1050 Charter Oak
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.travignerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079634444x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday through Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday through Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nash Cognetti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tra Vigne caters at many local wineries and private estates. To inquire, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
- Special Events: Tra Vigne has 8 unique private dining venues on site. To inquire about hosting a private event, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
A word from Tra Vigne
Tra Vigne is a ristorante set apart among the vines, creating the illusion of an enchanted Italian village. Behind the ivy covered walls are Three distinct environments: The grand dining room with 30 foot ceilings and a hand-carved bar, the courtyard with alfresco service, and the Magnum Library for special events. Chef's creations from antipasti to pastas, entrees and desserts pay passionate homage to traditional Italian cookery. The restaurant's extensive wine cellar features Napa Valley vintners and Italian varietals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tra Vigne - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Tra Vigne reviews from OpenTable diners
490 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (363)fit for foodies (287)romantic (287)special occasion (274)notable wine list (244)good for groups (182)great for lunch (160)neighborhood gem (132)hot spot (75)great for brunch (73)scenic view (47)vibrant bar scene (40)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (28)Show More
- Best Italian Food in St. Helena!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014If we knew how outstanding this restaurant was we would have cancelled our reservations everywhere else. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GinnySVIPDined on 9/28/2014A great spot in all aspects. We enjoyed sitting outside as it was quite noisy inside the restaurant. Service was excellent. Pizza appetizer is very good and would be enough for 4 people. Short ribs would melt in your mouth. Steak was cooked perfectly. No corkage fee.Special Features:
- CLICK ON "Find a Table" NOW . . .FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 9/28/2014This dining establishment offers it all . . . from their large parking lot to the stunning ambiance (inside & out) to the entire waitstaff, beautiful full bar and most of all, fantastic food at reasonable prices. An incredible appetizer is the fresh and creamy Mozzarella "Al Minuto" Bruschetta (4 large pieces - lightly grilled) drizzled with Napa Valley olive oil & served table side ($14) you'll look at your dining guest(s) and wonder (and trust me, they will too) if getting a second order would be too much (wink) The Halibut in a lemon caper & white wine reduction with mixed pea shoots ($28) was Crazy Good. The creamy risotto with duck leg ($25) is Simply Outrageous. One of the best overall restaurants in the Napa Valley, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely HeavenlysfdinerDined on 9/28/2014We had a late lunch at Tra Vigne this Sunday afternoon. It was blissful!! There is something about Tra Vigne that sets it apart from almost any other dining experience anywhere. It just feels special, like you have been transported to Tuscany. The atmosphere is welcoming, the staff friendly and helpful and the food? It is spectacularly delicious and perfect. We had actually just returned from Italy several days before our visit and although we certainly ate at some great places there, we both concluded that our meal at Tra Vigne was hands-down vastly superior to anything we had in Italy. The pizza was OMG so good. But I must comment on the INCREDIBLE butterscotch pannecotta I had for dessert. I still dream about it, really. Yummy!!Special Features:
- tommmyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Good food in a lovely setting. Always a hit with visitors. A must place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Longer 5 Starsgarbo7441Dined on 9/28/2014After dining at Tra Vigne for over 15 years with great food and service, our experience on 9/28/2014 was nothing short of terribly disappointing. The food was not prepared as directed, the Martinis tasted watered down and were extremely small, and the waitress should be in another line of work. One important rule of customer service is never let the customer overhear you disrespecting him to another employee. The manager seemed disinterested and offered only perfunctory apologies. Lastly, they reported to Open Table that we were a 'no show' and did not keep our reservation. We drove 186 miles just to have lunch at Tra Vigne just to experience this?
- THE BESTfoodie33Dined on 9/27/2014Tra Vigne is still the best restaurant in Napa Valley. My wife and I were seated outside for lunch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Our waiter, Dennis, was amazing. He was knowledgable and attentive without being obtrusive. He recommended the mozzarella "al minuto" and heirloom tomatoes both which were outstanding. I couldn't decide between the sage infused rabbit papperdelle and the rigatoni alla carbonara. He said trust me and brought a half order of each. Both were out of this world. My wife had the tagliatelle Nero trio di tonno. It was good but she prefers tuna tartare rather than cooked tuna. We will always go back to Tra Vigne. I would highly recommend it and ask for Dennis.Special Features:
- Whats not to like???foodieDined on 9/26/2014Wow !! We are never disappointed at Tra Vigne, of course the Mozzarella is a must..Off the charts good, The Rabit Pasta, The short ribs and the filet dinner for 2 all above and beyond delicious . Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect last minute find!Diner74Dined on 9/26/2014We chose Tra Vigne on a whim and made a fantastic choice! The staff was friendly without being over the top. Service was prompt and unobtrusive, so much so that when our water was refilled, you hardly knew they were there. Dinner was amazing, even by Napa Valley food critic standards. It was made with fresh, local ingredients. We couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ServiceSimigagDined on 9/25/2014We had booked our table as always with Open Table. When we came a the requested time, we had to wait a few minutes at the Bar. Strange is that you must pay Bar consumption at the Bar.... Then we got seated outside. It was just to cold to enjoy dinner so we requested a table inside and it was not a problem. Service was very good and food delicious. Can only recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014We had a wonderful experience. The food, the ambiance , and even the waiter was great. Can't wait to get back again someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotbellyVIPDined on 9/25/2014We are never disappointed with Tra Vigne. We particularly enjoy the outdoor balconies when the weather permits. Indoor dining can also be comforting and romantic. Consistently great cuisine and top notch service. We are Napans and I always recommend this place to my out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyKPLNeighborVIPDined on 9/24/2014We ate at 530 - and when we arrived we 1) had a reservation and 2) were nearly the only people in the restaurant (1 table seated inside and 3 or 4 on the patio. We asked for a patio table where each of us had a nice vantage. The host sat us in a corner formed by the bus station and a plastic shower-curtain-style wall. The food is nice, but it's clear that Tra Vigne has mostly tourists as customers, and the staff know that as such people aren't coming back ... so they don't feel the need to treat patrons very well (meaning the host ... not the server, who was pleasant)
- Fabulous food, great servicePeggyStDined on 9/23/2014We had a group of 6, not rowdy - but definitely having fun. Our waitress took it all in stride. The menu is great and the food was fabulous! We would definitely go back. We didn't eat outside but they have a charming porch and patio that I would love to revisit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014The food, service, and ambiance were very good. It is certainly one of the better upscale Italian restaurants in the area. My only criticism is that some of the presentations were adaptations of traditional Italian recipes, which I thought were a bit off the mark. For instance, the carbonara tasted and looked nothing like the old world recipe. If it wasn't for the fact that the menu labeled it as carbonara, I would not have recognized it as such.Special Features:
- a popular restaurant with good foodwildflowerDined on 9/22/2014The service was delightful.the wine list was of course amazing. And the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited typical Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014No spaghetti,lasagne or veal Parmesan on the menu. The mozzarella appetizer was wonderful. Ordered the pork chop which was a little dry. Good but not great.Special Features:
- DisappointedJackVIPDined on 9/22/2014Our first night in Napa. Service was great but halibut although fresh was overcooked and the broccoli was tough--although it was exchanged for spinach. Tiramisu was very good. Wines were expensive!Special Features:
- A Bit of ItalyCallyDined on 9/20/2014Althought the inside is quite pretty, outdoor dining is the way to go. It was as beautiful as dining outside in the Italian countryside. The food was very good. Go for the fresh Mozerella that is made to order. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Overall is was a great night out!Special Features:
- A great example of Napa cuisineRandizzle64VIPDined on 9/19/2014Had a group of seven, and we all had a great time. The bartender was great while we waited to get an outside table, instead of the inside table they had reserved for us. Once seated our waiter was excellent, recommending new wines that I was unfamiliar with (after getting a sense of what I typically drink). We all ordered different dishes, and there aren't enough characters in this post to talk about all of it, but I will simply say, I recommend this place!! :-)Special Features:
- wonderful service and foodCdnboyDined on 9/19/2014Probably the best combination of great service and amazing food that we have ever experienced. The waiters made great food suggestions and very knowledgeable wine recommendations from an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Valley classicNovinophobiaDined on 9/19/2014Tra Vigne surpassed our expectations! Our friends recommended this restaurant to us as part of our Napa Valley weekend. The food was amazing! We wanted to order everything on the menu. We couldn't decide on entree's so we each ordered one and two for "the table". Every dish was mouthwatering. You cannot go wrong with this place. Priced right for the quality of food. Restaurant is beautiful. What a find. Must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerVinoDonDined on 9/19/2014we haven't been here for several years and decided to have our first dinner meal here on our weekend trip to Napa. As always, the service and food was excellent! from the motzarella appetizer to the halibut I had for dinner - to the dessert - I was in heaven !!! love this place as a solid win every time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot in napa!Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/19/2014Perfect spot for lunch while in napa. Patio seating is great. Came here 15 years ago and still wonderful. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJringforkDined on 9/18/2014With so many amazing food choices in Napa valley. Tra Vigne is not to be missed. Food was outstanding. Fig pizza was incredible and homemade mozzarella was delicious. Great waiter and great ambience. Outdoor area was super cute. Will be back next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 9/18/2014We have been to this restaurant many times. Every time we come to Napa, this is one of the places we must go for dinner/lunch.Special Features:
- Worth the StopLive2liveDined on 9/18/2014Overall, great food. Everything was so fresh and homemade. Delicious salads, fig pizza, and wonderful pastas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tra VigneSteveDined on 9/17/2014I took a date there this week and the food and service were excellent. Also an amazing wine list. First Class all the way Haven't been to this restaurant in many years but after having dinner, realized how nice it is and I should come here more often. Would say this is one of the best restaurants in Napa Valley. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding as alwaysWhatz4DinnerVIPDined on 9/17/2014When you want a reliably fantastic meal Tra Vigne never fails. It is beautiful and delicious. The service is impeccable. They accommodate vegeterians as well as those of us who choose a differrnt path. Chris Madrid was cordial attentive and gorgeous! Cant wait to go back and try something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingFood2wineDined on 9/16/2014The food and service were amazing! We wil be back for round 3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Restaurant service was pleasant and very accommodating. Manager Paul really cares!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow has Tra Vigne lost a step!DrScottDined on 9/16/2014I used to love this restaurant. Tho time I found the wine list mediocre, the menu sparse and unimaginative, the food pedestrian, and the noise level intolerable. Although a particular woman in a blue dress at the table next door was screaming at the top of her lungs, it was really the second-tier food that disappointed. When you're paying $100 a head for dinner, you should be wowed. Risotto balls? Yawn. Duck with mushy polenta? Blech. Dry pork chop with mystery fruit? Meh. It was nice having many wines under $50 but few available by the glass. In the 80s and 90s, this place wowed and surprised. Those days are gone. Stay away.
- Best Itialian Food In NapaTimothyDined on 9/15/2014This is original Itialian from Itialy. Just just grandmother prepared at home. Don't miss out on this treasure. The service is superb also.Special Features:
- Eating at Tra Vigne1110vinny1110Dined on 9/15/2014Absolutely fantastic, you must put this on your list of places to eat. The mozzarella appetizer is the most unbelievable thing you will ever eat. I have never had mozzarella like that anywhere, just not to be believed !!!!!!! As far as the rest of the meal , everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and last but not least, dessert was not to be believed. I can't wait to go to Napa Valley for vacation again just to eat there again. It was definitely one of the highlights of our vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent as alwaysRussianVisitorDined on 9/14/2014Tra w\Vigne is an excelent italian restoraunt in Napa. We always visit it and never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome!gareDined on 9/14/2014This was our 34th anniversary, maybe our 5th time at Tra Vigne. Start earlier than reservation to get on outside waiting list, sit at bar have a nice drink and the hand pulled mozzarella with heirloom tomatoes.... sweet!!Special Features:
- Mind BlowingCrazyLarryDined on 9/13/2014Awesome. Everything was better than expected. Food was out of this world and out server was very cool. Recommendations were right on. You are doing yourself a disservice if you pass on the fresh mozzerela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were seated in a nice table for 2 out on the the patio. The waitress was not very attentive. We ordered the mozzarella bruschetta and calamari appetizers. Mozzarella was ok but the calamari tasted like they got it in the frozen food aisle at the supermarket. I had the Mussels for my entree and they were good but the pork short ribs my husband had were not. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Four for food.DenverDinerDined on 9/13/2014A fantastic food experience. The mozzarella is a must have. The only drawback was that once dessert was on the table we became invisible to our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Love Tra Vigne! From the mozzarella to the shortribs/shortcake, you can't go wrong! Our server was charming and well educated in giving answers to our questions. Thank you Tra Vigne! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.