TQLA Dana Park
1840 S. Val Vista Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85204Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
TQLA Dana Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tqlahouston.com/dana-park/
- Phone: 4808138752
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: TQLA offers full service catering for many different events and sizes.
- Private Party Facilities: TQLA has a semi-private dining room that can accommodate 40-50 guests. We can design a menu perfect for any occasion. Ask about our Tequila Seminars and Tequila Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Thompson 4808138752
A word from TQLA Dana Park
Prepare to indulge your senses with a blend of the freshest ingredients with a fun and energetic atmosphere, TQLA presents the heritage and flavors of the Southwest, Coastal Mexican cooking as well as adding some Southern influences. TQLA’s name pays homage to one of the fastest growing spirits in the world. Tequilas and Mezcals can be enjoyed much like any fine wine or single malt Scotch. With complex flavors and undertones present, there is much more than meets the eye. Our master mixologists use their knowledge of our vast selections to make some of the finest infusions, cocktails and martinis in the industry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TQLA Dana Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great vibeLuv2dineDined on 4/18/2014We choose to meet at TQLA with another couple since neither of us had tried it yet. This place was quite busy, both inside and on the patio. We all order tequila shots that were on tap and I also had a watermelon margarita. Our drinks from the bar did take extremely long to get. So long that that we had our appetizer 15 minutes before our shots or margarita came. Our appetizer had guacamole and two different salsas which were good. My husband and I shared the crab cakes that were pretty tasty. The fish tacos we had came with rice and beans and were filled with grilled yummy fish. We definitely were full leaving there and will come back again to dine on the patio and enjoy the outdoor ambience.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 4/15/2014We've always enjoyed our dining experiences at TQLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All About the BarwawoodeeDined on 4/4/2014Although the red salsa (free) and queso dip (not free) were world class, being from Minnesota I was hoping for a better overall Mexican food experience during my trip to Arizona. As others have commented, this is a noisy place. Our table was about as far from the bar as it could be, which was good. There isn't much separation between the bar and the dining area, and the acoustics seem to amplify the noisy bar patrons. The biggest disappointment was the margaritas. For a place that specializes in tequila (TQLA- get it?), the house margarita was below average as house margaritas go. Granted should have upgraded to a better tequila, but...below avg. Consensus at our table was that the food was good not great.Special Features:
- Worth the drive!VBadeauxDined on 3/29/2014Enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant, although it was a 30 minute drive from Scottsdale. It was worth the drive. The food was excellent, but it was a little noisy, as we were seated in the bar area. The waiter was very attentive. My wife had the pumpkin seed crusted salmon and I had habanero chicken. Quality of both were excellent and more than we could eat. I'm sure we'll be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TQLA on a Fri nightYpsigalDined on 3/28/2014Way too noisy, had to yell to be heard by dining companions. Waited even though we'd made dinner reservations. Entrees did not arrive together, were several minutes apart.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Happy HourLooking4Gr8Dined on 3/28/2014They have great Happy Hour prices. The service was a bit slow but it was busy since it was a Friday night. I was here once before on a Wednesday and the service was outstanding. I have yet to try items from the dinner menu, I am making my way through the appetizers. Calamari is great. Wine prices very reasonable. At how many places can 2 people have 5 drinks and 3 appetizers for $39?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014Good food and atmosphere. Arrived at 5 so wasn't busy and were able to take advantage of happy hour prices. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Would visit againSpecial Features:
- When we got there they didnorineDined on 3/25/2014When we got there they did not have our reservation in the computer.. Reservations was made on line and I printed it with the confirmation #.. It still worked out they found a table for our group.. It was a little loud.. had trouble hearing and giving our order to the waitress. she couldnt hear that we wanted apetizers. but over all we had a good time and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but food is great and fun!jerseygirlinazDined on 3/13/2014We took out of town relatives here after we had done a mani-pedi party for my daughter's wedding. The food is always good here and different than any other southwestern restaurant in the East Valley. It was hard for the out of town relatives to fine since the name of the restaurant is on the front of the building and not the sides. We had fifteen people and they had a large high top for us to sit at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGourmetchicVIPDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner at TQLA very much. The food was wonderful and the service was terrific. However, I would recommend asking for a table away from the bar as the noise level during Happy Hour (3 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.) was quite loud. This restaurant does have a very vibrant bar scene!Special Features:
- might be our new favlightningsmamaDined on 3/12/2014The food here is so yummy, the last couples we were there they drinks were pretty strong, but for me that wasnt a bad hing. The place really works with their theme of food, it has a great decor and ambiance. The service is always amazing, ive had a couple aweful servers and a handful of.amazing ones. I would recomend this place, we love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyRussDined on 3/5/2014We went for lunch without of town guests. The food was very good. The service was great too. The price was right for lunch. Music was a little too loud however not distracting. I would highly recommend this place for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Tryluv2eatDined on 2/28/2014I was skeptical at first but so glad my husband and I tried this place. We loved everything about it! Food, drinks, & service were all excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's daytoad526Dined on 2/14/2014Awesome place. . No wait. . Great food. . Really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Not great for a family dinnerdinnerwithfamilyDined on 1/31/2014had high hopes based on reviews so I made reservations for 9 people on a Friday night. Given that it was Friday, I knew it would be busy but this place was packed and VERY loud. The table was only set for 8 and when we asked for another chair, the receptionist was annoyed. We were seated a huge table by the bar that was nearly 5-feet across. We could barely talk and had to yell to talk to the person sitting next to you. There wasn't anything special about the food - not good enough to go back for. This is a good spot to grab a drink with friends or co-workers after a long week of work. I would not recommend having dinner with the family here. Our server was very friendly and accommodating though, we were satisfied with the his service.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerDeliciousnessDined on 1/10/2014My boyfriend's family and I always go out to eat on Friday nights. This last Friday we went to TQLA. It was fun but it was really dark and loud. We made a reservation for 13 people and when I arrived first the table was only set up for 10. As soon as everyone arrived they fixed the chair situation and they were very nice and patient with us until our entire party arrived. The food was great and I LOVED the pitcher of margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumfriendsDined on 12/31/2013The food was delicious, the service was great and friendly. The only negative was it was so energetic that at times you could not hear the person across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Mexican Food OptionLenInArizonaDined on 12/28/2013We finally got a chance to try TQLA and were not disappointed. The service and food was excellent. I tried the fajita (chicken & shrimp combo) and was very happy with my choice. We also tried the "Skinny Margarita".... usually they are not anywhere near as good as a standard margarita.... this one was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NFL BrunchTrishaVIPDined on 12/22/2013Had a great time with the family for a holiday brunch and was able to enjoy Sunday Football. Visiting from out of town and will go again on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2013Interesting selections on their weekend brunch menu. Most menu items have a SW touch. There's even something for those wanting a healthy diet-conscious choice. Our waiter was friendly and efficient. The decor is casual with dark woods and desert colors.Special Features:
- It wasn't all that.ScooterBeeDined on 12/14/2013We thought we'd try something different - TQLA was something of a disappointment. The food was just OK and excessively spicy. Even the "Ultimate Margarita" was not very good - either they didn't really use the good Tequila as listed or the mix was lousy - quite a surprise for a place called TQLA. The staff was amiable but clearly young and inexperienced - perhaps this was their winter job when the California surfing beaches are closed? Honestly, the best thing about the experience was the band playing there on Saturday night.Special Features:
- Having tried numerous restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2013Having tried numerous restaurants serving Mexican foods, this undoubtly been the best. The service was exceptional and the food serve quickly, hot and very tasty. The prices are reasonable and the ambiance. Would definately recommend this restaurant to others and will treat ourselves again to a fine dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceAzBookendVIPDined on 10/18/2013Great drinks, pretty good food, portions and prices, but certainly not on my "OMG, I want to go back again TONIGHT!" list. Jason was an excellent server on the patio and made up for a few service and order glitches. Definitely worthwhile during 1/2-off appetizer Happy Hour so stop in and decide for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMichelleVIPDined on 9/18/2013Our overall experience was wonderful. We went for a Ladies Lunch and were also celebrating a birthday. The food was delicious! We started with the queso (yummy!) and guacamole. Our table had the soup and salad combo, shrimp salad, tamale, and crispy chicken tacos. We also had traditional and skinny margaritas. Everyone really enjoyed their food and drinks. Danny was our server and he was fantastic. We were a bit loud and giggly and he was very accommodating. Overall great experience! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for Happy Hour!BESTPLACEINTOWNVIPDined on 8/30/2013Go here for some great food and drinks at a great price. Menu is a little Americanish-Mexican instead of the other way around, but still very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish.AmberTDined on 8/23/2013The food was great, the drink was great, but the waitress was MIA. We could never find her when we needed something. The bad service isn't going to keep me from going again though; my husband and I have never had anything there that we didn't love.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placecrobert312Dined on 8/2/2013The food was great as well as the service. My wife and I got the steak fajita for two and I was excellent. Great margaritas and bar scene as well. Overall it was a good experience and worth trying out. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sucky SaladRachelDined on 8/2/2013The shrimp salad was meager for the price. Decent flavor but minuscule. The restaurant clearly spent no more than $2.00 on it but charges $13.00. Six jumbo shrimp is acceptable but three pieces of 1/8 inch cucumbers and about 1/16 of a mango fineły chopped, with 3 tomato wedges makes it just suck. If it had not been for the hips and salsa I would've left hungry. My hubby enjoyed his fajitas so I will give the place a second chance. However I won't be ordering a salad again.Special Features:
- Superb Fish Tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2013I was on vacation in AZ and not familiar with the area. I went by other Open Table reviews about TQLA and they were not wrong. Everything was great! The host and waitstaff were wonderful. Our food was excellent. I would definitely recommend going if you have the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foods, Great SpiritsruntoeatDined on 7/11/2013My 3rd time and 1st time for my husband and grown daughter. There is a 'noise' level that is noted yet overall - food, service, professionalism - all excellent. We had meals, drinks and outstanding Leche desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas!!dancer26Dined on 7/9/2013Drinks were awesome!! Food was good too. Took a little long to get the food once it was ordered. Over 20 minutes, and we only ordered fajitas. But everything was fresh and piping hot when it arrived. Needs to be more of a choice of salsas for those that like to have things hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's dayGr8tymeDined on 6/16/2013Great place, atmosphere, food and best of all the service! This will not be my last vist only my first of hopefully many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekBobcatfan76Dined on 5/23/2013We decided to try TQLA during resturant week and we were not disappointed. The Baja ceviche and duck tamales apps were amazing and the street tacos on the happy hour menu were perfectly cooked and a great value. The pork tenderloin was tender and the ancho rub was perfect for that cut of meat. Overall everything that we had at TQLA was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas! We willstubbersDined on 5/18/2013Great margaritas! We will definetly go back to try the various linds of margaritas. The salsas were unique to that restaurant and we liked them. Everyones dish was great. I had the pumpkin seed crusted salmon with green chile mashed potatoes! Delicious. Fun atmosphere and great wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but food was averageMandyVIPDined on 5/17/2013I had dinner with a friend. We just ate off the Happy Hour menu. We ordered 4 items- street tacos, duck tamales, ceviche, and calamari. The food was average but I really liked the Habanero pomegranate margarita. It was very tasty. Our waitress, Lindsey, was very attentive and friendly. I might try here one more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAZ89DADOF7Dined on 5/12/2013My wife and I were celebrating Mother's Day and TQLA was a nice surprise. I am not much for Mexican food, but really enjoyed the meal (Fajitas) and the prices are reasonable, even for a limited budget like ours. The staff were friendly and attentive. We were not made to feel rushed, and the appetizer and meals were delivered to the table at the perfect times. Although there was some activity at the bar, we were not bothered by noise or the TVs. Nice place and a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around FavoriteCCarrDined on 5/5/2013Great atmosphere and Food topped off by SUPER service compliments of Robert! Outstanding Blackberry Habanero Margaritas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgettableBeecher632Dined on 5/4/2013Appetizers were amateurish, entrees were disappointing, highlight of the meal was the house salad. Our party of 4, ordered 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 8 drinks over the course of 75 minutes between 6:30 and 7:45 and to our surprise presented with our check even though we had no intentions of leaving. Maybe the waitress was trying to help us?
- I love TqlajerseygirlinazDined on 5/3/2013When Tqla first opened I thought it was only a bar. One day I rode by and was the Southwest Kitchen sign on the side of the building and told my husband we should try it. We have been there about four times. Each time it was great. Service is excellent and food is delicious. I had the fajitas two times. you get enough for lunch for the next day. We have celebrated two birthdays there and each time we are presented with a birthday dessert. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and fun!AZgalVIPDined on 4/27/2013Loved our 3 last visits to TQLA. Food and service are excellentSpecial Features: