1050 Charter Oak
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.travignerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079634444x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday through Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday through Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nash Cognetti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tra Vigne caters at many local wineries and private estates. To inquire, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
- Special Events: Tra Vigne has 8 unique private dining venues on site. To inquire about hosting a private event, please contact our Special Events Department at (707) 963-4449.
A word from Tra Vigne
Tra Vigne is a ristorante set apart among the vines, creating the illusion of an enchanted Italian village. Behind the ivy covered walls are Three distinct environments: The grand dining room with 30 foot ceilings and a hand-carved bar, the courtyard with alfresco service, and the Magnum Library for special events. Chef's creations from antipasti to pastas, entrees and desserts pay passionate homage to traditional Italian cookery. The restaurant's extensive wine cellar features Napa Valley vintners and Italian varietals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tra Vigne - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Tra Vigne reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (356)romantic (294)fit for foodies (281)special occasion (271)notable wine list (236)good for groups (174)great for lunch (155)neighborhood gem (120)great for brunch (74)hot spot (65)scenic view (50)vibrant bar scene (38)kid-friendly (36)late-night find (28)Show More
- Always a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014we haven't been here for several years and decided to have our first dinner meal here on our weekend trip to Napa. As always, the service and food was excellent! from the motzarella appetizer to the halibut I had for dinner - to the dessert - I was in heaven !!! love this place as a solid win every time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot in napa!Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/19/2014Perfect spot for lunch while in napa. Patio seating is great. Came here 15 years ago and still wonderful. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 9/18/2014We have been to this restaurant many times. Every time we come to Napa, this is one of the places we must go for dinner/lunch.Special Features:
- Worth the StopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Overall, great food. Everything was so fresh and homemade. Delicious salads, fig pizza, and wonderful pastas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tra VigneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I took a date there this week and the food and service were excellent. Also an amazing wine list. First Class all the way Haven't been to this restaurant in many years but after having dinner, realized how nice it is and I should come here more often. Would say this is one of the best restaurants in Napa Valley. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The food and service were amazing! We wil be back for round 3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Restaurant service was pleasant and very accommodating. Manager Paul really cares!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow has Tra Vigne lost a step!DrScottDined on 9/16/2014I used to love this restaurant. Tho time I found the wine list mediocre, the menu sparse and unimaginative, the food pedestrian, and the noise level intolerable. Although a particular woman in a blue dress at the table next door was screaming at the top of her lungs, it was really the second-tier food that disappointed. When you're paying $100 a head for dinner, you should be wowed. Risotto balls? Yawn. Duck with mushy polenta? Blech. Dry pork chop with mystery fruit? Meh. It was nice having many wines under $50 but few available by the glass. In the 80s and 90s, this place wowed and surprised. Those days are gone. Stay away.
- Best Itialian Food In NapaTimothyDined on 9/15/2014This is original Itialian from Itialy. Just just grandmother prepared at home. Don't miss out on this treasure. The service is superb also.Special Features:
- Eating at Tra VigneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Absolutely fantastic, you must put this on your list of places to eat. The mozzarella appetizer is the most unbelievable thing you will ever eat. I have never had mozzarella like that anywhere, just not to be believed !!!!!!! As far as the rest of the meal , everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and last but not least, dessert was not to be believed. I can't wait to go to Napa Valley for vacation again just to eat there again. It was definitely one of the highlights of our vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent as alwaysRussianVisitorDined on 9/14/2014Tra w\Vigne is an excelent italian restoraunt in Napa. We always visit it and never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome!gareDined on 9/14/2014This was our 34th anniversary, maybe our 5th time at Tra Vigne. Start earlier than reservation to get on outside waiting list, sit at bar have a nice drink and the hand pulled mozzarella with heirloom tomatoes.... sweet!!Special Features:
- Mind BlowingCrazyLarryDined on 9/13/2014Awesome. Everything was better than expected. Food was out of this world and out server was very cool. Recommendations were right on. You are doing yourself a disservice if you pass on the fresh mozzerela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were seated in a nice table for 2 out on the the patio. The waitress was not very attentive. We ordered the mozzarella bruschetta and calamari appetizers. Mozzarella was ok but the calamari tasted like they got it in the frozen food aisle at the supermarket. I had the Mussels for my entree and they were good but the pork short ribs my husband had were not. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Four for food.DenverDinerDined on 9/13/2014A fantastic food experience. The mozzarella is a must have. The only drawback was that once dessert was on the table we became invisible to our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Love Tra Vigne! From the mozzarella to the shortribs/shortcake, you can't go wrong! Our server was charming and well educated in giving answers to our questions. Thank you Tra Vigne! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificTK19Dined on 9/11/2014Food was excellent, good service, fresh mozzarella was memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John40207Dined on 9/10/2014Mozzarella appetizer was over the top, served table side. Service was excellent. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Napa with the ladiesHIonfoodDined on 9/9/2014The food was good. We shared the mozzarella bruschetta, fig pizza and the carbonara pasta. Service needs improvements. Staff overall not very friendly as other restaurants. A little stuck up. Would have given five star but our waiter was a bit sarcastic when answering our questions. Kinda impatient when taking our order. Also asked to sit outside and saw there was a lot of tables open but said we had to wait 30 mins. Not very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT MISS MOZZARELLA !!!!SalMemphisVIPDined on 9/9/2014No visit here would be complete without the mozzarella appetizer. We also had the Padrone Peppers which is a seasonal speciality. Best of the 4 we had this week. The daily fresh that is deboned at the table was excellent. Never a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Late ArrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Unfortunately due to heavy traffic in Napa, our party was 30 minutes late for our reservation. We were a party of 8. The first of our party to arrive was treated rudely. Although the restaurant was by no means full, the greeter refused to seat us outside in the courtyard. Instead, we were seated in a remote corner inside and away from any other diners. The food, however, met our expectations, although I doubt that any of us will ever return because of the way we were treated.Special Features:
- LONG ESTABLISHED GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Tra remains on of the better Places to Eat in the Valley. Long established Tra continues to shine even among the new comers . In the Valley for a few nights or a local, you mist include one evening dinning in a great dinning room. Outstanding StaffSpecial Features:
- Great Find!veroVIPDined on 9/7/2014We always dine at Tra Vigne when visiting Napa Valley Wine Country -- it's always good in every way!!Special Features:
- Amazingfoodie215VIPDined on 9/7/2014We have dined here several times and always go back when ever we are in the area. Their Mozzarella al Minuto is just to die for!!! Never had anything else like it. We have never been disappointed with anything we have ordered there. Just consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionClarkVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful birthday lunch on Tra Vigne's patio -- terrific food and wine, excellent service, and great weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than you've heard.WorkingStiffDined on 9/6/2014No, seriously. If you in any way value classifying what you eat everyday at home as food don't come here. Tra Vigne is the proverbial red pill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tra Vigne - Rah! Rah!SabinaVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our fifth meal at Tra Vigne and it was fabulous - as always. The waiter was great and the food was magnificent. Do try the arancini as a starter. They melt in your mouth and the sugo di tomate was sensational! The secret is (apparently) a tiny amount of Calabrian peppers. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!RomanticVIPDined on 9/4/2014We were in town for five days. Had a reservation on the first night and ended up going back every single night!! Fantastic food!! Beautiful tomatoes, the fresh pappardelle with rabbit ragu was over the top. We also tried the short ribs and it was beautiful!! Tryed pork chop and oven roasted peppers , fig pizza was also very nice. Neil was THE BEST waiter in town !! When you go there ask for him!! This is a restaurant where you can enjoy great quality of food, romantic ambiance and attentive service. Thank you ! Can wait to be back and join your fantastic team again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time-Awesome!!fellinluvDined on 9/4/2014Came to Napa to celebrate 25 th anniversary. Booked Tra Vigne for a romantic dinner, wasn't disappointed. My wife and I have been tellung everyone about our experience at the restaurant. Our server was very educated on the dishes as well as wine pairing. Can't wait to come back soon. Thank you!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusterDined on 9/3/2014TV has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years. Everyone we have ever taken there loves it - including my 80 year old parents from Texas. Dining at the bar, indoors or outdoors are all wonderful. The decor and ambiance are luscious, elegant, romantic, evocative, appetite-enhancing. Five-star service. Your wine list is superb - even your house wines are excellent. Thank you for another memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!MikeyBDined on 9/3/2014The food here was incredible! The mozzarella appetizer was out of this world good. I had the rabbit and pappardelle as a main course and it was just as good. If there is one stop to make in Napa Valley, make it Tra Vigne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tra VigneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We absolutely loved our dinner at Tra Vigne. It was the best meal we had on our trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley. I had the fig pizza and it was the best pizza I have ever had! We loved the ambiance and the very attentive staff. We will tell everyone we know that goes to Napa to dine at Tra Vigne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodie48Dined on 9/1/2014Whole fish deboned at table was excellent. Fresh mozzarella looked delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day's End OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Great spot to relax after a busy day visiting wineries. The mozzarella appetizer was amazing. All agreed the pork chop was the best!Special Features:
- A Staple of the Napa ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I have dined at Tra Vigne since I was a kid and have never had anything less then amazing! They have some staple dishes that have been on the menu since the 80's, such as their Mozzarella and Rabbit Ragu Parpadelle, so delicious!! There is a reason their clientele is anywhere from restaurant owners, wine makers to locals and tourists. Highly highly recommended when you are in the St. Helena area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I booked an anniversary dinner for eight on opentable. Everything was flawless. The restaurant called 24 hours prior to confirm and reserved a perfect twinkle light, courtyard table. All the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Had enjoyed Tra Vigne for dinner but this was the first time for brunch. Great food and lovely outdoor dining. Service was good and we were unhurried which was great.Special Features:
- delicious food. excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014It was our best meal in Napa Valley. We mentioned it was our anniversary and the waiter remembered that and brought us cake and candles. The food was excellent. Super fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and Elegant Diningtable4twoDined on 8/30/2014Tra Vigne is all about food and the right wine to go with it. The preparation and presentation is perfect and the waitstaff performs as the professionals they are. Perfect choice to experience Napa Valley in style. We dined here in 2008 and were delighted that it was still as wonderful a dining experience now as it was then. We started with the magnificent mozzarella bruschetta prepared fresh with the warmed cheese cut and spread for us at the table. One of us had the whole fish - filleted at the table - and the other the halibut. Both were delicious!Special Features:
- Return guestTucker10Dined on 8/30/2014I've dined here many times over the past 8 years. Consistency seems to be the name of the game. Very good,attentive waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.