site. To inquire about hosting a private event, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
A word from Tra Vigne
Tra Vigne is a ristorante set apart among the vines, creating the illusion of an enchanted Italian village. Behind the ivy covered walls are Three distinct environments: The grand dining room with 30 foot ceilings and a hand-carved bar, the courtyard with alfresco service, and the Magnum Library for special events. Chef's creations from antipasti to pastas, entrees and desserts pay passionate homage to traditional Italian cookery. The restaurant's extensive wine cellar features Napa Valley vintners and Italian varietals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tra Vigne - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Tra Vigne reviews from OpenTable diners
451 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (331)romantic (283)fit for foodies (259)special occasion (253)notable wine list (223)good for groups (155)great for lunch (148)neighborhood gem (97)great for brunch (70)scenic view (50)hot spot (49)kid-friendly (35)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (24)Show More
- Casual and Elegant DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Tra Vigne is all about food and the right wine to go with it. The preparation and presentation is perfect and the waitstaff performs as the professionals they are. Perfect choice to experience Napa Valley in style. We dined here in 2008 and were delighted that it was still as wonderful a dining experience now as it was then. We started with the magnificent mozzarella bruschetta prepared fresh with the warmed cheese cut and spread for us at the table. One of us had the whole fish - filleted at the table - and the other the halibut. Both were delicious!Special Features:
- Return guestTucker10Dined on 8/30/2014I've dined here many times over the past 8 years. Consistency seems to be the name of the game. Very good,attentive waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go here!VinnyDined on 8/29/2014Last place you want to dine at in Napa! We left before ordering our entres. The mozzarella cheese was not edible!
- Larger groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service, but table for 8 people pushed into the corner was pretty uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenaljessDined on 8/29/2014Such a delicious and beautiful experience! The short ribs and rabbit Bolognese are highlights as well as mozzarella appetizer is must!! Absolutely gorgeous outdoor eating, very unique and romantic!!! A must if you go to Napa!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/29/2014Went to chat with the group sales representative about holding a work-related group dinner. Kimmie was gracious and went out of her way to offer a perfect space and menu for our budget. I look forward to signing the contract.Special Features:
- Unique Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The homemade pastas are fantastic. I had the herb infused pasta with lamb not sure what to expect. The pasta was delicious and the lamb was plentiful and very tender. The mozzarella was made fresh. The wine list was extensive through all price ranges. I loved the enclosed outdoor patio. Dining under the lit trees you forget that the road was just on the other side of the wall. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My sister and I had dinner there this week and the food was just wonderful of course the homemade mozzarella cheese appetizer is a must. I would go back any time.Special Features:
- Mozzarella to die forKayeDined on 8/28/2014I actually dream about their table-side prepared fresh mozzarella. I cannot wait to go back and every time I do, it's really all I want but I do order something else and inevitably love it. Servers top notch, presentation is beautiful, ambience is lovely. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding pastaCapeCodderDined on 8/27/2014Carbonara was the best I've ever had! The wine list is extensive, including many Italian producers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseJerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/27/2014Thus was our 5 or 6th time dining here. We just love it. The burrata and Padron peppers are thebest. Service staff are well trained and the mmenu has something for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLICK ON "Find a Table" NOW . . . .FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/26/2014This dining establishment offers it all . . . from their large parking lot to the stunning ambience (inside & out) to the entire waitstaff, beautiful full bar and most of all, fantastic food at reasonable prices. An incredible appetizer is the fresh and creamy Mozzarella "Al Minuto" lightly grilled bruschetta (4 large pieces) drizzled with Napa Valley olive oil & served table side ($14) you'll look at your dining guest(s) and wonder (and trust me, they will too) if getting a second order would be too much (wink) The Halibut in a lemon caper & white wine reduction with mixed pea shoots ($28) was Crazy Good. The creamy risotto with duck leg ($25) was Simply Outrageous. One of the best overall restaurants in the Napa Valley, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014The pea salad was so fresh and delightful! A different twist on salads, it should be added to the menu as one of your regulars. Also loved the ravioli with asparagus. Halibut good, small portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had it allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014I have a new favorite dining spot in Napa. Tra Vigne has it all. Great selection, great food, lovely atmosphere and a friendly staff. An A+ dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisa Rossdaleluv2wineDined on 8/25/2014We totally loved this restaurant. There were a lot of other people there, but it is designed to make it feel more intimate, by sectioning off the areas. We sat outside, on the terrace, with a heater that made it really comfortable. The cocktails were delicious & they let me taste many wines until we found ones we loved. The food was wonderful & the waiter was informative & knew his job.The house made mozzarella with fresh baked bread, tomatoes & olive oil was sooo yummy. Dinner & drinks took 2 hours, but we had a great time. The place is beautiful & we definitely will go there again.Special Features:
- FabulousA10earthquakeDined on 8/25/2014"I'll remember this night for the rest of my life." Get the mozerella with a side of tomatoes to start!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- send off dinner1668ELDined on 8/24/2014A group of us had a memorable night dining at Tra Vigne, an all time favorite of mine, to send off my son to college. It was a great, warm experience...we ordered family style on the appetizers. Some favorite were the risotto ball, pizza w/fig & gorganzola (what a treat!),and the thick warm mozarella toast was outstanding. Tra Vigne is a whole experience, from the food to the ambience...a treat for any occasion. Highly recommended it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceJLsellers3Dined on 8/23/2014We ordered the Porterhouse for two, which was one of the best steaks I have ever had (and I usually order steaks). The mozzarella starter was also superb. We brought in a 2001 brunello which the wine steward recognized, decanted, and shared a little with us. Fortunately this was the night of, but BEFORE, the earthquake. Hopefully they did not suffer much damage except loss of glassware.Special Features:
- Great mealScarabsanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great meal and service was top notch. Wine list is very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Napa Favorite! A must for sure!JHumpVIPDined on 8/22/2014Tra Vigne is a must for anyone visiting Napa. The fresh Mozzarella and Heirloom tomatoes are absolutely amazing! Everything on the menu is absolutely terrific. The wine list is spectacular, and they even went out of their way, and dug deep for a bottle of Scarecrow for us that was not even on the list. Great people, perfect service, and 5 star food. Simply amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014What a wonderful place for my girl friend and I to spend and nice romantic evening. The waiter was well versed in the menu and provided great recommendations. We did not feel hurried and were able to enjoy our special evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic momentJeanDenisDined on 8/21/2014It was our first time at this restaurant and wow what a surprise. I never eated ribs like that before. It was so tender and tasty.Special Features:
- Finally got inMarcellDined on 8/19/2014I've wanted to always go here to eat but never planned ahead for dinner. Made my reservations on open table for lunch with 6 friends and it was wonderful. Service was exceptional as well as everything else that matters. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salvadore was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Again Salvadore was great! He was very knowledgable and for our first time in Napa he made us feel very welcome. Being in the restaurant industry myself I really enjoyed the cuisine. Thanks so much. RobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndreaDined on 8/18/2014AMAZING FOOD! My favorite place that we ate in the Napa area. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Lunch in St. HelenaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Great place for lunch in St. Helena....Food super...., fresh mozzarella....nice outside dining...beautiful setting and the service was outstanding... Definitely will return on future visits to St. Helena...Special Features:
- Very good but...TravelingFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ultimately, the food was very good and the setting was nice but the service was disappointing. Our server was friendly but missed certain things like replacing silverware for the next course, refilling drinks, etc. However, that was not as bad as when we first arrived. We were just shy of 30min early and seeing that the restaurant was near empty, we were happy to know (after a long day of wine tours) that we would be seated right away. To our surprise and amazement, the not so nice hostess told us that we had to wait as she "sat others first." Perplexed, we looked around (bar, outside, etc) and no one was there! I can understand waiting if there are only 5 tables available and 5 reservations ahead of us, but with a NEAR EMPTY restaurant?!?Special Features:
- domovoyDined on 8/17/2014Lunch (brunch) menu was a little limited for this price bracket. However, what selections we had were scrumptious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Drove up from the east bay and was not disappointed . The duck sweet potato hash was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PorcuspinoDined on 8/17/2014We had lunch here with our 2 kids (7 and 10yo) and ate outside on the patio (good shade from trees and vines). Overall, the food is good, but the ambience is superior. The interior is very pleasant, but outside is a good choice for lunch. Although I wouldn't call it kid friendly, we felt comfortable with our children - especially outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our table under the trees outside was lovely. Great service from all. We love our extremely fresh mozzarella on our caprese bruschetta. Our short ribs and halibut dinners were delicious.Special Features:
- 35th Wedding Anniversary DinnerHSL59Dined on 8/16/2014We had booked reservations well in advance and arrived on time but had to wait an additional 30 minutes to get our table. We were seated outside which we requested. It is a very nice atmosphere and because it is outside, it wasn't as noisy. The food was fantastic, we had crostini with fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomato which was awesome. The main dishes were well prepared and very tasteful. We did have one issue. The sommelier suggested a wine after we gave him our preferences. The wine list showed it was a 2009. We didn't initially notice that we received a 2011. After bringing this to his attention, he very politely removed this from our bill at the end although we did not make a fuss about it. This was very nice.Special Features:
- Outstandingdc1360Dined on 8/16/2014Recommended, I found a new favorite place. Great decor, service and food.Special Features:
- Love the cheeseKatyK1Dined on 8/15/2014We love this place. Can't go wrong. Buffalo mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes are like grown up candy!Special Features:
- Beautiful spotJkhampethDined on 8/15/2014As we arrived to Tra Vigne we found it tough to find parking overall it was a pleasant experience. Our waiter sang to us in his beautiful Sinatra like voice. Out of all the dishes my gfs and I tasted we highly recommend the short ribs. Heaven!!! I would definitely come again but sit in the patio under the lit trees.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a lovely Italian restaurant with old world charm. The outdoor patio area is beautiful and cozy with overhanging lighted trees, water fountain, rustic wall, etc. The service is excellent and you are allowed to proceed at your own pace. The home made mozzarella appetizer is not to be missed. The home made pasta with rabbit ragout and the beef short rib entrees were wonderful. This is clearly a place that locals also come for a Friday night outing, and the combination of great food and wine with outstanding ambiance makes for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great spotmikeDined on 8/14/2014We were visiting wineries in Calistoga/St. Helena area. Had not been to Tra Vigne in many years. Enjoyed our meal immensely. Had a wonderful table outside. Perfect and delicious way to end our day in the wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Amazing place great food, great service our waiter was kind enough to comp the corkage fee upon learning it was our 10th anniversary and we were sharing special wines that had special meaning to usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well donepalmdesertdogDined on 8/12/2014The evening was cool and we sat outside. Even had to turn on the heater later. My wife and I were joined by friends and we enjoyed the food. The short ribs were tender, fall off the bone. My wife had the pasta (can't remember the name) with the lamb pieces and wine sauce - it was fantastic! Full of favors. We started with the mozzarella cheese al minuto. Fun appetizer, nice kind of smokey flavor. Had been recommended to us by friends. The wine list was quite extensive, but very, very pricey. The whole menu is also available at the bar.Special Features:
- Special Night OutCraigDined on 8/12/2014We came here for my wife's 50th birthday. The modzerlella starter is to die for. The enviornment and service was awesome. The food was also very good. We both had the chicken and we both loved it. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special night out. We had a great time.Special Features: